Movie Forums (http://www.movieforums.com/community/index.php)
-   Movie Questions (http://www.movieforums.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Answered: Is the Dekalog series a TV miniseries or a movie series? (http://www.movieforums.com/community/showthread.php?t=63929)

KeyserCorleone 05-13-21 06:56 PM

Is the Dekalog series a TV miniseries or a movie series?

I honestly don't know which.

Malinka 05-13-21 07:14 PM

Re: Is the Dekalog series a TV miniseries or a movie series?

Movie series. Just by an accident im from Poland ;p

KeyserCorleone 05-13-21 09:02 PM

Originally Posted by Malinka (Post 2203926)
Movie series. Just by an accident im from Poland ;p

What kind of accident?

Stirchley 05-14-21 02:22 PM

Originally Posted by KeyserCorleone (Post 2203965)
What kind of accident?
Guessing the person means “coincidentally”.

KeyserCorleone 05-14-21 04:32 PM

I'm still having trouble grasping this. Explain it again, what's the "coincidence?" Is it a TV show or not?

John W Constantine 05-14-21 04:40 PM

I believe it's a film, they released a couple of chapters as standalone films that were longer.

Stirchley 05-14-21 05:37 PM

Originally Posted by KeyserCorleone (Post 2204164)
I'm still having trouble grasping this. Explain it again, what's the "coincidence?" Is it a TV show or not?
The poster was saying he can answer your question since, coincidentally, he is Polish too. Sheesh, didn’t think this was so hard to understand.

Here’s the wiki link to Dekalog. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dekalog?wprov=sfti1

KeyserCorleone 05-14-21 10:28 PM

Originally Posted by Stirchley (Post 2204184)
The poster was saying he can answer your question since, coincidentally, he is Polish too. Sheesh, didn’t think this was so hard to understand.

Here’s the wiki link to Dekalog. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dekalog?wprov=sfti1

"Sheesh" isn't needed. I thought he was talking about the show, so don't go into scold mode.

B: Don't you think I would've checked that already? Different sites said different things, so I came here to get a straight answer. And no offenseto anyone, but I'd prefer the reasoning behind the answer rather than just mentioning if one is Polish.

Malinka 05-15-21 09:41 AM

Originally Posted by KeyserCorleone (Post 2204289)
"Sheesh" isn't needed. I thought he was talking about the show, so don't go into scold mode.

B: Don't you think I would've checked that already? Different sites said different things, so I came here to get a straight answer. And no offenseto anyone, but I'd prefer the reasoning behind the answer rather than just mentioning if one is Polish.
Well, by saying that I am from Poland I wanted to imply the fact that I might know quite a lot about (probably) the most famous movie series in the history of polish cinematography, arguably more than the rest of users here.

Wyldesyde19 05-15-21 12:48 PM

To answer Keyser’s question, from what I have read, it was released at some festivals as one long movie. However, it’s run time concerned the producers and so was released as 10 one hour episodes in TV. It never had a proper US theatrical release. (Not until 2016 anyways).
I can’t recall if it did have a theatrical run in other countries, but I kind of doubt it.
Two of the episodes were later expanded into full length films.

KeyserCorleone 05-15-21 11:08 PM

Originally Posted by Wyldesyde19 (Post 2204375)
To answer Keyser’s question, from what I have read, it was released at some festivals as one long movie. However, it’s run time concerned the producers and so was released as 10 one hour episodes in TV. It never had a proper US theatrical release. (Not until 2016 anyways).
I can’t recall if it did have a theatrical run in other countries, but I kind of doubt it.
Two of the episodes were later expanded into full length films.

So it's a movie that got turned into a tv show. Thanks.

Stirchley 05-17-21 02:42 PM

Originally Posted by KeyserCorleone (Post 2204289)
Funniest thing I’ve read today.

Don't you think I would've checked that already? Different sites said different things, so I came here to get a straight answer. And no offenseto anyone, but I'd prefer the reasoning behind the answer rather than just mentioning if one is Polish.
Haven’t a clue what you checked. I was simply trying to help.

Originally Posted by Malinka (Post 2204346)
Well, by saying that I am from Poland I wanted to imply the fact that I might know quite a lot about (probably) the most famous movie series in the history of polish cinematography, arguably more than the rest of users here.
Exactly.

ScarletLion 05-17-21 02:53 PM

Miniseries.