Movie Forums (http://www.movieforums.com/community/index.php)
-   Games and Tabs (http://www.movieforums.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Movie Tab II (http://www.movieforums.com/community/showthread.php?t=9906)

LordSlaytan 02-13-05 07:59 PM

Movie Tab II

The other movie tab was getting so large that many dial-up members were complaining that they quit frequenting the thread due to the length it took to load. So I'm making this new one and closing the old.

Post away!

SamsoniteDelilah 02-13-05 08:12 PM

I just watched X-Men 2 and Spellbound (1945 - Hitchcock).

Tazz 02-13-05 08:19 PM

Last Movie Tab got 8,000 replies...

HellboyUnleashed 02-13-05 10:19 PM

That is a lot of replies. the last movie i watched was King Arthur(directors cut). one of the best movies I own in my opinion

Mark 02-13-05 11:21 PM

Take the Money and Run - (d. W. Allen, 1969)

The Seventh Seal - (d. I. Bergman, 1957)

Braveheart - (d. M. Gibson, 1995)

Close Encounters of the Third Kind - (d. S. Spielberg, 1977)

Jaws - (d. S. Spielberg, 1975)

Show Boat - (d. G. Sidney, 1951)

Scarlet Letter - (d. F. Lang, 1945)

All Quiet on the Western Front - (d. L. Milestone, 1930)

Pooh's Heffalump Movie - (d. F. Nissen, 2005)

Ray - (d. T. Hackford, 2004)

Shark Tale - (d. B. Bergeon, V. Jenson, R. Letterman, 2004)

King Arthur - (d. A. Fuqua, 2004)

Misery - (d. R. Reiner, 1990)

The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen - (d. S. Norrington, 2003)

Stargate - (d. R. Emmerich, 1994)

LordSlaytan 02-13-05 11:25 PM

Originally Posted by Mark
I'm listening, bro. What did you think?

John McClane 02-13-05 11:40 PM

Pulp Fiction

jrs 02-13-05 11:51 PM

I'm bringing the last one I saw over to here....

The Notebook

2004 - Nick Cassavetes
http://red-colored.org/lazysod/stars/four.gif

AboveTheClouds 02-14-05 12:13 AM

Office Space.

OG- 02-14-05 12:21 AM

You've killed my legacy!!!!!!!!!!!!

KAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Monkeypunch 02-14-05 12:29 AM

Mystery Men - Why wasn't this film more famous? It's so hilarious!

"We are number one. All others are number two, or lower." :rotfl:

linespalsy 02-14-05 12:35 AM

Yeah, Mystery Men was really good, I likes it.

The last movie I saw was Sideways, which I already commented on in the appropriate thread. ***/4

projectMayhem 02-14-05 02:14 AM

Super Troopers - One of my favorite comedies.

The Motorcycle Diaries - Wonderful, and one of the most beautiful movies I've seen in a long time.

Tae Guk Gi: The Brotherhood of War - Brutal war movie. The two main characters are damn near unrecognizable from themselves at the beginning, which just shows how much war can change someone.

Get Shorty - This movie's a lot of fun, and I hope Be Cool will be as well.

SpoOkY 02-14-05 04:50 AM

I just saw Walking Tall (2004), pretty much a clone movie (same as many) with tons of senseless violence that gets ignored by all the characters because of this notion that "violence for justice" is always justified even if you kill people :p . Well it wasn't so bad but don't worry if you never see it. :up:1/2 out of 5.

Caitlyn 02-14-05 10:35 AM

Ever After (1998)
Heaven Can Wait (1978)

Sedai 02-14-05 10:50 AM

I'll post my last entry from the old tab :)

Twin Peaks : Pilot
Twin Peaks : Episode one
Mulholland Drive
(multiple times)

Tacitus 02-14-05 11:31 AM

Shattered Glass (2003, Billy Ray) - surprisingly good (for me, as I hadn't heard of it, or the source material and it looked like a standard DTV release) Based-On-A-True-Story tail of a young journalist who cooked most of his stories.

Think All The President's Men crossed with The French Lieutenant's Woman (trust me) and you're half way there... ;)

Sinny McGuffins 02-14-05 03:20 PM

Rashomon
1950 - Akira Kurosawa
http://red-colored.org/lazysod/stars/five.gif

Mulholland Drive
2001 - David Lynch
http://red-colored.org/lazysod/stars/four-half.gif

The Taxi Driver 02-14-05 04:11 PM

Raging bull because i just got the SE DVD and i still love it.

Escape 02-14-05 04:22 PM

Bourne Supremacy. First time since i saw it in theatre.

John McClane 02-14-05 05:26 PM

Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade-Boy, this one never gets old.

Ezikiel 02-14-05 06:06 PM

Bed and Board
1970 - François Truffaut
http://red-colored.org/lazysod/stars/three-half.gif

ash_is_the_gal 02-14-05 06:14 PM

My Cousin Vinny 5/5

John McClane 02-14-05 06:36 PM

Originally Posted by ash_is_the_gal
My Cousin Vinny 5/5
Oh boy, I need to watch that it's been a while since I've seen it.

LordSlaytan 02-14-05 06:55 PM

My Cousin Vinny 5/5
Cool...I still can't believe you had never seen that one before.

ash_is_the_gal 02-14-05 07:36 PM

Originally Posted by LordSlaytan
Cool...I still can't believe you had never seen that one before.
yeah yeah :blush:

it was great by the way! it had some great dialouge

Monkeypunch 02-15-05 01:19 AM

The Aviator - Two thumbs way up. Should win Best Picture and Best Director, in my opinion. a great mix of spectacle and human drama made by someone who clearly loves everything about making movies. Cate Blanchet (spelling?) was my favourite part of the movie.

AboveTheClouds 02-15-05 01:28 AM

Detriot Rock City..

nebbit 02-15-05 04:20 AM

Million Dollor Baby : first time: :up:

Vanity Fair : First time: :up:

Super Troopers : First and last time: :down:

The Zookeeper : First time: :up:

Killing Me Softly : first time: :down:

Monsieur Ibrahim : First time: :up:

Bloom: first time: :up:

The Village first time: :up:

:D :D :D :D :D

Sinny McGuffins 02-15-05 09:43 AM

Flushed
2004 - Matthew Clayfield
http://red-colored.org/lazysod/stars/four-half.gif

chicagofrog 02-15-05 10:06 AM

the Sixth Day, 2000, Arnie at his best (("less worst"?????????))
(well okay, twas on TV, no time to rent a dvd, so..)

The Silver Bullet 02-15-05 11:22 AM

So I'm making this new one and closing the old.
I seriously think that's the most tragic thing to happen to MoFo ever.

I'm not kidding. Re-open it. One page of Movie Tab is no different in size to one page of Movie Tab II. You're not downloading the whole thread everytime you visit on page of it.

Originally Posted by Sinny McGuffins
Wow. You did like it, huh?

Sinny McGuffins 02-15-05 12:10 PM

Mean Streets
1973 - Martin Scorsese

Originally Posted by The Silver Bullet
Wow. You did like it, huh?
It took me two viewings to really appreciate it. But yeah, I loved it. Nice little movie you made there, Matt.

Pyro Tramp 02-15-05 12:14 PM

Sexy Beast (Jonathon Glazer, 2000)
4/5
Nice little film, Kingsley and Winstone are superb

undercoverlover 02-15-05 01:33 PM

Ocean's 11- i just cant help myself, its a sickness

Piddzilla 02-15-05 06:18 PM

Miller's Crossing (1990) - 4/5.

Garrett 02-15-05 07:14 PM

Donnie Brasco
1997 - Mike Newell

The Killing Fields
1984 - Roland Joffé

Caitlyn 02-16-05 10:54 AM

The Last Waltz (1979)
Uncle Buck (1989)

Holden Pike 02-16-05 03:22 PM

I'm not yet mid-way through the Portland International Film Festival, but I've already seen nine movies since Friday. I'll be seeing the Iranian film Turtles Can Fly tonight. Last night in addition to Шиzа (Schizo), which is a Kazakhstan/Russia production, I also saw the German flick The Edukators.

These are the best I've seen so far...

• Buffalo Boy - Mua len Trau (Minh Nguyen-Vô, Vietnam)
    Set in 1940s Vietnam, a fifteen year-old-boy must take his family's two water buffalo to higher ground after the season's rains completely flood the lowlands where they live and rot all the grasses. He hooks up with some herders who are basically a traveling gang of miscreants who drink and gamble and rape their way across the countryside with a few dozen buffalo in tow. The boy also learns old dark secrets from his father's past. Buffalo Boy is a coming-of-age story and a terribly fascinating look at purely agrarian Vietnam removed from the political struggles with the French occupiers or of course any of the later wartime era that has become familiar territory in film the past twenty-five years. Beautifully shot by cinematographer Yves Cape, most of the narrative takes place on plains flooded as far as they eye can see - shot on location in the Ca Mau provine. Amazingly, this is director Nguyen-Vô's debut effort, and all but one of the actors in the film have never worked in front of a camera before. Ambitious and beautiful.
  • The Edukators - Die Fetten Jahre sind Vorbei (Hans Weingartner, Germany)
    Sort of a mix between Fight Club, Panic Room and "The Ransom of Red Chief", done as essentially a comedy and with some strong social commentary too. Three young German twentysomethings take their hate of class inequity to a strange battlefield: they break into the estates of millionares when they aren't home and rearrange their furniture with acts of minor non-permanent vandalism leaving messages that money is evil and their riegns of comfort and decadence are coming to an end. They don't steal anything, other than the wealthy homeowners' sense of security and, they hope, cause them to reevaluate their morality. Trouble comes when they pick a target with a personal connection who they kidnap when he unexpectedly walks in on them. Funny, smart and compelling.
  • Cold Light - Kaldaljós (Hilmar Oddsson, Iceland)
    A quiet and detached man, probably forty-years-old, in contemporary urban Iceland joins an art night-class at a local university. We learn he has been drawing since he was a young boy, when he lived with his sister, mother and fisherman father in a small, secluded fishing village in the mountains. Through flashbacks we see he believes he possesses a sort of clairvoyance through his art, and that he had predicted pain and tragedy explains why he is so cold and distant as an adult. But he falls in love with his art teacher, and through that relationship he reexamines events from his childhood and hopefully starts to come back to life. Gorgeous wintery Icelandic setting, mixed with a bit of magical realism and a probing character study.

Millions and Dear Frankie are both sweet and well-made Brit flicks but a little too slight to be really great, The Ballad of Jack & Rose has some great performances but suffers from an unfocused narrative and Schizo while good but far from spectacular if nothing else it is a very interesting look at the societal margins inside Kazakhstan. Mercano the Martian, a cartoon from Argentina, was the only real waste of time thus far. Only internet quality at best, it's not terribly funny and it awkwardly attempts to graft social commentary into the nonsense. It does have a decnet punchline, but not really worth the ride to get there.

As for The Merchant of Venice, it's one of Billy Shakespeare's most problematic plays...and the movie is no different. Pretty faithful adaptation by Michael Radford (Il Postino), but while lovely to look at ultimately this one leaves me cold. Pacino is not the problem however. Al of course is an actor who goes over-the-top more often than not (unfortunately), but here he is quite controlled and actually manages to bring a good deal of humanity to the character of Shylock - which isn't always easy when you look at the way Shakespeare wrote the role. Jeremy Irons is fine as Antonio, but I continue to have a problem with Joseph Finnes. I just don't buy him as a credible screen presence. The shifting tones of the play/film are awkward to me, the perfect example being the dramatic hearing where Shylock wants his pound of flesh but Portia turns up disguised as a man as the scholar who settles the matter. There's too much comedy mixed in with what I think is hard to take as anything but tragedy. But that's the real problem of this play and makes it difficult to determine what Shakespeare was trying to say about Jews, if much of anything at all other than using them as stereotypes. That problem will continue to hang over the play, no matter who adapts the movie from it.

ANYway, those three films I highlighted are all very much worth seeing.

ash_is_the_gal 02-16-05 03:50 PM

Hocus Pocus 3/5

John McClane 02-16-05 05:14 PM

Homeless to Harvard: The Liza Mira Story-Watched it in Health class. It was pretty good.

Golgot 02-16-05 08:27 PM

Ahhhh. A thread my doddering dial-up can deal with? Perfick :)

Old Boy 4/5 - Without doubt the best revenge film i've seen in a long long while. Takes the genre to its most tortured extreme, but does it with style, and some deeply-gouged traces of human grace too.

Kontroll 3/5 - Hungarian ticket collectors staying fairly-genial amongst the violent strife of their life. Curious characters, a long-hard crawl to self-redemption, a girl in a bear costume, and some non-Hollywoody ambiguity too. It's society shaken up in a bottle (and left to fester), but it's fun ;).

Golgot 02-16-05 08:47 PM

Soz for the double-post, but i figured it'd annoy Holds enough to get his attention ;

Sweet synopsiseses sir Hold-your-horses :)

Originally Posted by Holden Pike
There's too much comedy mixed in with what I think is hard to take as anything but tragedy. But that's the real problem of this play and makes it difficult to determine what Shakespeare was trying to say about Jews, if much of anything at all other than using them as stereotypes.
I always reckoned Shakey was trying a form of sucker-punch move with Merchant. i.e. on the surface he sells Shylock as the stereotypical money-grabbing Jew, but throughout the play Shylock's actions contradict that same stereotype. He's primed to be a money-grabber, but portrayed as an angry human man, to whom gold means nothing compared to that which he holds most dear.

I doubt it was successful at converting anyone away from their stoked-up hate, but i reckon he was doing the slippery-fish trick of speaking to those who saw through the anti-Jew myth, while the others rolled on with their scapegoat-hate intact (with perhaps the odd 'hey, why didn't he ask for a pound of gold mesh?' - before they got back to... 'but, hey, that girl in man's dress eh?')

Thank you for your attention ;)

Garrett 02-16-05 09:32 PM

Stranger Than Paradise
1983 - Jim Jarmusch
http://red-colored.org/lazysod/stars/three.gif

Mystery Train
1989 - Jim Jarmusch

The Quiet American
2002 - Phillip Noyce

Mark 02-17-05 01:08 AM

Modern Times - (d. C. Chaplin, 1936)

PimpDaShizzle V2.0 02-17-05 02:40 AM

Modern Times - (d. C. Chaplin, 1936)
Awesome movie. I don't think Mr. C' gets enough recognition for his contribution to film. Booya.

Alien: Resurrection :sleep:
The director, I don't remember his name, usually writes his stuff. He usually makes interesting movies too. Needless to say, he didn't do either with this film.

Single White Female :bashful:
I'm sorry to say, but I liked this movie. The boobies weren't outright tasteless so the girlfriend wasn't all like, "Oh my god, you perve! I'm outty 5000. L-7 LOSER!" It didn't go anything like that. It was good times. Some minor parellel action mixed with a little psychotic action, it was coo'.

(I've decided not to include my entertainment/technique ish'. You're welcome. Who am I to decide what's good and what's not? Maybe you'll find the faces more apealing.)

chicagofrog 02-17-05 09:57 AM

The Camomile Lawn, GB 1992, in Cornwall, i love Cornwall, not England, or should i say Kernow? (plus Tara!)

Caitlyn 02-17-05 10:31 AM

Mighty Joe Young (1949) 5/5

undercoverlover 02-17-05 01:31 PM

Quest for justice - pretty decent channel 5 movie, Jane Seymour in America's racist South running a newspaper and trying to get the truth out there

Interview with a vampire - better every time i see it, which is like every week

Caitlyn 02-17-05 03:08 PM

Originally Posted by undercoverlover
America's racist South

:rolleyes:

Holden Pike 02-17-05 03:47 PM

Originally Posted by Caitlyn
:rolleyes:
Well, what she meant more specifically is the movie (based on the true story of Pulitzer Prize winning writer Hazel Brannon Smith) it is set in the segregated Mississippi of the 1950s. But it was most definitely the racistist she was up against, so not sure what your eye-rolling is for exactly.

How DARE somebody suggest the South has a history plagued with violent and very open racism. :rolleyes:

Caitlyn 02-17-05 04:14 PM

Originally Posted by Holden Pike
Well, what she meant more specifically is the movie (based on the true story of Pulitzer Prize winning writer Hazel Brannon Smith) it is set in the segregated Mississippi of the 1950s. But it was most definitely the racistist she was up against, so not sure what your eye-rolling is for exactly.

How DARE somebody suggest the South has a history plagued with violent and very open racism. :rolleyes:

I am well aware of what the movie is about… and exactly who Hazel Brannon Smith was. I am also aware that the south has a history plagued by violence and open racism… but the south is not the only place racism existed/exists and not everyone in the south was/is a racist… which is what her statement "America's racist South" implied… and what I took exception to.

ash_is_the_gal 02-17-05 04:32 PM

I am well aware of what the movie is about… and exactly who Hazel Brannon Smith was. I am also aware that the south has a history plagued by violence and open racism… but the south is not the only place racism existed/exists and not everyone in the south was/is a racist… which is what her statement "America's racist South" implied… and what I took exception to.
i think its safe to say, when someone generalizes, such as saying "America's racist south" , they don't literally mean every single person in the entire south is a downright racist. Everyone knows there are exceptions to the rule, but im pretty sure everyone around here knows, without you having to specify that she didn't mean ALL. i don't think we should all have to specify our little generalzations just so certain people can feel better. :)

ash_is_the_gal 02-17-05 04:33 PM

Total Recall 4/5

John McClane 02-17-05 06:30 PM

Zulu-:up:

OG- 02-17-05 07:23 PM

Modern Times

ash_is_the_gal 02-17-05 07:39 PM

Fear 3.5/5

Golgot 02-18-05 01:09 PM

Bubba Ho-Tep 3/5
Not as good as the Evil Dead series maybe, and a little bit stilted despite its levity, but about as much fun as pecker-cancer and soul-death can be.

undercoverlover 02-18-05 01:29 PM

The film was set in America, the south of it no less, and at the time it was racist. If you knew full well what the movie was about what was the problem exactly?

Holden Pike 02-18-05 02:24 PM

http://www.nwfilm.org/piff/films/ima...opied_grey.jpg http://www.lunchkino.ch/filme/manwho...whocopied2.jpg

The Man Who Copied - O Homem Que Copiava (Jorge Furtado, Brazil)
A heist movie about a day-dreaming comic artist barely scraping by with the minimum wage he earns making photocopies in a small store who yearns to turn his obsession with the girl next door into a romance, this fantastic flick is a must-see. It is funny, it is charming, and it is exhilerating filmmaking. If Pedro Almodóvar were Brazilian and made a cross between Rear Window, Say Anything..., Fresh and Nine Queens it would come out as The Man Who Copied. I'd go into more detail, but it's just best to figure it all out as it's unfolding. I can't wait to see this one again. What a ride.
GRADE: A-

Oh, and on top of it being a great movie, The Man Who Copied is also a great introduction to the
stunning beauty that is Luana Piovani. My god...

blibblobblib 02-18-05 04:06 PM

Recently read the book this film was adapted from, absoloulty incredible read, so awful and so touching, i recommend it to everyone as it has this amazing humility and voice that speaks so honestly about the whole War thing...and its still just as applicable to my generation as it was to my grandfathers. Great read.

oh and film i last watched? Waynes World 2 :D

Ezikiel 02-18-05 05:54 PM

Scenes from a Marriage
1973 - Ingmar Bergman

Se7en
1995 - David Fincher

Crimes and Misdemeanors
1989 - Woody Allen

Garrett 02-18-05 06:16 PM

Devils on the Doorstep
2000 - Jiang Wen
http://www.red-colored.org/lazysod/stars/five.gif

Dracula: Pages from a Virgin's Diary
2002 - Guy Maddin

Bukowski: Born into This
2003 - John Dullaghan

The Ladykillers
2004 - Coen Brothers

Barton Fink
1991 - Coen Brothers

Eyes 02-18-05 08:39 PM

Saw

Strummer521 02-19-05 01:37 AM

Constantine, Ferris Bueller's Day Off and Being John Malkovich

ash_is_the_gal 02-19-05 02:09 AM

Tombstone 4/5
Beaches 5/5

Mark 02-19-05 05:01 AM

All Quiet on the Western Front
Originally Posted by blibblobblib
Recently read the book this film was adapted from, absoloulty incredible read...
I'm listening bro, what did you think?
I read the book a few years back, and I have to say, I was both amazed and disturbed. The portion particularly in which the soldier is stuck in the fox hole with the dying enemy blew me away. I remember it lasting for several pages. I'm afraid the movie didn't do this scene justice. Sorry, Brian. I know you like this movie, but I should have watched it before I read the book. I probably would have like it more in that case.

Mark 02-19-05 05:03 AM

The Swimmer - (d. F. Perry, 1968)

Raging Bull - (d. M. Scorsese, 1980)

SpoOkY 02-19-05 05:17 AM

Metallica: Some Kind Of Monster (2004). This was suprisingly very good watching considering I wasn't really a fan of them, it's more a documentary of how the band breaks apart and reforms. There's something insanely cool about seeing the behind the scenes look at these rock legends, right to the nitty gritty of alcoholism and betrayal :up:

It's probably been done before but was refreshingly unique for me 4/5.

Tacitus 02-19-05 06:43 AM

Man On Fire (2004, Tony Scott)

2.5/5

Solid revenge flick (almost) ruined by Little Bro Tony's flashy direction, and the feeling that he's watched Big Bro Ridley's Gladiator and Hannibal one too many times...

Denzel saves this, for me.

Naisy 02-19-05 09:15 AM

I cant believe you guys closed (locked) the old Movie Tab
There's no real difference in loading times, trust me (im a cursed dial-up), it's still one page at a time and a true mofo can put up with it! damn shame to lose the original, that being said and I doubt you'll change it back....

Meet the Fockers
Team America
Blade: Trinity
and next week
Yu-Gi-Oh The Movie

blibblobblib 02-19-05 10:51 AM

I read the book a few years back, and I have to say, I was both amazed and disturbed. The portion particularly in which the soldier is stuck in the fox hole with the dying enemy blew me away. I remember it lasting for several pages.
I totally agree, that scene summed up the whole theme of the book and highlighted the most poingnant part for me. I actually found that part really emotional, as Paul looks into the enemy soldiers eyes and sees the true fear that his causing him, its awful. I'm gonna make sure i watch the film, but from what ive heard it wont live up to it, but ill give it a shot.

Sinny McGuffins 02-19-05 12:09 PM

Scandal
1950 - Akira Kurosawa

Eyes Wide Shut
1999 - Stanley Kubrick

Lance McCool 02-19-05 12:14 PM

Batman - 4/5
Aliens - 4.5/5

Sedai 02-19-05 01:08 PM

Originally Posted by SpoOkY
Metallica: Some Kind Of Monster (2004). This was suprisingly very good watching considering I wasn't really a fan of them, it's more a documentary of how the band breaks apart and reforms. There's something insanely cool about seeing the behind the scenes look at these rock legends, right to the nitty gritty of alcoholism and betrayal :up:

It's probably been done before but was refreshingly unique for me 4/5.
Hmmm, I just watched this, and I have to say it was almost unbearable, and any respect I had left for the band is now gone. James Hetfield is without a doubt the biggest crybaby whine-ass I have ever seen, and Lars Ulrich is in close second. Whine, cry, piss about, whine, cry.... what a waste of time. So....

Some Kind of Monster

On a better note I also watched....

Raging Bull

The best period piece I have ever seen, period. My girlfriend and I just couldn't get over how this film seems to have been made in the period it depicts. Every character was perfect, piece of clothing, every car, and the production design...just incredible.

One of the best films ever made.

undercoverlover 02-19-05 01:16 PM

Mean Girls - i thought this was pretty decent, not as funny as anticipated but it did ok, i expect big things from Rachel McAdams, super bitch supremo in this movie

Sinny McGuffins 02-19-05 01:22 PM

Originally Posted by Sedai
Raging Bull

The best period piece I have ever seen, period. My girlfriend and I just couldn't get over how this film seems to have been made in the period it depicts. Every character was perfect, piece of clothing, every car, and the production design...just incredible.
I love Raging Bull, it's one of my favorites of all time. Was this your first viewing?

Eyes 02-19-05 09:04 PM

Taxi

Piddzilla 02-19-05 11:21 PM

Hmmm, I just watched this, and I have to say it was almost unbearable, and any respect I had left for the band is now gone. James Hetfield is without a doubt the biggest crybaby whine-ass I have ever seen, and Lars Ulrich is in close second. Whine, cry, piss about, whine, cry.... what a waste of time. So....

Some Kind of Monster

Let me see if I get this right... You didn't like the film because it made Metallica look bad?

Strummer521 02-19-05 11:51 PM

Eulogy, an independent film with Ray Romano in it. That fact alone made this movie very intriguing to me. But it turned out not to have much to offer. I love Ray's show but hopefully when it is over he will not resign himself to being in a slew of mediocore movies (welcome to mooseport).

Garrett 02-20-05 12:04 AM

That's odd.... the stars that I use to rate my movies aren't even showing up, but when I go to edit the code is still there.
Anyone know why? Anyone? Anyone? Bueller? Anyone?

The Taxi Driver 02-20-05 08:52 AM

Open water
2/5
this movie didnt really do anything for. i wasnt scared or anxious i really just didnt care if the characters lived or not. definitly was expecting more

Sinny McGuffins 02-20-05 09:12 AM

Thelma & Louise
1991 - Ridley Scott

Subway Stories: Tales From The Underground
1997 - Too many directors to list

Originally Posted by Garrett
That's odd.... the stars that I use to rate my movies aren't even showing up, but when I go to edit the code is still there.
Yeah, I don't think any images are working in posts at the moment. Well, for some people anyway.

Sedai 02-20-05 01:30 PM

I love Raging Bull, it's one of my favorites of all time. Was this your first viewing?
Yes. It's funny, as I am a massive Scorsese head, but hadn't seen this simply because I couldn't taint my first viewing of this film with a VCR tape viewing. I HAD to wait until the DVD was available, with the new transfer, in widescreen. I am glad I waited. Scorsese is one of my favorite directors, hands down.

Anyway, for the tab II

Twin Peaks : Pilot (Lynch, 1990) (again, 2nd time this week)

Garden State (Braff, 2004) - Liked this one more than I thought I would. Good job Portman.

Cape Fear
(Scorsese, 1991)

Sedai 02-20-05 01:33 PM

Originally Posted by Piddzilla
Let me see if I get this right... You didn't like the film because it made Metallica look bad?
No becaue I wasted two hors of my life watching two rich rock stars whine. Not what I would consider quality use of time.

OG- 02-20-05 01:42 PM

The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly

Garrett 02-20-05 01:52 PM

Yeah, I don't think any images are working in posts at the moment. Well, for some people anyway.
Okay. As long as it isn't just me.

Videodrome
1983 - David Cronenberg

PimpDaShizzle V2.0 02-20-05 04:14 PM

Napolean Dynamite :)

Second time I've seen it and it's still funny. The only thing I didn't like, and have never liked, is when people who've seen it say, "This part's so funny." (insert part) "Did you hear it? HAHAHAHA!" That makes it not funny. Luckly it was still funny though, weird, isn't it?

Tazz 02-20-05 10:07 PM

Zzat died?

OG- 02-20-05 11:51 PM

Raging Bull

Ezikiel 02-21-05 12:31 AM

Love on the Run
1979 - François Truffaut

Baadasssss!
2003 - Mario Van Peebles

The Limey
1999 - Steven Soderbergh

Flirting with Disaster
1996 - David O. Russell

Easy Rider
1969 - Dennis Hopper

OG- 02-21-05 01:38 AM

The Toolbox Murders (2003)

Piece of poop. This is no such "return to form" for Tobe Hooper. It even raises further question as to whether or not Hooper ever even had a form.

PimpDaShizzle V2.0 02-21-05 02:25 AM

Troy :rolleyes:
What can I say. I think the ligthing was bland and the scenes seemed to rehearsed. That was kind of cool when Brad "Tight Abs" Pitt ran up to the huge d00d and stabbed him in the shoulder. Was kind of like Mr. Abs in Snatch. Hmm. Dang.

SamsoniteDelilah 02-21-05 02:30 AM

Originally Posted by PimpDaShizzle V2.0
Troy :rolleyes:
What can I say. I think the ligthing was bland and the scenes seemed to rehearsed. That was kind of cool when Brad "Tight Abs" Pitt ran up to the huge d00d and stabbed him in the shoulder. Was kind of like Mr. Abs in Snatch. Hmm. Dang.
I liked that move, too. Too bad about the rest of the 3 hours. :p

I've been on a movie binge, lately...
Napoleon Dynamite
Garden State
The Graduate
The Exorcist 2: Suckville
Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark
Indiana Jones and the Temple of Why-Was-This-Film-Made

ash_is_the_gal 02-21-05 04:51 AM

Thelma & Louise
1991 - Ridley Scott
did you like it??? :)

Garrett 02-21-05 05:59 AM

Originally Posted by SamsoniteDelilah
I've been on a movie binge, lately...
I've been on a movie binge since birth. :p

3-Iron
2004 - Kim Ki-duk
(9 out of 10)

Piddzilla 02-21-05 06:20 AM

No becaue I wasted two hors of my life watching two rich rock stars whine. Not what I would consider quality use of time.
Sounds fun to me! :D Is it possible to find Lars "Napster" Ulrich more annoying? Obviously! Then this film serves a function. ;) I've been wanting to see this one for a while but I haven't yet.

...but I get what you mean, Sed.

ash_is_the_gal 02-21-05 07:15 AM

thats rich, coming from you.

blibblobblib 02-21-05 08:35 AM

Originally Posted by SamsoniteDelilah
Indiana Jones and the Temple of Why-Was-This-Film-Made[/i]
Bite thy tongue!

"To get out...you must take...the left tunnel"

Sedai 02-21-05 10:43 AM

thats rich, coming from you.
Which means? You seem to not like me, and I don't know why.

Anyway:

Joe Satriani : Live in San Francisco

Awesome performance, this man is amazing...