Movie Forums (http://www.movieforums.com/community/index.php)
-   Upcoming Movies & Sequels (http://www.movieforums.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Mission: Impossible – Dead Reckoning Part One (2023) (http://www.movieforums.com/community/showthread.php?t=66164)

xSookieStackhouse 05-23-22 10:52 AM

Mission: Impossible – Dead Reckoning Part One (2023)

heres the teaser trailer , hopefully it will be good like the other ones 😁https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2m1d...amountPictures

Yoda 05-23-22 11:15 AM

Re: Mission: Impossible – Dead Reckoning Part One (2023)

God help me, but I just find this franchise to be so, so enjoyable.

Chypmunk 05-23-22 11:17 AM

Who's the old geezer on the right - he looks kinda reminiscent of someone...?

Yoda 05-23-22 11:20 AM

Ahhh I just watched it. That's a very good trailer. Yeah, it's gonna be good, again. They're all good. That "floor" of quality is probably one of the reasons I like them so much. They'll all be good, they're still thrilling (which is insane, I've seen so many action films it's so rare for me to be genuinely tense watching an action sequence), and even if the film's a little on the meh-side overall, I know there's going to be two incredibly cool set pieces, at minimum.

Can't wait.

Swan 05-23-22 11:22 AM

Originally Posted by Chypmunk (Post 2302625)
That's just Bob Cruise.

Holden Pike 05-23-22 11:24 AM

The John Woo entry is pretty unbearable, and I am glad that after the third entry they got away from using those impossibly perfect masks all the damn time, but overall yes, a very strong series that unlike most things has actually gotten better as it progressed. Should be a fun finale.

Yoda 05-23-22 11:32 AM

Originally Posted by Holden Pike (Post 2302628)
The John Woo entry is pretty unbearable, and I am glad that after the third entry they got away from using those impossibly perfect masks all the damn time, but overall yes, a very strong series that unlike most things has actually gotten better as it progressed. Should be a fun finale.
Yeah, second one is the only one I would say is less than
. And I agree the masks should be used sparingly (Ghost Protocol was, I think, the "right" way to do it). Since the third they've all been kind of similar, but in a good way. Bird did a good job "resetting" things a bit there and McQuarrie's really run with it. Everything from the fourth film onwards is in a sense another franchise, at least stylistically.

Sedai 05-23-22 11:48 AM

Originally Posted by Yoda (Post 2302624)
God help me, but I just find this franchise to be so, so enjoyable.
Pretty much my favorite action franchise atm. What can I say?

:shrug:

MI:II is easily my least-favorite, and the one I rarely return to these days.

Love the run from IV - VI!

Thief 05-23-22 11:55 AM

I agree about the second one. A decent action film, maybe, but a poor M:I film.

Re: the masks, I like how the third one tried to ground the logistics of it during the whole setpiece where they're preparing the PSH one. I thought it was a nice touch to bring it back to something somewhat feasible.

The third one is also my favorite, so there's that as well.

Thief 05-23-22 12:17 PM

I hadn't seen the trailer, but you gotta love all the little callbacks to the previous films, especially the first one... Kittridge? top of a train?

Yoda 05-23-22 12:19 PM

Originally Posted by Thief (Post 2302637)
I hadn't seen the trailer, but you gotta love all the little callbacks to the previous films, especially the first one... Kittridge? top of a train?
Yeah, same. I was half expecting (and still half-expect in the film itself) a "You've never seen me very upset."

Thief 05-23-22 12:25 PM

If McQuarrie can give us at least one dutch angle, I'll be happy :laugh:

ynwtf 05-23-22 12:40 PM

Originally Posted by Chypmunk (Post 2302625)
As I've read it, that's probably Norm Macdonald having just completed his last motion picture cameo. They probably highlighted him in the trailer in respect.

RIP.

John W Constantine 05-23-22 01:01 PM

This thread will self destruct in.....

MovieMeditation 05-23-22 02:48 PM

Fallout was prime action moviemaking. I’ve seen it eight times since it came out. It’s thrilling and entertaining every single time.

I’ve always enjoyed these movies, but as others have said it was around 3 and 4 that it truly turned into something else and found its footing completely. McQuirre has proven to be a master at establishing set pieces and executing action sequences. He knows how to create tempo, balance, rhythm and realism. I’ve said it before, but I could talk about sequences like the Paris sequence in Fallout for hours, only about how the action is setup up and how it works in telling a grander story.

I absolutely cannot wait for the two-parter. It’s gonna be great I’m sure. The teaser is filled with beautiful shots and exciting sequences.

xSookieStackhouse 05-23-22 07:10 PM

Originally Posted by MovieMeditation (Post 2302696)

I absolutely cannot wait for the two-parter. It’s gonna be great I’m sure. The teaser is filled with beautiful shots and exciting sequences.
same here they choose best stops with amazing scenery and beautiful shots of the movie :D

aronisred 05-25-22 12:58 AM

I love that tom cruise is still making movies like its the 90s where he is running around with women half his age.

xSookieStackhouse 05-25-22 04:13 AM

Originally Posted by aronisred (Post 2302988)
I love that tom cruise is still making movies like its the 90s where he is running around with women half his age.
and he hasnt age old yet and always look young in all his movies!

aronisred 05-28-22 10:46 PM

Originally Posted by xSookieStackhouse (Post 2303001)
and he hasnt age old yet and always look young in all his movies!
you should look at his interviews from his latest movie....he doesn't look 40 anymore. He looks older.

xSookieStackhouse 05-28-22 11:18 PM

Originally Posted by aronisred (Post 2303815)
you should look at his interviews from his latest movie....he doesn't look 40 anymore. He looks older.
wait u serious i will check it out