Movie Forums (http://www.movieforums.com/community/index.php)
-   Intermission: Miscellaneous Chat (http://www.movieforums.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   How important is alcohol to you? (http://www.movieforums.com/community/showthread.php?t=45159)

ashdoc 04-01-16 06:31 PM

How important is alcohol to you?

Two of my country's ( India ) states---Bihar and Kerala---have decided to ban alcohol totally . The prohibition is already in effect in a third state ( Gujarat ) where Gandhi was born because Gandhi was opposed to alcohol .

Which brings me to the question---

I do drink it because my friends drink but would not be affected if prohibition came into effect in the area I live . I can safely say I would be able to live without alcohol .

What about you ?

I know some of my friends' lifestyle would be affected if alcohol was denied to them . Their saturday night fun would be gone .

MovieMeditation 04-01-16 06:42 PM

I don't think someone here would really say that alcohol is straight up important to them (cough, maybe Slob).

BUT personally I don't mind it and I drink it at parties and I enjoy a beer or some wine once in a while. But it's not something I absolutely need in my life. And if a ban come upon the place where I lived, I wouldn't care. I mean, all people would be equal and having fun, not drinking alcohol.

So yeah, I don't care much. :shrug:

SeeingisBelieving 04-01-16 06:44 PM

Originally Posted by ashdoc (Post 1487551)
Two of my country's ( India ) states---Bihar and Kerala---have decided to ban alcohol totally . The prohibition is already in effect in a third state ( Gujarat ) where Gandhi was born because Gandhi was opposed to alcohol .

Which brings me to the question---

I do drink it because my friends drink but would not be affected if prohibition came into effect in the area I live . I can safely say I would be able to live without alcohol .

What about you ?

I know some of my friends' lifestyle would be affected if alcohol was denied to them . Their saturday night fun would be gone .
The things we don't hear about – very interesting to know that.

I pretty much only drink on special occasions so it's not that important to my lifestyle, but I enjoy it and wouldn't want myself or anyone else to do without:).

Mr Minio 04-01-16 06:54 PM

Re: How important is alcohol to you ?

I don't drink.

Derek Vinyard 04-01-16 07:21 PM

Not That Important... I could stop at anytime I want. I like to be drunk with my friends and some girls sometimes it's all fun and at shows it's cool too

Fabulous 04-01-16 07:24 PM

I'm a social drinker, it's not important to me at all.

AboveTheClouds 04-01-16 07:28 PM

I used to drink a lot especially when I was at shows/concerts but I partied myself out and only really have a beer with dinner, after a long/hot day or maybe a few on a special occasion. And even then all I drink is usually Carling or Holsten for beer, and Grey Goose, Crown Royale and Wild Turkey for liquor.

Guaporense 04-01-16 07:34 PM

I think that alcohol is more important for my life than American movies have been but not as important as manga or metal.

AboveTheClouds 04-01-16 07:36 PM

Alcohol and Metal are like best friends, they go hand in hand.

cricket 04-01-16 07:42 PM

I once lived for it but now I wouldn't care at all. I'd just get rich bootlegging.

Citizen Rules 04-01-16 07:46 PM

Originally Posted by Guaporense (Post 1487596)
I think that alcohol is more important for my life than American movies have been but not as important as manga or metal.
I like that answer!

If they tried banning alcohol in the USA again, I would be pissed:mad: Not that I'm into drinking, but it's not the governments business to do tell people they can't have alcohol.

Personally I only drink quality handcraft beer:p I'm a beer snob! But I limit it to 1 beer at a time and I don't mean 1, then another and another! I don't like to get drunk as it always makes me sick. But a 'medium cold' (not ice cold) beer is tasty.

Ashdoc, do those states in India have a high Muslim population? Is that the reason their banning alcohol?

mark f 04-01-16 08:04 PM

Alcohol was very important to me from my mid 20s to my mid 50s. I usually drank a few beers up to a case a day in my late 40s/early 50s. I was able to keep working and nurture my family, but I did get even more obese than I had been most of my life. I had a close drinking buddy too. Well, he lost his job (a good-paying one) during the recent recession and has never gotten another one. He lost his car and place to live. He's now living permanently in a homeless shelter. He hasn't been diagnosed, but I'm sure he has massive memory loss and more than a few mental illnesses. As for me, in 2012 my ***** hit the fan and I had my stroke 42 months ago, undoubtedly caused by my massively beer-centric diet. I cannot function as a normal person and this includes my basic body elimination functions which I need help from my family with most all the time. I no longer need to drink beer, but I usually have a bottle once a week and on holidays. I still try to take care of my family, but now it's only doing all the bill payments on-line and no longer cleaning the house, laundry and dishes, cooking and various other maintenance around the house, which I did even while I was working but drinking so much afterwards. I know I'm not the usual case and this is not meant to scare off anyone, but I'm probably the stupidest person who thinks he's smart, and I'm paying for it now. This may not have been the proper thread to go into this, and I have discussed some of this in the past, but it just seemed pertinent when I read through this thread. Back to the topic.

Miss Vicky 04-02-16 12:04 AM

I drink occasionally. Every now and then I'll pick up something at the store or order a cocktail at a restaurant. I usually don't have more than a couple of drinks in a day (New Year's Eve and Oscar Night aside) and I don't drink every day so if alcohol was banned I wouldn't really care. Though we tried prohibition once before and it didn't exactly work out.

Gatsby 04-02-16 12:15 AM

I used to drink a lot, then became a religious man and decided to stay sober. Now I only drink a few times a year.

ashdoc 04-02-16 12:21 AM

Originally Posted by Citizen Rules (Post 1487610)

Ashdoc, do those states in India have a high Muslim population? Is that the reason their banning alcohol?
no , it's not related to muslim population .

women have been in the forefront of the agitation to ban alcohol , because they suffer domestic violence due to it and some of them have lost husbands due to it . the politicians had made promises to ban alcohol to gain women's votes and after winning elections are implementing the promises .

Pussy Galore 04-02-16 12:26 AM

I don't drink, never did and probably never will. I prefer sports (running, cycling, hockey, tennis, badminton, baseball), cinema, reading (philosophy, litterature, manga) and playing video games to alcool and drugs for entertainment.

As for people who do it because it makes them feel good, puts them in a good state of mind, etc. I understand everyone feels down sometime, I'd say that meditation, reading philosophy and sports is a way more efficient and fruitfull way to deal with yourself.

It's not that I have a moral objection agains't it, just that I don't think it's going to positively affect my life if I start.

The Sci-Fi Slob 04-02-16 12:28 AM

Originally Posted by MovieMeditation (Post 1487560)
I don't think someone here would really say that alcohol is straight up important to them (cough, maybe Slob).
I deeply resent the truth in that remark.

Guaporense 04-02-16 01:20 AM

Originally Posted by AboveTheClouds (Post 1487598)
Alcohol and Metal are like best friends, they go hand in hand.
True that n****!

Guaporense 04-02-16 01:25 AM

Originally Posted by Citizen Rules (Post 1487610)
I like that answer!

If they tried banning alcohol in the USA again, I would be pissed:mad: Not that I'm into drinking, but it's not the governments business to do tell people they can't have alcohol.
F**k yeah! Vote Gary for president!

http://radio.foxnews.com/wp-content/.../GJTwitter.png

Personally I only drink quality handcraft beer:p I'm a beer snob! But I limit it to 1 beer at a time and I don't mean 1, then another and another! I don't like to get drunk as it always makes me sick. But a 'medium cold' (not ice cold) beer is tasty.
Meh, I hate those fancy small scale IPA's and stuff. I like the bland mass produced yellow stuff, like Heineken and Stella. Well, but I always was a mainstream guy.

Guaporense 04-02-16 01:28 AM

Originally Posted by Pussy Galore (Post 1487749)
I don't drink, never did and probably never will. I prefer sports (running, cycling, hockey, tennis, badminton, baseball), cinema, reading (philosophy, litterature, manga) and playing video games to alcool and drugs for entertainment.

As for people who do it because it makes them feel good, puts them in a good state of mind, etc. I understand everyone feels down sometime, I'd say that meditation, reading philosophy and sports is a way more efficient and fruitfull way to deal with yourself.

It's not that I have a moral objection agains't it, just that I don't think it's going to positively affect my life if I start.
Don't worry. A little bit of beer doesn't kill anybody. It's like not drinking coffee or tea and actually one can of beer has almost zero effect on your body. I drink beer mostly for the taste not to get really drunk. For drunk I drink Gin or Vodka.

Overall I actually think that not drinking, like EVER, is quite close minded. To never experience the taste of a good lager beer is something like never tasting chocolate and the health risks of drinking one can of it are zero.

Camo 04-02-16 01:35 AM

Over the last year or two i've kind of went through my wild time, when i get drunk usually once or twice a week (went through a good few benders as well) and when i get drunk i usually get really drunk. Now i only really do so if a friend or girlfriend wants to, truthfully though it does nothing for me now. Kinda like weed which i noticed i was only really smoking because my friends did, haven't smoked it since 2012.

AboveTheClouds 04-02-16 01:41 AM

Originally Posted by Guaporense (Post 1487774)
True that n****!

SEX, DRINKS AND METAL!!!!!!

Camo 04-02-16 01:44 AM

If PG has no interest in alcohol then that's great :up:. Not sure why anyone would try to convince someone that alcohol is a necessity but i think PG's comment probably annoyed you Guap because it made you realize you couldn't tell us how awful and unnecessary it is :D

TheMaster 04-02-16 01:46 AM

I drink when I'm happy and sad. I love it :)

Omnizoa 04-02-16 01:59 AM

Not.

Pussy Galore 04-02-16 02:03 AM

Originally Posted by Guaporense (Post 1487778)
Don't worry. A little bit of beer doesn't kill anybody. It's like not drinking coffee or tea and actually one can of beer has almost zero effect on your body. I drink beer mostly for the taste not to get really drunk. For drunk I drink Gin or Vodka.

Overall I actually think that not drinking, like EVER, is quite close minded. To never experience the taste of a good lager beer is something like never tasting chocolate and the health risks of drinking one can of it are zero.
If I actually liked the taste of it I wouldn't mind driking it occasionally, my comment was more related to drinking regularly then occasionally.

Omnizoa 04-02-16 02:18 AM

Originally Posted by Guaporense
Overall I actually think that not drinking, like EVER, is quite close minded. To never experience the taste of a good lager beer is something like never tasting chocolate
Close-minded you say?

Chocolate and beer is no more arbitrary than haggis and pineapple pizza calzones.

Camo 04-02-16 02:34 AM

Haggis is delicious. Pineapple pizza is awful.

gbgoodies 04-02-16 04:14 AM

I don't drink because I hate the taste of alcohol, so if they ever ban alcohol here, I might not even notice.

Camo 04-02-16 04:17 AM

Or you'll be an old timey prohibition agent.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D9tP9fI2zbE

gbgoodies 04-02-16 04:22 AM

Originally Posted by Camo (Post 1487831)

The sound is off on my computer right now, so I'll have to watch that clip later, but I doubt I'd ever stop the rest of you from drinking. If you guys want to drink, get drunk, and act like idiots, that's your prerogative. Just don't get behind the wheel of a car and kill an innocent bystander.

Camo 04-02-16 04:34 AM

haha. Will do gbg, wasn't aware drink driving was bad apparently.

-KhaN- 04-02-16 05:42 AM

I drink it daily but not in same amounts of course, more at parties, few beers normally. I could live without it, but we would rather develop an illegal way to get it than to remove it totally, it's all about **** the system in my city :D

christine 04-02-16 06:11 AM

I think banning alcohol is a ridiculous idea. We saw what happened during the American Prohibition, the whole industry went underground and fuelled crime. The same will happen in those Indian states. You think the husbands of those abused women will just give up drinking and become lovely upstanding citizens? It's those men that should be stopped from abusing their wives not stopping every other law abiding person enjoying a drink. The politicians should try implementing measures to stop domestic abuse not stooping to garner votes from women. Honestly, sorry it's making me mad! I hate that kind of kneejerk politican guesture.

Mr Minio 04-02-16 07:07 AM

Originally Posted by AboveTheClouds (Post 1487782)
SEX, DRINKS AND METAL!!!!!!
AND UNDERAGED ANIME GIRLS. DON'T FORGET ABOUT LOLIS!

Omnizoa 04-02-16 11:25 AM

Originally Posted by Camo
Haggis is delicious. Pineapple pizza is awful.
They're both awful. Just like beer and chocolate is awful.

Pineapple pizza is awful.
CALZONE. Pineapple Pizza CALZONE.

Originally Posted by christine
I think banning alcohol is a ridiculous idea. We saw what happened during the American Prohibition, the whole industry went underground and fuelled crime.
I always hear this excuse and it always baffles me (just as the +7 rep baffles me).

Does it not say something about the product being banned itself that people were so desperate to keep it around that they went to extremes to keep producing it? Would we have had such an uproar over banning some incidental consumable that wasn't addictive?

I'm not sure how a ban can be blamed for crimes it isn't criminalizing.

Sure, if you ban alcohol that makes criminals of all alcohol dealers, but when those dealers go and buy guns and people wind up dead because their business has gone underground, I wouldn't blame that on the ban, I'd blame that on the idiots that think alcohol is so friggen' important it's worth shooting someone over, and I'd question whether that dangerous behavior can be blamed on the drug they're trafficking.

Yoda 04-02-16 11:32 AM

I agree with all of this:

Originally Posted by Pussy Galore (Post 1487749)

I guess I would like to make myself drink a little more just so I a) have the option in social situations without getting tipsy so easily and b) have the option if I need to relax before bed, or something. I hear it's good for that. That's the main reason I'm considering forcing myself to drink a bit semi-regularly. But I will, in fact, have to force myself, because I find it pretty hard to enjoy.

Omnizoa 04-02-16 11:38 AM

Originally Posted by Yoda (Post 1487889)
I guess I would like to make myself drink a little more just so have the option if I need to relax before bed, or something. I hear it's good for that.
I suggest Pumpkin Spice Soymilk.

Yoda 04-02-16 11:40 AM

Is it technically possible to buy that without wearing a scarf/shopping at Whole Foods? Because if so, I'm in.

Omnizoa 04-02-16 11:47 AM

Originally Posted by Yoda (Post 1487894)
Is it technically possible to buy that without wearing a scarf/shopping at Whole Foods? Because if so, I'm in.
Oh yeah, no, I don't wear scarves, just lots of belts.

Citizen Rules 04-02-16 01:47 PM

Originally Posted by christine: I think banning alcohol is a ridiculous idea. We saw what happened during the American Prohibition, the whole industry went underground and fuelled crime.

Originally Posted by Omnizoa (Post 1487886)
...I always hear this excuse and it always baffles me (just as the +7 rep baffles me)...
Make that 9 reps for Christine, I just gave her a rep too:D

You know what baffles me? Short-sightedness...people are willing to give up other people's rights, just because it doesn't personally effect them. How wrong is that?

So, some of you don't care if alcohol is banned because you don't drink... Well then, I don't own a mobile or smart phone...so how about we ban those as it won't effect me?

Now you get it, don't you.

gbgoodies 04-02-16 01:59 PM

Originally Posted by Citizen Rules (Post 1487936)
Make that 9 reps for Christine, I just gave her a rep too:D

You know what baffles me? Short-sightedness...people are willing to give up other people's rights, just because it doesn't personally effect them. How wrong is that?

So, some of you don't care if alcohol is banned because you don't drink... Well then, I don't own a mobile or smart phone...so how about we ban those as it won't effect me?

YES!!! Can we ban mobile phones? Too many people walk around attached to their phones. They're so busy looking at their phones that they bump into people while walking. The idiots who use their cell phones while driving are even worse. :mad:

matt72582 04-02-16 02:29 PM

Originally Posted by gbgoodies (Post 1487939)
YES!!! Can we ban mobile phones? Too many people walk around attached to their phones. They're so busy looking at their phones that they bump into people while walking. The idiots who use their cell phones while driving are even worse. :mad:
I drive every single day, and I am forced to honk my horn to get the attention of the idiot in front of me using their phone at a light. Sometimes I'll look in the rear view mirror - same thing.

An old couple was killed up north recently from a guy texting..

In SF, I saw a guy run right into a wall while playing with his little toy. I have to admit, he had it coming :)

As for alcohol, our poll shows 21 out of 24 either don't drink, or don't think it's important. Instead of just banning alcohol, maybe ban drinking outside of the home? People here drive to the bar, drink, and drive back. They know the laws, but they do it anyway, and I've lost too many classmates from drinking and driving, and now you add texting/phoning and it's a bad combination.

christine 04-02-16 02:37 PM

Originally Posted by Omnizoa (Post 1487886)

I always hear this excuse and it always baffles me (just as the +7 rep baffles me).

Does it not say something about the product being banned itself that people were so desperate to keep it around that they went to extremes to keep producing it? Would we have had such an uproar over banning some incidental consumable that wasn't addictive?

I'm not sure how a ban can be blamed for crimes it isn't criminalizing.

Sure, if you ban alcohol that makes criminals of all alcohol dealers, but when those dealers go and buy guns and people wind up dead because their business has gone underground, I wouldn't blame that on the ban, I'd blame that on the idiots that think alcohol is so friggen' important it's worth shooting someone over, and I'd question whether that dangerous behavior can be blamed on the drug they're trafficking.
Ok I get you don't drink, but criminalising alcohol takes away that choice that people who enjoy a social drink can make. Criminals will take any opportunity where they can see money is to be made. Criminalising alcohol is a removal of a liberty to drink. Removing alcohol from the population of those states in India will not remove abuse against woman. I think even Ashdoc will agree that violence against women, physical, sexual and psychological is endemic in a lot of Indian states, and it's a change of outlook in society that's needed and education not the removal of choice.

Swan 04-02-16 02:38 PM

Alcohol shmalcohol.

christine 04-02-16 02:48 PM

Originally Posted by matt72582 (Post 1487954)
I drive every single day, and I am forced to honk my horn to get the attention of the idiot in front of me using their phone at a light. Sometimes I'll look in the rear view mirror - same thing.

An old couple was killed up north recently from a guy texting..

In SF, I saw a guy run right into a wall while playing with his little toy. I have to admit, he had it coming :)

As for alcohol, our poll shows 21 out of 24 either don't drink, or don't think it's important. Instead of just banning alcohol, maybe ban drinking outside of the home? People here drive to the bar, drink, and drive back. They know the laws, but they do it anyway, and I've lost too many classmates from drinking and driving, and now you add texting/phoning and it's a bad combination.
I'm just not getting something here. Why all the banning talk? I thought you guys were from the land of freedom!
Ban drinking outside of the home? what and make a whole licensed trade industry die along with all the jobs? Close all the bars where people have a good time, where lonely people can meet, where bands play, where you can play games? come on! drinking and driving is illegal. Make the blood alcohol limit zero and apply it extremely stringently. I think people sometimes think they are immune to alcohol, so think they can have one, and then maybe another one and then drive. Make it zero then there's no grey area to ponder upon.

ashdoc 04-02-16 03:05 PM

Originally Posted by christine (Post 1487958)
I think even Ashdoc will agree that violence against women, physical, sexual and psychological is endemic in a lot of Indian states, and it's a change of outlook in society that's needed and education not the removal of choice.
i agree . but i hope you realise that every third world country has this problem . not just india . but india's problems receive excessive coverage because of it's free press and television channels , and it is probably the only third world country which allows such open scrutiny of its society by the media because it is a rare third world country which is a real democracy . other third world countries simply get a better image by hiding their problems because they are not democracies and do not have a free media/press and do not allow such open scrutiny of their society .

SilentVamp 04-02-16 03:51 PM

Originally Posted by Camo (Post 1487831)

I still say that this guy deserved an Emmy for this small performance. One of the best characters that they had.

Originally Posted by christine (Post 1487856)
I think banning alcohol is a ridiculous idea. We saw what happened during the American Prohibition, the whole industry went underground and fuelled crime.
You got to that point before I could. :D I live in a place, that is also near another place, that was really affected by the whole Prohibition thing. I fully understand why this shouldn't be made illegal.

Originally Posted by Citizen Rules (Post 1487936)
This could be applied to so many different issues. But I won't go into any of them as this thread isn't about all of that. But I like that you said it. :)

Truth be told, I don't drink. I think the taste of alcohol is vile. :sick: I don't understand the enjoyment in drinking. I don't like people when they are really drunk. But just because I am not a "drinker", and I don't care for some aspects of it, I am not going to stop others from doing it. I really don't care what other people do with their lives. I really don't.

Camo 04-02-16 03:58 PM

CALZONE. Pineapple Pizza CALZONE.
... is awful. Haggis is great though, Haggis Pizza is even better.

Camo 04-02-16 04:00 PM

I still say that this guy deserved an Emmy for this small performance. One of the best characters that they had.
Couldn't agree more, The Library is one of my favourite episodes because of him. I read that during Jerry's scenes with him he was genuinely cracking up and they just decided to leave some of it in you can definitely tell.

christine 04-02-16 04:02 PM

Originally Posted by ashdoc (Post 1487982)
i agree . but i hope you realise that every third world country has this problem . not just india . but india's problems receive excessive coverage because of it's free press and television channels , and it is probably the only third world country which allows such open scrutiny of its society by the media because it is a rare third world country which is a real democracy . other third world countries simply get a better image by hiding their problems because they are not democracies and do not have a free media/press and do not allow such open scrutiny of their society .
Yes Ashdoc, I do realise that. I only talked about India because this was your subject. Violence against women is endemic (and accepted) in many societies. You only have to look at Saudi Arabia of which we know very little as their society is closed to outside scrutiny.

christine 04-02-16 04:16 PM

At the risk of sounding like a lush amongst all you non drinkers, I like to have a drink :D. I love a good night down at the pub, it's the kind of culture I was brought up in and all the previous generations of my family too. The pub is where your mates are, where you go to chat and meet up. It's where my hubbie meets his old cronies to do the cryptic crossword on a Tuesday night over a beer - a group of old blokes, some of whom live on their own so like the company.

I also like a glass of wine on a Friday and Saturday night in front of the telly, or a few beers when we go down the community centre. I work in a Licensed Trade industry, have done most of my working life so I know what heavy drinking can do to someone, but I also know the benefits the social side of the Licensed Trade can have.

Cheers! ;)

Chypmunk 04-02-16 04:26 PM

Originally Posted by christine (Post 1488013)
At the risk of sounding like a lush amongst all you non drinkers, I like to have a drink :D. I love a good night down at the pub, it's the kind of culture I was brought up in and all the previous generations of my family too. The pub is where your mates are, where you go to chat and meet up. It's where my hubbie meets his old cronies to do the cryptic crossword on a Tuesday night over a beer - a group of old blokes, some of whom live on their own so like the company.

I also like a glass of wine on a Friday and Saturday night in front of the telly, or a few beers when we go down the community centre. I work in a Licensed Trade industry, have done most of my working life so I know what heavy drinking can do to someone, but I also know the benefits the social side of the Licensed Trade can have.

Cheers! ;)
Calm down love, calm down ;)

My name is Chyp and I'm not averse to a sociable pint every once in a while even though I don't drink that often anymore.

Omnizoa 04-02-16 04:32 PM

Originally Posted by Citizen Rules
You're right, lawmakers don't have any personal stakes in outlawing something like rape just because they don't like to do it.

Whether it affects me or not was beside the point. The argument was the rise in crime in connection with prohibition.

No.

Originally Posted by matt72582
As for alcohol, our poll shows 21 out of 24 either don't drink, or don't think it's important. Instead of just banning alcohol, maybe ban drinking outside of the home?
That's an interesting idea.

Ok I get you don't drink, but criminalising alcohol takes away that choice that people who enjoy a social drink can make.
That's an appeal to liberty. I think it's a pretty fair assumption that there are choices you don't think people should be allowed to make, such as the choice to set your lawn on fire. The question is then: where do you draw the line?

Removing alcohol from the population of those states in India will not remove abuse against woman. I think even Ashdoc will agree that violence against women, physical, sexual and psychological is endemic in a lot of Indian states, and it's a change of outlook in society that's needed and education not the removal of choice.
O_o ...I'm not sure where abuse of women comes in or how it is in any way rational to blame alcohol for it.

I'm just not getting something here. Why all the banning talk? I thought you guys were from the land of freedom!
Are you talkin' about the USA? PPPPPBBBBBBBBTTTTTTT

The sidewalks were picked of all their gold years ago.

Ban drinking outside of the home? what and make a whole licensed trade industry die along with all the jobs?
Ban cocaine? But the poor cocaine dealers!

Close all the bars where people have a good time, where lonely people can meet,
Funny how "meeting in a bar" is somehow more socially acceptable than "meeting online".

Make the blood alcohol limit zero and apply it extremely stringently. I think people sometimes think they are immune to alcohol, so think they can have one, and then maybe another one and then drive. Make it zero then there's no grey area to ponder upon.
I'm really not sure why there's any leniency.

Originally Posted by SilentVamp
This could be applied to so many different issues.
Which is exactly why it's fallible.

... is awful. Haggis is great though, Haggis Pizza is even better.
You know, just because you're Scottish doesn't mean...

Camo 04-02-16 04:37 PM

You know, just because you're Scottish doesn't mean...
Weirdly i actually know quite a few people who haven't tried it, and i didn't try it until i was about 16. Obviously when you hear what it is it sounds horrible but i like it, i like Black Pudding too ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Have you tried it?

Omnizoa 04-02-16 04:51 PM

Originally Posted by Camo (Post 1488023)
Have you tried it?
If it wasn't already obvious, I'm vegan. I haven't eaten any meat products since I was in daycare.

Camo 04-02-16 05:04 PM

Fair enough. I don't even blame meat eaters for not trying it because it does sound disgusting. Still, i've notice that most people who say it is bad haven't actually tried it, everyone i know who has likes it.

Omnizoa 04-02-16 05:11 PM

Originally Posted by Camo (Post 1488033)
Fair enough. I don't even blame meat eaters for not trying it because it does sound disgusting. Still, i've notice that most people who say it is bad haven't actually tried it, everyone i know who has likes it.
I find you don't need to try things to judge them in ways that aren't entirely dependent on trying them.

I can't say whether haggis would taste good or bad, but just like alcohol I know it's not something I'll appreciate discovering.

christine 04-02-16 06:22 PM

Well I'm not going to pick up on all your sarcastic comments Omnizoa, I've been working all day and I really can't be arsed but in answer to your:

O_o ...I'm not sure where abuse of women comes in or how it is in any way rational to blame alcohol for it.

Ashdoc clarified his original reasoning for asking by saying:

women have been in the forefront of the agitation to ban alcohol , because they suffer domestic violence due to it and some of them have lost husbands due to it . the politicians had made promises to ban alcohol to gain women's votes and after winning elections are implementing the promises .

And for the record I reserve the right to set my own lawn on fire, it could do with something happening to it anyway as it's looking a bit manky. Also I don't think it's any more or less socially acceptable to meet online or in a bar, I think we've all gone past that one surely.

Miss Vicky 04-02-16 06:40 PM

Originally Posted by Camo (Post 1488023)
Have you tried it?
Real Haggis is illegal in the U.S.

Also, pineapple pizza is delicious.

Camo 04-02-16 06:52 PM

Originally Posted by Miss Vicky (Post 1488202)
Real Haggis is illegal in the U.S.

Also, pineapple pizza is delicious.
Yeah i forgot about that, read that Irn Bru is too or that may have been Canada.

And no it's not ;)

neiba 04-02-16 07:14 PM

Who the hell puts fruit on a pizza???

And I rarely drink, when I do, it's a Mojito! It's probably the only alcoholic drink I like...
Last week, I had a dinner with friends and when I was returning home, at 3 am I was stopped by the police. They asked me to do the alcohol test and I said I'd do it but it'd be useless cause I hadn't had anything to drink. I had 0,00 of alcohol in my blood, of course, and when I told him I was 24 he looked to me with a really confused face... I actually felt bad for not drinking before driving...
And that's the story of my life.

Miss Vicky 04-02-16 07:56 PM

Originally Posted by neiba (Post 1488247)
Technically tomatoes and peppers are fruits, so... pretty much everyone?

As I said, pineapple pizza is delicious.

Mr Minio 04-02-16 07:58 PM

Originally Posted by Miss Vicky (Post 1488256)
Technically tomatoes and peppers are fruits, so... pretty much everyone?
The last time I checked these were vegetables.

Camo 04-02-16 08:03 PM

You didn't check very well then because both of them are fruits.

cricket 04-02-16 08:05 PM

I changed my mind, I'm going to start drinking again. HEAVY!

Guaporense 04-02-16 08:51 PM

Originally Posted by neiba (Post 1488247)

And I rarely drink, when I do, it's a Mojito! It's probably the only alcoholic drink I like...
Last week, I had a dinner with friends and when I was returning home, at 3 am I was stopped by the police. They asked me to do the alcohol test and I said I'd do it but it'd be useless cause I hadn't had anything to drink. I had 0,00 of alcohol in my blood, of course, and when I told him I was 24 he looked to me with a really confused face... I actually felt bad for not drinking before driving...
And that's the story of my life.
You are wasting your 20's being sober!!

The Sci-Fi Slob 04-02-16 08:56 PM

Originally Posted by Miss Vicky (Post 1488256)
As I said, pineapple pizza is delicious.
I like Hawaiian pizza. The mix of smokey ham and pineapple is a winner.:up:

matt72582 04-02-16 09:06 PM

According to the polls, 28 out of 31 either don't drink, or it's not that important to them.

I have notice people getting rid of the alcohol for "medical" marihuana. It's funny older people I know who had misconceptions and now have a better life because of it.

Gatsby 04-02-16 09:08 PM

Pineapple pizza is great because it adds another level of flavor: sweetness. It perfectly complements the saltiness of the toppings and the savory dough. The soft texture is a bonus. Also, having more flavors helps you satisfy your craving for food faster. It's why hogging down an entire bowl of ice cream (nothing but sweetness on there) is very easy.

matt72582 04-02-16 09:13 PM

Originally Posted by Gatsby (Post 1488344)
Pineapple pizza is great because it adds another level of flavor: sweetness. It perfectly complements the saltiness of the toppings and the savory dough. The soft texture is a bonus. Also, having more flavors helps you satisfy your craving for food faster. It's why hogging down an entire bowl of ice cream (nothing but sweetness on there) is very easy.
I never thought I'd like it, but a group of people ordered it at a party, and I didn't wanna be picky, and it wasn't bad! Personally, I love pepperoni and cheese, and then later for dessert I could eat a pineapple.

Gatsby 04-02-16 09:15 PM

There should be a thread dedicated to pineapple pizza.

Zotis 04-02-16 09:20 PM

I can't live without alcohol. If I stopped drinking the LCBO near my house would go out of business. If there was a prohibition in Canada, I'd shoot myself.

Citizen Rules 04-02-16 09:33 PM

Hawaiian style pizza, pineapple and Canadian Bacon (which is actually ham) was good. I say was because some years ago the pineapple growers starting growing overly sweet and insipid pineapple. The original pineapple was sweet and highly acidic and that made for a good balance pizza, good for fresh eating too. Today's pineapple can't compare, it's sweet, watery and no acid. Oh and I'm going to have a nice cold beer soon, a dark porter with spruce...I brewed it myself:p

Zotis 04-02-16 09:51 PM

Pineapple on pizza? You people should be shot.

http://www.ls1gto.com/forums/images/smilies/barf.gif

Miss Vicky 04-02-16 09:54 PM

Originally Posted by Zotis (Post 1488370)

Have you ever had it?

Camo 04-02-16 10:00 PM

Originally Posted by Zotis (Post 1488370)

You tell them Zotis. Can't believe how many fans there are here. Also i like how much the topic has shifted.

Zotis 04-02-16 10:00 PM

Originally Posted by Miss Vicky (Post 1488372)
Have you ever had it?
Yup

Zotis 04-02-16 10:00 PM

Originally Posted by Camo (Post 1488373)
You tell them Zotis. Can't believe how many fans there are here. Also i like how much the topic has shifted.
I tried to bring it back but... #ignored.

Miss Vicky 04-02-16 10:01 PM

Well I guess you're just crazy then.

This thread's making me hungry. I really want some Hawaiian pizza now.

Zotis 04-02-16 10:09 PM

Originally Posted by Miss Vicky (Post 1488376)
Well I guess you're just crazy then.

This thread's making me hungry. I really want some Hawaiian pizza now.
Everyone knows you don't mix sweet with savoury.

:sick:

Zotis 04-02-16 10:09 PM

Also... How can anyone even eat Pizza without beer?

John McClane 04-02-16 10:19 PM

Thou shalt not put pineapple on pizza.

Zotis 04-02-16 10:21 PM

For Pizza I like pepperoni and random vegetables like onions, green pepper, mushrooms, broccoli, tomatoes... Double pepperoni and double cheese is really good too.

Camo 04-02-16 10:28 PM

Love broccoli on pizza.

Zotis 04-02-16 10:29 PM

I'm not a huge fan of Chicken, Sausage, or Bacon on Pizza. I'll eat it if it's free and my friends are ordering it, but my choice of meat on Pizza is only pepperoni.

I heard that if you ask for a pepperoni pizza in Italy they give you a plain pizza and hand you some peppers and tell you to get out.

Camo 04-02-16 10:31 PM

Louis Lunch the place that claimed to have invented the hamburger kick you out if you ask for ketchup :laugh:

CiCi 04-02-16 10:33 PM

I don't even like any form of pizza :lol:

As for alcohol, long island iced tea is my life. As is sex on the beach, as is malibu with coke and Smirnoff ice is delightful!

Gatsby 04-02-16 10:34 PM

https://i.imgflip.com/11v5wu.jpgvia Imgflip Meme Maker

CiCi 04-02-16 10:35 PM

Let's catch up with the MoFos about their reaction to the verdict!

Camo 04-02-16 10:40 PM

It was for the best. So how bout them anchovies on pizza?

Miss Vicky 04-02-16 10:42 PM

Originally Posted by Zotis (Post 1488380)
Everyone knows you don't mix sweet with savoury.

:sick:
Considering that pineapple is available at most American pizza places, I'd say this isn't true.

Originally Posted by Zotis (Post 1488381)
Also... How can anyone even eat Pizza without beer?
I don't drink beer. :shrug:

Unless it's Not Your Father's Root Beer, which is beer that is flavored like root beer.
Otherwise no.

Camo 04-02-16 10:44 PM

Must admit Pineapples are better than an egg on a pizza which i've seen before :sick:

Citizen Rules 04-02-16 10:54 PM

Originally Posted by Miss Vicky (Post 1488396)
I don't drink beer. :shrug:

Unless it's Not Your Father's Root Beer, which is beer that is flavored like root beer.
Otherwise no.
I just had Not Your Father's Root Beer for the first time a couple of weeks ago. It was like a really sweet, root beer. If you don't like beer, try Wild Blue, I willing to bet you will like it. It does not taste like beer at all. It taste like an really amazing blueberry flavored fruit drink,

Miss Vicky 04-02-16 11:20 PM

I don't know if I've seen Wild Blue anywhere around here. I'll keep an eye out for it.

Zotis 04-02-16 11:27 PM

Originally Posted by Camo (Post 1488390)
Louis Lunch the place that claimed to have invented the hamburger kick you out if you ask for ketchup :laugh:
New topic: Hamburgers

I never eat ketchup on hamburgers. There's already tomato on it, so why add food coloring and sugar? I don't even have ketchup in my house. I put mayonnaise on my French fries.

cricket 04-02-16 11:33 PM

For Burgers, if it's a regular place, I'll get ketchup, mustard, tomatoes, and onions. If it's a place with a good variety of toppings, I like A1 Steak Sauce and jalapeños. I also like them with chili.

Miss Vicky 04-02-16 11:36 PM

I'll eat ketchup on burgers if they come with ketchup on them already. Otherwise I put barbecue sauce on them.

But fries must have ketchup. Or chili and cheese.

Unless I'm at Fudruckers. Then I put queso on EVERYTHING.

cricket 04-02-16 11:41 PM

Originally Posted by Miss Vicky (Post 1488412)
I'll eat ketchup on burgers if they come with ketchup on them already. Otherwise I put barbecue sauce on them.

But fries must have ketchup. Or chili and cheese.

Unless I'm at Fudruckers. Then I put queso on EVERYTHING.
Wow, they have Fudruckers in Cali? That place is awesome!

Miss Vicky 04-02-16 11:44 PM

Originally Posted by cricket (Post 1488414)
Wow, they have Fudruckers in Cali? That place is awesome!
Yep. Had dinner there with FF just last week actually. Delicious.