Movie Forums (http://www.movieforums.com/community/index.php)
-   Intermission: Miscellaneous Chat (http://www.movieforums.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Are you a Narcissist? (http://www.movieforums.com/community/showthread.php?t=45399)

Citizen Rules 04-26-16 09:30 PM

Are you a Narcissist?

A fun test, take it if you dare.

Narcissistic personality test

CiCi 04-26-16 09:40 PM

Re: Are you a Narcissist?

9 out of 40!

Authority and superiority were my highest scorers, I scored literally nothing for vanity on the other hand, though :lol:

Miss Vicky 04-26-16 10:30 PM

11 out of 40

My highest score was "entitlement" followed by "self sufficiency." Hmm.

Citizen Rules 04-26-16 10:39 PM

We got to get SC to take this test:D

Camo 04-26-16 10:41 PM

Originally Posted by Citizen Rules (Post 1502677)
You defiitely are buddy :)

Captain Steel 04-26-16 10:45 PM

8 out of 40.

On the graph, I scored highest on "Superiority" but didn't even register on "Exhibitionism" or "Exploitativeness."

Sexy Celebrity 04-26-16 10:45 PM

Originally Posted by Citizen Rules (Post 1502677)
Why?

Citizen Rules 04-26-16 10:47 PM

Because I couldn't think of any way to trick you into taking this test;)

Sexy Celebrity 04-26-16 10:51 PM

Take it for me.

Captain Steel 04-26-16 10:53 PM

I end up delving into how these things work: for instance, a question that probably effects the score for vanity is the one about looking in the mirror.

The common concept is probably that people who spend a lot of time looking in the mirror are more vane. But the opposite could be just as true - people with a "Body Dysmorphic Disorder" spend a lot of time looking in the mirror, but not because they like what they see, but because they don't.

I don't have a dysmorphic disorder (as far as I know), but I feel like I look in the mirror a lot, but not because I like the reflection - it's more like I'm looking for flaws, or wondering why there are cowlicks in my hair, or upset that I still have acne, or observing how my weight gain has changed me from how I used to look, or wondering how bad my double chin looks to others & what to do about it, or wondering why I have broken blood vessels, etc.

Citizen Rules 04-26-16 10:59 PM

Being somewhat narcissistic is a good thing. Many celebrities and most politicians have a far amount of narcissism. It's kind of a buzz word that's been misused. The opposite of narcissism is...well I'm not sure what is it? But it wouldn't be healthy to be the antithesis of it.

Captain Steel 04-26-16 11:00 PM

Looking at what I just wrote - I see that an argument could be made that "vanity" could apply whether the opinion about the reflection is positive or negative. Or whether the motivation for looking is for adoration or self-incrimination.

Either way, you may be looking a lot because you're in love with the reflection (like the classic "Narcissus") or you're obsessing about how you look, about your flaws or how you appear to others which could be interpreted as another form of vanity.

Sexy Celebrity 04-26-16 11:02 PM

Originally Posted by Miss Vicky (Post 1502667)
11 out of 40
That's high. That's a narcissist for sure.

Citizen Rules 04-26-16 11:06 PM

I'll take this test if you do SC, you first.

Sexy Celebrity 04-26-16 11:07 PM

Originally Posted by Citizen Rules (Post 1502703)
I'll take this test if you do SC, you first.
You started this thread. You found the test. You have to take it.

Captain Steel 04-26-16 11:08 PM

Originally Posted by Citizen Rules (Post 1502699)
Being somewhat narcissistic is a good thing. Many celebrities and most politicians have a far amount of narcissism. It's kind of a buzz word that's been misused. The opposite of narcissism is...well I'm not sure what is it? But it wouldn't be healthy to be the antithesis of it.
Low self-esteem or an inferiority complex.
As with everything, the key is balance. Extremes in either direction become unhealthy.

I lean toward modesty, quiet confidence and humility.

But I find I'm majorly turned off by others who display arrogance or attention seeking: braggarts, show offs, those who flaunt their wealth, those who are flamboyant, know-it-alls, those who feel they don't need to listen to anyone else, anyone who feels they have the right to order others about, who feel they're in a position to manipulate others, or who feel entitled to an unwarranted degree of attention or respect without earning it.

Camo 04-26-16 11:11 PM

Well i hate all three of you :D

Camo 04-26-16 11:11 PM

Except SC and Citizen and Captain!

Citizen Rules 04-26-16 11:15 PM

Originally Posted by Sexy Celebrity (Post 1502704)
You started this thread. You found the test. You have to take it.
I already took it a long time ago. We might be kindred spirits. You'll never know unless you take it.

Sexy Celebrity 04-26-16 11:17 PM

Oh... I KNOW you're a narcissist, Citizen Rules.....

Citizen Rules 04-26-16 11:19 PM

Originally Posted by Captain Steel (Post 1502705)
.I lean toward modesty, quiet confidence and humility. That sounds accurate, that's how you seem to me.
But I find I'm majorly turned off by others who display arrogance or attention seeking: braggarts, show offs, those who flaunt their wealth, those who are flamboyant, know-it-alls, those who feel they don't need to listen to anyone else, anyone who feels they have the right to order others about, who feel they're in a position to manipulate others, or who feel entitled to an unwarranted degree of attention or respect without earning it.
Geez I hope I don't have too many of those traits.

Camo 04-26-16 11:21 PM

Stop being boring hopefully you have all of those traits :p

Captain Steel 04-26-16 11:22 PM

Originally Posted by Citizen Rules (Post 1502714)
I already took it a long time ago. We might be kindred spirits. You'll never know unless you take it.
Well... he'll only know how he rates on THIS test.

I say that because I don't put a lot of faith in online tests (or any type of multiple choice questionnaire) as a be-all-end-all determinant of a person's inner psyche. They're fun (and I understand that's the intention) but shouldn't be taken too seriously.

At least this test was better than a lot of online tests - I hate those ones where you spend 15 or 20 minutes filling it out and at the end they ask you to register or submit your e-mail or buy magazine subscriptions if you want to find out how you did! ;)

Sexy Celebrity 04-26-16 11:22 PM

I wanna see your score, Citizen.

Citizen Rules 04-26-16 11:23 PM

Ha! some maybe. I have little money, so I know I can't flaunt my wealth:eek:

Captain Steel 04-26-16 11:25 PM

Originally Posted by Camo (Post 1502721)
Stop being boring hopefully you have all of those traits :p
People with all those traits are often celebrities... or wealthy people who are often in the news... or... Donald Trump! :D

Citizen Rules 04-26-16 11:27 PM

I actually like Trumps' moxie. I just don't like his policies.

Captain Steel 04-26-16 11:28 PM

Originally Posted by Citizen Rules (Post 1502729)
I actually like Trumps' moxie. I just don't like his policies.
I think he'd score high on this test!

Citizen Rules 04-26-16 11:32 PM

Him and Hillary too. But not poor Bernie.

Captain Steel 04-26-16 11:54 PM

Originally Posted by Citizen Rules (Post 1502732)
Him and Hillary too. But not poor Bernie.
I think Hillary only knows about things like humility, empathy and compassion because she read the words in a book, or her handlers have advised her to attempt to visually project these attributes after explaining what they might look like. I doubt she's ever felt one of them.

The Sci-Fi Slob 04-27-16 12:23 AM

30 out of 40! That can't be right!

Omnizoa 04-27-16 01:13 AM

I don't like some of the options.

I am essentially a modest person.
A narcissist WOULD say that.

If I ruled the world it would be a better place.
No ****. Government policy is 90% terrible compromises.

I like to look at my body.
Why is this weighted the same as any other question when this literally defines the story of Narcissus?

I am an extraordinary person.
Not DIFFERENT, friggen' EXTRAORDINARY.

AboveTheClouds 04-27-16 01:32 AM

I expect a great deal from other people.
I like to do things for other people.
That question is just bad, I don't expect anything from anyone and I don't like to do things for others.

I am going to be a great person.
I hope I am going to be successful.
Another weak one, I'm perfectly content to just wake up in a comfortable bed and to spend the day being me, aspirations be damned.

15/40 was my final score, 0 points into vanity and my highest was exploitativeness. I think that comes from having a childhood where any advantage was a good one.

foster 04-27-16 01:48 AM

23/40

mistique 04-27-16 04:41 AM

7 out of 40.

Omnizoa 04-27-16 05:12 AM

By the logic of this test, it's a point towards narcissistic superiority to call it a terrible test.

I got 12/40, answering as best I could.

http://personality-testing.info/test...=0&F7=3℅

Assertiveness =/= Narcissism.

Why are the only options "same as everbody else" and "center of attention"? Why can't I just be different?

mistique 04-27-16 05:22 AM

^ Yeah it's not really that nuanced a test. You can easily tell which answers will make you a narcissist. So if you're an extrovert and enjoy being the center of attention, too bad. and same with if you aspire to be a leader or you if you like looking at yourself in the mirror.

Mr Minio 04-27-16 06:24 AM

11 out of 40

http://i.imgur.com/d4IwfiO.png

DON'T QUESTION MY SUPERIORITY!!!

The Rodent 04-27-16 06:49 AM

21/40.

Means I'm pretty much 50/50 in terms of narcissistic behaviour.

Interesting thing though is on the bottom graph, I have maximum Authority, Self-Sufficiency, Superiority, Exploitativeness and Entitlement...

... and I have zero Exhibitionism and Vanity.

Omnizoa 04-27-16 07:31 AM

I could rate myself more accurately in those same areas.

I strongly favor self-sufficiency, I'm relatively exploitative, and I definitely stick out in a crowd, but vanity should be dead zero.

How do you seriously expect to measure some of these qualities though?

Entitlement? As in questions like, "I expect a lot from other people"? That pretty relative isn't it? Isn't it "a lot" to expect common courtesy and common sense from people where such things aren't that common?

If I'm on the street I don't exactly expect anything from a random passerby, but what if most of my life is dominated by a job where I'm in charge of multiple people who I depend on to get the lead out as circumstances dictate? It'd be entirely fair to say that I expect a lot of other people, especially if they're generally uncooperative people.

honeykid 04-27-16 08:35 AM

I'm not according to the test I took, but my therapist was very surprised that was the case. :D

Hit Girl 04-27-16 09:04 AM

2 out of 40 That's what I figured.

Gatsby 04-27-16 10:16 AM

I got 7 out of 40. Expected this kind of low score.

The Sci-Fi Slob 04-27-16 11:39 AM

Originally Posted by Hit Girl (Post 1502916)
2 out of 40 That's what I figured.
You've missed a 9 off the end there. Shame on you!;)

TONGO 04-27-16 11:41 AM

Weird, I dont like taking orders, I dont like giving them either, but theres no 3rd option. DOH!

Yoda 04-27-16 11:41 AM

Probably.

TONGO 04-27-16 11:44 AM

I scored a 7

Hm, I thought itd be higher

The Sci-Fi Slob 04-27-16 11:56 AM

Originally Posted by Yoda (Post 1502989)
Probably.
Probably what?

Yoda 04-27-16 11:58 AM

I'm probably a narcissist.

TONGO 04-27-16 12:19 PM

Originally Posted by Yoda (Post 1502999)
I'm probably a narcissist.
Mm, its the weight loss. You lost a ton of weight and someones self worth skyrockets after that. So go eat a donut :p

Citizen Rules 04-27-16 01:50 PM

I should have taken the test before I linked it. That wasn't the test I took a year ago, which was a better one. I agree some of those questions were too narrow in their focus. My score 20, out of 40.

If anybody knows of a better test, please post a link.

ashdoc 04-27-16 02:42 PM

forget narcissm . psychopathy is more interesting .

answer this correctly and you are a psychopath---

This is a genuine psychological test. It is a story about a girl.

While at the funeral of her own mother, she met a guy whom she did not know.

She thought this guy was amazing, so much her dream guy she believed him to be, that she fell in love with him there and then ...but she did not take his phone number and did not know how to contact him again . A few days later, the girl killed her own sister.

Question: What is her motive in killing her sister?

Citizen Rules 04-27-16 02:49 PM

WARNING: "My Answer" spoilers below
The motive is unknown based on the limited facts in the story.

Sexy Celebrity 04-27-16 02:53 PM

Originally Posted by ashdoc

She thought this guy was amazing, so much her dream guy she believed him to be, that she fell in love with him there and then ...but she did not take his phone number and did not know how to contact him again . A few days later, the girl killed her own sister.

So the dream guy would come to her sister's funeral and she'd remember to get his phone number then.

gbgoodies 04-27-16 02:55 PM

Originally Posted by ashdoc (Post 1503063)
forget narcissm . psychopathy is more interesting .

answer this correctly and you are a psychopath---

Originally Posted by Citizen Rules (Post 1503064)
WARNING: "My Answer" spoilers below
The motive is unknown based on the limited facts in the story.

WARNING: "SPOILERS!!!" spoilers below
I disagree. I think the motive is clear.

The man is the girl's father, but she'd never met him before the funeral. So she killed her sister so he would come to the sister's funeral, and she could see her father again.

matt72582 04-27-16 03:02 PM

I wouldn't have guessed that!

Sexy Celebrity 04-27-16 03:04 PM

No.... the guy is not her father. "Dream guy." That's not a father.

ashdoc 04-27-16 03:05 PM

Originally Posted by Sexy Celebrity (Post 1503065)
So the dream guy would come to her sister's funeral and she'd remember to get his phone number then.
this is the correct answer . but if you have checked this story on the internet and posted the answer , then you are a narcissist . because then the urge to give the correct answer and be lauded as 'clever' among MOFOs is so great in you that you are ready to be diagnosed as a psychopath in that urge .

but if you did not check the answer on the internet and if came from your mind then you are a psychopath .

so you know now , whether you are a narcissist or a psychopath :D

Citizen Rules 04-27-16 03:08 PM

Originally Posted by ashdoc (Post 1503074)
this is the correct answer
No it's not. It's the obvious one. The only correct answer is the one I gave: there's not enough info in the question to determine her motive.

gbgoodies 04-27-16 03:09 PM

this is the correct answer . but if you have checked this story on the internet and posted the answer , then you are a narcissist . because then the urge to give the correct answer and be lauded as 'clever' among MOFOs is so great in you that you are ready to be diagnosed as a psychopath in that urge .

but if you did not check the answer on the internet and if came from your mind then you are a psychopath .

Originally Posted by Sexy Celebrity (Post 1503072)

Just being her "dream guy" doesn't guarantee that he would come to the sister's funeral. Just because he knew the mother, it doesn't mean that he even knew that the sister existed, especially if the girl had never met him before.

There would have to be some reason why he would come to the sister's funeral. That's why he would be the girl's father. That would make him the girl's sister's father too, so he would come to her funeral.

Sexy Celebrity 04-27-16 03:10 PM

but if you did not check the answer on the internet and if came from your mind then you are a psychopath

Hmmmm...... which one do you guys think I am?

ashdoc 04-27-16 03:13 PM

Originally Posted by gbgoodies (Post 1503079)
Just being her "dream guy" doesn't guarantee that he would come to the sister's funeral. Just because he knew the mother, it doesn't mean that he even knew that the sister existed, especially if the girl had never met him before.

There would have to be some reason why he would come to the sister's funeral. That's why he would be the girl's father. That would make him the girl's sister's father too, so he would come to her funeral.
you cant change the story . i have already written in the story that she is in love with him .

gbgoodies 04-27-16 03:13 PM

Originally Posted by Sexy Celebrity (Post 1503072)
Yes, a "dream guy" could be her father. Children who have never met their father dream about what they would be like, and he was everything that she dreamed he would be.

Originally Posted by Citizen Rules (Post 1503078)
No it's not. It's the obvious one. The only correct answer is the one I gave: there's not enough info in the question to determine her motive.
There is enough motive. You just have to figure out why the guy would go to the girl's sister's funeral, and if he's the father, then he's the father of both girls, so he would go to his daughter's funeral.

Sexy Celebrity 04-27-16 03:14 PM

GBG's story sounds similarly demented to the correct story, I must say. In both cases, the girl kills her sister so the man will come to the funeral and she can see him again.

Citizen Rules 04-27-16 03:16 PM

Originally Posted by Citizen Rules
There is enough motive. You just have to figure out why the guy would go to the girl's sister's funeral, and if he's the father, then he's the father of both girls, so he would go to his daughter's funeral
.But the guy could be at the funeral for many reasons. By mistake, because he enjoyed funerals, so any answer is only a guess.

Sexy Celebrity 04-27-16 03:16 PM

I don't believe your logic at all, GBG. There's nothing in that story that gives away the fact that the man is her father. I simply think that's all in your imagination. You WANT him to be the father. It is your projection.

Citizen Rules 04-27-16 03:17 PM

Originally Posted by Sexy Celebrity (Post 1503085)
GBG's story sounds similarly demented to the correct story, I must say. In both cases, the girl kills her sister so the man will come to the funeral and she can see him again.
Did she or you, Google it? I didn't because that's not the point of the question.

gbgoodies 04-27-16 03:17 PM

Originally Posted by ashdoc (Post 1503083)
you cant change the story . i have already written in the story that she is in love with him .

Children love their parents.

Your answer makes no sense. There's no guarantee that he would go to the sister's funeral if there's no relationship between the guy and the sister.

gbgoodies 04-27-16 03:19 PM

Originally Posted by Citizen Rules (Post 1503088)
Did she or you, Google it? I didn't because that's not the point of the question.

No, I didn't Google it. It was just the first thing that popped into my mind. (I watch a lot of detective shows, so that's just how my mind works.)

Sexy Celebrity 04-27-16 03:20 PM

Anyway, just to admit it -- I guess I am a narcissist.

I DID know the correct answer to that question. I've seen it on the internet before. And I did say the correct answer just to make you all worry for a second that I might be a psychopath. Just for fun. I've asked other people that question before to test them. The first time I heard the question, I didn't give the psychopath answer. I said something like, "Oh, she killed the sister out of jealousy or something -- the sister was close to the dream guy and the other sister was jealous."

That's not the psychopath answer.

I forgot about the part (or maybe I just didn't even know) that if you already know the answer and you say it, it means you're a narcissist. So I guess you caught me there.

gbgoodies 04-27-16 03:23 PM

Originally Posted by Citizen Rules (Post 1503086)
.But the guy could be at the funeral for many reasons. By mistake, because he enjoyed funerals, so any answer is only a guess.
Originally Posted by Sexy Celebrity (Post 1503087)
I don't believe your logic at all, GBG. There's nothing in that story that gives away the fact that the man is her father. I simply think that's all in your imagination. You WANT him to be the father. It is your projection.

But that's the point. Why is the girl so sure that he will show up at her sister's funeral? Unless there's some relationship between them, she could kill her sister and he wouldn't show up at her funeral anyway.

The story won't point it out. You have to use logic to figure out why she is so sure that he would come to her sister's funeral. If there's nothing between them, why would the girl even think that he would show up at her sister's funeral? Most people don't go to funerals unless they have a reason to be there.

ashdoc 04-27-16 03:23 PM

Originally Posted by gbgoodies (Post 1503089)
Children love their parents.

Your answer makes no sense. There's no guarantee that he would go to the sister's funeral if there's no relationship between the guy and the sister.
that is what psychopathy is all about . the girl is wiling to kill her own sister for a remote chance of seeing the guy again .

gbgoodies 04-27-16 03:25 PM

Originally Posted by ashdoc (Post 1503096)
that is what psychopathy is all about . the girl is wiling to kill her own sister for a remote chance of seeing the guy again .

That's just stupid. Most psychopaths aren't that dumb.

Citizen Rules 04-27-16 03:26 PM

It's a bogus test, sorry Ashdoc but it is. If someone knows the answer then it's only a test of your memory. And if they Google it, it just shows their curious, not narcissistic.

BTW, I hope none of you find yourself on a murder jury;) because based on the very limited facts of the story:

We can only guess the motive. It would be narcissistic to believe someone knew the correct answer, without facts (but it's normal to guess at it).

We need some more MoFos taking this test. However...if the question is worded like this:

Question: What could be her motive in killing her sister? Then it becomes a valid test of response. As written it's flawed.

ashdoc 04-27-16 03:28 PM

Originally Posted by Sexy Celebrity (Post 1503093)
I forgot about the part (or maybe I just didn't even know) that if you already know the answer and you say it, it means you're a narcissist. So I guess you caught me there.
no , such a test ( the narcissist part ) did not exist till it came to my fertile imagination while answering the thread .

lets christen it as 'ashdoc's test of narcissism' ;)

Sexy Celebrity 04-27-16 03:33 PM

The test is about whatever your mind can conjure up. It's like an inkblot test -- those papers where ink is spilled on them and you're supposed to tell the psychiatrist what you see.

You fill in the blanks.

There isn't really a correct answer, per se..... it's just that the answer of "she killed her sister so the dream guy would come to her dead sister's funeral and she could get his phone number then" was a common answer given to psychiatrists by actual psychopaths. Actual murderers and such commonly gave that answer. So that's why it's the "correct" answer to the test, to see if you're a psychopath. If you say that answer, you think like people who actually have murdered other people. You have the same kind of thought process like them.

Sexy Celebrity 04-27-16 03:35 PM

Originally Posted by ashdoc (Post 1503099)
no , such a test ( the narcissist part ) did not exist till it came to my fertile imagination while answering the thread .

lets christen it as 'ashdoc's test of narcissism' ;)
I see. Well, that's interesting. Since you just made it up, I guess that means I might not be a narcissist, then.

gbgoodies 04-27-16 03:35 PM

Originally Posted by Citizen Rules (Post 1503098)
It's a bogus test, sorry Ashdoc but it is. If someone knows the answer then it's only a test of your memory. And if they Google it, it just shows their curious, not narcissistic.

BTW, I hope none of you find yourself on a murder jury;) because based on the very limited facts of the story:

We can only guess the motive. It would be narcissistic to believe someone knew the correct answer, without facts (but it's normal to guess at it).

We need some more MoFos taking this test. However...if the question is worded like this:

Question: What could be her motive in killing her sister? Then it becomes a valid test of response. As written it's flawed.

Another possibility is that the guy is the sister's boyfriend, husband, etc., and she killed her sister to get her out of the way. But either way, there has to be some reason why she's so sure that the guy would come to her sister's funeral. He can't just be some random guy.

TONGO 04-27-16 03:36 PM

Originally Posted by ashdoc (Post 1503096)

I have to agree with GBG, thats rock hard stupid. I dont know what out of touch with the world psychologist would think that a deductive answer, or even a detective thinking that a real motive. If the guy was both the girls Dad then itd make sense, with information given.

gbgoodies 04-27-16 03:37 PM

Originally Posted by Sexy Celebrity (Post 1503093)
Anyway, just to admit it -- I guess I am a narcissist.

I DID know the correct answer to that question. I've seen it on the internet before. And I did say the correct answer just to make you all worry for a second that I might be a psychopath. Just for fun. I've asked other people that question before to test them. The first time I heard the question, I didn't give the psychopath answer. I said something like, "Oh, she killed the sister out of jealousy or something -- the sister was close to the dream guy and the other sister was jealous."

That's not the psychopath answer.

Originally Posted by Sexy Celebrity (Post 1503102)
I see. Well, that's interesting. Since you just made it up, I guess that means I might not be a narcissist, then.

There are some questions that we don't need a random test on the internet to answer. :lol:

Sexy Celebrity 04-27-16 03:42 PM

I shouldn't have said the answer. I'd like to know what everyone else would have said to it.

Citizen Rules 04-27-16 03:46 PM

Are you a psychologist Ashdoc?....
Originally Posted by ashdoc
Your story doesn't say that was her motive. The killing of her sister might be unrelated. This is why Orson is my avatar.

Sexy Celebrity 04-27-16 03:52 PM

It's called a relational psychological test, I think. It's the kind of test where you hear a story and you're supposed to fill in the blanks for what happens. The things you fill in the blank.... say stuff about you. You are bringing out unconscious aspects of your personality through the additions you add to the story. Like, if you say the girl killed her sister to get a large sum of money, the money aspect you colored in says something about your psychological makeup, your mind's unconscious roots. With GBG, she mentioned a father. A psychiatrist (or psychologist) would think that might mean GBG has some kind of issue involving fathers, maybe her own dad. 'Cause there's really nothing in the story that talks about a dad. It's just where her mind went when she went searching for answers.

Captain Steel 04-27-16 03:53 PM

"Um... miss, just one more thing, and I don't mean to bother you, but this should only take a minute... I just thought about this as I was leaving, and one thing I don't understand about the day you said you went to your sister's funeral..."

http://ounae.com/img/nivel22/2011/07...ideojuegos.jpg

TONGO 04-27-16 03:57 PM

Originally Posted by Sexy Celebrity (Post 1503115)
It's called a relational psychological test, I think. It's the kind of test where you hear a story and you're supposed to fill in the blanks for what happens. The things you fill in the blank.... say stuff about you. You are bringing out unconscious aspects of your personality through the additions you add to the story. Like, if you say the girl killed her sister to get a large sum of money, the money aspect you colored in says something about your psychological makeup, your mind's unconscious roots. With GBG, she mentioned a father. A psychiatrist (or psychologist) would think that might mean GBG has some kind of issue involving fathers, maybe her own dad. 'Cause there's really nothing in the story that talks about a dad. It's just where her mind went when she went searching for answers.
Mm, maybe, but its also like a riddle where you are trying to deduce a real substantial reason why she klilled her, with the scarce information given. A Dad scenario does seem more likely cause "just to see him again" like love at first sight, well storybook romances dont bend that direction

Sexy Celebrity 04-27-16 04:03 PM

Everybody take this test:

1. You are walking in a beautiful woodland area, as the sun shines through the trees and a gentle breeze flows over your whole body. It’s a beautiful day. You are walking with someone:

Who are you walking with?

2. As you walk through the woods, up ahead you see an animal in front of you:

What kind of animal is it?

3. What happens with you and the animal, and what interaction takes place between you and the animal?

4. As you walk deeper into the woods, you come to a clearing, and in the middle of the clearing is a your perfect house.

Describe it’s size.

5. As you walk closer to the house and see more of it, is it surrounded by a fence?

6. You tentatively walk to the front door of this house and enter as the door is is slightly ajar. As you walk in you walk through to the dining area and see a table.

Describe what you see on and around the table.

7. As you finish looking around you exit the house via the back door into the garden area, which has a large area of grass. In the centre of garden, in the grass, you see a cup.

What material is the cup made of (ceramic, glass, porcelain etc)?

8. What do you do with the cup?

9. As you walk to the bottom of the garden you find yourself standing at the edge of a body of water.

What type of body of water is it (river, lake, pond etc)?

10. As you think about how to get back home you have to cross the water.

How do you plan on doing this?

Sexy Celebrity 04-27-16 04:05 PM

Originally Posted by TONGO (Post 1503119)
Mm, maybe, but its also like a riddle where you are trying to deduce a real substantial reason why she killed her, with the scarce information given. A Dad scenario does seem more likely cause "just to see him again" like love at first sight, well storybook romances dont bend that direction
But it's not a riddle.

It was NOT designed as a riddle.

It's a relational psychology test. It's a situation without many details meant to make you come up with your own answer to what is happening. You fill in the blanks. It is not a riddle. There is no trick involved.

Captain Steel 04-27-16 04:07 PM

I think ashdoc already explained that the test is to see who would go look up the "answer." That's the test.
Obviously, for a real case there are not nearly enough details to come up with an answer or even a hypothesis (as CR said).

AboveTheClouds 04-27-16 04:09 PM

Originally Posted by gbgoodies (Post 1503103)
Another possibility is that the guy is the sister's boyfriend, husband, etc., and she killed her sister to get her out of the way. But either way, there has to be some reason why she's so sure that the guy would come to her sister's funeral. He can't just be some random guy.
Mhhm

It could have been the mothers hair dresser, one of her friends sons, maybe the mother was a teacher and the boy was an ex-student, maybe at some point in time they had worked together, maybe they were having an affair, maybe he was her yoga instructor, or the guy who does her yard work, maybe her favourite server from her favourite restaurant. etc.

Any one of these relationships(and a number of others) that the mother could have had, would not have involved the knowledge of the daughters and therefore would not guarantee the "man of her dreams" even showing up at the sisters funeral, as he might not even be acquainted with the rest of the family.

The variables of the mothers age, her physicality, her working routine, her interests and her day to day private life are not provided and so all we can really do is speculate what might be an accurate answer to this question, but the variables themselves make it almost impossible to answer this question accurately or even truthfully.

GBG has the most logical answer to this, the man would have to be known by the majority of the family at least to ensure that he was invited to both funerals, and at this point it can be assumed that the woman in question is acquainted with the man on some level. And no I wouldn't call her psychopathic so much as desperate and sloppy.

Sexy Celebrity 04-27-16 04:09 PM

Originally Posted by Captain Steel (Post 1503127)
I think ashdoc already explained that the test is to see who would go look up the "answer." That's the test.
Nope, that wasn't the real test. You can ask that question to people out in the woods, away from phones/computers (where they couldn't look up the answer). You can ask it in an interrogation room, where a person couldn't have the chance to look it up.

It's really about trying to see if someone thinks like an actual psychopath.

Sexy Celebrity 04-27-16 04:12 PM

Originally Posted by AboveTheClouds (Post 1503128)
GBG has the most logical answer to this, the man would have to be known by the majority of the family at least to ensure that he was invited to both funerals, and at this point it can be assumed that the woman in question is acquainted with the man on some level. And no I wouldn't call her psychopathic so much as desperate and sloppy.
:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

It's NOT about trying to figure out any "correct" answer. It's NOT a riddle. It's about filling in the blanks.

If you come up with an answer that sounds like something psychopaths would come up with, you might be a psychopath.

Captain Steel 04-27-16 04:13 PM

Originally Posted by Sexy Celebrity (Post 1503124)

1. You are walking in a beautiful woodland area, as the sun shines through the trees and a gentle breeze flows over your whole body. It’s a beautiful day. You are walking with someone:

3. What happens with you and the animal, and what interaction takes place between you and the animal?

4. As you walk deeper into the woods, you come to a clearing, and in the middle of the clearing is a your perfect house.

Describe it’s size.

5. As you walk closer to the house and see more of it, is it surrounded by a fence?

6. You tentatively walk to the front door of this house and enter as the door is is slightly ajar. As you walk in you walk through to the dining area and see a table.

7. As you finish looking around you exit the house via the back door into the garden area, which has a large area of grass. In the centre of garden, in the grass, you see a cup.

9. As you walk to the bottom of the garden you find yourself standing at the edge of a body of water.

I'm just answering with the first thing that comes into my head...

1. Jesus
2. Fox
3. Bestiality
4. Small shack
5. No way!
6. 4 chairs
7. Wood (goblet)
8. Pee in it
9. Bigger than a pond, smaller than a lake
10. Walk across it while holding Jesus' hand!

gbgoodies 04-27-16 04:16 PM

Hubby

A rabbit

We watch it for a few minutes, trying not to disturb it, but when it sees us, it runs away.

Describe it’s size.
One level, medium size.

No

I wouldn't enter because it's not my house, but if I looked through the window and saw the dining area, it would have four chairs around the table, but nothing on the table except maybe a napkin holder with some napkins in it.

I'm having trouble with this one because there shouldn't be a cup in the middle of the garden. If it's ceramic, it's broken, but if it's not ceramic, it's litter.

If there's a garbage can in the garden, I'd throw it out.

I have no idea. They all look the same to me.

How did I get there?

Sexy Celebrity 04-27-16 04:16 PM

I'll wait for a couple more people to answer the questions before I reveal what these things mean.

TONGO 04-27-16 04:22 PM

Describe it’s size.

1. Girlfriend
2. Deer
3. Deer runs away
4. Cabin size/small cottage
5. No fence
6. Silverware and plates
7. porceline I guess...
8. I do nothing with the cup, its on the ground and dirty
9. pond
10. Boat

Citizen Rules 04-27-16 04:24 PM

Describe it’s size.

I have an idea! answer the questions for me, seriously, anyone who thinks they know me, take a guess at what I would say. It will be more fun that way........To make it even more fun I have answered the questions and saved them on my computer and I will post them and compare to your guys answers:)

TONGO 04-27-16 04:28 PM

I feel like Im playing Sheep :laugh: Oh I suck at Sheep.

Sexy Celebrity 04-27-16 04:30 PM

Okay, here are the answers.

And NOTE -- I did not make up this test. You can find it all over the internet.

Answers to the Test:

1. The person who you are walking with is the most important person in your life.

2. The size of the animal is representative of your perception of the size of your problems.

3. The severity of the interaction you have with the animal is representative of how you deal with your problems (passive, aggressive).

4. The size of your dream home is representative of the size of your ambition to resolve your problems.

5. No fence is indicative of an open personality. People are welcome at all times. The presence of a fence is more indicative of a closed personality. You’d prefer people to not drop by unannounced.

6. If your answer did not include food, people, or flowers then you are generally unhappy.

7. The durability of the material with which the cup is made is representative of the perceived durability of your relationship with the person from number 1. For example, styrofoam, plastic, and paper are all disposable and you don’t really value the person long term. Glass, and ceramic are a little more precious and means you have a strong but fragile relationship; metal, wood, and plastic indicate a strong, long lasting relationship.

8. What you do with the cup is representative of your attitude toward the person in number 1.

9. The size of the body of water is representative of the size of your sexual desire.

10. How wet you get in crossing the water is indicative of the relative importance of your sex life.

TONGO 04-27-16 04:31 PM

^^^ Augh! Thats means Im a bad boyfriend and boring in the sack! IM SLIME!!!!

Citizen Rules 04-27-16 04:34 PM

That's nuts SC, even worse than the test I posted.