Movie Forums (http://www.movieforums.com/community/index.php)
-   Movie Forums Site Stuff (http://www.movieforums.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   2013 MoFo Fantasy Football Trading Block (http://www.movieforums.com/community/showthread.php?t=32812)

TONGO 08-11-13 04:25 PM

2013 MoFo Fantasy Football Trading Block

Christian Ponder is on the block! ;)

jiraffejustin 08-11-13 05:20 PM

Re: 2013 MoFo Fantasy Football Trading Block

I would listen to offers on pretty much anybody on my team. The only truly untouchables on my squad are Jamaal Charles and Brandon Marshall.

TONGO 08-13-13 10:55 PM

Well Peteys a douche in my eyes now. He offered me Josh Freeman & Percy Harvin for...........Jimmy Graham & Matthew Stafford. To say I Rejected Offer is an understatement.

Sleezy 08-13-13 11:18 PM

I'm open to offers. Nobody on my team is untouchable.

rauldc14 08-16-13 12:03 PM

too early to even think about trades

Sedai 08-16-13 12:39 PM

Originally Posted by TONGO (Post 941658)
Well Peteys a douche in my eyes now. He offered me Josh Freeman & Percy Harvin for...........Jimmy Graham & Matthew Stafford. To say I Rejected Offer is an understatement.

Zoinks! Yeah, that's a rough trade! I am hanging with Pete tonight - I will give him crap for it! ;)

Wait a sec - what was in the offer you sent him first. You KNOW you sent him something first, now don't you....

TONGO 08-16-13 01:52 PM

Originally Posted by Sedai (Post 942987)
Zoinks! Yeah, that's a rough trade! I am hanging with Pete tonight - I will give him crap for it! ;)

Wait a sec - what was in the offer you sent him first. You KNOW you sent him something first, now don't you....
I had sent him an offer of Matthew Stafford & Mike Williams for Josh Freeman & Vincent Jackson. I ended up cancelling it myself because I would be giving away too much, and he wouldnt have benefitted from it either since he'd just be taking a downgrade at WR and Bradys his QB.

Sedai 08-16-13 02:19 PM

Pete laughed about it, he doesn't take it too seriously man. Not to worry!

Yoda 08-16-13 02:23 PM

Don't forget to yell at him for the trophy pictures. :D

Sedai 08-16-13 02:27 PM

Oh, will do! :D

Sleezy 08-16-13 02:32 PM

Originally Posted by TONGO (Post 942997)
I had sent him an offer of Matthew Stafford & Mike Williams for Josh Freeman & Vincent Jackson. I ended up cancelling it myself because I would be giving away too much, and he wouldnt have benefitted from it either since he'd just be taking a downgrade at WR and Bradys his QB.
Not a bad trade right there, actually. I'd still place Matt Stafford above Josh Freeman, but the Lions could be in all kinds of trouble this year and Freeman really made use of V-Jax and Mike Williams last year. In fact, I think Williams topped Jackson in TDs, did he not?

TONGO 08-16-13 02:35 PM

Originally Posted by Sleezy (Post 943002)
Not a bad trade right there, actually. I'd still place Matt Stafford above Josh Freeman, but the Lions could be in all kinds of trouble this year and Freeman really made use of V-Jax and Mike Williams last year. In fact, I think Williams topped Jackson in TDs, did he not?
Williams had 9 and VJ 8. They werent too far off from each other in overall points either as VJ gets all the coverage, so Williams benefits.

Yoda 08-16-13 02:42 PM

I dunno, I think it's pretty bad: Stafford's floor, even in a disastrous year for Detroit, is a lot higher than Freeman's. And his ceiling is way, way, higher. Two years ago he doubled his point total.

Re: points. Not sure what would make you say that, as Williams had 9 fewer receptions, 400 fewer yeards, and just one more TD. In our league that's almost a 40-point difference. So even swapping receivers straight up would be pretty bad. But it's the QBs that really tilt things.

Sedai 08-16-13 02:45 PM

Pete said his offer was clearly a joke, btw...

TONGO 08-20-13 01:27 AM

Making a big trade offer. Wont go into particulars, but its big, I will say that its so I can get a connector, QB to WR tandem. I love how both players points splash across the screen at the same time :)

TONGO 08-20-13 01:56 AM

and it is done.

Me and Sean have a deal. He offered Drew Brees & Anquan Boldin for Matthew Stafford & Mike Williams. Figure Doug Martin should quell any homer point gained fantasy earnings :)

I got Drew Brees to Jimmy Graham baby! Wahoo!!!

http://sportsinvasion.net/wp-content...Drew-Brees.jpg

Sedai 08-20-13 10:05 AM

Someone got fleeced in that deal...

Also Tongs...Looks like Bell hurt his foot again. He should be OK, but I would be a tad concerned, as this is like the 2nd or 3rd injury of this type in a relatively short time. Grab that cuff!

Yoda 08-20-13 10:09 AM

Yeah, nice deal. I guess he thinks Williams is gonna bust out or something? Or that Stafford will be roughly on par with Brees. Dunno.

I don't think there's much extra value (or harm) in "connections." I know most people stay away from them, actually. It's like playing a QB and a DEF against each other: it's mostly psychological.

TONGO 08-20-13 10:45 AM

Yeah LeVean Bell may be out before week 1 starts... Not much I can do as Bells handcuff Jonathan Dwyer is on a Steelers fans roster (Dionne). Maybe the Raiders will split time between McFadden and Marcel Reece?! Maybe, hopefully...

I had offered Sean - Matthew Stafford, Antonio Gates, and Marcel Reece (Sean has McFadden) for Drew Brees. He countered with Brees/Boldin for Stafford/Mike Williams.

TONGO 08-20-13 02:29 PM

This trades bugging me, and I should be excited about it. I sent Sean a PM to make sure hes ok with everything.

seanc 08-20-13 02:31 PM

It was a slight risk but I needed to upgrade my skill positions. We will see.

TONGO 08-20-13 03:12 PM

Hm! I sent a PM to Sean. Want to do this with a clear conscience or not at all. Sean may or may not be new at FFB, I dont know.

TONGO 08-20-13 08:56 PM

I spoke with Sean in detail in PM so I think this should be a good deal.

Might have a deal with Fiscal or might not. Offering LeVeon Bell & Antonio Gates for Chris Johnson.

jiraffejustin 08-20-13 09:32 PM

Originally Posted by TONGO (Post 945273)
I spoke with Sean in detail in PM so I think this should be a good deal.

Might have a deal with Fiscal or might not. Offering LeVeon Bell & Antonio Gates for Chris Johnson.
Holy cow. We might as well just concede the season to you. :eek:

Fiscal 08-20-13 09:40 PM

Tongs, I can't do the Bell and Gates for CJ2K trade. Bell is a banged up rookie and I'm rather high on Olsen as a solid TE this year. Titans have a much improved O line, so I'm going to stick with him.

TONGO 08-20-13 10:01 PM

Originally Posted by Fiscal (Post 945335)
Tongs, I can't do the Bell and Gates for CJ2K trade. Bell is a banged up rookie and I'm rather high on Olsen as a solid TE this year. Titans have a much improved O line, so I'm going to stick with him.
Allrighty man. :up:

rauldc14 08-21-13 12:01 AM

Easy breezy to get Brees apparently. Wish I could have gotten the memo.

TONGO 08-21-13 09:20 PM

Fiscal dodged the bullet on that one as LeVean Bell is out anywhere from 6-8 weeks or indefinitely depending who is saying it.

Got an offer to Dexter, Antonio Gates for Ahmad Bradshaw.

TONGO 08-21-13 10:46 PM

Dexters a negatory so I find myself, yet again, in the "Quest to fill a RB2 slot in a 14 team league!"

:sick:

Yoda 08-21-13 10:48 PM

In a 14 team league that's a pretty common thing; it's hardly a death knell, especially if you're strong elsewhere.

TONGO 08-21-13 10:53 PM

Im kinda wondering how high or low I can sell on Antonio Gates. Now hes healthy, and San Diegos WR corps is flattened. He may very well be the #1 target there. Even then an owner would be loathe to drop their RB2 for a TE.

Im gonna resend an offer I made to Sedai offering Gates for Ivory, and if that doesnt pan out Ill just have to make do.

Sleezy 08-22-13 03:49 PM

Adrian Peterson is on the block.

I'll likely just keep him, but I was curious what offers he might bring. Fair warning, though: expect to offer a haul.

jiraffejustin 08-22-13 04:13 PM

Tongo, I sent you an offer. Witten for both Gates and Marcel Reece.

TONGO 08-22-13 05:18 PM

Sorry JJ, the last thing I need is a Tight End.

jiraffejustin 08-22-13 05:47 PM

It's all good, I was just offering him to you as a flex play. With half-ppr, I figured he is good enough for the role, but I am fine with keeping him as well.

TONGO 08-22-13 06:51 PM

Well, why not.

Offering Sleezy Drew Brees & Jimmy Graham for Adrian Peterson. Would have been cool to have that sexy combo, but truth be told Im sick of the quest for a starting RB. Too many seasons of it AUGH!

Ill make do at QB. Thats if he says yes.

Yoda 08-22-13 07:52 PM

Geez, that's pretty over the top, dude. Especially considering you were just talking about how much you wanted a "connection."

TONGO 08-22-13 08:07 PM

I did, and do. In the meantime I lost a starting RB, have 2 strong starting TEs so I can spare one, and would rather deal with a QB slot than a RB2 slot problem.

If I do get Peterson I wouldnt trade him away. Unless someone would pay me more than I did for him - that would be a QB, WR, and RB and all 3 be starter level.

TONGO 08-22-13 09:05 PM

Just decided to cancel the offer.

On a more lower end scale, maybe wiser too Idk, Im offering Fiscal - Antonio Gates for Rashard Mendenhall again.

TONGO 08-22-13 10:24 PM

Decided to resend the offer but Im asking for Carson Palmer too this time. I doubt Sleezy will give up AP for the Brees/Graham package since hes got Andrew Luck, but yanevahkno......

rauldc14 08-22-13 10:42 PM

Originally Posted by TONGO (Post 946965)
Decided to resend the offer but Im asking for Carson Palmer too this time. I doubt Sleezy will give up AP for the Brees/Graham package since hes got Andrew Luck, but yanevahkno......
? Really?

rauldc14 08-22-13 10:51 PM

That trade makes no sense. Sometimes I swear you trade just to trade. AP is the man but that's even an overpay.

TONGO 08-22-13 10:58 PM

Originally Posted by rauldc14 (Post 947015)
That trade makes no sense. Sometimes I swear you trade just to trade. AP is the man but that's even an overpay.
I dont trade just to trade. I sometimes trade 2 or 3 trades ahead, but I'd say 95% of the time Ive a clear goal. I admit to some whimsical trades but this isnt one of them. Im guessing he'll say no.

What is Adrian Peterson worth in a trade? What should he fetch? Two 2nd rounders may be too much, but it may not. I even asked Dexters advice on this offer cause it is so heavy.

Yoda 08-23-13 12:00 AM

I don't know if you trade just to trade, but the reasons you give for each trade seem to have a very short shelf life.

Anyway, it's a huge overpay, especially since the season hasn't even started and you don't even know what you have yet.

TONGO 08-23-13 12:10 AM

Fine I cancelled it.

rauldc14 08-23-13 12:12 AM

I don't care what you do. I just think you'd be cutting yourself a terrible deal, even with getting the best in the league.

TONGO 08-23-13 01:23 AM

GrumbleMumbleGrumbleMumbleGrrrr! ;)

Yeah I can see your point. It wouldve been cool to have the 2 best RBs in the NFL, but would I have gone farther? Would I really have a better chance of winning the league? The numbers say no, but I still think its debatable.

An RB slot is the most valuable of all in the league. If a team is absolute strongest there, and Id still have 3 great recievers in Fitz, Boldin, and Gates. Heck I think Davonne Bess may be starter worthy this season, and thats one cheap swing filler.

Mind you I dont think Sleezy wouldve even taken the deal because he'd lose his RB1 slot, the absolute most difficult spot to replace. I am curious if he wouldve accepted.

I nixed it because of the general underlying negative reaction, but on investigation....whoa damn I would be underselling Drew Brees! :eek: Number one overall fantasy point earner last year, and second most in 2011. I know Carson Palmer just cannot touch that figure. So thanks for the heads-up guys.

Still hope Fiscal parts with Mendenhall for Gates. I think its a fair deal. Its not like Rashard ever lit the world on fire in Pittsburgh, and Gates has the pieces in place for a possible career year. Heck, if Favre could have the best season of his career the year before he retired then why couldnt Gates now? If he says no Ill play waiver wire rider looking for a gem. Again. MumbleGrumbleMumbleGrumble...

Sleezy 08-23-13 04:36 AM

I wouldn't have taken the trade. As much value as there is in Drew Brees and Jimmy Graham, like TONGO said, I'm not interested in trying to replace my RB1. In fact, a strong RB replacement would almost certainly need to be part of the deal.

Yoda 08-23-13 09:09 AM

Well then.

TONGO 08-23-13 03:34 PM

Still waiting on Fiscal regarding the Gates for Mendenhall offer.

In the meanwhile sent Yoda an offer of Antonio Gates for Eddie Lacy. Figured theres a chance just because he has Ronnie Hillman on the bench.

rauldc14 08-23-13 03:36 PM

Originally Posted by Sleezy (Post 947702)
I wouldn't have taken the trade. As much value as there is in Drew Brees and Jimmy Graham, like TONGO said, I'm not interested in trying to replace my RB1. In fact, a strong RB replacement would almost certainly need to be part of the deal.
You could easily trade away graham and Bree's to get more back.

rauldc14 08-23-13 03:39 PM

Originally Posted by Yoda (Post 947820)
Well then.
To me if I have AP and was offered that, it's a no brainer.

TONGO 08-23-13 03:42 PM

Yoda said no cause he has 3 TEs. Thats a pretty good reason to say no :facepalm:

Cmon Fiscal..... I would be ok with it if he says no. Mendenhall wasnt "all that" at any point in time. Just not convinced of his upside potential, and doubt he will have better protection than he did in Pittsburgh. Im just in need.

Yoda 08-23-13 03:49 PM

I don't deny that you should be shopping for a second RB, but I wouldn't assume it's an absolute must before the games have even started. This is a 14-team league: everyone has holes. And it's football, not baseball, which means all stats go into a common pool of points, which means you can tolerate holes if you're running up the score at the other positions. I made it to MoFo Bowl II weak all year at RB because I was strong everywhere else.

There's certainly an argument to be made for inflating positional value when you're sure you need it, but at this point, until the games start (and not even then), we don't really know what we need or (more importantly) how badly we need it. The goal is the most points, not the most positionally balanced lineup. That only matters insofar as it leads to those points.

Sedai 08-23-13 05:50 PM

Also, when you say something like Drew Brees being the number one guy in fantasy points-wise, you also need to consider that fact relative to the other top performers at his position, then divide the difference by the number of games played, and consider just how much that means for the QB slot (not much).

Obviously, if you run guys like Palmer against him, the difference will be greater, but no one starts Palmer, or at least they shouldn't; he is a QB2 for sure. But if you look at a 4th-5th round QB, it just isn't that big of a difference when split across the scoring.

TONGO 08-24-13 12:50 PM

Yeah Dexter got back to me on that Brees/Graham for AP offer too and said that was way too much to offer. So its unanimous.

Fiscal finally said no to the Gates offer for Mendenhall. I am in a waiting pattern now as trade solutions pre-week 1 are exhausted.

LeVean Bell may be back Week 6, they say. Who knows! Ill keep him on my bench as there really isnt anyone to urgently grab.

GreenEyed Vixen 08-30-13 10:23 PM

I have an AWESOME team this year, in both leagues...woohoooooo...lets play some football

TONGO 09-13-13 10:50 PM

Making another play for Adrian Peterson. Offering the Sleezster - Larry Fitzgerald, Joique Bell, and Antonio Gates.

Sleezy 09-14-13 09:44 AM

Originally Posted by TONGO (Post 963082)
Making another play for Adrian Peterson. Offering the Sleezster - Larry Fitzgerald, Joique Bell, and Antonio Gates.
Sorry, not possible.

Powdered Water 09-14-13 12:37 PM

Anyone who would trade Adrian Peterson would be like, a crazy person.

Yoda 09-14-13 12:46 PM

I'd be a crazy person if someone bowled me over. Especially in a 14-team league, where depth matters more.

Powdered Water 09-14-13 12:57 PM

Well sure. I'd cash a million dollar check if somebody gave it to me.

jiraffejustin 09-14-13 01:00 PM

In a ten team league with my friends, I traded Adrian Peterson for Reggie Bush and A.J. Green. After week one I traded Bush for Trent Richardson. So I turned Adrian Peterson into Trent Richardson and A.J. Green. Which I think was a good deal for me to get a high end RB1 and WR1 for the highest of RB1s.

seanc 09-14-13 01:08 PM

Originally Posted by jiraffejustin (Post 963336)
In a ten team league with my friends, I traded Adrian Peterson for Reggie Bush and A.J. Green. After week one I traded Bush for Trent Richardson. So I turned Adrian Peterson into Trent Richardson and A.J. Green. Which I think was a good deal for me to get a high end RB1 and WR1 for the highest of RB1s.
I like it. It will be interesting to see what kind of year Bush has in Detroit. I hate Cleveland's offense. Either way I would do that deal though.

TONGO 09-14-13 01:24 PM

Just sent to Justin Jiraffe Jamaals an offer of Antonio Gates & Bilal Powell for Pierre Garcon.

TONGO 09-14-13 01:39 PM

Decided to send JJ two more offers for Garcon. Joique Bell & Gates and Knowshon Moreno & Gates. He can pick which of 3 he likes the best.

TONGO 09-15-13 12:50 AM

No to all 3. I sent Petey the same three offers for Desean, and :nope: :nope: :nope:.

Thats allright though. I feel like Im in terrific shape so early in the season. If J Bell maintains a above average fantasy point pace, and Moreno has the big game hes capable of people will likely be more interested then. Just hope I slot the right one when they do go off...

Sleezy 09-15-13 07:41 PM

My team is crumbling in spectacular fashion. :laugh:

PW offered me Dez Bryant and C.J. Spiller for Adrian Peterson and Golden Tate. I've decided to take it.

Powdered Water 09-15-13 08:19 PM

No sh*t? Nice! Thanks!

TONGO 09-15-13 08:38 PM

Im in shock.

Good nab PW. Hopefully Ill join you in the playoffs.

Sleezy 09-15-13 09:12 PM

Originally Posted by Powdered Water (Post 963681)
No sh*t? Nice! Thanks!
Yeah, why not? I've decided to just have fun with it and not preside over my team like some bomb maker handling plutonium. I doubt I'll make it into the playoffs anyway, so party on!

Powdered Water 09-15-13 09:22 PM

Originally Posted by Sleezy (Post 963702)
Yeah, why not? I've decided to just have fun with it and not preside over my team like some bomb maker handling plutonium. I doubt I'll make it into the playoffs anyway, so party on!
Hey, I hear ya. I like Spiller, a lot, actually. But, I really wanted Tate, to be honest and this seemed like a pretty fair way to get him.

TONGO 09-16-13 01:10 PM

If anyone is weak on their RB slots and/or tight end slots, Im putting Antonio Gates, Bilal Powell, and LeVeon Bell on the trading block.

Im looking to unload all three for one strong WR.

Yoda 09-16-13 01:12 PM

Those lots-of-okay-guys-for-one-stud offers are pretty few and far between. It's more plausible in a deeper league, to be sure, but a team's gotta have multiple, glaring holes that'll lead all the guys to start immediately for it to make sense, which is pretty rare.

TONGO 09-16-13 01:15 PM

Yep. Its a plain offer of depth if someones got a an extra WR thats a sure starter.

rauldc14 09-16-13 01:40 PM

Originally Posted by Powdered Water (Post 963705)
Hey, I hear ya. I like Spiller, a lot, actually. But, I really wanted Tate, to be honest and this seemed like a pretty fair way to get him.
Tate is so good.....at cheating. Sorry I'm a bitter packer fan.

LTIZZY 09-16-13 06:42 PM

This is the saddest day to me folks! Who the **** doesn't trade Peterson to LT? You guys suck LOLO!

Sleezy 09-16-13 06:56 PM

Originally Posted by LTIZZY (Post 964008)
This is the saddest day to me folks! Who the **** doesn't trade Peterson to LT? You guys suck LOLO!
Sorry! :modest:

donniedarko 09-16-13 09:31 PM

In my league I've been having so many trade offers for me Seattle Defense, I've denied all, even though I haven't even played them yet lol, have the Bengals in now. Also I remembered how good Eddie Royal is yesterday, so I'm trying to claim him, and drop Gresham.

TONGO 09-16-13 10:20 PM

I got Eddie Royal in this league and will be starting him here on out. Especially with that sick stinger Malcom Floyd took. You should try and get into this league Donnie!

Yoda 09-17-13 01:46 PM

Re: 2013 MoFo Fantasy Football - The Regular Season

I'm loaded at WR (Welker, Cobb, Hilton), and I'm willing to consider dealing some of that for a solid TE, RB, or both. Just FYI.

Also willing to consider moving Aaron Rodgers (he of the 480 yards passing on Sunday) if it plugs a couple of holes for me at once, particularly if I get a good replacement at QB for him.

DexterRiley 09-17-13 02:10 PM

Alrighty then pair of trades consummated.

first up saying bubbye to Ahmad Bradshaw who i like a lot, but his chronic foot problems, not so much, in return for future star Giovanni Bernard.

Which prompted a pm exchange with Sleezemeister who has the law firm.

In the end, i traded the other handcuff Fred Jackson along with Stallion out of the gate TE Bennett for the currently ailing but hopefully not too too much longer Roddy White.

jiraffejustin 09-17-13 02:47 PM

Yeah, I sent Bernard who I like because I need someone to step up now in case Reggie can't play this week. I sent that trade offer before his game Monday night, I might have been persuaded to hold on to him if I had waited, but as it is I think Bradshaw should provide more instant value for me. Bernard has more value longterm most likely though.

Yoda 09-18-13 11:55 AM

Is nobody checking their trade offers? I sent one in the preseason that sat for over a week, and another after week one that sat there for days until I canceled it. Just sent out a few more yesterday, so we'll see if anyone notices those.

If it helps, there's an option in everyone's Team Settings to get an email whenever you receive an offer.

7thson 09-18-13 01:17 PM

Yes I got the one you sent me, seriously pondering it, will make a decision very soon.

Yoda 09-18-13 01:19 PM

Word (open to tweaks, too, if you like the general idea but want to rebalance a little).

No worries though, you've only had it for half a day. I was mostly grousing about the earlier stuff. Being 0-2 makes you cranky and impatient, it turns out.

7thson 09-18-13 01:30 PM

Well you know my weak spot, but I can be unbiased for a moment and step back - I think Welker is going to keep getting numbers, of course Foster will as well and probably more overall, but key games is what I am thinking about suddenly and looking at the Broncos schedule it just might work out for me. It will definitely throw my bye week into more of a tailspin...

TONGO 09-18-13 01:33 PM

Originally Posted by Yoda (Post 965140)
Is nobody checking their trade offers? I sent one in the preseason that sat for over a week, and another after week one that sat there for days until I canceled it. Just sent out a few more yesterday, so we'll see if anyone notices those.

If it helps, there's an option in everyone's Team Settings to get an email whenever you receive an offer.

Man I hear you on that. I havent noticed it because Ive sent fewer offers out than normal. Probably wont be sending any out in foreseeable future with my good start.

Yeah I hope everyones still involved and nobodys gone absent. There are alot of folks that would want in the MoFo league badly, and be involved throughout the season.

7thson 09-18-13 01:46 PM

I accepted your offer Yods - at least the denver games will be even more exciting to watch ;) - well if it goes through

Yoda 09-18-13 01:47 PM

Originally Posted by 7thson (Post 965159)
Well you know my weak spot, but I can be unbiased for a moment and step back - I think Welker is going to keep getting numbers, of course Foster will as well and probably more overall, but key games is what I am thinking about suddenly and looking at the Broncos schedule it just might work out for me. It will definitely throw my bye week into more of a tailspin...
Heh. Yeah, I'd be lying if I didn't notice the Broncos thing. :laugh: But that's mainly just why I threw in Hillman. Clearly, Welker's a #1 WR again with all these red zone looks (I think he was an absolute steal where I got him, especially in PPR), and with Foster there are some not-insignificant injury concerns. Especially with Tate getting a dozen touches a game and doing so much with them.

You're mostly Broncos now. But like the Pats a few years ago or the Pack this year, it might be one of those teams that puts up so many points that banking on them entirely is a perfectly viable strategy.

Of course, suddenly I need Hilton to have the breakout year he's capable of, so I feel a lot less fuzzy than I did when both my WRs were studs. But given the injuries, I'd rather worry about that than whether or not I'll even have two playable guys at RB.

TONGO 09-18-13 02:28 PM

I immediately thought Dionne was gonna regret this one, but Tate is taking on alot more work consistently, and Im sure its to further Arians time on the field lessening chances of injury. The monster games though may be behind Arian Foster. Maybe.

Either way Yodas stacked with RBs now. I think 11AM may go to the playoffs and the line pointing to how it happened will start with this trade. One big trade can definitely do it for a squad, good or bad. Im sure accepting the offer for Brees & Bolding giving up Stafford & Mike Williams is that trade for me.

Playoffs may look like a reunion of all the old school MoFos, but those Jamaales, whoooooa!

DexterRiley 09-18-13 07:14 PM

Not sure if Stacked at RB is quite accurate. MJD needs to recover and be a force. That isnt automatic i dont think.

If Chris can secure a legit TE1 though, look out.

Oh and Jamales, no im not dumping Richardson, Ridly and Gronk for pennies on the dollar.

Yoda 09-18-13 07:17 PM

Yeah, I sure don't feel stacked. Foster's still very good but I think it's a given he'll be something less than a total workhorse going forward (which is the only reason I was able to get him, even for a top WR, I think), and MJD is a bit of a question mark right now. I think it's more likely than not that both will be top 10 backs going forward, but it's far from a sure thing. I bought low on MJD a couple of years ago and it worked out well, though, so I have faith. But it does, in fact, require a little faith right now.

As for TE...Myers seems solid and Cook could breakout, but that involves some speculation, too. So I'm cautiously optimistic one or both of them will be good enough to be an every week guy. Guess we'll find out. I can't afford too many early season losses, though.

TONGO 09-22-13 02:53 PM

Had an offer this week from Petey for Knowshon Moreno. He was offering Josh Freeman, Marlon Brown, and Ronnie Brown.

http://www.vancouverobserver.com/sit...me-500x288.jpg

Sleezy 09-23-13 01:13 PM

PW did me a semi-solid and accepted Eli Manning for Philip Rivers. Even though Rivers is his QB2, I still think it's a more favorable trade for me, considering how strong Rivers' play has been so far. He threw a pretty pedestrian game this week, but that's to be expected now and then. I'm hoping the overall numbers trend stays up in the QB1 range.

By comparison, Eli Manning (who is typically inconsistent and frustrating anyway) has been absolutely nonexistent as a fantasy presence. I was hoping he'd be a high risk-high reward sort of player, particularly with the support staff there in New York. But it seems they just can't get it going and, at 1-2 crawling out of last place, I'm not interested in waiting until they do. :)

Viva la Felipe de Rios!

Sedai 09-24-13 11:01 AM

Had to decline, Yods! Not a big Foster fan, and AJ Green is the man! It will take a golden offer to get him off my squad!

Yoda 09-24-13 11:09 AM

No worries. At this point I just need to shake things up, so I'm sending out some pretty big offers. But if the value isn't there, and I have to stand pat, so be it. I'm super happy with my talent level, even if the production hasn't been there for a host of reasons (bad timing, injuries, or both).

TONGO 09-24-13 02:03 PM

Nate Burleson broke his arm in two places in a car accident last night. Was gonna start him this week since a one-legged Fitz is going up against Revis Island sunday. Made a trade offer to Dionne offering Knowshon Moreno for Ryan Broyles.

DexterRiley 09-24-13 02:40 PM

Originally Posted by TONGO (Post 967549)
Had an offer this week from Petey for Knowshon Moreno. He was offering Josh Freeman, Marlon Brown, and Ronnie Brown.

http://www.vancouverobserver.com/sit...me-500x288.jpg
Originally Posted by TONGO (Post 969052)
Made a trade offer to Dionne offering Knowshon Moreno for Ryan Broyles.
What a difference a week makes eh.

jiraffejustin 09-24-13 02:43 PM

yeah, at the beginning of last week Jesse was in a little better shape...oh you mean with football, right?