Movie Forums (http://www.movieforums.com/community/index.php)
-   Upcoming Movies & Sequels (http://www.movieforums.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Star Wars: The Force Awakens (http://www.movieforums.com/community/showthread.php?t=36093)

jrs 06-17-14 08:53 PM

Star Wars: The Force Awakens

Release Date: December 18, 2015 (3D/2D theaters)
Studio: Walt Disney Pictures, Lucasfilm
Director: J.J. Abrams
Screenwriter: J.J. Abrams, Lawrence Kasdan
Starring: Harrison Ford, Carrie Fisher, Mark Hamill, Anthony Daniels, Peter Mayhew, Kenny Baker, John Boyega, Daisy Ridley, Adam Driver, Oscar Isaac, Andy Serkis, Domhnall Gleeson, Max von Sydow, Lupita Nyong'o, Gwendoline Christie

"Star Wars: Episode VII" will be set 30 years after the events of "Return of the Jedi."

jrs 06-17-14 08:53 PM

One of the major rumored titles of Episode 7 going around at this time.....

http://38.media.tumblr.com/5d16aa87d...7ruo1_1280.pngpng

jrs 06-17-14 11:40 PM

jrs 06-17-14 11:47 PM

Harrison Ford's Injury Could Keep Him Out of "Episode VII" for 8 Weeks

It looks like that ankle injury that Harrison Ford suffered on the set of Star Wars Episode VII may be a little more serious than expected. According to reports from Variety, the injury Harrison Ford sustained on the set of Star Wars Episode VII could bench the actor for up to eight weeks.

Ford was injured after the hydraulic door of the Millennium Falcon reportedly fell and hit him on the “Star Wars” set at Pinewood Studios in England last Thursday, breaking his ankle. The actor was airlifted to hospital shortly thereafter.

According to Harrison's son Ben Ford, via Yahoo, Harrison Ford may require surgery.

Shooting is set to continue and “Episode VII” is expected to stay on schedule for its December 18, 2015 theatrical release.

Source: Variety and Yahoo

jrs 06-23-14 08:22 PM

Star Wars: Episode VII' Could Get Pushed Back to 2016

Harrison Ford's publicist informed CNN that the 71-year old actor actually broke his leg. Initially, it was only thought that Ford would be unable to film for eight weeks. However, it is now said that this injury will keep him off the set for actually six months.

Word on the street is that the film might end up having to be pushed back, and may arrive in May 2016 instead of its original Dec 18, 2015 release date.

Source: FirstShowing via CNN

jrs 06-29-14 05:10 PM

According to MovieWeb, multiple new reports claim that Han Solo will actually be on a mission to find a missing Luke Skywalker, gathering a search party and taking them on a galaxy-wide hunt for the Jedi Master.

Here is a new synopsis that has popped up online, though it hasn't been confirmed by Disney or LucasFilm:

Old smuggler Han Solo takes a group of new characters on a journey across the galaxy to find an old friend who has gone missing.
More plot details have arrived, giving some idea about the B storyline in the movie, which involves John Boyega's character, currently going by Thomas, and Daisy Ridley's character called Rachel. These names are subject to change. Here is what Making Star Wars believes they know about the plot:

We have heard that Thomas starts the film on the side of the villains. Thomas is shot down over Tatooine and he is injured from the crash. The things we heard from Abu Dhabi about a crashed ship is rumored to have been Thomas' fighter. Rachel rescues him from the wreckage and the elements of the sandy planet. Over the course of their "unlikely pairing," Thomas sees the reality of the universe and he defects from the side of the villains and decides to help Rachel for saving his life. However, things are not easy for the character because unlike most of the rebels we've met in the series, none were traitors, they were always on the side of right from the beginning. However, it appears Rachel and Thomas have an innocent flirtation in their first film with hints at romance in the future episodes. I often hear Thomas is a Jedi in the film, but I am beginning to think he might start that journey midway through Star Wars: Episode VII, which is why he has a lightsaber according to many reports.

All of this is to be taking as rumor at this point. So you never know.

Star Wars: Episode VII has been delayed to May 16, 2016. Supposedly.

Source: Movieweb and Making Star Wars

jrs 06-29-14 05:23 PM

Is anyone else excited to see this? Or is it just me?

The Rodent 06-30-14 02:05 AM

Re: Star Wars Episode VII

Sounding good... sounding very good...

Deadite 06-30-14 02:14 AM

I'm feeling faintly optimistic about this.

jrs 07-02-14 11:53 PM

Carrie Fisher's Daughter Joins Star Wars: Episode VI
I

Billie Lourd, the daughter of Carrie Fisher and Creative Artists Agency chairman Bryan Lourd, has joined the cast of Star Wars: Episode VII.

Latino Review's report does not reveal which character she may be playing, but it may be just a cameo appearance.

Star Wars: Episode VII has reportedly been delayed to May 16, 2016.

Source: Latino Review via MovieWeb

Lucas 07-03-14 12:55 AM

Really looking forward to this, I'm sure it will be quite good. Just hope it isn't delayed because of Ford's injury.

jrs 07-03-14 04:26 AM

Originally Posted by Lucas (Post 1116192)
Just hope it isn't delayed because of Ford's injury.
Most likely that's the reason why it would get delayed. They would probably shoot around Harrison's involvement and then when he gets better, shoot his footage. Unless Han Solo will have a broken leg in the story.

doubledenim 07-05-14 09:39 AM

http://metrouk2.files.wordpress.com/..._139562688.jpgStar Wars Episode 7 was an emotional experience for Kevin Smith (Picture: Kevin Smith/Instagram) It’s no secret that filmmaker Kevin Smith is a big fan of Star Wars – something which is made even more obvious by his reaction to visting the Episode 7 set.
The Clerks director was apparently so overwhelmed by his trip behind the scenes of the sci-fi blockbuster – which cranked up production last month – that he was actually in tears when he posted this selfie afterwards.
However he was quick to reassure his followers, saying: ‘Tears of joy – don’t worry’ – but offered no further clues to what he might have seen on his visit.
Star Wars 7, directed by JJ Abrams, has been filming at Pinewood after a stint in Abu Dhabi, with production continuing despite the recent setback of Harrison Ford’s broken leg.

http://metro.co.uk/2014/07/02/clerks...ional-4784386/

The nose drivel has me more convinced than the tear. Your grain of salt, Smith usually only glows about his bts experiences on movie sets.

The Rodent 07-05-14 09:55 AM

If Kevin Smith likes it, it's gonna be good.

doubledenim 07-07-14 06:05 AM

J.J. Abrams is "building a tactile world, a world you can touch. And he's replicating it with all the love of somebody that has the world's greatest collection of Star Wars figures," the "Clerks" director gushed.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/sit...11/smith_a.jpg

Kevin Smith

Despite a blurry, leaked image of the Millennium Falcon, there's been few tangible details released from J.J. Abrams' Star Wars: Episode VII set.
So, on June 30, when Clerks director Kevin Smith posted an Instagram photo teasing that he had visited the set at the U.K.'s Pinewood Studios, Star Wars fans clamored to tease any hint of what Abrams had been planning for George Lucas' universe.
Smith -- a dedicated Star Wars fan who earlier wrote a guest column for The Hollywood Reporter detailing his dream for the new film -- quickly dashed hopes by noting that he had signed a non-disclosure agreement. But he liked what he saw: "all I can share are this old Bantha-Tracks subscriber's tears and snotty nose of joy. The Force is WITH this movie."

The Instagram post left plenty of unanswered questions. And the director has addressed a few of them, speaking at length during an appearance at Neuchâtel International Fantastic Film Festival in Switzerland on Saturday.
"[Abrams] had sent me an email out of the blue while they were shooting in Abu Dhabi last month," Smith said, explaining the Star Wars invite.
"So we go to the set and they're actually shooting, and they're shooting -- and this is what I can't tell you what they were shooting -- But what I saw I absolutely loved," he said. "It was tactile, it wasn't a series of f---ing green and blue screens in which later on digital characters would be added. It was there it was happening."
"I saw uniforms, I saw artillery that I haven't seen since I was a kid. I saw them shooting an actual sequence in a set that is real -- I walked across the set, there were explosions -- and it looked like a shot right out of an f--ing Star Wars movie," he said. Smith also got a tour of "Stage M," where he he saw the full scale Millennium Falcon and stepped inside to walk around.
STORY: 'Star Wars' Adds Two New Cast Members
Abrams is "building a tactile world, a world you can touch. And he's replicating it with all the love of somebody that has the world's greatest collection of Star Wars figures," Smith gushed.
Smith was a guest of honor at the Swiss film festival, which runs from July 4-12. Video of the event is here (NSFW language included), via Slashfilm. The Star Wars discussionbegins after the 35 minute mark.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hea...episode-716843

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is more of the same, but I love hearing about all the practical being used. Hearing this news is making it hard for me to temper my expectations. I will say that it appears Abrams has a genuine love for the material.

The Rodent 07-07-14 08:08 AM

Freerunner, Parkour expert and amateur actor Pip Andersen... and unknown actress Crystal Clarke have been added to the casting sheet.

Looking interesting. Abrams going with unknowns is a good thing... it's in keeping with the original films... and a parkour runner? No doubt a Force Character.

Nausicaä 07-07-14 03:14 PM

WTF is that idiot George Osbourne doing on the Star Wars set next to R2 D2... unless it's some poor soul who unfortunately looks very much like him. :#:#:#:#:#:#:#:#:#:#

Zap him, ZAP him!

jrs 07-07-14 08:18 PM

Well it seems that Star Wars Episode VII will indeed be heading back on its schedule as planned for December 18th, 2015.

Disney has announced that the shooting schedule has been laid out. They will take two weeks off in August to give Ford enough time to recuperate, and NOTHING will stop them from reaching that 2015 release date.

Source: Ain't It Cool

bouncingbrick 07-08-14 08:10 PM

It's being shot in IMAX. I fell in love with the look of the IMAX in a non-documentary form in The Dark Knight so this gets me excited. Unfortunately there's no real IMAX screen here in St. Louis so I'm going to have to plan a road trip. Yes, I'm willing to drive 3-600 miles for this.

http://www.slashfilm.com/star-wars-7-imax-2/

jrs 07-08-14 08:22 PM

Originally Posted by bouncingbrick (Post 1119797)
It's being shot in IMAX. I fell in love with the look of the IMAX in a non-documentary form in The Dark Knight so this gets me excited. Unfortunately there's no real IMAX screen here in St. Louis so I'm going to have to plan a road trip. Yes, I'm willing to drive 3-600 miles for this.

http://www.slashfilm.com/star-wars-7-imax-2/
Shot in Imax is kinda cool, but the whole "converted to 3-D " business is wasteful. All movies converted into that format are simply money making efforts (not that Star Wars isn't). The only way 3-D can and would ever work is if a film is shot strictly in three dimension.

bouncingbrick 07-08-14 08:46 PM

Originally Posted by jrs (Post 1119804)
Shot in Imax is kinda cool, but the whole "converted to 3-D " business is wasteful. All movies converted into that format are simply money making efforts (not that Star Wars isn't). The only way 3-D can and would ever work is if a film is shot strictly in three dimension.
I'll have to clarify, I'll road trip for 2D IMAX. If it's only 3D, forget it.

doubledenim 07-09-14 07:06 PM

agreed. DKR was magnificent in IMAX and worth every cent for the premium. I haven't seen a movie in a Dbox theater yet, but the sound in the IMAX theater rattled the seats.

It is lost on me why there are not more movies shown in IMAX. Its obvious how big a push there is to upsale people, but I can't do it for 3D. Noah is the only movie this year that I can think of shown in IMAX.

Maybe Nolan will share his thoughts on 3D with Abrams.

The Rodent 07-09-14 07:09 PM

I think the problem with IMAX is not just cost... I'm not big on the specs of the IMAX cameras but I heard they're gigantic heavy cumbersome things and make filming a pain to complete.

Harry Lime 07-12-14 01:10 AM

Originally Posted by The Rodent (Post 1117482)
If Kevin Smith likes it, it's gonna be good.
Sound logic.

jrs 07-12-14 02:58 AM

Originally Posted by doubledenim (Post 1120334)

Maybe Nolan will share his thoughts on 3D with Abrams.
Try James Cameron. The only person who knows 3-D

The Rodent 07-21-14 11:08 AM

WARNING: "star wars 7 plot" spoilers below

JJ Abrams' movie focuses on the hunt for Luke Skywalker after an opening scene in which the ageing Jedi Knight's severed hand, complete with lightsaber, tumbles through space and is found on a desert planet by two young adventurers. The pair, played by Britain's Daisy Ridley and John Boyega, recognise the weapon as a Jedi weapon and set out to return it to its rightful owner.
According to the site: "Their quest takes them off world, and they meet up with Han Solo and Chewbacca, who aren't flying around in the Millennium Falcon anymore … Han and Chewie recognise the lightsaber as Luke's, and they say they haven't seen their friend in thirty years, since the events of Return of the Jedi.
"So begins a quest to find the missing Jedi Master. Meanwhile, on an ice planet, nefarious forces are building a super weapon, one capable of destroying not planets but entire solar systems … "

Source: Badass Digest

Cobpyth 07-21-14 04:11 PM

I'm not sure whether I like the fact that the main characters of the original trilogy are also going to be the main characters in this one or not...

jrs 07-21-14 11:32 PM

Originally Posted by Cobpyth (Post 1129169)
I'm not sure whether I like the fact that the main characters of the original trilogy are also going to be the main characters in this one or not...
The main characters from the original aren't the main characters as a whole in Episode VII.

Originally Posted by The Rodent (Post 1128993)
WARNING: "star wars 7 plot" spoilers below

JJ Abrams' movie focuses on the hunt for Luke Skywalker after an opening scene in which the ageing Jedi Knight's severed hand, complete with lightsaber, tumbles through space and is found on a desert planet by two young adventurers. The pair, played by Britain's Daisy Ridley and John Boyega, recognise the weapon as a Jedi weapon and set out to return it to its rightful owner.
According to the site: "Their quest takes them off world, and they meet up with Han Solo and Chewbacca, who aren't flying around in the Millennium Falcon anymore … Han and Chewie recognise the lightsaber as Luke's, and they say they haven't seen their friend in thirty years, since the events of Return of the Jedi.
"So begins a quest to find the missing Jedi Master. Meanwhile, on an ice planet, nefarious forces are building a super weapon, one capable of destroying not planets but entire solar systems … "

Source: Badass Digest
The whole idea where...

WARNING: "Star Wars Episode 7" spoilers below
Luke's hand tumbling through space

He lost his hand on Bespin in Cloud City. So how would it..

WARNING: "Star Wars Episode 7" spoilers below
...gain altitude, make it into space and then land on another inhabited planet?

If his "hand" is robotic, let alone even if it's able to get there after all those years, wouldn't it burn up in the planet's atmosphere by the time it lands and become dust? To me the whole thing sounds ridiculous.

doubledenim 07-22-14 04:00 AM

this sounds fishy to me, seems too much like "A New Hope", except with a hand instead of the droid

jrs 07-22-14 05:07 AM

Originally Posted by doubledenim (Post 1129753)
this sounds fishy to me, seems too much like "A New Hope", except with a hand instead of the droid
Like I said, ridiculous lol

jrs 07-22-14 07:20 PM

JJ Abrams released a first look at the new X-Wing Fighter from the set of Star Wars Episode VII :)

Sleezy 07-22-14 08:11 PM

Awesome.

Xsisted 07-23-14 12:43 PM

He also said there will be less CGI then any other movie! this will be an awesome movie and just the way i like it :) with less CGI.

gandalf26 08-14-14 12:53 PM

Love this picture.

http://oyster.ignimgs.com/mediawiki/...68px-Mark1.jpg

-KhaN- 08-15-14 04:33 AM

It is not 100% but I think we have our new Stormtroopers.They are great,same but again different,you know,little things change in years.I can't w8 to see more of this,I hope they can pull it off.Also...I want to see a great Sith Lord this time!Darth Maul was great but they killed him after 2 ****ing words... :)
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BvC2pk_CYAAsrHF.jpg:large

https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.n...47408237_n.jpg

Voigan 08-15-14 02:56 PM

WARNING: "Possible Spoilers, Star Wars VII" spoilers below
Is the whole "some kids find Luke's hand in the middle of nowhere and just happen to bump into Han and Chewbacca who recognize their friend's severed limb after it spent thirty years floating around in space" plot confirmed or just a rumor? Even in series that has laser swords, 900 year old Muppets, and slug/toad hybrid crime lords that sounds rather ridiculous.

jrs 08-15-14 06:43 PM

Han Solo outfit concept art for Episode VII.

The Rodent 08-15-14 06:50 PM

Those new Stormtroopers look badass.

jrs 08-20-14 04:02 AM

First look at the Tatooine set in Star Wars: Episode VII

Zotis 08-20-14 12:55 PM

My expectations for the new Star Wars are very low, and I'm not really a fan of Abrams. My suspicion is it's going to ruin the entire expanded universe continuity.

The Rodent 08-20-14 12:57 PM

They're not using the expanded universe as reference.

The novels and books etc are no longer canon.

All that's being kept is the 6 films and the Clone Wars cartoons.

Nothing else.

-KhaN- 08-20-14 01:14 PM

Originally Posted by The Rodent (Post 1150728)
They're not using the expanded universe as reference.

The novels and books etc are no longer canon.

All that's being kept is the 6 films and the Clone Wars cartoons.

Nothing else.
And they are adding Rebels cartoon that will be set,in time of rebellion(hard guess...) :D

The Rodent 08-20-14 01:35 PM

WARNING: "SWVII Plot" spoilers below

The main villains of Ep 7 are Jedi Hunters... Sith Inquisitors will play a major part in the plot apparently, these characters are shady, cloak-and-dagger style people who work like a secret society of Dark Force users.

In short terms, they're a Sith Empire, with a hierarchy and internal political system.

Here's a pic of one such Inquisitor holding Vader's broken helm. It's believed that this very one will be one of the main villains.
He's a kind of a cyborg. Half living, half robot. Kinda like Vader and Grievous, and many other Siths before him.

https://indierevolver.files.wordpres...inquisitor.png

gandalf26 08-20-14 06:21 PM

Tatooine again, Given the enormity of the Galaxy it's stretching things a bit thin to keep returning to some backwater desert planet.

gandalf26 08-20-14 06:23 PM

Originally Posted by Zotis (Post 1150726)
My expectations for the new Star Wars are very low, and I'm not really a fan of Abrams. My suspicion is it's going to ruin the entire expanded universe continuity.
Fact I keep clinging to is that it simply can't be any worse than the Prequels.

Zotis 08-21-14 07:18 PM

Originally Posted by gandalf26 (Post 1150939)
Fact I keep clinging to is that it simply can't be any worse than the Prequels.
I don't know about that... especially when they obliterate the expanded universe. I think I'm probably going to just end up pretending it doesn't exist.

Sleezy 08-22-14 04:57 PM

Originally Posted by gandalf26 (Post 1150936)
Tatooine again, Given the enormity of the Galaxy it's stretching things a bit thin to keep returning to some backwater desert planet.
Possibly, but I can see Luke feeling some attachment to it and choosing to live there, a la Obi-Wan Kenobi.

I actually think starting off the Sequel Trilogy with Tatooine is a good move. It's an iconic Star Wars location and will immediately give the first film some credibility.

I've always liked that the Star Wars universe is so big, but we only see a fraction of it. The original trilogy only takes place in a handful of locations (Tatooine, Hoth, Bespin, Endor moon, Death Star), giving you the sense that there's far more out there to be explored. The prequels sorta ruined all that, taking us to a ton of planets that were terribly uninteresting and uninspired (Naboo, Kamino, Geonosis, Mustafar).

The Sequel Trilogy might introduce worlds we haven't seen, but I truly hope they preserve the feel of the originals, where maybe we don't have to see a new place every five minutes.

gandalf26 08-22-14 07:28 PM

The thing about planets we've seen is that we can relate to them, Endor-forest, Tatooine-desert, Hoth-ice/snow, Coruscant-city, bespin- sky/clouds etc. when you start trying to create planets with unfamiliar envioronments it's going to look weird, test the limits of the writers creativity.

Suppose I don't actually mind going back to Tatooine as long as there is an actual reason to be there. Not the nonsensical anakin Skywalker grew up here too, who knew.

jrs 08-25-14 02:44 PM

Gamobs 08-25-14 09:27 PM

Is there an official website already ?

jrs 08-26-14 03:03 AM

Originally Posted by Gamobs (Post 1154686)
Is there an official website already ?
Try starwars.com maybe. It's been on the internet for decades.

Gamobs 08-26-14 04:25 PM

Originally Posted by jrs (Post 1154892)
Try starwars.com maybe. It's been on the internet for decades.
Thank you!

Sleezy 09-17-14 02:31 PM

From DigitalWack.com:

Anthony Daniels Talks New C-3PO Costume in 'Star Wars 7'

If you were wondering whether the new C-3PO will be CGI, or if Anthony Daniels is crawling back into that metallic suit on set, the man himself has provided the answer. He will be playing the iconic robot once again, this time for director J.J. Abrams in Star Wars: Episode VII.

When J.J. Abrams called the actor to return for the movie, it was originally for a voice role only. Anthony Daniels explains how that transpired into what he is currently shooting, describing the new C-3PO suit along the way, and why it's important that C-3PO never be CGI again in a movie:

I will tell you that when [director] J.J. Abrams rang me to ask about filming Star Wars: Episode VII, one of the first things he said after he told me how wonderful I was - and that didn't take long - but he then said, "Would you be interested in being in the film just doing the voice?" I said, "No," and he said, "Right!" He knew I'd say that. There's no way I would just do the voice. I also said that it can't be the same suit. I will tell you that the team then got together and built a new suit. They made an entirely new look-a-like with changes that you will never notice [on screen] that made my life a lot easier. I can get it on and off very quickly.

He elaborated:

[During the prequels], the only time [Threepio has] been CG was when it was very dangerous [to act in the scene in a suit] - and it wasn't very good. In fact, I'm going to say it was awful. One of the difficulties is with a character that you know and love so well is that, as a member of the audience, you go, "Oh no, that's not right. No, he doesn't move like that." With me [in the suit], he's always going to move the same way and have the same reactions, timing, and so on. With CG, you're working with some brilliant person on the keyboard who is trying to pretend to be me. The only time that has worked without doubt is Disney's Star Tours: The Adventures Continue [theme park ride]. There's an element in the pre-show which is digital and I cannot tell it's not me. It's brilliantly done by Disney.

gandalf26 09-18-14 07:22 AM

Anthony Daniels is a complete and utter douchebag. He refused to even speak to Kenny Baker (R2-D2) because he basically viewed him as lower class.

As above, "no I'm not doing Star Wars unless I get to be in the suit".

The Rodent 09-18-14 08:20 AM

True... Daniels is one of the biggest arseholes in the business. Not just Baker got the treatment though. I heard almost everyone got treated like filth by the guy.

Can't really see why he has such an ego though. He's a Mime who played 3PO in 6 films over the past 40 years and then played... erm... yeah. Anything else? Can't recall any other work he's had.

I remember watching the features on one of the prequel DVDs... he was wondering through the set dressed in the suit and his vision is impaired through that mask.

Nobody told him to stop... everyone just let him crash into a low piece of the set which he couldn't see, and he went arse-over-tit.

The camera cuts to the cast and crew and they're just standing there with great big sh*t eating grins on their faces. Nobody helped him up either as far as I can remember.

jrs 09-20-14 05:35 PM

Details from a second draft of Episode VI going around the net..

WARNING: "Star Wars Episode VII" spoilers below
- Leia is made leader of the Republic after her predecessor's death
- Han is a retired veteran of the Republic fleet
- Luke hasn't been seen in nearly 30 years
- the lead character is Han and Leia's daughter
- the other lead is the child of Lando, and either a male or female depending on who is cast
- the other lead is a Stormtrooper, also either a male or female depending on who is cast
- dialogue for these two characters is very rough in the second draft
- Luke has no known offspring
- The Empire still exists in the form of a number of loyal galaxies and are in a state of cold war with the Republic
- The Empire is simply referred to as the "Empire," and the Republic is referred to formally only once, as the "Galactic Republic;" no "New" anywhere
- There are no Jedi whatsoever, and people still speak as if they are extinct, with Luke being "the last of his kind"
- The main antagonists are an older student of the Emperor, and his apprentice
- The apprentice takes control of the power dynamic between the two pretty quickly...
- The Republic are excavating ruins on a neutral world for a weapon; the world factors into tense negotiations the Empire have had with the Republic, and is referred to as the "Sith Homeworld"
- Loredump: In the script, the Sith are a couple thousand years old, founded by an ancestor of Palpatine called Ruin; the apprentice in this film also goes by that name
-The ruins within the Sith Homeworld are a control station; the planet itself is the weapon
- Luke saves the day at the end, but in a bad way; he has changed."

Yoda 09-20-14 05:37 PM

Nope, not reading that.

http://i.imgur.com/9HY53al.gif

http://i.imgur.com/NJZgC1W.gif

Randomcipher 09-29-14 07:00 AM

The production has been filming at the now disbanded Greenham Common cruise missle site here in the UK. The old hardened nuke bunkers were being used as hangers for the Falcon, XWings etc. I'm new at this site so once I've posted at least 25 times I'll add some pictures of the base inc the EP VII ships etc.

jrs 10-01-14 07:17 PM

A video supposedly containing leaked footage from Star Wars: Episode VII has appeared online yesterday on Youtube, showing some form of footage from the film which was shown to be shot in Ireland.

The video showed what appeared to be a bearded man in a Jedi cloak kneeling in some sort of cave or small shrine while another man lingers at the door casting a shadow. We also see some shots of the cloaked figure walking around the island in various spots. It felt more like test footage than final shots for the film.

The video was not only pulled off of YouTube, but the account associated with it has been closed. So I would presume the video was real.

Luckily some screenshots were taken...

Source: TechnoBuffalo

jrs 10-13-14 08:55 PM

I keep reading this all over, which it's true, that Star Wars has always been a summer release kind of film. It just won't feel the same to have it out in the winter. Yes, Star Wars fans will out to see no matter what, but it still won't feel the same. And if you're a true fan of either Star Wars or even the movies themselves you'd understand.

Randomcipher 10-19-14 08:13 PM

Some episode VII concept art has been leaked online. Warning may contain spoilers.

http://www.starwarsunderworld.com/20...i-concept.html

Randomcipher 10-19-14 08:15 PM

Oh yeah and Warwick Davis is in Ep VII :D

http://youtu.be/us0MWzVBnxM

Gatsby 10-19-14 08:26 PM

Get ready for the lens flares people...

What I really want is a film about the Old Republic.

The Rodent 10-19-14 08:30 PM

Originally Posted by Gatsby (Post 1190317)
Get ready for the lens flares people...

What I really want is a film about the Old Republic.

http://i1163.photobucket.com/albums/...ps0acea149.jpg

DrSpengler 10-19-14 10:19 PM

I'm just glad the story is moving forward. It always bugs me when the story reverts back to before all the interesting, iconic things happened. It's like, "look look, foreshadowing!" I think that's what bugs me about Smallville and Gotham, basing shows around iconic characters, before they take on the mantle. It's like all based around "look there's Penguin! Oh look, there are bats back there, foreshadowing!" I don't know, I just prefer seeing those characters. I like Star Trek TNG, but have no interest in seeing Picard's awkward teen years.

mark f 11-06-14 06:29 PM

The Force Awakens

gandalf26 11-06-14 08:03 PM

Feeling pretty "meh" about "The Force Awakens".

JayDee 11-06-14 08:54 PM

Yeah that's a pretty lame title. It sounds more like the title of some guy's fanfic short story or at a push a video game. But for a film it seems to be spectacularly lacking in any punch.

Empire Strikes Back. Return of the Jedi. Phantom Menace. Revenge of the Sith. Those are strong, evocative titles. If however you see The Force Awakens on a marquee it's unlikely to set your imagination ablaze

mark f 11-06-14 09:12 PM

So you want to start a write in to change it to The Force: We Chew Bubble Gum and Kick Ass and We're All Out of Bubble Gum.

Harry Lime 11-06-14 09:29 PM

Did somebody lose a bet? I can't figure out what they were thinking when they chose that title.

Also, laughing at JayDee calling The Phantom Menace a strong title.

jrs 11-06-14 10:12 PM

Originally Posted by Randomcipher (Post 1190304)
Some episode VII concept art has been leaked online. Warning may contain spoilers.

http://www.starwarsunderworld.com/20...i-concept.html
I posted these on my Tumblr over a month ago. They're pretty awesome. :)

As for the official Episode VII title, I prefer the previous rumored one....

Frightened Inmate No. 2 11-06-14 10:17 PM

all Star Wars movies have stupid titles. that's kind of their thing.

jrs 11-06-14 10:19 PM

Originally Posted by Frightened Inmate No. 2 (Post 1200432)
all Star Wars movies have stupid titles. that's kind of their thing.
The acting is stupid, but that's kind of their thing too.

hardwork49 11-07-14 03:23 PM

I really wanna see if John Boyega can make a real breaktrough performance in such a big movie, cuz in another sci-fi movie(Attack In Block) he was great and really make the film lot more thatn average sci-fi movie. I hope he will be as strong in the well known sci-fi movie series of all time.

jrs 11-17-14 05:30 PM

The teaser trailer will be released really soon. It’s 1 min long, and it's going to be VERY similar to the Episode II “breathing” teaser, with NEW characters and the Falcon. No confirmation of the Big 3 in the teaser. Plan A - release it with the Hunger Games ("possibly" Into the Woods) . Plan B- with Shield “December 16 . Both will probably be done. Expect it to be online same day. Unless it gets released earlier by some freakish chance.

Randomcipher 11-18-14 04:51 AM

How do you know this? You have insider knowledge? If you're correct it'll be a bit of a Xmas present to an old fan like me :)

The Rodent 11-18-14 05:11 AM

jrs is in a secret society.

jrs 11-18-14 06:11 AM

Full description of teaser :

WARNING: "Star Wars: The Force Awakens" spoilers below
It will be short, about 1 minute long, and it’s going to be VERY similar to the Episode II “breathing” teaser. It’s going to have The Force Theme played on woodwinds, softly, over flashing images of the main leads, each fading to black. There’s no dialogue, just reveals of the characters. And then the music swells up into a full John Williams orchestral piece. We hear a female voice, likely Daisy Ridley’s, saying ‘Wake up.’ The title card appears - Star Wars: The Force Awakens - and we see the Millennium Falcon, firing blasters, coming right at the camera."

Originally Posted by Randomcipher (Post 1205818)
How do you know this?

Here

bouncingbrick 11-18-14 08:30 AM

I love that you wrapped that in "spoilers." That's as much a spoiler as me saying "they're making a new Star Wars movie."

The Rodent 11-18-14 09:01 AM

I think they should made Episodes X, XI and XII first, then wait 20 years to make VII, VIII and IX.

Sexy Celebrity 11-18-14 08:24 PM

1 Attachment(s)
http://www.movieforums.com/community...1&d=1416356631

I like that title. As the first chapter of a new trilogy, it's nice. Better than A New Hope and The Phantom Menace.

It's an awakening of something that's been asleep for over 30 years. The last trilogy doesn't count as it was set before the original trilogy. The franchise is waking up.

Nostromo87 11-18-14 08:52 PM

STAR WARS EPISODE VII: THE FORCE AWAKENS

Tagline:

http://oi57.tinypic.com/2uylh6d.jpg

jrs 11-19-14 02:40 AM

Originally Posted by Sexy Celebrity (Post 1206125)
I feel bad for Mark that he got no rep for letting us know the title a week ago. So I gave him some.

The Rodent 11-19-14 04:25 AM

My poster looks better.

The Rodent 11-22-14 04:17 AM

Oh boy...

Head some news about what's going to happen in VII.

And it's going to be immense.

Really really don't read these spoilers if you don't want to know. Really, this is a proper spoiler alert, not just one of those regular spoiler alerts.

WARNING: "VII" spoilers below

Han Solo is going to die. Not just "die" though. Luke is going to kill him.

Adam Driver's character is said to be the one who has The Force "awaken" in him and Solo's dying wish is for Luke to spare Driver's life... however it turns out afterward that Driver's character is evil as hell, causing Luke a problem. This will push the plot along in parts VIII and IX.

Ford has got his wish. Han is to die on screen, and die like a Hero.

News is 10 hours old and comes from multiple sources. The trailer is out next week too.

gandalf26 11-22-14 08:31 AM

To click or not too click, life and the Rodent have presented me with one of those massive life choices.

Swan 11-22-14 08:33 AM

Don't read it gandalf, I'm pissed I did. Though i can't imagine it will be a secret for long if it's true.

gandalf26 11-22-14 08:35 AM

I wasn't gonna then I just did it. ****s sake Rodent. But I suppose it would be impossible to avoid that for a whole year.

I'd probably prefer for Jar Jar to be in it than have that happen.

The Rodent 11-22-14 09:08 AM

I warned ya!

90sAce 11-22-14 03:22 PM

I really don't see how this is going to be any good if they're seriously going to star the original cast in the lead roles. I really don't see how Harrison Ford's going to fire a blaster unless it's attached to his walker.

Having them show up in a cameo role is one thing - but making them the lead characters just sounds like an awful decision from the get-go.

It'll feel like one of those cheesy "Reunion" films of some old TV show that airs reruns on TV Land (like "Gilligan's Island")

gandalf26 11-22-14 06:06 PM

I think it can work if they are main characters but a few of many other main characters. I mean Luke Skywalker is likely to still be a major player in the Galaxy being "the" Jedi Master/leader of hopefully quite a few force using characters. Leia of course is a force user equal to Luke so she should still be a major player and assuming Han has married Leia he is probably still a General/Admiral or perhaps recently retired.

So it makes sense that the three are still "main" characters but probably NOT the "leads" as you suggest.

The Rodent 11-22-14 06:12 PM

Leia will definitely be a Force user as the Force is strong within the entire Skywalker bloodline and she had Luke to teach her as well... but when it comes to her role within the new films, she will more likely be a Political figure within the rebuilt government.
Maybe even a Queen.

Can't see her as being part of the Jedi Order exactly, but certainly a Force character.

gandalf26 11-22-14 06:15 PM

Leia could be Emperor and Luke her henchman like his father before him.

The Rodent 11-23-14 03:55 PM

This has surfaced online, believed to be part of the trailer out next week.

http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/...vqmnbbqx5w.gif

jrs 11-24-14 03:08 PM

Originally Posted by The Rodent (Post 1208453)
This has surfaced online, believed to be part of the trailer out next week.

http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/...vqmnbbqx5w.gif
It's a fake. Just some guy fooling around that made some animation...

jrs 11-24-14 07:03 PM

An early 88-second tease of Star Wars: The Force Awakens can be seen in 30 theaters across North America beginning Friday morning, November 28. Following this weekend, the tease can be seen in theaters around the world this December.

StarWars.Com has released a list of all 30 theaters across the United States and Canada that will be showing the teaser trailer. I'm pretty sure the trailer will be released/leaked online shortly after...or even before for that matter.

AZ PHOENIX HARKINS TEMPE MARKETPLACE
CA LOS ANGELES AMC CENTURY CITY
CA LOS ANGELES Indep EL CAPITAN
CA IRVINE REGAL SPECTRUM IRVINE 21
CA SAN FRANCISCO AMC METREON 16
CA SAN JOSE CINEMARK OAKRIDGE 20
CA SAN DIEGO REGAL MIRA MESA 18
CAN TORONTO CPX YOUNGE & DUNDAS
CAN VANCOUVER CPX RIVERPORT
CO DENVER AMC WESTMINSTER 24
DC WASH D.C AMC TYSONS CORNER 16
FL MIAMI CARMIKE PARISIAN 20
GA ATLANTA REGAL ATLANTIC STATION
IL CHICAGO REGAL CITY NORTH
MA BOSTON AMC BOSTON COMMONS 19
MI DETROIT CINEMARK SHOWCASE 20
MN MINNEAPOLIS AMC SOUTHDALE
MO KANSAS CITY AMC STUDIO 30
NY NEW YORK AMC LINCOLN SQUARE 12
NY NEW YORK REGAL UNION SQUARE
OH CLEVELAND CINEMARK CINEMARK 24
PA PHILADELPHIA REGAL WARRINGTON 22
TN NASHVILLE CARMIKE THOROUGHBRED 20
TN KNOXVILLE REGAL PINNACLE
TX DALLAS CINEMARK WEST PLAN 20
TX HOUSTON REGAL MARQ*E STADIUM 23
TX AUSTIN ALAMO ALAMO S LAMAR
UT SALT LAKE CITY CINEMARK CINEMARK 24 WEST JORDAN
WA SEATTLE REGAL THORNTON PLACE 14
WI MILWAUKEE MARCUS BROOKFIELD 16

jrs 11-25-14 02:23 AM

Too bad my theater isn't on that list. I'm sure I'll see it eventually.

Gatsby 11-25-14 03:13 AM

Is there any information on theaters outside of America?

jrs 11-25-14 04:15 AM

Originally Posted by Gatsby (Post 1209130)
Is there any information on theaters outside of America?
J.J Abrams hasn't released any info about international theaters at all. Doesn't seem likely. Probably international theaters will just have to wait until December for it's official worldwide release unless you catch it online beforehand.

Gatsby 11-25-14 09:18 AM

Originally Posted by jrs (Post 1209136)
J.J Abrams hasn't released any info about international theaters at all. Doesn't seem likely. Probably international theaters will just have to wait until December for it's official worldwide release unless you catch it online beforehand.
How disappointing. Surely a huge hype by making early viewing worldwide would increase box office results and also squash the sweet tooth of moviegoers such as me.