Movie Forums (http://www.movieforums.com/community/index.php)
-   Intermission: Miscellaneous Chat (http://www.movieforums.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   How Did You Choose Your Profile Name? (http://www.movieforums.com/community/showthread.php?t=28159)

The Rodent 04-03-12 09:22 PM

How Did You Choose Your Profile Name?

Had a look on the search engine and couldn't find a thread on this one. Sorry if it's been put up before but thought it would be interesting to find out where everyones names came from.

Mine is a story I wrote years and years ago when I was about 9 years old and I've been using it for all sorts of internet profiles since I got online.

I even drew up a graphic novel for it, but it was awful so I just decided to use the name on forums instead.

TylerDurden99 04-03-12 09:39 PM

Re: How Did You Choose Your Profile Name?

I was a huge fan of Fight Club when I joined up, and Tyler Durden was my favourite movie character. And since Fight Club was made in 1999, I decided on TylerDurden99.

bouncingbrick 04-03-12 09:43 PM

Awesome topic!

Many years ago, late 90s or early 2000s, I was trying to come up with internet logins that didn't involve my name followed by @usaf.gov. I don't remember what the site was, probably some goofy forum, and I was tired of the site telling me the name was already taken. So, I decided to think of two words that don't belong together in the hopes that there aren't as many loony people out there like me. The first word that popped into my head was "bouncing". I then thought "what doesn't bounce?"

Derp. Ta-da!

For the record, I'm the first bouncingbrick on the internet (at least by my 'professional' judgement). I'm bouncingbrick78 on Yahoo and Gmail. I'm bouncingbrick on Ebay, Steam and X-Box 360 (I'm Barry_Allen on PS3, long story). Feel free to friend me! I'm bouncingbrick most everywhere there's stuff to do on the internet.

filmgirlinterrupted 04-03-12 10:43 PM

Back in the day, before I had a full-time job and started a t-shirt company with the Mister, I used to have a movie review blog. I chose the name 'filmgirlinterrupted' for 2 reasons: a) I had a strong emotional connection with Winona Ryder's character, Susanna Kaysen, in "Girl, Interrupted" and b) I noticed that there weren't a lot of women with movie review websites and I wanted to lead the charge for my fellow geek girls. Most people just referred to me as 'fgi.'

Not the most exciting story, but there you have it :)

mark f 04-03-12 11:20 PM

I came to the Web pretty late (this millenium). Since I'm so full of myself, I decided I'd adopt a simple, "modest" (lower case) user name which was basically just me. I had no idea that in the past people needed to post a _ if they had a space in their user names, so people were always calling me mark_f, but I have always been mark f. And I'm still full of myself, so don't be fooled.

will.15 04-04-12 12:09 AM

Originally Posted by bouncingbrick (Post 802115)
Awesome topic!

Many years ago, late 90s or early 2000s, I was trying to come up with internet logins that didn't involve my name followed by @usaf.gov. I don't remember what the site was, probably some goofy forum, and I was tired of the site telling me the name was already taken. So, I decided to think of two words that don't belong together in the hopes that there aren't as many loony people out there like me. The first word that popped into my head was "bouncing". I then thought "what doesn't bounce?"

Derp. Ta-da!

For the record, I'm the first bouncingbrick on the internet (at least by my 'professional' judgement). I'm bouncingbrick78 on Yahoo and Gmail. I'm bouncingbrick on Ebay, Steam and X-Box 360 (I'm Barry_Allen on PS3, long story). Feel free to friend me! I'm bouncingbrick most everywhere there's stuff to do on the internet.
I want to change my forum name to bouncingboobies.

The Rodent 04-04-12 12:20 AM

I can't wait to see Yoda's answer. I haven't got a clue where he got that one.

will.15 04-04-12 12:25 AM

He misspelled yoga.

Miss Vicky 04-04-12 12:41 AM

This topic's been done before, but I think it's been awhile.

Anyway, I work as a receptionist at a veterinary clinic and have done so for a long time. My normal speaking voice is kind of gruff, so when I'm on the phone I try to smile and make myself sound more friendly. Apparently the actual result of that, so I've been told, is that I sound like a phone sex operator or a late night D.J. So much so that a previous manager used to jokingly tell me that if I wanted to make some extra money I should start a 900 number and call myself "Miss Vicky." Everytime she'd call the office, she'd ask me how much it was per minute.

Not long after I joined my very first internet forum at WarrenZevon.com. I tried to register under several appropriately Zevonian names, but all I tried were taken. So I tried "Miss Vicky" and it worked. To keep things simple, I've used the name at every forum I've joined since then.

The one big drawback of this name, though, is that I've had to deal with people calling me "Vicky" all the time. I absolutely HATE that name. My name is Victoria, but I've given up on trying to convince people online to call me that.

mark f 04-04-12 03:19 AM

I would have sworn you were Tiny Tim's wife, even if she spelled her name "Vicki". Still, very funny story.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R1P_GJD14I4

Miss Vicky 04-04-12 04:05 AM

^Yeah, no. The only "Tiny Tim" in my life is a fat orange cat who is currently fast alseep and snoring rather loudly.

will.15 04-04-12 04:48 AM

Tiny Tim's fifteen minutes of fame was ten minutes too long. He was fine when his act consisted of singing in front of Carson or Dick Martin as they stared in disbelief, but when he started to perform solo he sucked the oxygen out of the room. I heard him a few times on Howard Stern and was amazed to find he was apparently straight, talking in a normal voice, and complaining a later wife cheated on him. I saw him perform at Magic Mountain when he was still married to Miss Vicki and he was terrible, ending his act by laying on the floor and kicking his feet.

That Pat Paulsen routine wasn't too funny either. He should have stuck to his presidential campaign shtick.

Devils Angel 04-04-12 06:07 AM

Its my tattoo, and derived from a lot of inner turmoil i suffered as a teenager about good and evil.

I consider myself to be a nice person, but I know everyone has a bad side but my bad side was very self destructive. The Devil in me, the Angel in me.

Loner 04-04-12 06:43 AM

It's who I am.

Powderfinger 04-04-12 07:15 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ryvOjCGS6E4

bouncingbrick 04-04-12 09:31 AM

I'm going to be giving you a call later, Miss Vicky...:shifty:

Yoda 04-04-12 09:41 AM

Aye, it's been done (What does your username mean?) but a topic like this is worth re-doing as new people show up. :)

I'll summarize mine: it used to be different, I used a Yoda avatar all the time, so then I changed it.

Tyler1 04-04-12 09:42 AM

Tyler's my name. 1 is added because the username's not available :(

gandalf26 04-04-12 06:14 PM

I just love Gandalf and LOTR. Used to be my name on Halo and has been my username through many dangers.

HitchFan97 04-04-12 06:26 PM

Like people didn't know this already, but "HitchFan" is because Alfred Hitchcock is my favorite director, and the 97 is because I was born in 1997.

Sexy Celebrity 04-04-12 08:38 PM

It's something I thought up and approved.

bouncingbrick 04-04-12 08:54 PM

Originally Posted by HitchFan97 (Post 802329)
Like people didn't know this already, but "HitchFan" is because Alfred Hitchcock is my favorite director, and the 97 is because I was born in 1997.
Ug, you are the same age as my son...

How are you a Hitchcock fan at only 14? My son isn't interested in much that was released before he was born other than Back to the Future.

TylerDurden99 04-04-12 09:18 PM

I was a Tarkovsky fan at 14. I feel special.

The Rodent 04-04-12 09:22 PM

Robocop came out when I was 5 and I immediately became a Verhoeven fan.
Only because my parents didn't care what I watched.

akatemple 04-04-12 09:39 PM

I always hated my real name and as far back as I can remember around age 6 or 7 I have always wanted my name to be Temple.

HitchFan97 04-04-12 10:18 PM

Originally Posted by bouncingbrick (Post 802355)
Ug, you are the same age as my son...

How are you a Hitchcock fan at only 14? My son isn't interested in much that was released before he was born other than Back to the Future.
I watched Psycho some time last year and became more obsessed than Jimmy Stewart in Vertigo :D

bouncingbrick 04-04-12 10:50 PM

Originally Posted by HitchFan97 (Post 802366)
I watched Psycho some time last year and became more obsessed than Jimmy Stewart in Vertigo :D
You need to befriend my son. He's not really into anything other than sticking his earbuds in and ignoring everyone. And occasionally sitting down to play Black Ops Zombies with me and my middle son. He's pretty introverted.

I guess he'll come out of his shell one day...

Anyway, there's worse filmmakers you could obsess over! ;)

Tyler1 04-04-12 10:58 PM

Movies became my obsession only when I was 16. For the past 3 years it has taken over my life. Luckily I'm starting to preoccupy myself with other stuff such as studying mathematics.

donniedarko 04-05-12 12:16 AM

Originally Posted by HitchFan97 (Post 802329)
So was I. Hard to find younger Hitch fans. I just put an older age in my info cuz I thought it might be an 18+ forum. And I did my username cuz well it's my favorite movie

The Prestige 04-05-12 01:48 PM

Cool thread :)

My username has many layers of meanings, some of which is a bit too rude to mention on this forum, but the main one is pretty obvious. It's named after the 5th Christopher Nolan film of the same name, which I think I had only seen just a couple of months prior to joining this forum, and I thought that it sounded cool.

Nausicaä 04-05-12 02:53 PM

Just named after my second favourite Animation film ever, Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...icaaposter.jpg

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_l9...7evco1_500.gif

http://26.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lb...2sjko1_500.gif

HitchFan97 04-05-12 04:47 PM

Originally Posted by bouncingbrick (Post 802371)
Haha that's true! :D I've slowly broken Bay's choke hold over the cinematic tastes of my friends. I showed them Psycho and Pulp Fiction a few weeks ago and they loved them both :)

cuddlepie281289 05-08-12 10:04 PM

I use to love a book about gumdrop babies called Snugglepot and Cuddlepie when i was younger. I use to use snugglepot as my email username but that changed when Tangled was released and i use Cuddlepie for nearly every username i have on the internet. The 281289 following it is just my date of birth :)

Gabriella Lynn 05-08-12 11:46 PM

I've had 3, at least that I can remember so I am pretty positive those are the ones.
My first one was Adorkable9-High school, fake word we made up ( at least we thought we made it up lol). My second one was for Halo, scabs4life7234- gross I know but I lived at a children's home growing up and all the young boys liked calling me it cuz it rhymed with Gabby. The third one is the one you see now, my first and middle name. I like my full name and middle name together so I've stuck with it for about a year now!

Gabriella Lynn 05-08-12 11:49 PM

Oh and if anyone knows how to find old usernames and delete them, can you message me? If not, oh well lol.

Naisy 05-25-12 06:15 AM

The name is a cryptic shortening of my own name and the pic came with the computer and sheer laziness and having the longest reigning profile picture is my aim.

Gabriella Lynn 05-25-12 12:32 PM

Are you a boy or a girl? I bet I could guess your really name if you told me! :D

NavajoWhite 05-30-12 02:35 PM

I register to a lot of boards and usually, the name I want to take is already taken. So, a few months ago, I decided that I have to find a few unique names, so even if one of them is taken, I'll just skip to the other name. I prepared a "username list" notepad and wrote a lot of words there. I thought about different categories, like, colors, bird breeds, and desserts. Yep, I know it sounds lame but I was having a hard time finding a name that is not taken. So, my first choice was NavajoWhite from colors category. And since then I'm using this nickname. I didn't had to change to another name yet, but if I had to, I'd use "Indigo" or "Maroon". Yep, I used to practise html a few years ago :D .

Used Future 05-30-12 02:50 PM

As posted in my Grill A Mofo thread: -

I saw a documentary about the making of Alien a few years back. The program featured an interview with Dan O'Bannon, one of the writers. He went on to talk about Dark Star, an earlier film he co wrote with John Carpenter. During the conversation he touched on the films production design and how they'd gone for the look of a Used Future, i.e. a lived in, dirty, decaying future (as seen in Alien). As opposed to the gleaming white future depicted in say Kubrick's 2001: A Space Odyssey.

The term stuck in my mind; I liked the idea that you can interpret it in different ways. I love my 80's electro/synth-pop music, and feel Used Future also applies to that. That kind of music is now considered retro, i.e. Used, but it sounds futuristic too. So Used Future was a natural choice for me.:)

The Rodent 05-30-12 02:53 PM

You know something, UF...

... I had a feeling that was your reason.

Gabrielle947 05-30-12 03:24 PM

Well,it's my name although originally it's Gabrielė.Numbers indicate year and month of birth. In other forums,I choose a nickname Gabe but I think that in other countries it means a male name. :D

Yoda 05-30-12 04:18 PM

I made mine up. Totally by myself. The one guy from that movie is a total coincidence.

Gabrielle947 05-30-12 04:39 PM

So I presume that you also created that alien in your avatar all by yourself. :D

cinemaafficionado 05-31-12 01:42 AM

I was tired of people coming up to me and asking me for autographs so I just decided to post it, hoping that people would eventualy grow out of it:D

mastermetal777 05-31-12 01:44 AM

Just kinda came outta nowhere, to be honest. I'm really into heavy metal music, and the 777 part has to do with my faith (Christianity). It's been my username on many sites, and will remain so until I come up with something better :)

Gabriella Lynn 05-31-12 01:45 AM

Originally Posted by mastermetal777 (Post 816200)
Just kinda came outta nowhere, to be honest. I'm really into heavy metal music, and the 777 part has to do with my faith (Christianity). It's been my username on many sites, and will remain so until I come up with something better :)

My boyfriend loves metal so I've got really into it also. Have you heard the new For Today album?

mastermetal777 05-31-12 01:52 AM

I don't think I'm familiar with that band, sorry to say

Gabriella Lynn 05-31-12 01:55 AM

Oh well their christian and kick ass. I am not a big August Burns Red fan but I love For Today. You should check em out!

http://youtu.be/3G9TfyEY2zs

mastermetal777 05-31-12 01:56 AM

I might just do that. Thanks :D

Gabriella Lynn 05-31-12 01:58 AM

No problem, and if you don't like it, then oh well but you mentioned metal and christianity and it's hard finding that in Metal music.

honeykid 05-31-12 01:19 PM

Originally Posted by Gabriella Lynn (Post 816213)
Oh well their christian and kick ass.
http://www.caterersearch.com/blogs/c...og/monkey1.gif

eMilee 05-31-12 05:02 PM

Quite simply its my first name ... the reason the M is captilized is most people call me eM

dadgumblah 06-02-12 10:35 PM

Stems from the movie A Christmas Story. As "The Old Man" or rather, the dad in the film (Darren McGavin) spouts mostly nonsensical curse words during the film, you expect one out of his mouth every time he has an extended piece of dialogue. A friend of mine was watching the film and when the scene where the dad and family are driving and have a flat tire arrives, "The Old Man" naturally says something. What he actually says is "Dad-gum, blowout!" In the US, "Dad-gum" is a softer way to say "Damn" around the kids. My friend swore up and down that "The Old Man" said, "Dadgumblah!" Giving that he used nonsensical cursing, I could see why he'd think that. But I've got the DVD and have seen it on tv numerous times, and used the captioning on it, and it specifically says, "Dad-gum, blowout!" I tried to convince him of this, but he stuck to his guns. We are no longer friends. But not because of that argument. :)

Cream 06-07-12 11:36 AM

I like ice-cream. Somehow i chose to leave out the first part. :o

Sleezy 06-07-12 12:34 PM

Could have sworn there was an old thread on this.

Real simple. When I was in 5th or 6th grade, we had to take a standardized test and the company that printed the test documents got my last name wrong. Instead of "Elzy," humorously, they changed it to "Sleezy." We all thought that was pretty funny, and a friend of mine in particular took to it. He still calls me "Sleezy."

Arch Stanton 06-15-12 12:39 PM

Two reasons:

1. I wanted something film-connected. Arch Stanton is the name of the character who's supposedly buried in the cemetery in The Good the Bad and the Ugly, but the grave is where the loot is. I liked the idea of a fictional character within a work of fiction.

2. A few years back I worked in tele-sales. You can usually tell straight away whether the person on the other end of the line is going to be worth the effort. When they weren't I'd ask "Is Arch Stanton there?" and when they said no I'd apologise and hang up. That way I made things seem more normal and avoided scaring old ladies. Again, I chose the name because it referred to a non-existent person (though if I'd thought harder about it I'd have chosen George Kaplan).

Holden Pike 10-02-12 09:49 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Longtime MoFos know this from older threads, and Western fans can figure it out, but my handle comes from Sam Peckinpah's The Wild Bunch (1969). The character William Holden plays is Pike Bishop. The end.

http://www.movieforums.com/community...1&d=1349181941

Actually came up with the name very quickly one day, back when I first staring hanging around movie message boards in the late 1990s. At first my alias was always George Kaplan, the character who doesn't exist yet Cary Grant's Roger O Thornhill is mistaken for in Hitchcock's North by Northwest. But that one was a little too obvious, on the nose, and I kept running into other people who had the same bright idea. So just on a whim I added Holden and Pike together, having NO idea I would be stuck with it for the next fourteen years and counting.

Not that I mind being stuck with it, I like it. It's actually a kinda perfect nom de plume. I just had no concept in that instant in 1998 or whenever it was that I would be doing this sort of nonsense FOREVER.

Exist 10-02-12 10:35 AM

I really do not remember. I might've been depressed or highfalutin at the time; sort of regret it now. Doesn't make much difference.

little bo peep...lost her sheep...:(

wintertriangles 10-02-12 12:10 PM

I like stars

Deadite 10-02-12 12:16 PM

It's a horror movie reference. :)

Exist 10-02-12 12:46 PM

^very interesting and informative, short and sweet with no whining :)

ozgen 10-02-12 01:00 PM

my username is near to my name. ozge+n
that's all. i have no story

Ricomu 10-06-12 03:06 AM

When I was little I played the first Tenchu game and it was by far my favorite. I was obsessed with ninjas. I wrote a page full of potential ninja names and "Ricomu" was my favorite. It's been my go-to username since.

If you do a lot of internet digging you'll find an attempt at a website by a very young me. It talks about the "Rin Pyo Toh Sha Kai Jin Retsu Zai Zin" (can't believe I remembered that) that Rikimaru (sp?) chants in a cut scene.

The Rodent 10-06-12 03:21 AM

My brother had a cat called Billymaru... named after the fact he was completely black, faster than lightning when he needed to be and could vanish at will then reappear out of nowhere... usually with a dead mouse or bird.

He was going to call him Billy, but he loved Tenchu as well so he added the 'maru' at the end.
He is Billymaru, he is a shadow.

Powderfinger 10-06-12 05:19 AM

Originally Posted by The Rodent (Post 848312)
My brother had a cat called Billymaru... named after the fact he was completely black, faster than lightning when he needed to be and could vanish at will then reappear out of nowhere... usually with a dead mouse or bird.

He was going to call him Billy, but he loved Tenchu as well so he added the 'maru' at the end.
I was thinking something totally different...lol! :D

PeterVincent 10-06-12 06:19 AM

I was watching Fright Night (the original) and the character Peter Vincent introduced himself just as I was registering, hence the creation of the profile PeterVincent.

I know...it's an intense story.

Ricomu 10-06-12 04:33 PM

Originally Posted by The Rodent (Post 848312)

Lol. That's awesome. Tenchu was amazing.

Tripod 10-06-12 10:06 PM

Well HG Wells is one of my favorite writers and the War of the Worlds is one of my favorite books and in the book the alien invaders are called Tripods so being the sci-fi dork I am I went with this name.

Ash_Lee 10-08-12 03:11 PM

About 9 or 10 years ago I was a member of another online community, although since it was the first one I was a prominent member of I thought of it as more of an online family, and I carried my name from that one onto here.

In all honesty, I can't remember the reason why I chose Ash_lee, apart from perhaps being fond of the name Ash at the time.

I can guess however, that I probably thought Ash wasn't enough and decided to bulk it up slightly. No doubt trying to be clever, I decided to do this by mutilating a regular Christian name and splitting it into a full name with Surname.

I still don't like unnecessary empty spaces (or what I believe to be unnecessary), which is probably why I joined everything together with an underscore (hyphen's are untidy dammit!).

And thus Ash_Lee was born.

What a tedious story :D

cricket 10-09-12 11:26 PM

Cricket was my first pet's name, a black cat who passed away 4 years ago. I loved him and miss him very much.

Kimmie 10-10-12 01:46 PM

my name! :)

lundy1026 10-11-12 03:31 PM

simple:

lundy is my nickname (My last name is Lundberg)
1026 is Oct 26 [2008], the day me and my man FINALLY first started dating after knowing eachother for 7 years and me wanting him SO bad. We are just 2 weeks and 1 day away from our 4 year anniversary! And happy as can be! :)

bellika 11-17-12 12:52 PM

Well, always carried around with my last name as my username. So woaow now you know my last name, + I'm norwegian so you might not get it..

WSSlover 12-07-12 06:49 AM

My profile name is rather self-explanatory, but I'll describe how I chose it anyway:

WSS is short for West Side Story, which is my all time favorite movie. My profile name denotes my love for this great, venerable old classic.

thatbleedingblueboy 12-10-12 12:04 AM

Originally Posted by Deadite (Post 847355)
It's a horror movie reference. :)
and a good movie reference at that ! As for me, I chose my Profile Name from lyrics from a song by one of my favorite bands
[Song; Caraphernelia Band; Pierce The Veil]

BlueLion 01-18-13 09:59 PM

I'm a Chelsea fan in football/soccer. The blue lion is in the logo.

Iroquois 01-18-13 10:15 PM

Originally Posted by Yoda (Post 802245)
Aye, it's been done (What does your username mean?) but a topic like this is worth re-doing as new people show up. :)

I'll summarize mine: it used to be different, I used a Yoda avatar all the time, so then I changed it.
I had a feeling I'd already started this thread before. Also, what did TWTCommish (is that how it's spelled?) mean anyway?

As for my name, well, I liked Metal Gear Solid 2 at the time and "Iroquois" was an alias used by one of the game's characters that I thought sounded cool so I decided to use it.

CaptainKangarooPimp 01-19-13 03:30 AM

Black Dynamite

stailinistit 01-30-13 04:24 PM

Mine means in Romanian something like "don't worry!" (there are, in fact, two words: "stai linistit")...

I said that a lot to my parents while I was preparing for my high school final exams, because they didn't see me studying...

earlsmoviepicks 01-30-13 06:13 PM

finger was up my nose, and suddenly it came to me

Frightened Inmate No. 2 02-01-13 11:23 PM

Arrested Development reference

Kakarot89 02-02-13 12:03 AM

Kakarot is the birth name of one of the characters on Dragon Ball and 1989 is the year I was born (DBZ also debuted in Japan the day before I was born). I mainly started using it as a joke on Mortal Kombat but then started using it everywhere.

teeter_g 02-02-13 01:07 PM

It's my nickname plus my last initial. Fairly straight forward. LOL!

Mr Minio 02-02-13 03:59 PM

It's the username I've been using for like 8 years. The funny thing is I can't even remember how did I come up with this one.

Baecker 02-09-13 02:53 PM

my birth last name... guess I got lucky and no one else thought of it yet...

Yasashii 02-10-13 10:51 AM

I used to love anime. Yasashii is japanese for kind, soft, nice. It's ironic since I can be an a-hole sometimes.

twisted_state 02-22-13 06:27 AM

By the song that wake me up every single day, by BRMC

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-kOowZpVGU

thatbleedingblueboy 03-27-13 11:53 AM

my username was taken from a song lyric I like, and I figured it stands out since I enjoy horror movies..

(for those wondering, the song is Caraphernelia by Pierce The Veil; and the lyrics are "this dizzy dreamer and her bleeding little blue boy") ..all I did was remove the word 'little' and changed the word 'her' to 'that'

Guaporense 03-28-13 04:46 PM

It's a name I tend to use in several forums. For instance, I am a skyscraper buff, so I have a Guaporense account on Skyscraper City, which is a forum about cities and skyscrapers, since I came from a town named Guapore, I decided this would be my username there and since I am a history buff and a WW2 buff, so I have a Guaporense account on Axis History forum, Armchair General forums and on the history forums.

Plus on several forums in portuguese as well.

CelluloidChild 03-28-13 06:14 PM

I grew up during the lengthy era of 35 mm celluloid films, and loving watching them in the movie theater - even when sitting in the back and I could hear the whirr of the movie projector.

Now 35 mm celluloid is almost obsolete as a medium. While there are lots of advantages to digital film-making, a big disadvantage is the quality of the image on the screen in the cinema. The image often lacks depth and appears too dark. I often get a better quality image watching a movie via my computer.

There have been some critiques (probably not enough) of the screen image seen via digital projectors. Hopefully, the cinemas - particularly the large movie theater chains - will find a way of rectifying this problem.

Guaporense 03-29-13 10:15 PM

Agree about that. I saw The Hobbit on a digital screen and I remembered that the images didn't look better than those of a computer screen.

Strontium 03-29-13 10:32 PM

2000 AD/Dredd fans would understand what my profile name means ;)

The Rodent 03-29-13 10:36 PM

Check my #2 film choice... love the dawg... as it were ;)

The Rodent 03-29-13 10:46 PM

@ Strontium...

2 minute Rodent Avatar Creation... if thee wants it?

http://i1163.photobucket.com/albums/...ps63e57600.jpg

Cobpyth 03-30-13 09:14 AM

It's my longtime nickname. The explanation is pretty simple:

Cobra -ra + Python -on = Cobpyth

Yoda 03-30-13 12:17 PM

Originally Posted by Guaporense (Post 890592)
It's a name I tend to use in several forums. For instance, I am a skyscraper buff, so I have a Guaporense account on Skyscraper City, which is a forum about cities and skyscrapers, since I came from a town named Guapore, I decided this would be my username there and since I am a history buff and a WW2 buff, so I have a Guaporense account on Axis History forum, Armchair General forums and on the history forums.

Plus on several forums in portuguese as well.
What's it mean?

Drizzle14 04-05-13 05:30 PM

It's an old nickname people used to call me a few years ago when I worked in radio.

The Duchess 07-16-13 12:09 PM

The name comes from a costume character of mine: The Duchess

http://img854.imageshack.us/img854/8840/fklm.jpg
Uploaded with ImageShack.us

http://img822.imageshack.us/img822/3373/w9wb.jpg
Uploaded with ImageShack.us

weeman 07-16-13 01:28 PM

Not after the guy from Jackass. Not after that guy. :p

It was when I was three in Nursery at school. I have always been short for my age, but when I was younger, I was incredibly short for my age. At least half the height of everyone else in my Nursery class. The only overriding memory of that time was a Scottish boy who was only there for about two weeks, but he kept calling me "wee man". Hence, weeman.

NOT THE GUY FROM JACKASS.

The Rodent 07-16-13 01:31 PM

Wow... we have that guy from Jackass on the forum!! :D :D :D