Movie Forums (http://www.movieforums.com/community/index.php)
-   The Television & Music Forum (http://www.movieforums.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Game of Thrones Season 3 (http://www.movieforums.com/community/showthread.php?t=31511)

Yoda 04-01-13 09:22 AM

Game of Thrones Season 3

Go.

Yoda 04-01-13 09:35 AM

I'll go first.

I don't mind them moving the assassination attempt on Dany up and changing the assassin to be Wizard Corpse Lips. It creates a nice feeling of momentum, gives them something to threaten her with consistently while she's over there, and reminds us that some people are still loyal to Targaryens, or at least would be if she came back. That's kind of important, I think, because on the show, up to this point, we pretty much just have Viserys word for it, and it becomes obvious early on that he's talking nonsense. So it helps to get a glimpse of the idea that, yes, there are some people who would want her in charge.

Don't mind that the dragons seem a bit bigger than I remember them being in book 3, either. And man, do they look cool. Especially when you remember that this is a TV show.

DexterRiley 04-01-13 09:44 AM

I haven't read the books. The Axe Wielding zombie succumbing to fire bodes well for Khaleesi and her babies though, id have to assume.

also putting this here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0U3RE_NB0EA

Sleezy 04-01-13 11:03 AM

Pretty good episode, but Strong Belwas better be in the next one, especially since it looks like Vargo Hoat and the Bloody Mummers are all but excluded from the series. You can't do Game of Thrones without Strong Belwas! (Well, actually, you probably can... but come on!)

At least we're getting Qyburn (even though Robb's presence at Harrenhal and the circumstances of Qyburn's finding is terribly off-base) and presumably Missandei, and I'm hoping they'll include Grey Worm too (maybe Mr. Nipple?).

What I really liked in this episode was the Jon Snow/Mance Rayder scene, which was pretty damn close to the scene in the book. I wish Tormund Giantsbane was older and huskier, but it seems that actor will do fine... and I have a feeling Ciaran Hinds is going to be fantastic as Mance).

I also really liked the scene with Margaery Tyrell visiting the orphanage. Even though that scene wasn't in the book, it shows that the writers understand where her character needs to be. She's starting to feel like the right Margaery and she's going to be a great thorn in Cersei's hindquarters.

And I liked the scene between Tyrion and his father. My fiance, last season, remarked that she really liked Tywin Lannister. After that scene, she asked, "Was it really that harsh in the book?" Yes, yes it was. Tywin Lannister is NOT a nice person.

Yoda 04-01-13 11:20 AM

Re: Game of Thrones Season 3

They had Jon give Mance a completely different reason for wanting to join, though, if memory serves. Either that or they excluded the exclamation point on it.

I agree with you completely about Margaery. I think elevating her like this is brilliant and will really pay off down the line.

So far, it seems like most of the changes are of the standard "take something a tertiary character did and give it to a secondary character we already know" variety. That's to be expected, and I think it's worked pretty well so far.

Oh, and the giant was pretty awesome. Really well done. Easy to forget, between that and the dragons, that this is still just a TV Show, and not even a broadcast one. I know people gripe about the scale and the tricks they use to skip over the battle sequences, but c'mon...what they put on screen is pretty incredible, under the circumstances.

Sleezy 04-01-13 11:43 AM

Originally Posted by Yoda (Post 891676)
They had Jon give Mance a completely different reason for wanting to join, though, if memory serves. Either that or they excluded the exclamation point on it.
You're right. I think his reason in the book was something about being a bastard all his life and wanting to feel like a free and accepted individual. But I can't remember for sure, and the ASOIAF Wiki is down at the moment. I liked the reason given in the show, though.

Originally Posted by Yoda
Oh, and the giant was pretty awesome. Really well done.
YES! That was awesome! :D

Yoda 04-01-13 12:07 PM

Yeah, he mentioned the bastard thing. It's what ended the chapter; I just don't recall if he also said something like what he said in the show. He may have.

But yeah, I was fine with it. The overwhelming majority of the changes make a lot of sense to me when you consider the constraints.

Austruck 04-01-13 12:54 PM

Does it seem to anyone else as if they're going to sail through the main points of book 3 a lot faster in the show than they ought to?
WARNING: "Storm of Swords" spoilers below
It felt as if Joffrey will be getting married any second now. :D

I also agree that they almost have to keep a lid on the number of characters they introduce or use in the show. It's one of the more confusing things about the show -- so many people to get to know and remember ... and then throw in trying to remember to whom they are loyal (since that's constantly up for grabs). It'd get really ugly if they used every single character the book uses.

It doesn't help that they sometimes use actors who look a little too similar, and that confuses me too. The guy playing Bronn looks too much like, ohh, whoever it was following Robb around this episode. (sigh) And were they at Winterfell? I'm assuming it was Harrenhal (otherwise Robb wouldn't have said, "Find a room that would work as a cell" -- he'd already know the place).

But, frankly, some of those open courtyards look so similar (especially when it's gray and muddy) that it's not always completely clear which castle/holdfast/whatever they're in until they either pan back or put things in a bit more context. Maybe it's just my poor eye for set details working against me.

WARNING: "Storm of Swords" spoilers below
Also also ... In the book, didn't Sam send out the ravens? I'm quite sure he did -- the one thing he did right. So why did they change that part? I hope they had a good reason (or did I misremember something ELSE in my hasty reading of book 3)?

Slow start to the season so far, I'd say, but SO MUCH is going to happen this season that I'll be patient. :)

Austruck 04-01-13 01:06 PM

Apologies for lack of tags. I haven't a clue how to discuss differences from book to TV once they've already happened onscreen.... Thanks to whomever fixed the tags.

Sleezy 04-01-13 01:15 PM

Originally Posted by Austruck (Post 891730)
I also agree that they almost have to keep a lid on the number of characters they introduce or use in the show.
I was surprised they introduced Tormund Giantsbane so... quietly... since he's not at all quiet in the books. It didn't surprise me, though, that...

WARNING: "A Storm of Swords" spoilers below
...they cut to the chase on Barristan Selmy and omitted his "Arstan Whitebeard" disguise completely. It really wouldn't have worked since, well, we all know Selmy already.

Originally Posted by Austruck
It doesn't help that they sometimes use actors who look a little too similar, and that confuses me too. The guy playing Bronn looks too much like, ohh, whoever it was following Robb around this episode. (sigh) And were they at Winterfell? I'm assuming it was Harrenhal (otherwise Robb wouldn't have said, "Find a room that would work as a cell" -- he'd already know the place).
Robb was with Roose Bolton (the balding guy from last season and Lord of the Dreadfort), and they were at Harrenhal. In the books, Robb never goes to Harrenhal, but Bolton ends up there. So I'm guessing they're just using the Harrenhal location as a stand-in for Riverrun, as opposed to building all-new sets. Eventually Robb will leave and Roose Bolton will stay, I'm guessing.

Also also, in the book...
WARNING: "A Storm of Swords" spoilers below
...didn't Sam send out the ravens? I'm quite sure he did -- the one thing he did right. So why did they change that part? I hope they had a good reason (or did I misremember something ELSE in my hasty reading of book 3)?
My answer:

WARNING: "Season 3" spoilers below
He did send out the ravens, or at least some of them. I'm guessing they want to increase the feeling of isolation and despair among the Night's Watch survivors, but Sam's ravens do influence one key event in the book. Not sure how they'll rectify that just yet.

Either way, I was bummed that the Battle of the Fist got axed. I realize that it's a TV show and the battles are largely going to end up truncated or removed in the interest of budget, but it felt really lame, especially since the Others (White Walkers for you guys following the show) are so important.

Austruck 04-01-13 01:19 PM

Aha, see, now there's another thing: In the book I think they're just called "wights." I assume that the TV show now calls them "wight walkers" because hearing "wight" sounds like "white," and it sounds just stupid to hear, "The whites are coming!"

Hence, wight walkers (not white walkers). :)

Roose Bolton, duh. Yes. I swear they should put name tags on all these people. Why does the Roose Bolton in the book seem so much larger than the one on the show? He's really just getting lost for me in the show (obviously).

Sleezy 04-01-13 01:41 PM

Originally Posted by Austruck (Post 891748)
Aha, see, now there's another thing: In the book I think they're just called "wights." I assume that the TV show now calls them "wight walkers" because hearing "wight" sounds like "white," and it sounds just stupid to hear, "The whites are coming!"

Hence, wight walkers (not white walkers). :)
According to the Game of Thrones Wiki, the spelling is "white walkers," presumably for the white, snowy areas they occupy.

In the books, they use a few terms, but they're not necessarily interchangeable. The "wights," I believe, are the reanimated zombie corpses of dead wildlings, Night's Watchmen, animals, etc. The "Others," however, are a bit different. They are age-old beings of the world, and somewhat comparable to demons maybe. They're described as tall and gaunt with pale white skin and blue eyes, and they wear reflective armor. They also essentially create the "wights," but it's not clear how exactly.

The show seems to have combined both types under the single "White Walker" name, and have designed the progenitor beings (like this guy and this guy) to look a bit more monstrous than they do in the books.

Why does the Roose Bolton in the book seem so much larger than the one on the show? He's really just getting lost for me in the show (obviously).
Well, they're using him a bit awkwardly. They didn't bring the Greatjon (the boisterous guy from the first season) back, and instead replaced him with Roose Bolton. I guess that makes sense because Roose does have some importance later on, but in the books he's clearly delineated from Robb because he's largely with his own army throughout the books. I think it'll end up being okay, but they could drop his name a bit more for the audience.

Austruck 04-01-13 01:50 PM

Agreed on namedropping Bolton's name.

Interesting bit on the spelling of "white walkers." That's certainly how the audience hears it. I know the difference between the Others and the wights in the books -- and kept wondering when I'd see each type. But yes, in the show, it's a lot more mysterious even to the characters exactly which ones are what types. All just creepy otherworldly scary creatures that are hard to kill. :)

Sleezy 04-01-13 01:56 PM

Yeah, I actually really like the designs of the Others. Not really in line with the books, but at least they look awesome and definitely something you wouldn't want to mess around with. :D

hapax_legomena 04-01-13 03:31 PM

Originally Posted by Sleezy (Post 891661)
Pretty good episode, but Strong Belwas better be in the next one, especially since it looks like Vargo Hoat and the Bloody Mummers are all but excluded from the series. You can't do Game of Thrones without Strong Belwas! (Well, actually, you probably can... but come on!)

At least we're getting Qyburn (even though Robb's presence at Harrenhal and the circumstances of Qyburn's finding is terribly off-base) and presumably Missandei, and I'm hoping they'll include Grey Worm too (maybe Mr. Nipple?).

What I really liked in this episode was the Jon Snow/Mance Rayder scene, which was pretty damn close to the scene in the book. I wish Tormund Giantsbane was older and huskier, but it seems that actor will do fine... and I have a feeling Ciaran Hinds is going to be fantastic as Mance).

I also really liked the scene with Margaery Tyrell visiting the orphanage. Even though that scene wasn't in the book, it shows that the writers understand where her character needs to be. She's starting to feel like the right Margaery and she's going to be a great thorn in Cersei's hindquarters.

And I liked the scene between Tyrion and his father. My fiance, last season, remarked that she really liked Tywin Lannister. After that scene, she asked, "Was it really that harsh in the book?" Yes, yes it was. Tywin Lannister is NOT a nice person.
I'm pretty sure you liked all the worst parts of the episode (Jon's story and that overbearing Margaery scene). The Jon scene was pretty botched in comparison to the books. And this Tormund isn't the right Tormund... yet at least. I have no opinion on Mance yet. Anyways, at least you got something right with the Tywin/Tyrion exchange being awesome.

Also, it's been confirmed that Strong Belwas is not going to be in this season (no confirmation on being completely cut out though, although I wouldn't even mind). It's also been confirmed (casting and all) that Grey Worm is indeed in this season. Do you not follow up with this show in the post-season or something?

Sleezy 04-01-13 04:04 PM

Originally Posted by hapax_legomena (Post 891787)
I'm pretty sure you liked all the worst parts of the episode (Jon's story and that overbearing Margaery scene).
No.

Originally Posted by hapax_legomena
The Jon scene was pretty botched in comparison to the books.
No.

And this Tormund isn't the right Tormund... yet at least.
Yes.

I have no opinion on Mance yet.
Oh.

Anyways, at least you got something right with the Tywin/Tyrion exchange being awesome.
Cool.

Also, it's been confirmed that Strong Belwas is not going to be in this season (no confirmation on being completely cut out though, although I wouldn't even mind).
Oh.

It's also been confirmed (casting and all) that Grey Worm is indeed in this season.
Cool.

Do you not follow up with this show in the post-season or something?
No.

hapax_legomena 04-01-13 04:07 PM

Originally Posted by Sleezy (Post 891799)
No.

No.
Yes & yes.

Do you even A Song of Ice and Fire?

Yoda 04-01-13 04:20 PM

Ah yes, the famous "flat contradiction and stunned disbelief" counterargument. Always compelling.

I can only assume at some point you'll become as bored with this as everyone else already is.

Sleezy 04-01-13 05:08 PM

I've already put him on my Ignore list. Don't really have much interest in arguing with somebody who joins forums just to be an ******* for no reason. Seen plenty of kids like him before, no big deal.

Sleezy 04-01-13 05:19 PM

If they do end up including Strong Belwas, even for just an episode or two, I think a solid cast would be Solofa Fatu Jr., who wrestled as "Rikishi" in the 1990s. He's likely a horrible actor, but it's not like Strong Belwas needs to be Daniel Day-Lewis.

http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j3...ps0a8454b8.jpg

Skepsis93 04-01-13 05:26 PM

Originally Posted by Sleezy (Post 891821)
I've already put him on my Ignore list.
It's pretty sweet, eh?

Skepsis93 04-01-13 05:28 PM

I liked the episode. Haven't read the books and will happily admit I have only a basic understanding of all the intricacies that are going on but damn, this show is like crack.

hapax_legomena 04-01-13 05:54 PM

lol wut r u even saying lol @ yoda

Anyways, aside from Yoda saying things that make no sense and sleezy not understanding the show/series despite reading the books, here are my thoughts on the episode...

The opening scene was definitely a bit underwhelming. We are left with no explanation of how Sam escaped that massive horde of wights. I'm obviously disappointed that the Battle of the Fist of the First Men was cut, but not shocked. Massive battle with massive amounts of wights[in Iceland] equals massive amounts of time and money. Ghost looks pretty serious, and Mormont was a total bad ass. His mini monologue was pretty chilling.

The Jon Snow **** was pretty bad, and was probably my least favorite part of the episode. Kit Harington continues to suck and be a piss poor Jon Snow, constantly staring off into space. Tormund looks pretty good, although a bit small, but he is way too serious and dark as of now. Will be pretty disappointing if the character stays on that path, rather than boisterous and happy-go-lucky like in the books. The story Jon told Mance was pretty crap, and botched that whole exchange. I currently have no solid opinion on Mance as of yet. He doesn't really fit the bill in appearance, but we'll have to wait and see how his performance progresses. I just feel like there a already a lot of missed opportunities for the character already.

The whole set-up and scene with Tyrion and Cersei was good. Tyrion's hesitations and paranoia were displayed well by both Dinklage and the way the scene was shot. Bronn is very clearly Based, and for now it appears as though he's gonna stick around more than he should. No complaints.

The first Davos scene was shot extremely well. Liam Cunningham continues to put on a great performance as Davos, and the dialogue with him and Salahdor Saan was great.

I'm really glad we get a chance to see Roose right off the bat, and see him actually discussing matters with Robb. The showrunners did a piss poor job with Roose's screen time in the second season, so I really hope they continue to keep him in the light now. People need to know who Roose is. And speaking of Roose, this show Roose is totally bad ass. I'm really loving this Roose. The way he looks at Robb and assesses the situation at hand is great. His expressions say a thousand words. I have a feeling this guy is gonna turn me into an even bigger Roose fan than I already am. Anyways, as far as the Robb's story goes, they continue to botch it up. Them being at Harrenhal like that was strange. And dafuq were Catelyn and Talisa doing there? Just right up in the **** I guess. I almost vomited when I first saw Talisa. And the whole Qyburn thing was odd, but I was glad to catch a glimpse of him finally. I have a feeling he's gonna be a pretty sweet Qyburn.

Now the best scene of the whole episode; Tywin and Tyrion. This scene was perfect. It really nailed Tywin's loathing for Tyrion, and I'm so glad that Tywin is no longer the "lovable cool grandpa" that he was in the second season. Charles Dance is ****ing great. The whole dialogue was great. I loved it all. Every second.
WARNING: "derp" spoilers below
"Brought a whore into my bed" & "the next whore I catch in your bed, I'll hang" OH BOY OH BOY OH BOY

I'm pretty 50/50 on the Sansa scene. This friendship with Shae is a bit much, but I'm thankful for their dialogue regardless, because it's showing us glimpses of Sansa's character progression. She is clearly wising up, getting her wits about her, and learning the basics of "the game." I really hope Sophie Turner can do well with my beloved Sansers. Littlefinger still sucks though, and it's not entirely Aiden Gillen's fault. This Sansa **** is way too obvious, way too forced, and way too soon. It's completely out of character for LF. And this Ros ****... kill me. MANAGING LF's AFFAIRS?! A RANDOM WHORE?! What the ****, showrunners. That is absurd. Ros has too large a role, and Shae is not Shae. They are just two more over-empowered, snappy women characters to add to the endless list of botched female characters.
WARNING: "derp" spoilers below
lol shae is gonna be sooooo pissed when Sansers marries Tyrion

The first Dany scene was alright. Drogon is looking pretty ****ing serious. Good evolution of the dragons' growth. Shoot me in the head though, with Dany already bitching about slaves. Fortunately it was only a taste, and nothing more. Yet.

The Dragonstone scene was another one of my favorites. The Mannis looks even better than season, and Dillane impressed me with this one small scene. He has the perfect Stannis ambiance, and is currently nailing his portrayal and progression of Stannis the Mannis. Then the whole exchange/dialogue with Stannis/Davos/Melisandre was pretty awesome; really good acting from all three actors. The Davos attempt on Melly was a little on the silly and rushed side, but it was not nearly enough to detract from such a good scene.

The final scene in Kings Landing was also pretty good, but not without its negatives unfortunately. First and foremost, Jack Gleeson continues to impress me as Joffrey. He has really made Joffrey his own, and although quite different from the Joff in the books, I feel as though he does a perfect portrayal, and even makes the character of Joffrey that much better and more interesting. It's safe to say that Joff is my n*gga. The whole thing with Margaery and the orphans was a bit too much though. It was really over-bearing and forced, and almost got sickening eventually. They literally did that scene in the most in-your-face way as possible. Nevertheless, the audience should now be aware that Margaery is making moves, and is serious (the last bit, when she tells the septa or whatever she was, to come directly to her if she needs any help/food/etc was the only good part of that shiz). The dinner scene was good though. I liked dat. The Tyrells are already pretty sweet, and are portraying themselves pretty well. But anyways, some pretty good dialogue in that dinner scene.

The final Dany scene was also pretty good, honestly. I'm not going to get too comfortable having no issues with Dany scenes, but as of the first episode, they were totally edible. Kraznys is already an awesome ****ing character. I can just tell I'm going to like every scene he is in. + anyone who ***** on Dany is cool in my book. I have no issues with the jump-up in age for Missandei because she still seems timid, and now we get boobies. Win-win, in my opinion. I was also glad we got the nipple decapitation. That was certainly a nice touch. I also have no issues with skipping over all of the Arstan shenanigans. That whole thing doesn't really work with the television medium quite like it worked in books obviously, so no harm no foul in my opinion. I also could care less that there is no Strong Belwas. They can easily introduce him without issues in a later season, and honestly could completely cut him out without really compromising the story.

All in all, I thought it was a pretty good episode, although I can see where many would think it was underwhelming, especially as a premiere. There is a lot of build up involved in this book, and lots of characters to familiarize the audience with. I also thought it was shot extremely well; cinematic-tier.

DexterRiley 04-02-13 12:13 PM

Ok ive now managed to watch episode 1 4x now, and a crazy theory is a perkolaten.

What if the real reason Tyrions Dad won't give his son jack squat is that he suspects that Tyrion is in fact the bastard son of King Targareon? I mean in those days, Women died from child birth all the time. Seems to me he's using a flimsy excuse to deny the birthright succession thing..

I mean, there are 3 dragons, while will need 3 riders. Khaleesi, the mercenary protector guy that i cant remember his name, and...dun dun dunnnnnnnn

Tyrion.

hapax_legomena 04-02-13 04:18 PM

Originally Posted by DexterRiley (Post 892075)
Ok ive now managed to watch episode 1 4x now, and a crazy theory is a perkolaten.

What if the real reason Tyrions Dad won't give his son jack squat is that he suspects that Tyrion is in fact the bastard son of King Targareon? I mean in those days, Women died from child birth all the time. Seems to me he's using a flimsy excuse to deny the birthright succession thing..

I mean, there are 3 dragons, while will need 3 riders. Khaleesi, the mercenary protector guy that i cant remember his name, and...dun dun dunnnnnnnn

Tyrion.

http://media.tumblr.com/a2b00fadba84...4bg1qz4rgp.gif

DexterRiley 04-02-13 06:59 PM

http://i3.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/...4/yesitis2.gif

hapax_legomena 04-02-13 09:13 PM

"Tyrions dad"
"King Targareon"
"Khaleesi"
"the mercenary protector guy"
> basing it off of an episode
> doesn't even understand why Tywin hates Tyrion

Just stop. If that crackpot turns out to be true, it would be series suicide.

Proximity 04-02-13 09:24 PM

Originally Posted by DexterRiley (Post 892178)
Fuggin' Tsoukalos, man.

"Tsoukalos is a 1998 graduate of Ithaca College in Ithaca, New York, with a bachelor's degree in sports information and communication."

Good school but a pretty random ass degree for a "scientist." I wonder how he'd do on an Intro to Astronomy exam...

but for real doe aleenz

DexterRiley 04-02-13 09:48 PM

i dont believe Georgio has ever claimed he was a scientist. like ever. Anyway you are reading way more into the gif than is necessary.

I havent read the books, so i'm sherlocken based on what is presented to me, and my theory is possibly correct.

If it chaps hapax' hide, tough tittays.

Proximity 04-02-13 10:06 PM

lol, how am I reading too much into a GIF just by talking about the guy featured in it? The Ancient Astronaut Theory is a scientific hypothesis. Tsoukalos devoting his intellectual energy to proving that hypothesis technically (hence the quotes) makes him a scientist. Anyway, you are reading way more into my post than is necessary.

OT: Emilia Clarke - good actress, bad, or in between? She seems inconsistent to me. Could be the writing. How much of her dialogue is lifted from the books?

DexterRiley 04-02-13 10:24 PM

:facepalm:

Proximity 04-02-13 10:29 PM

Well, if you're not going to apologize for making that false assumption, then fine!

:facepalm: to you, too!

Season premiere was bland.

hapax_legomena 04-03-13 02:21 AM

This forum is full of idiots.

DexterRiley 04-03-13 08:45 AM

Originally Posted by hapax_legomena (Post 892318)
This forum is full of idiots.
you fit right in then.

DexterRiley 04-03-13 11:31 AM

I found this as entertaining as it was helpful.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mnfYj-cHM5c

hapax_legomena 04-03-13 05:26 PM

I can't wait for the Targaryen line to be completely wiped from Westeros.

Austruck 04-03-13 05:29 PM

Originally Posted by hapax_legomena (Post 892447)
I can't wait for the Targaryen line to be completely wiped from Westeros.
Yeah, good luck wit' dat.

hapax_legomena 04-03-13 05:30 PM

Are you implying Dany isn't going to be killed when everyone realizes she is the Mad King 2.0

PUH!

Austruck 04-03-13 05:49 PM

Originally Posted by hapax_legomena (Post 892450)
Are you implying Dany isn't going to be killed when everyone realizes she is the Mad King 2.0

PUH!
Viserys was the crazy one. Dany's actually pretty level-headed, all things considered.

So, no, I don't think everyone's going to realize she's the Mad King 2.0. Because, well, she isn't. I just don't see that entire eastern storyline being lopped off completely.

hapax_legomena 04-03-13 05:54 PM

Have you even a danced with dragons, bro?

She wasn't even level-headed in A Storm of Swords, but she doesn't drop off severely until ADWD I suppose. She is The Mad King 2.0 and sucks even worse than Aerys. She would be an awful queen. Worst case scenario she lives but never comes to Westeros/ stays in Essos.

Viserys was just an idiot.

Austruck 04-03-13 05:56 PM

Dude... SPOILERS. We're discussing season 3 of the TV show here, NOT the entire series of books.

Sheesh.

P.S. Not a bro. Sorry.

hapax_legomena 04-03-13 05:57 PM

Bro, wasn't even a spoiler. All I implied was she sucks and sucks at being a ruler and continues to make sh*t decisions. Much like she has this entire series since book 1.

It just gets worse is all.

Yoda 04-04-13 12:34 AM

If you're saying that Dany's crazy, I'd say that qualifies as a spoiler. I'm just about to start book 5 and, to this point, I haven't found her to be remotely "Mad King 2.0." Not yet, at least.

DexterRiley 04-06-13 05:33 PM

if you squint a bit, the rider is a dead ringer for the Imp.

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/wh...18Review/1.jpg

hapax_legomena 04-06-13 05:44 PM

no it isn't.

hapax_legomena 04-08-13 03:41 PM

Pretty good episode destroyed by two awful scenes. Shame, really.

DexterRiley 04-08-13 06:29 PM

Episode 2 in a word.

Borrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrring,

hapax_legomena 04-08-13 07:35 PM

If anything, it was less "boring" than the premiere....

As far as [general] content goes, this episode was totally good, and not boring at all. This episode also happened to have a lot of [specific] content that was either done poorly, or was entirely atrocious though.

But seriously. Top lels @ saying the intro episode for Jojen, Meera, Thoros (and the Brotherhood without Banners, or at least most of it), and the Queen of Thorns (and also "Locke" aka pseudo-Vargo) .......and Ramsay, was boring. Top lels indeed.

Yoda 04-08-13 08:04 PM

Why would introducing characters be especially exciting to someone who hasn't read the books and has no idea who they are or how important they might be later?

hapax_legomena 04-08-13 08:13 PM

Um, because they are new characters in a series? Sounds pretty exciting to me.

Yoda 04-08-13 08:15 PM

Shall we go count up the number of episodes that would be automatically "exciting" because of the introduction of new characters? Because you may have noticed there are, uh, a lot of characters.

hapax_legomena 04-08-13 08:19 PM

I would actually greatly appreciate it if you went through all the episodes and marked which ones introduced new characters. I bet they were all pretty "exciting"

Yoda 04-08-13 08:21 PM

I think most of them are exciting, regardless. Just not for the mere fact of introducing new characters, which happens a lot and has no particular reason to excite anyone who doesn't know who they are yet.

hapax_legomena 04-08-13 08:26 PM

If I was watching a show, and was suddenly handed a platter of interesting and [seemingly] important (we all know they are) characters, I would be both intrigued and interested in what purpose they will serve for the [character-dominated] television show I enjoy. "Exciting" may not particularly be the best term to use in such a situation, but I'd say "intrigue" and "sparked curiosity", which, in turn, can be exciting for some (most?) people.

Yoda 04-08-13 08:31 PM

I get it, and I even feel the same way in general. But step outside the fact that you're a huge fan of this world, and presumably of this type of storytelling, and I don't think it's hard to see why others might be largely indifferent to it. I don't blame them. For the uninitiated, I imagine this stuff is kinda starting to pile up.

Sleezy 04-08-13 09:58 PM

The people I know who are following the series but haven't read the books are getting pretty confused about who's who and who's where.

seanc 04-08-13 11:31 PM

I have read the first 4 books and really enjoy the world building. I think the issue with having so many characters in a television series is we do not get to spend a whole lot of time with them in some episodes. For instance I have heard a number of non book readers state that Arya is their favorite character. I could completely understand those people being frustrated so far this year. I think I would still enjoy this show if I had not read the books, but don't know if I would hold it in as high regard as I do.

That being said I have very few issues with the first two episodes of this season. I am particularly fond of what they are doing with Margery. Unlike most book readers I was not a huge fan with the first half of the third book, but I think the television series is doing a great job laying the ground work for the craziness to come.

DexterRiley 04-11-13 10:03 AM

http://static.happyplace.com/assets/...56132dac75.jpg
http://static.happyplace.com/assets/...5613874e9c.jpg

http://static.happyplace.com/assets/...558575ebf6.jpg

http://static.happyplace.com/assets/...55a3d8bb74.jpg
http://static.happyplace.com/assets/...56cd897062.jpg

http://static.happyplace.com/assets/...55d457fcba.jpg
http://static.happyplace.com/assets/...56704c8f74.jpg
http://static.happyplace.com/assets/...5618adbc57.jpg

DexterRiley 04-11-13 11:09 AM

Whoa thats a long post. didnt realize. anyway, ^^ my favourite i think was Theon taking the "Why did You Invade Winterfell" quiz.

lol

hapax_legomena 04-11-13 09:42 PM

None of those are ever funny.

Yoda 04-11-13 10:09 PM

It's adorable that you think people still value your opinion.

DexterRiley 04-11-13 10:19 PM

Originally Posted by hapax_legomena (Post 895245)
fixed

Pyro Tramp 04-13-13 02:47 PM

Bit late to the party on this season.

Second episode was a lot better. First time since first season, not had any gripes at deviations and cuts. Margeary and Joff are nailing the intricacies of their minor characters but Littlefinger is completely off still. Heard a theory that Ros will take Jeyne Pool's role, can see that working in a lot of ways.

Was sceptical on Thoros but Dennis Pennis nailed it, be interesting to see how they portray his following of the Red God and 'powers'.

Didn't like the Reeds too much in the book but they were both great, wonder if and when Rickon and Osha will go separately.

Happy they're making amends for cutting Ramsay from S2, even if it is at the expense of one the best POV/twists of Dance and probably the series.

Fist of First Men is really only gripe so far, considering how they led into it.

Also, A LOT of foreshadowing with throw away lines keep yelping at but then have to cover for non-reader viewers

hapax_legomena 04-13-13 08:42 PM

dat first Theon chapter in Dance.

Pyro Tramp 04-15-13 05:25 PM

Gonna enjoy seeing non-readers reaction at that reveal, as they're seemingly building it up quite a bit now

Yoda 04-15-13 05:26 PM

Having not started the fifth book yet, it's pretty surreal to go from knowing what's going to happen in a given scene to suddenly having no idea. Might have to start reading it sooner than I'd planned to sate my curiosity.

hapax_legomena 04-16-13 10:49 PM

Originally Posted by Pyro Tramp (Post 896686)
Gonna enjoy seeing non-readers reaction at that reveal, as they're seemingly building it up quite a bit now
They're gonna be like ...who?

Austruck 04-16-13 11:04 PM

Originally Posted by Yoda (Post 896688)
Having not started the fifth book yet, it's pretty surreal to go from knowing what's going to happen in a given scene to suddenly having no idea. Might have to start reading it sooner than I'd planned to sate my curiosity.
Same here. Wasn't going to swing right into book 5 (I'm about 80% done with A Feast for Crows), but I think I'll have to. That Theon stuff had me scratching my head because I was sure we hadn't heard from him in quite a while in the books. Glad to read here that it wasn't just me.

My problem now is that I watch these new episodes and I forget all the stuff that hasn't happened yet... that I already know about. That's new for me, although I'm SO glad I'm now reading ahead of the series. Much prefer my exciting reveals to happen while reading rather than watching.

And Dex... that Facebook post was absolutely hilarious. But of course, hapax is above all that unfunny humor, I see. Whatever. I'm not. I laughed out loud and wished it was a longer post! :)

Austruck 04-16-13 11:07 PM

Also, I'm unsure how anyone just watching and not reading can keep all the new folks straight. Then again, Edmure called Robb "nephew" so that helped, and Catelyn called Blackfish "uncle" so that helped....

But honestly, I think I'd be fairly lost if I weren't reading the books. Everyone has grey-green or grey-blue eyes and everyone wears boiled leather jerkins and Myrish lace and everyone japes... and the men have apples in their throats so that Martin doesn't use an anachronism.

Oh wait, that's the books. Never mind.

DexterRiley 04-17-13 10:32 PM

^^^

This site was brought to my attention :

http://towerofthehand.com/

Adjust your scope as to episodes watched and books read as fits.

Austruck 04-18-13 10:45 PM

By the way, with this most recent episode, I loved the scene where Pycelle, Littlefinger, Varys, Cersei and Tyrion meet with Tywin in his meeting room, and they all play Musical Chairs to get the best seat. Watching Cersei pick up a chair and move it around the table to sit next to her father was hysterical, but even better was watching Tyrion draaaaaaag the last chair to the far end of the table and sit there opposite his father.

So much of the casting is perfect that I'm enjoying this season for its little moments more so than the larger ones (most of which haven't happened yet). It may have started a bit slow, but ending with Jaime's missteps trying to connive his way out of his chains gave me that giddy feeling that it's going to start being a GREAT season. :)

One thing, and I'm probably the only one who feels this way: Did anyone else feel the end-music over the credits (the hard-metal-sounding version of "The Bear" song from the books) was almost anachronistic? The feel may have been right, but hearing electric guitars was just ... wrong. Jolts you out of the world right at a moment when you're trying to absorb what just happened to end the episode.

My two cents.

hapax_legomena 04-18-13 10:57 PM

nah it was totally a sweet contrast.

Austruck 04-18-13 11:11 PM

If you HAD found it annoying, would you have admitted it? Probably not. :)

DexterRiley 04-18-13 11:25 PM

Originally Posted by Austruck (Post 897104)
Also, I'm unsure how anyone just watching and not reading can keep all the new folks straight. Then again, Edmure called Robb "nephew" so that helped, and Catelyn called Blackfish "uncle" so that helped....

But honestly, I think I'd be fairly lost if I weren't reading the books. Everyone has grey-green or grey-blue eyes and everyone wears boiled leather jerkins and Myrish lace and everyone japes... and the men have apples in their throats so that Martin doesn't use an anachronism.

Oh wait, that's the books. Never mind.
Originally Posted by DexterRiley (Post 897342)
^^^

This site was brought to my attention :

http://towerofthehand.com/

Adjust your scope as to episodes watched and books read as fits.
Further to that, coming across these nuggets (i believe they are supplements to the DVD release) on YT have helped quite bit for me personally.

Kate Stark/Jon Snow

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VvE-K559X5U
Theon
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ewxtaMmsfXc

Davos Seaworth
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZetHPmFUD18

The First People
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_9AV6NOtYw

Rhaegar Targaryen 04-19-13 01:19 AM

I think the hound Sanza thing is kind of a beauty and the beast thing. He def has a thing for her but knows he'll never have her so that's where the meanest comes in. That and he's incapable of showing emotion. As for Arya she hated him for killing the butcher's boy and she made no secret of it. Just because he has a soft spot for Sanza doesn't mean it extends to Arya.

So what about Dani and trading the dragon. My money is on her burning that ******* to ashes. Pretty sure she understands every word he's saying too. The slave girl says "all men must die" in that language and Dani repeats it in English I believe.

The chair scene was pretty damn good too. This show is unbelievably good and just keeps getting better.

DexterRiley 04-19-13 01:54 AM

I dont pick up that vibe at all. I dont think the hound has a "thing" for Sanza in the slightest.

DexterRiley 04-19-13 03:03 PM

if i could figure out how to resize a gif suitable for avatars, i would.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/30cfa91b6...e2ero1_400.gif

Pyro Tramp 04-19-13 07:07 PM

One of the biggest omissions in Season 2 was Sansa and The Hound. He's endeared inside but bemused mostly to her belief / naivety in all knights being honourable and brave. Which is where Arya contrasts. The Hound is a fantastic sub-character, if not the best. Hope they make of for it this season with Arya.

Speaking of which, must be Hound v Lightning Lord this week!

DexterRiley 04-19-13 10:02 PM

http://25.media.tumblr.com/8466d0c55...a4tmo1_500.jpg

seanc 04-20-13 08:40 PM

Originally Posted by Austruck (Post 897771)
By the way, with this most recent episode, I loved the scene where Pycelle, Littlefinger, Varys, Cersei and Tyrion meet with Tywin in his meeting room, and they all play Musical Chairs to get the best seat. Watching Cersei pick up a chair and move it around the table to sit next to her father was hysterical, but even better was watching Tyrion draaaaaaag the last chair to the far end of the table and sit there opposite his father.

So much of the casting is perfect that I'm enjoying this season for its little moments more so than the larger ones (most of which haven't happened yet). It may have started a bit slow, but ending with Jaime's missteps trying to connive his way out of his chains gave me that giddy feeling that it's going to start being a GREAT season. :)

One thing, and I'm probably the only one who feels this way: Did anyone else feel the end-music over the credits (the hard-metal-sounding version of "The Bear" song from the books) was almost anachronistic? The feel may have been right, but hearing electric guitars was just ... wrong. Jolts you out of the world right at a moment when you're trying to absorb what just happened to end the episode.

My two cents.
The music was jarring and it took me a minute to figure out what song it was. I did enjoy it after a few seconds though. Really good episode. Thus far I am enjoying the television show more than I did the first half of the third book. That is the first time I can say that in this series. Although I enjoyed the first two seasons I thought they paled in comparison to the novels. I hope they keep it up because although I love the second half of Storm of Swords, I really did not enjoy A Feast of Crows at all.

Yoda 04-20-13 08:41 PM

They did the same thing with "The Rains of Castamere" before, though it was less overtly modern than this one.

I was surprised by the tune of "The Bear and the Maiden Fair." It was quite different in my head. And (dare I say!) better.

Austruck 04-20-13 09:28 PM

I didn't mind the tune of that closing credits rendition -- it was just the electric guitars. And I liked the song as a song -- just felt jarring, as Sean said, and this show hasn't really done that sort of thing before. They're careful to keep this world as its own world, much as Martin does. I mean, he doesn't even use the term "Adam's apple" because it would hearken to our world.

However, I did like the nods to the Great Pyramid and even what I thought might have been Stonehenge in AFFC.

They are definitely going to have a tough time keeping viewers' attention with AFFC since it diverges so much from the stuff we're used to and attached to. Am curious to see how they start mixing things up to possibly avoid that issue -- seems they've done a little shuffling already....

Pyro Tramp 04-21-13 05:45 AM

You've not read Dance, have you? Should work as they can merge the timelines in the show and throw in the more exciting bits. They wouldn't be able to a Season with only half the cast, TV can't cope with the frustration book readers had!

DexterRiley 04-21-13 12:24 PM

I havent read the books, but from the comments i see most often from those that have, the only way the producers could cover all the bases is to have 22 2hr episode seasons for each book.

Which isn't at all remotely realistic.

anyways, for the chuckle factor :

In a World where Game of Thrones ruled the airwaves:

http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/b...psa4b1297c.jpg

http://25.media.tumblr.com/bef2e9876...5gkjo4_500.gif

http://24.media.tumblr.com/cb737008d...5gkjo5_500.gif

http://24.media.tumblr.com/b91ff09e6...5gkjo6_500.gif

http://24.media.tumblr.com/1db58fb3a...5gkjo1_500.gif

http://25.media.tumblr.com/f61a39d63...5gkjo2_500.gif

Austruck 04-21-13 04:51 PM

Originally Posted by Pyro Tramp (Post 898427)
You've not read Dance, have you? Should work as they can merge the timelines in the show and throw in the more exciting bits. They wouldn't be able to a Season with only half the cast, TV can't cope with the frustration book readers had!
I've finally started A Dance With Dragons ... and Martin does say right in the beginning that it's concurrent with A Feast for Crows, but with mostly the OTHER characters. Makes sense, and makes me feel better.

And makes me realize I'd just better catch up with Martin ASAP so I don't see something on the show that they have rearranged from the books (like the Theon stuff already this season!)....

Too soon I am going to be playing the waiting game for The Winds of Winter with everyone else. And that'll be two major authors I'm following who are writing lengthy, big-book series who take 3-4 years between books! Why can't I follow authors who churn out two books a year? LOL

hapax_legomena 04-23-13 10:15 AM

howimetyourmotherjonsnow.jpg
Implying Ned is actually Jon's father lel

Yoda 04-23-13 10:25 AM

hapax has received a two day ban for posting spoilers, albeit mild ones, shortly after I warned him about posting those exact same spoilers. I've deleted the post in question, as well.

Austruck 04-23-13 11:38 AM

Thanks. I got that email notification of his post and read part of it. I realize we're posting here about the TV show, but that shouldn't mean someone should be allowed to post spoilers about the books.

Ironically, the show itself gave us some spoilers for the books by putting some things out of book-order, even if they might be in chronological order. And that was my point, even if he tried to deny that it had happened.

DexterRiley 04-23-13 11:39 AM

Terriffic episode, however im thoroughly flummoxed over these story arcs :

1-Margery dangled her brother as a suitor to sansa, but, A- He doesnt like girls, and B- he's a member of the Kings guard, which to my understanding means he gave up the right to marry or be in line for titles. (now most of the last part i got from teh tywin/trion confab, so maybe thats just the rule of the Lannisters)

2-Theon. so he was on the cross getting tortured, was sprung free, and then returned.

What the ever loven heck? At first i thought the torturer guys wanted to know for sure for sure that bron and his brother are indeed dead, but watching it a second time, Theon volunteered that nugget.

Theres a neat parallel between Theon and Jon Snow going on. Both men are profoundly indebted to the man that raised them, while neither truly has a home to call their own.

and the men without banner guys that captured the hound. If they have no allegiance to anyone that is waging war to get to the throne, then why is Arya held in such high regard?

And finally my sweet Khaleesi, Kings landing is a long long long ways away. You have the army, but wheres the fleet of ships to carry em all coming from?

Austruck 04-23-13 11:59 AM

Dexter, you're asking the right questions, I think. From the books, let me clarify a little of what I can (some, I can't):

1. Yes, you're right on all counts. Loras doesn't like girls. Offhand, that wouldn't keep him from marrying Sansa, though, in this culture/world, would it?

Also, yes, the Kingsguard swear to not hold land or title or to marry. It's part of what Tyrion was asking of his father: Since Jaime can't be heir to Casterly Rock, Tyrion is the logical heir. Except, not to Tywin's mind.

Margaery is, I think, mostly trying to win Sansa's favor and trust.

2. Think about the Theon story a bit, the way they've shown it. He helps Theon escape, knowing the others will follow. When they catch up, he kills them all and, unbeknownst to Theon, escorts him right back where he was. He announces that he got Theon but that Theon killed the others. So, not only does Theon look worse than before, but HE looks like the hero for capturing Theon.

As for the men without banners: Just because they have no strong allegiance doesn't mean they disregard the caste system that's been in place for centuries. A lord's daughter (unless he was a despised lord) would still mean something to them all. And as keeps coming up, Ned Stark was at least respected by even most of his enemies. The Starks are not universally hated like the Lannisters seem to be.

My take on it, anyway.

As for Dany and her army... We will have to wait and see how she gets 8K soldiers back to Westeros. LOVED watching her start spewing Valyrian, finally! HA!

DexterRiley 04-23-13 12:07 PM

Khaleesi speaking Valryrian is the stuff girl girl dreams are made of.

(srry yodes :D)

Sleezy 04-24-13 12:04 PM

Originally Posted by DexterRiley (Post 898986)
1-Margery dangled her brother as a suitor to sansa, but, A- He doesnt like girls, and B- he's a member of the Kings guard, which to my understanding means he gave up the right to marry or be in line for titles. (now most of the last part i got from teh tywin/trion confab, so maybe thats just the rule of the Lannisters)
Loras Tyrell isn't currently a member of the Kingsguard in the TV series, though in the books he is (he's granted a place after the Battle of the Blackwater, especially since there are... ahem... some openings). For this reason, in the books Margaery and the Lady Olenna offer to have Sansa betrothed to Willas Tyrell, eldest son of Mace Tyrell and heir to Highgarden.

I'm guessing they'll just omit the Willas angle from the series entirely and focus instead on Loras, who viewers are already familiar with.

Originally Posted by DexterRiley
2-Theon. so he was on the cross getting tortured, was sprung free, and then returned. What the ever loven heck?
They've bungled this a bit, in my opinion. It seems the writers have wanted what's happening to Theon to be a tease, and I can see the value in that, but they've really drawn it out. The basic idea is... he's in for some rough treatment. The guy who seemed to be helping him at first is, unquestionably, a very very bad person. Those who have read the books already know this.

Originally Posted by DexterRiley
and the men without banner guys that captured the hound. If they have no allegiance to anyone that is waging war to get to the throne, then why is Arya held in such high regard?
The Brotherhood Without Banners isn't totally neutral. They're primarily opposed to Lannister forces, who have burned villages and brutalized the smallfolk since the war began. Remember, Beric Dondarrion was originally sent by Eddard Stark (then Hand of the King) to hunt down Gregor Clegane (a Lannister dog) and stop his raiding in the Riverlands.

That said, in the books the Brotherhood does eventually start hanging Stark bannermen, but only those who have taken to burning and pillaging too. You can chalk these actions up to the wandering forces of Roose Bolton and others, not soldiers of Winterfell.

Also, in the book, the Brotherhood holds Arya because they want to ransom her to her mother's family, the Tullys, in Riverrun. (They need the coin, being an outlaw group and all.) This could be the reason they're holding her in the TV series as well, but I can see Austruck's reasoning too: that she's a lord's daughter (and that lord is Ned Stark, who sent them on their mission in the first place), so she'd be worth scooping off the road out of honor and decency.

Austruck 04-24-13 02:02 PM

I was reasoning based more on what little we've seen in the show. (I never know how much to post about the books here since we're really discussing the show ... but you can't really separate them well if you're engaging in both.)

I think there can be two reasons for holding onto Arya -- the money and not wanting to be the types who start murdering little lordling girls. I mean, c'mon.... :)

Great post, Sleezy.

Pyro Tramp 04-24-13 07:03 PM

I wouldn't worry too much about the Tyrell marriage, it's all playing the 'game' - anything mentioned in Kings Landing is more conjecture/turn taking between characters than a definitive course of action.

The BwoB, i'd say, are keeping Arya more for themselves and gain than loyalty or honour, which their using more as a disguise to their goals. Whether the show will touch on this before her next chapter. Not sure where they'll take this group considering it seems Mel will be visiting them shortly. Only vaguely alluded to Thoros being a Red Priest.

The Theon story at the moment is trying to make amends for cutting out a chunk of book 2. The story of the 'boy' posing as an ally to Theon whilst he's captured Winterfell, only to be betray him served to set up a very twisted character and his mindset. And was also one of the many great twists. Up until now they seem to be putting in the groundwork for the 'boy' character as in the books. Dagmet (Finchy from The Office) took a lot of the 'boys' role over in Season 2.

DexterRiley 04-24-13 08:42 PM

Originally Posted by DexterRiley (Post 892387)
I found this as entertaining as it was helpful.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mnfYj-cHM5c
Game of Thrones: Epic History: Lannisters: p1/2 Tytos and Tywin Lannister

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v9q4Ht-W164

DexterRiley 04-25-13 08:42 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kR9tn6Ms-2g

DexterRiley 04-25-13 06:42 PM

http://static.happyplace.com/assets/...6c86e76bfc.jpg
http://static.happyplace.com/assets/...6c88975752.jpg
http://static.happyplace.com/assets/...6c8a81d892.jpg
http://static.happyplace.com/assets/...6d7504e33d.jpg

:laugh:

hapax_legomena 04-25-13 06:58 PM

Originally Posted by Yoda (Post 898980)
hapax has received a two day ban for posting spoilers, albeit mild ones, shortly after I warned him about posting those exact same spoilers. I've deleted the post in question, as well.
A few things:

1. I got banned for a theory/speculation. None of this even happens physically in the books; it's only a visualization of some bits and pieces that were implied. Before last episode this was only a spoiler because it implied that the entire thing with Theon and the mysterious janitor was just a ruse. We now know that it was.
2. If you watch the show or have only read the first book, the name [REDACTED] means absolutely nothing to you, therefore you cannot be spoiled.
3. If you read the books from Clash onwards, then you already know that Theon's current storyline is show-only, and can piece together the same theory I posted without issue.

So thanks for deleting my post you dolt.

Originally Posted by Sleezy (Post 899279)
They've bungled this a bit, in my opinion. It seems the writers have wanted what's happening to Theon to be a tease, and I can see the value in that, but they've really drawn it out. The basic idea is... he's in for some rough treatment. The guy who seemed to be helping him at first is, unquestionably, a very very bad person. Those who have read the books already know this.
Theon has mentioned these type of "hunts" in Dance. I only think it would have felt drawn out if it lasted one more episode than it did. Which it obviosly didn't, fortunately. For something that is technically "made up", I'd say they are pacing it well, and doing a pretty good job so far overall with Theon's story. Remember, this "made up" story has to make it to the end of this season and carry on into the next without jumping too far into Dance.

Yoda 04-25-13 07:41 PM

Originally Posted by hapax_legomena (Post 899722)
1. I got banned for a theory/speculation. None of this even happens physically in the books; it's only a visualization of some bits and pieces that were implied. Before last episode this was only a spoiler because it implied that the entire thing with Theon and the mysterious janitor was just a ruse. We now know that it was.
Odd to start your paragraph by claiming you didn't post a spoiler, and then going on to explain the way in which it was, in fact, a spoiler. And the person still hasn't been identified, either.

Even so, I overlooked it the first time and sent you a PM about it. You ignored the PM and posted it again. So if you really wanted to clear things up or offer any clarification, you had a perfect opportunity to do it. You opted instead to do the exact same thing over again without explanation. That was bizarre. So you can direct any complaints to the nearest reflective surface.

2. If you watch the show or have only read the first book, the name [REDACTED] means absolutely nothing to you, therefore you cannot be spoiled.
Nope; the character in question is mentioned in the second season. And even if they hadn't been, it'd still be a spoiler, for at least two reasons, both of which you shouldn't need me to explain.

3. If you read the books from Clash onwards, then you already know that Theon's current storyline is show-only, and can piece together the same theory I posted without issue.
You can piece together lots of things that may or may not happen, and a great many of the show's watchers have not read those books. Thus, it's a spoiler. This isn't complicated.

So thanks for deleting my post you dolt.
This is your one freebie insult of a moderator for daring to enforce the rules. Next one's gonna be another ban; maybe temporary, maybe not.

Austruck 04-25-13 08:34 PM

Dexter, I just adore those fake Facebook posts. I laugh all the way through at the use of nearly every FB element -- and wise, hilarious use, too.

Thanks for posting those. I never want them to end. Loved the "Brotherhood without Due Process." :)