Movie Forums (http://www.movieforums.com/community/index.php)
-   Upcoming Movies & Sequels (http://www.movieforums.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   The Hulk (http://www.movieforums.com/community/showthread.php?t=1574)

spudracer 01-06-02 10:15 PM

The Hulk

Directed by Ang Lee, it's the next comic book character to be brought to the big screen. Eric Bana will play the role of The Hulk, but of course, not his alter ego(a bit foggy on the name at the moment).

What are your thoughts?

The Silver Bullet 01-06-02 10:20 PM

I don't doubt Bana can do it, but I can't imagine it in the slightest.

See "Chopper". If he would do that, it wouldn't suprise me what he can do. The guy used to be a stand up comic and now he's winning awards for Christ sake.

spudracer 01-06-02 10:45 PM

I got totally confused. I thought that Bana would play The Hulk, and not Banner. Or is he going to do both? I always thought it was great how they did it on the old show.

Jennifer Connelly also stars in this.

The Silver Bullet 01-06-02 10:53 PM

God. I have no idea.
I don't know how they did it in the old show, I never even saw it. I'm not going to see this film. It doesn't interest me at all.

I'm just saying watch "Chopper."

:D

spudracer 01-06-02 10:59 PM

Doesn't interest you!? It's ANG LEE!!!

They used to show an all day marathon of The Hulk every now and then on the Sci-Fi channel, don't know if they still do, but they did.

Wasn't a bad show either, quite good really, well for a tv show about a big green guy. :)

The Silver Bullet 01-06-02 11:07 PM

Ang Lee doesn't interest me much. Sure "Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon" was a great film. So?

spudracer 01-06-02 11:13 PM

I'm just giving you crap man. :)

The Silver Bullet 01-06-02 11:16 PM

I know. So?

Yoda 01-06-02 11:22 PM

So? SO? SO? Phsaw. Pyscho! :D We've got a great director, and a superhero movie: what else could you want? It looks good. I think we're gonna see an interesting twist on most superhero flicks. I think we're going to see the same kind of stuff that sets Batman apart from Superman: the pyschological issues involved with it. I'm definitely looking forward to this movie.

The Silver Bullet 01-07-02 02:14 AM

It'll be a whole Spiderman Vs. Hulk thing.

I'm much more of a Spy-movie man than a Superhero-movie man.
None of these films really cut it for me.

spudracer 01-07-02 09:54 AM

What, comicbook wise?

Cause Spider-Man is set for May 3, 2002 release. Hulk is set for a 2003 release.

Superhero movies are always fun to watch, especially if you grew up around them. The only exception of a bad superhero movie, Captain America. There are worse, Fantastic Four is so bad, they won't even release it.

L .B . Jeffries 02-08-02 02:09 PM

does anyone else have any news about this film my intrest is getting bigger and bigger everyday

Cheers

Yoda 02-08-02 02:15 PM

Here's some of the most recent stuff:
http://www.movieheadlines.net/search...uery=&topic=40

Clark Kent 02-08-02 05:13 PM

I know

That the actual Hulk will not be played by anyone but a CGI image. Imagine Jar Jar Binks but big and green. hehehe
SUpes

spudracer 02-08-02 06:06 PM

They will be taking Eric Bana's body and using it as a reference to the Hulk's CG form.

The Silver Bullet 02-08-02 06:29 PM

Still this doesn't interest me.

;)

spudracer 02-08-02 06:33 PM

It doesn't have the magnitude of interest Spider-Man does to me right now.

When I know more about it, I'll be interested in it more. I'm just happy they're even considering releasing The Hulk, and the fact that Ang Lee has signed on to direct is even better..

Clark Kent 02-08-02 06:33 PM

i just heard

that in the movie they are creating a horde of she-hulks that will be played by 25 playboy playmates all running around naked with only green body paint. Is it any more interesting now? Scenes should envolve several slow motion jogging scenes! lol
Supes

spudracer 02-08-02 06:35 PM

This isn't Debbie Does Dagreen...:laugh:

Clark Kent 02-08-02 06:36 PM

hey!

I am just trying to create some interest here lol. Its late in the day and I am still stuck at work lol! Doesnt mean I am working BUT I am here none the less lol
Supes

spudracer 02-08-02 06:38 PM

Ok ok...You outta resort to The Shoutbox, if you want to unwind...so to speak..

The Silver Bullet 02-08-02 07:05 PM

The Shoutbox

A tropical island paradise in which one can talk rubbish. Rubbish, rubbish, rubbish, yet it smells nice and is relaxing and welcoming. There's always a party on, and everyone's invited, so please use the shoutbox for all your talking crap needs, whether it be macots, movies, pastry deserts or Travis the Fly, please feel free to come on in, and shout.

The Shoutbox.
Isn't it about, time?

this message was written an authorised by "matt is being an idiot, inc." copyright 2002 (c) all rights reserved. for matt.

Marcellus 02-08-02 08:05 PM

Eat Drink Man Woman was better than Crouching Tiger.

spudracer 02-08-02 08:08 PM

Originally posted by The Silver Bullet
this message was written an authorised by "matt is being an idiot, inc." copyright 2002 (c) all rights reserved. for matt.
Even spelled authorized wrong. :laugh: Tis very funny..

You made The Shoutbox sound like a tropical island paradise in which one can talk rubbish. Rubbish, rubbish, rubbish, yet it smells nice and is relaxing and welcoming. There's always a party on, and everyone's invited, so please use the shoutbox for all your talking crap needs, whether it be macots, movies, pastry deserts or Travis the Fly, please feel free to come on in, and shout.

:laugh: Bravo!! We definitely need a clapping smilie :yup:

The Silver Bullet 02-08-02 10:42 PM

I don't think you realiSe how we spell in Australia.
I am not authoriSed to say why we use S's instead of Z's in such words.

spudracer 02-08-02 10:48 PM

I see...:rolleyes:

:laugh:

The Silver Bullet 02-08-02 10:57 PM

My God the avatar suits....

Karl Childers 02-16-02 04:36 AM

The facts alone that Ang Lee will be directing, and Jennifer Connelly will be starring, make this proposition 10 times more appealing than any Spider Man story.

I just saw Chopper tonight, however, and have to say Bana has some stage presence. The movie was good at best, though.

The Silver Bullet 02-16-02 04:42 AM

He's bloody funny too.

spudracer 02-16-02 06:20 PM

Personally, The Hulk won't match the popularity of Spider-Man, regardless of who is in it, Spider-Man would win no matter what. That is of course, movie-wise.

Monkeypunch 03-01-02 12:54 AM

The Hulk would make a great movie, and I really hope the movie they make IS that great movie. I hope that Bruce Banner says "You wouldn't like me when I'm angry" at least once! That show really rocked. They should also put Wolverine in it, or the Thing, but I'm not holding my breath. I'm such a Marvel Fanboy it even sickens ME!

spudracer 03-01-02 09:49 AM

:laugh:

Well don't look for a lot of Marvel extras in this. I think that they're main goal is to prove that The Hulk can still win audiences over. If you bring in another character from a different comic, well, it tends to make things uneven if you know what I mean.

Yoda 04-23-02 11:51 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here's the logo, allegedly.

spudracer 04-23-02 01:43 PM

I liked the one that had both of his eyes visible in the wording...this only has one.

Sunfrogolin 04-23-02 08:02 PM

That's a horrible logo. I hate it.

sadesdrk 04-23-02 08:18 PM

Yeah. That's ugly. That's all they could come up with? A blood-shot eyeball? Pff.

Yoda 05-02-02 11:01 PM

I like the logo, personally. And better yet, I like the teaser! It's up on the web, peoples. Check it out:

filmfreak 05-03-02 07:33 AM

The teasers pretty cool. They dont give much away but i guess thats the whole point of a teaser trailer.

It will be interesting to see how effective the whole body transformation looks, the eye changing was quite cool. Cant wait for the full trailer!

They're risking the fanboys wrath with that last line of dialogue, ive already read some on AICN!

Yoda 05-03-02 08:07 AM

Forget the fanboys...I'm sick of them. This looks GREAT. One of the best teasers I've ever seen, I'd say. And personally, I thought that last line of his was pure brilliance.

filmfreak 05-03-02 08:37 AM

Oh, I perfectly agree with you. Who wouldnt enjoy running around destroying stuff for no apparent reason? Its got to be fun! The problem with fanboys(or girls;D ) is that they deliberately look for the faults instead of praising the good parts. Who wouldnt want to see the film after this teaser (Awaiting inevitable negative response!)

HULK SMASH!!!

jrs 05-03-02 09:47 AM

Originally posted by TWTCommish
I like the logo.
Me too. Especially that it gives you the fierce angrey "Hulk " look

spudracer 05-03-02 10:04 AM

Go to http://www.hulkmovie.com

I believe they have a different "logo" up, I have to say I like it more, but it's nothing to throw a fit about.

werewolf 05-05-02 06:35 PM

I saw the Hulk teaser trailer along with Spiderman and it has me excited. I can already tell that this one will generate buzz like Spiderman did, maybe more. BRING ON THE HULKSTER!!!

spudracer 05-07-02 03:24 PM

TADA!!

Hulk Teaser in MPG Format it's roughly a 10 mb download

rEdRuM 05-22-02 12:01 PM

I loved the teaser trailer! I used to read a few Hulk comics but I wouldn't exactly call myself a fanboy.

I'm more of a fan of the X-Men. I'm glad that Hollywood is finally green-lighting all these Marvel superhero movies! It's about time!

Monkeypunch 07-01-02 07:34 PM

The Hulk promo is so good, I cannot wait till this is out!

jrs 07-01-02 10:57 PM

TheHULK is coming !!!!! :yup:

darkside 08-06-02 07:37 PM

Because of the success of the X-men and the sequel to follow, next May, Spiderman brought the movie industry to its knees, breaking all kinds of records, in one word it was awsome, with that success, the hulk and many to follow will be successful, with the right story and director, these marvel movies will change, the movie industry, the hulk, dardevil,next year, so with that in mind, I think the Hulk will be awsome, from the teaser alone it looks amazing, oh and by the way I got a first hand look at what the Hulk will look like, BUT I'M NOT TELLING, all I can say, is "HOLY S., you won't belive your eyes.

jrs 09-02-02 02:35 AM

The Hulk Delayed !

According to Corona's Coming Attractions awhile back, this is what has been stated:

When you stop to think about it, it is kind of strange that we haven't seen anything about what the design for Ang Lee's Hulk is going to look like. While comic fans wait and hope for perhaps a glimpse of the green goliath in a second trailer, one of our scoopers says he knows the reason why we haven't seen one shot of the Hulk. If he's telling us the truth, it could be a big problem for the production.

"Want to know why there hasn't been any pictures released of the Hulk? I was buying makeup for a short comedy I'm doing parodying the Hulk when the guy checking out the makeup mentioned his friend is working at ILM on the Hulk. The reason that there hasn't been any pictures released of the Hulk is because they've been through at least seven different drafts of what the Hulk should look like and nobody is happy with any of them. So as a result it looks like the Hulk movie is most likely going to be delayed." :furious: :furious: :furious:

Naisy 09-02-02 02:38 AM

yeah Eric Banner isnt pleased about it at all!!! but thats show business. *shrugs shoulders*

jrs 09-02-02 02:40 AM

It still stinks. :(

Gracie 09-02-02 10:34 AM

It looks goooood!

Monkeypunch 12-19-02 04:00 AM

The Hulk....

1 Attachment(s)
I don't know if anyone else is looking forward to Ang Lee's Hulk movie but heres a pic of the poster, which gives a decent enough pic of what the hulk's gonna look like:

jrs 12-20-02 12:45 AM

Ain't it cool ? There's a massive one hanging when I walk into work. It is outstanding :D .

Caitlyn 12-22-02 02:40 AM

Very cool… :yup:… I can’t wait to see this one… thanks Monkeypunch...

jrs 12-22-02 11:37 PM

Hey Monkeypunch....how'd ya get a pic in your post? I always though pictures had to be links.

Monkeypunch 12-23-02 02:40 AM

It was a link, then I guess Yoda changed it.

Yoda 01-27-03 11:18 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Not bad.

Caitlyn 01-27-03 03:24 PM

Nope… not bad at all… :nope: … thanks Yoda..

jrs 01-27-03 09:36 PM

The Hulk Superbowl TV Spot

theshape82 01-28-03 01:55 AM

in my opinion The Hulk will be bigger then both X-Men and Spiderman
while i love both those movies very very much and prefer those comics to the hulks....lets face it....for those who've seen the previews.....which looks better
the hulk by far

jrs 01-28-03 01:57 AM

Agreed...Much agreed. This looks ten times action filled and packed with excitement. The TV ad during superbowl gave me chills. :eek:

theshape82 01-28-03 02:03 AM

i remember seeing the promo for the first time when i went to see star wars episode 2
i was like jumping up and down and drooling all over the place
i coudn't believe it
i can't wait to see the new preview

jrs 01-28-03 02:12 AM

Originally posted by theshape82
i remember seeing the promo for the first time when i went to see star wars episode 2

You mean the First Hulk teaser appered before Spiderman. :yup:

theshape82 01-28-03 02:13 AM

i think
it was either star wars or spiderman...i can't remember now
hmm
now i'm confused lol

jrs 01-28-03 02:17 AM

The Matrix Reloaded/Revolutions is the big teaser before Star Wars Episode 3: Attack of the Clones

theshape82 01-28-03 02:47 AM

ahh
yes i remember now
thank you for clearing that up :)

jrs 02-08-03 05:55 PM

Click here to watch the new Hulk trailer, that will be before Daredevil on Friday, Feburary 14th.

Enjoy ! :D

flickchic 02-18-03 10:31 PM

Does anyone know the music in the trailer? It's totally cool, but I don't know what it's called or where it's from. Any help would be appriciated.

I think that X2 coming out in May and Hulk in June will have HUGE competition for who's on top. They both look awesome and I can't wait to see them!!

Holden Pike 02-19-03 12:04 AM

Try THIS.

chasm4u 02-23-03 12:48 PM

no more cg

i love comic book movies but what really irritates me? CG!!!!!!!!!!!! i am sick of it, i wanna see more art in film again. i mean tim burtons batman wasnt cg'd I just hate cg. lets go back and improve the old style to todays standereds. This is why I dont even care to see the hulk I sure I will see more cg and less story like all the others. If I want cg I will buy the video game!

jrs 03-07-03 08:58 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Thirsty???

jrs 03-22-03 09:53 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I thought you would like to see these. They are the covers of the Official Hulk movie magazine which will be released around june/july from Titan books in the UK & U.S.

3 in total will be released 2 of them Exclusive to Diamond comics "Previews"

1: Newsstand version (The cover with just the hulk on it)

jrs 03-22-03 09:54 PM

1 Attachment(s)
2: Collectors edition (The cover with Eric Bana on it) Exclusive to Previews only

jrs 03-22-03 10:00 PM

1 Attachment(s)
3: Previews Exclusive cover (Jennifer Connelly on it) Exclusive to Previews only

edgecrusher 03-23-03 06:22 PM

This movie looks awesome!...I think eric will do a great job in the movie and it certainly does look action packed!...the trailer for the movie was great...I especially loved the bit where the hulk throws the tank away holding the barrel...awesome!!

jrs 04-10-03 10:11 PM

1 Attachment(s)
The Hulk Dog Pic 1 :

jrs 04-10-03 10:13 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Pic 2

Yoda 04-10-03 10:17 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Bruce Banner (Eric Bana) in Hulk form towering over Betty Ross (Jennifer Connelly).

Beale the Rippe 04-10-03 10:32 PM

Does anyone know anything more about Nick Noltes part in the movie? Other than being the Hulks father?

Viscuoa 04-11-03 01:24 AM

Re: no more cg

Originally posted by chasm4u
i love comic book movies but what really irritates me? CG!!!!!!!!!!!! i am sick of it, i wanna see more art in film again. i mean tim burtons batman wasnt cg'd I just hate cg. lets go back and improve the old style to todays standereds. This is why I dont even care to see the hulk I sure I will see more cg and less story like all the others. If I want cg I will buy the video game!
I agree. It's getting silly on the big screen. The funny thing is, Tim Burton's "Batman" still stands out as probably the best superhero flick beating out all the CG movies of today. It's more realistic the old way. Although I think CG is cool, I think they should limit it because sometimes it looks well....corny. I got a bit of dose of that from Blade II and even in some parts of Spider Man. As much of a Marvel Comics fan I am, watching the Hulk will not bring a smile to my face if the CG is overdone. I just hope it will be satisfying. From what I'm seeing, it sure does look like it will kick more ass than the original Incredible Hulk flick. I HOPE they make a Ghost Rider movie and make it rated R. Also a remake of Captain America would be nice.

Beale the Rippe 04-11-03 06:44 PM

The CG was good and not overdone in Spiderman if you will recall. If they do it to that degree, I'll be very pleased.

Tuna 04-11-03 11:17 PM

Daredevil did not have much as i recall.

Hmm I bet they picked Bana because it almost sounds like Banner

Beale the Rippe 04-12-03 01:22 PM

They picked him because he was awesome in Black Hawk Down.

ILM is in control kids. No reason to worry.

spark_no1 04-19-03 03:47 PM

spiderman looks better than the hulk the hulk looks corny and I dont like it wen in films guys can lift about 200 tons I also think that u should tell me what cg is the hulk I probaby will go and see but If its a 15 I will go nuts The hulk looks more of a kids film than spiderman spiderman was more civilised:yup:the hulk will just go to far and it just looks like a man hunt I like good vs evil type film

jrs 04-19-03 08:38 PM

I am not really that psyched to seeThe Hulk . I have other films in my head I'd rather see to tell ya the truth.

jrs 04-22-03 12:22 PM

Originally posted by jrs1013
I am not really that psyched to seeThe Hulk . I have other films in my head I'd rather see to tell ya the truth.

True...

But holy crap, check THIS out!!!!

frutkake 04-22-03 12:48 PM

Re: Re: no more cg

Originally posted by Viscuoa
[b] Although I think CG is cool, I think they should limit it because sometimes it looks well....corny. [b]
And Crap.:yup:

Originally posted by chasm4u
lets go back and improve the old style to todays standereds.
The 'old style' ( I assume your talking about Prosthetics, creature effects, etc) has improved over the years, its just that film makers choose not to use the style in their films.
But I would love to see more of the old style used in a wider range of newer films.

jrs 04-25-03 11:53 PM

1 Attachment(s)
more hulk pics

jrs 04-25-03 11:54 PM

1 Attachment(s)

jrs 04-25-03 11:54 PM

1 Attachment(s)

jrs 05-02-03 10:12 AM

Check out the BRAND NEW trailer that will be before X-Men United .

VampirXNT 05-05-03 01:08 AM

Well, I personally have renewed hope in comics turned to movies thanks to X2. I was especially displeased with the fact that the first installation was so skewed... in every which way. If people (writers) who aren't Bryan Singer can pull off something something excellent in text form, then I can only hope that the story/screenplay for the Hulk will be safe in the hands of Ang Lee. Has he made a seriously bad movie yet? Anything that even came close to bombing? Nope. :D

GraphicMD 05-25-03 02:13 AM

check out this puzzle. Its a scene from the Hulk.

Hulk Puzzle

jrs 05-31-03 12:23 AM

1 Attachment(s)
new pics

jrs 05-31-03 12:25 AM

1 Attachment(s)

jrs 05-31-03 12:27 AM

1 Attachment(s)
and

Sexy Celebrity 05-31-03 02:48 AM

That last Hulk looks like the personality of constipated poop.

Viscuoa 06-06-03 06:25 PM

I have one more thing to say about this and that's concerning the characters. I wonder why the names of Bruce Banners' parents aren't Rebecca and Brian instead of David and Edith?? unless there's some other relationships I don't know of? I haven't really followed Hulk comics so I'm not sure. Where is Rick Jones by the way? and they should have had an enemy of Hulk's calibre such as maybe Abomination or something instead of just "Thunderbolt" Ross and Glen Talbot. It's like the main attraction of the movie is Hulk and his destructions only, while movies like Spider Man and Daredevil had superhuman villains in them.

That's about all I have to question before going to the movies to catch this when it comes out in theatres.

Yoda 06-06-03 07:01 PM

I noticed that as well: the flick's just a stage for the big green guy. My money, however, is on that really working. Big time. It's not exactly rare, either, for a superhero to be thought of as a villain at first (or later on) by the people he ultimately protects. That's standard operating procedure in the comic book world.

I think going super-villainless is a good call. It'll keep the movie simple, which will ultimately work to its advantage.