Movie Forums (http://www.movieforums.com/community/index.php)
-   General Movie Discussion (http://www.movieforums.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies you didn't want to end (http://www.movieforums.com/community/showthread.php?t=58808)

rcleary171 02-10-19 07:05 PM

Movies you didn't want to end

This is a tough category but here is my first pick: "Victor/Victoria". This was such a delightful comedy with Julie Andrews and James Gardner (and it helped that I was part of a great audience) that I was very disappointed when the lights came on.

chawhee 02-10-19 10:55 PM

Re: Movies you didn't want to end

I remember watching The Dark Knight in theaters and hoping the back and forth would go on forever haha I'm usually not a fan of comic book movies either

average joe 02-11-19 12:53 AM

Clue
Murder by Death
Radio Days

For me, they were so much fun. And they don't follow the typical movie structure. The plots of the first two are really just a loose frame for all of the hijinks. And the last is really a collection of loosely related anecdotes.

Abhishek Jain 04-01-19 04:52 AM

I did not want any of the Marvel movies to end. be that Iron Man, Spiderman or Captain Marvel or any other Marvel movie. I just don't want it to end ever.

mata 04-01-19 06:36 AM

Kung fu panda :rolleyes:

Cassiuscasanova 04-01-19 07:28 PM

Avengers infinity war

Ami-Scythe 04-01-19 09:29 PM

Hot Fuzz

Ami-Scythe 04-01-19 09:30 PM

Alita: Battle Angel too in a way because it ended when it got interesting.

Captain Steel 04-01-19 09:40 PM

The Never Ending Story!

(Sorry, that was a bit obvious. Actually I've never seen the movie!) ;)

Gideon58 04-02-19 11:52 AM

Originally Posted by rcleary171 (Post 1989148)
This is a tough category but here is my first pick: "Victor/Victoria". This was such a delightful comedy with Julie Andrews and James Gardner (and it helped that I was part of a great audience) that I was very disappointed when the lights came on.
Didn't realize it until you wrote it, but I didn't want Victor/Victoria to end either...wonderful movie.

Gideon58 04-02-19 11:53 AM

Originally Posted by average joe (Post 1989194)
Clue
Murder by Death
Radio Days

For me, they were so much fun. And they don't follow the typical movie structure. The plots of the first two are really just a loose frame for all of the hijinks. And the last is really a collection of loosely related anecdotes.

Big second to Murder By Death

lenslady 04-02-19 07:44 PM

It is ironic that I often struggle to sit ( or squirm) through too many recent movies( like 3 Billboards or Old Man With a Gun) , wishing they had better momentum. Or believable characters. Or a plot. Or that they were over, about 1/3 the way through -

But with a number of older classics, that may even be twice as long,
I 'd still be happy to stay with these stories and characters for a bit more.

Gone With the Wind

The Sound of Music

Fiddler on the Roof

Sabrina (Harrison Ford version)

Five Easy Pieces

Even though movies like this are full bodied stories with a deft and artistically satisfying conclusion; the story unfolds so well and the characters are so engaging and indelible; I find myself saying... But what happened next?:)

MovieManCin 04-03-19 11:53 AM

2001: A Space Odyssey

This is the greatest film of all time imho. When I first saw it, I was left in a state of stunned
amazement afterwards.

:cool:

Gideon58 04-03-19 11:54 AM

Originally Posted by MovieManCin (Post 2001676)

This is the greatest film of all time imho. When I first saw it, I was left in a state of stunned
amazement afterwards.

Have never understood all the love for this movie...bored me to death.

MovieManCin 04-03-19 08:27 PM

Ironically enough that was the reaction of a lot of people. It seems most folks either loved it (like me) of hated it.

average joe 04-04-19 03:06 AM

After the first half hour or so, Seeking a Friend for the End of the World is pretty good.

Strangefilms9 04-04-19 08:03 AM

Originally Posted by MovieManCin (Post 2001676)

amazement afterwards.

Your right Kubrick Could have made the space walking scene's even longer just messing W you 😉

Citizen Rules 04-04-19 12:14 PM

Originally Posted by average joe (Post 2001944)
After the first half hour or so, Seeking a Friend for the End of the World is pretty good.
That's a movie that when I watched it, I still wanted more. It could have been longer.

MHamiltonVisuals 04-04-19 12:23 PM

Easy, Star Wars Episode 6. I have a star wars addiction and I love every minute of it.

rajaji 04-13-19 01:43 PM

Marvel's Avengers