Movie Forums (http://www.movieforums.com/community/index.php)
-   Movie Forums Site Stuff (http://www.movieforums.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   The Godoggo Satellite Dish (http://www.movieforums.com/community/showthread.php?t=42718)

Sexy Celebrity 08-22-15 06:20 PM

The Godoggo Satellite Dish

The Godoggo Satellite Dish

Swan 08-22-15 06:22 PM

Re: The Godoggo Satellite Dish

I try not to think about Godoggo much anymore. It ruins my day, knowing I'll probably never get to talk to her again.

rauldc14 08-22-15 06:25 PM

Yeah I don't either Swan. Like I said, we won't hear from her again sadly.

Sexy Celebrity 08-22-15 06:26 PM

Well, there's a fully operational satellite dish if you need it.

Camo 08-22-15 06:30 PM

Originally Posted by Swan (Post 1373870)
I try not to think about Godoggo much anymore. It ruins my day, knowing I'll probably never get to talk to her again.
Yeah I was always saying people were freaking out too early. At this point though it doesn't look good :(. I wonder what happened

Mmmm Donuts and Hitchfan are two others we need back.

Cole416 08-22-15 06:31 PM

I don't understand why people say that there's 0% chance she comes back. Was there something I didn't hear?

Camo 08-22-15 06:33 PM

Originally Posted by Cole416 (Post 1373879)
I don't understand why people say that there's 0% chance she comes back. Was there something I didn't hear?
She's been gone like four months. Also I think she said she wasn't doing too well near when she left :(. Correct me if I'm wrong?

Swan 08-22-15 06:34 PM

Originally Posted by Cole416 (Post 1373879)
She was a key member on the site and was on most days. She really invested herself in it and we all cared for her, something that we felt in return from her. That's why it was surprising when she just disappeared, and why it feels unlikely she will return.

Camo 08-22-15 06:37 PM

She was very active, always creating games and tournaments, running the countdown and HOFs. I remember her saying she was taking a break, then she was back for a bit before dissapearing.

Swan 08-22-15 06:38 PM

Seriously the nicest person. It cracked me up when she would tell me in PM that she was really angry and just unleashed her wrath onto another member, and I would go to read it, and it was barely mean at all. :laugh:

:(

cricket 08-22-15 06:38 PM

The hope I have stems from the fact that she was dealing with something, rather than something happening out of the blue. Maybe once the situation is dealt with, who knows.

Camo 08-22-15 06:41 PM

Originally Posted by Swan (Post 1373886)
Seriously the nicest person. It cracked me up when she would tell me in PM that she was really angry and just unleashed her wrath onto another member, and I would go to read it, and it was barely mean at all. :laugh:

She did that exact thing with me one night :laugh:

Camo 08-22-15 06:43 PM

Originally Posted by cricket (Post 1373887)
The hope I have stems from the fact that she was dealing with something, rather than something happening out of the blue. Maybe once the situation is dealt with, who knows.
That's why I was always telling people they were jumping the gun. She took a break not long before she disappeared so maybe whatever that was because of came back up again.

cricket 08-22-15 06:47 PM

If Swan and Gbgoodies had a daughter, I think she'd be like Gdog.

rauldc14 08-22-15 06:51 PM

She's still my best bud on this site. We had a blast on here and this place isn't the same anymore.

Sexy Celebrity 08-22-15 06:57 PM

Originally Posted by cricket (Post 1373893)
If Swan and Gbgoodies had a daughter, I think she'd be like Gdog.
....... Why would Swan and GB go to bed together? Cricket, you are so random.

And this is not the kind of thing I wanted to send to Godoggo through my satellite dish. Unless it works and brings her back because she's interested in hearing the story, which I bet GB would tell, just like all her restaurant/gift card stories.

Swan 08-22-15 07:02 PM

Moving on please. :p

Sexy Celebrity 08-22-15 07:03 PM

Oh my God. What if GB doesn't have a good time and she wants a Swan gift card?

Although, I don't know why she'd want to use it... maybe she'd just take his guitar and call it even.

MovieMeditation 08-22-15 07:08 PM

I miss her too. She was a very nice person and I think it's crazy how dedicated she was to the forum and was constantly running games and tournaments and stuff. She never sounded exhausted or pulled down by it. She was always high spirited and created good energy on the forum.

Please return to us Godoggo! Even if it's just to say hi for a quick second. We miss you. :(

Swan 08-22-15 07:08 PM

I think cricket deserves the award for Most Awkward Post.

On any forum.

Ever.

cricket 08-22-15 07:10 PM

I meant for someone like Cole who didn't know her that she was sweet and very active.

Swan 08-22-15 07:12 PM

Originally Posted by Sexy Celebrity (Post 1373906)
Oh my God. What if GB doesn't have a good time and she wants a Swan gift card?

Although, I don't know why she'd want to use it... maybe she'd just take his guitar and call it even.
You know you want some Bigfoot action.

Also, no one is touching my guitar. No one.

Ðèstîñy 08-22-15 07:13 PM

Originally Posted by Swan (Post 1373882)
She was a key member on the site and was on most days. She really invested herself in it and we all cared for her, something that we felt in return from her. That's why it was surprising when she just disappeared, and why it feels unlikely she will return.
Funny enough, that's exactly how members described me, years ago. I made a lot of games, avatars, etc . . . and then I disappeared for a long time. Now I've come back as just a mod, enforcing a family friendly site. Great responses, too :|, with a few people hating me, and a few others liking me, but only in private, or so it would seem.

My point is, that it's a lot of time spared, and a whole lot of work. Eventually we either burn out, or life steps in to alter our schedules. Mine was a bit of both. I don't think this board will ever see a member last for years at a time. Not those who contribute like GDG and I have. Well, except for Yoda. Of course he needs to. We're screwed if he stops.

GoDogGo use to post, wishing for my return, and I most definitely want her to, as well. We shared a lot of the private situations in our lives, and had a lot in common there. I think I will email her, just for the heck of it.

Well, that's all!

mark f 08-22-15 07:15 PM

The Sci-Fi Slob 08-22-15 07:19 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FEzb3yPoCm4

The Gunslinger45 08-22-15 07:23 PM

Originally Posted by Swan (Post 1373910)
I think cricket deserves the award for Most Awkward Post.

On any forum.

Ever.
I am surprised that is not a MoFie category.

Swan 08-22-15 07:25 PM

Originally Posted by The Gunslinger45 (Post 1373925)
I am surprised that is not a MoFie category.
Well, now it doesn't need to be. Cricket wins forever. No one will ever make a post as awkward, as disturbing, as haunting, as that.

The Gunslinger45 08-22-15 07:27 PM

But it your reaction is hilarious. :lol:

Sexy Celebrity 08-22-15 07:28 PM

Originally Posted by Swan (Post 1373928)
Well, now it doesn't need to be. Cricket wins forever. No one will ever make a post as awkward, as disturbing, as haunting, as that.
And on a family friendly site, too. Tsk, tsk, tsk, tsk, tsk!

The Gunslinger45 08-22-15 07:30 PM

Srsly though...

Godoggo... if you do see this. Please come back to us. Even if it is only to say hi and let us know you are all right. :(

False Writer 08-22-15 07:37 PM

I noticed some people said she took a break, came back for a little bit, then left. Do you think she just got tired of the site? I'm just saying because it seems like people are insinuating that something tragic happened. Even if she seemed high-spirited before she disappeared, no one knows how she really felt the time she left.

Of course it would be great if she decided to come back, even though I don't really know her it would always be great to have someone like that around.

christine 08-22-15 07:58 PM

I miss her too. She has such a warm personality you couldn't help but like her. She gave me lots of sensible advice when my son got his dog and it had behavioural issues, so helpful that was. She's a lovely girl and I really hope she's happy and safe. Obviously it'd be the best if she came back, but just knowing she was ok would be great.

Swan 08-22-15 08:00 PM

I agree Christine. It's the not knowing that is the worst.

Hit Girl 08-22-15 08:07 PM

http://cdn0.cosmosmagazine.com/wp-co...04_arecibo.jpg

Goddoggo!

http://mobimalt.com/mwallpapers/wher...-wallpaper.jpg

I want to play this for you...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZzEzDkeHzI

Please come back.

Gatsby 08-22-15 08:33 PM

A person like Godoggo is almost impossible to find on the internet. Even harder than Sexy.

I'm saying this because of how perfect she was. She was nice, friendly, really social... on a Internet forum's standard of course, but still that's saying a lot. She also invested so much time into activities, games, and tournaments that you could say she practically shaped modern Movie Forums. What an extraordinary member one site could have.

I don't think she will come back, and Swan's right, the more we try remember and miss her, the more we'll become a bit sad every day.

Lastly, I thought crick's post was hilarious. Not awkward at all. My kind of humor. :p

seanc 08-22-15 08:39 PM

I bet she shows up some day. Obviously other people have been gone for stretches. It is just really glaring cause she was so active.

Gatsby 08-22-15 08:41 PM

Originally Posted by seanc (Post 1373983)
I bet she shows up some day. Obviously other people have been gone for stretches. It is just really glaring cause she was so active.
I've seen a few people here I don't know become active again after several years but it didn't last long. I'm just worried about that.

Mr.Sparkle 08-23-15 01:57 AM

Why do people think she won't be back? Seriously?

This satellite is for positive messages people!!!! Come on. For everyone missing. Let's get those positive messages out there!!!

Derek Vinyard 08-23-15 02:22 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=feeuoERYOV0

rauldc14 09-02-15 06:42 PM

Your satellite failed us.

JayDee 09-02-15 09:04 PM

A while back I had the idea of trying to track her down through other forums she had mentioned. Now I've got a couple of other ideas.

The first is simply if anyone knows her actual email address. Obviously she would have got notifications of all the PMs people will have sent to her but might make a difference with someone personally reaching out that way.

The other idea I had relates back to something that was happening on here a couple of years back I think it was. There was a DVD buying club or something along the lines where members would buy and send DVDs to each other. Does anyone know if G-Dog was part of that and if so did anyone ever send her a DVD, in which chance they may have her home address. Obviously you want to be respectful to her privacy but all we want to know is if she's ok or not

Ðèstîñy 09-03-15 01:09 AM

I already posted that I was going to email her. I've got her email address, and was going to do so, this weekend.

Sexy Celebrity 04-06-16 07:43 PM

1 Attachment(s)
http://www.movieforums.com/community...1&d=1459982581

GODOGGO FOUND.

Godoggo 04-06-16 07:46 PM

Oh cool, my own MIA thread. I have to read through this.

Godoggo 04-06-16 07:47 PM

Originally Posted by Gatsby (Post 1373980)
A person like Godoggo is almost impossible to find on the internet. Even harder than Sexy.

I'm saying this because of how perfect she was. She was nice, friendly, really social... on a Internet forum's standard of course, but still that's saying a lot. She also invested so much time into activities, games, and tournaments that you could say she practically shaped modern Movie Forums. What an extraordinary member one site could have.

I don't think she will come back, and Swan's right, the more we try remember and miss her, the more we'll become a bit sad every day.

Lastly, I thought crick's post was hilarious. Not awkward at all. My kind of humor. :p

Wow Gatsby. I am touched. Truly.

Godoggo 04-06-16 07:56 PM

Is it stupid that this thread made me cry? I left for along time before, but I wasn't that we'll known then. I tend to disappear when life throws a big hairy crabapple at me, but things are better and I'm back and by my freadin' self. I returned to school because I want to be a professional writer and maybe teach humans instead of dogs, so I won't be as active as I used to be.

Now where the hell is Seanc!

TONGO 04-06-16 07:57 PM

Originally Posted by Godoggo (Post 1490741)
Is it stupid that this thread made me cry? I left for along time before, but I wasn't that we'll known then. I tend to disappear when life throws a big hairy crabapple at me, but things are better and I'm back and by my freadin' self. I returned to school because I want to be a professional writer and maybe teach humans instead of dogs, so I won't be as active as I used to be.

Very glad to see you back G! :) Seans about, he and Rauld will spaz.

seanc 04-06-16 07:57 PM

Originally Posted by Godoggo (Post 1490741)

Already left you a comment, but I'm sure everyone has. I should take priority though, obviously.

cricket 04-06-16 08:07 PM

:)

Sexy Celebrity 04-06-16 08:37 PM

Godoggo, what do you think about Donald Trump?

Godoggo 04-06-16 10:33 PM

Originally Posted by Sexy Celebrity (Post 1490781)
Godoggo, what do you think about Donald Trump?
Ha ha. He's got my vote! Gotrumpgo.

(I'm kidding.)

MovieMeditation 04-07-16 02:24 AM

No way! It's Godoggo :eek:

Welcome back!

christine 04-07-16 03:09 AM

Godoggo! Fantastic to see you back. Hope you can stay cos you see how much we love you xxx

Thursday Next 04-07-16 09:58 AM

Nice to see you back Godoggo! :)

False Writer 04-07-16 12:03 PM

We don't know each other (I believe I joined right as you left) but I've heard a lot about you, especially from this thread. It's good to see a great member active again. Welcome back!

Zotis 04-07-16 12:17 PM

Place just wasn't the same without Godoggo. :)

TONGO 06-02-16 03:01 PM

Shes been gone a week......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hM6Z-eOWXZQ

Sexy Celebrity 06-17-16 01:31 AM

So she's been gone for three weeks now.

Well, at least she came back three weeks ago. Or whenever it was. April.

rauldc14 06-17-16 09:39 AM

Her days as a regular poster are over I'm assuming.

donniedarko 07-07-16 12:18 AM

christine 07-07-16 03:18 AM

The main thing is tho that we know she's ok. That was my worry before, but now we know she's alright it's fine :)

gbgoodies 07-07-16 03:24 AM

Originally Posted by christine (Post 1542810)
The main thing is tho that we know she's ok. That was my worry before, but now we know she's alright it's fine :)

I agree, but she has to come back soon. She nominated a bunch of songs in the Old Fogey Song Tournament, and it will be starting soon. :)

Chypmunk 07-07-16 03:29 AM

Originally Posted by gbgoodies (Post 1542814)
I agree, but she has to come back soon. She nominated a bunch of songs in the Old Fogey Song Tournament, and it will be starting soon. :)
If she's not back before the start why not let them remain in as 'honorary nominations' anyway? Godoggo was the song tournaments when I joined. Some of us here don't auto-vote for our own songs so they'd hopefully not be at too much of a disadvantage.

gbgoodies 07-07-16 03:32 AM

Originally Posted by Chypmunk (Post 1542815)
If she's not back before the start why not let them remain in as 'honorary nominations' anyway? Godoggo was the song tournaments when I joined. Some of us here don't auto-vote for our own songs so they'd hopefully not be at too much of a disadvantage.

I was thinking about keeping them in. I'm going to send PM reminders to everyone who posted nominations about the song tournament, so hopefully she'll get it through her normal emails and come back to us.

christine 07-07-16 06:15 AM

Originally Posted by Chypmunk (Post 1542815)
oh yes I agree Chyp and GBG, great idea :)

rauldc14 08-28-16 03:57 PM

Channeling the satellite once again

MovieMeditation 08-28-16 03:58 PM

Originally Posted by rauldc14 (Post 1568780)
Channeling the satellite once again
I'm joining in... Let's make this signal a strong one people!

TONGO 09-27-16 08:32 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NFLkqJL-bsc