Movie Forums (http://www.movieforums.com/community/index.php)
-   General Movie Discussion (http://www.movieforums.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   What's Your Least Favorite/Most Hated Movie... and Why? (http://www.movieforums.com/community/showthread.php?t=45266)

NextScorsese 05-24-16 10:14 PM

Originally Posted by Omnizoa (Post 1520785)
Ignoring the gun-fu, it's an incredibly cheesy movie, but I feel like SOMEONE had to eventually take that oppressive government trope and dial it up to 11 with "sense offense".
Oh, I am fully aware of it's cheesiness, but there's something about the way the story is told that makes it so I don't mind it that much, it's just one of those things I can't seem to put my thumb on how they do it.

Iroquois 05-25-16 10:25 AM

Originally Posted by Omnizoa (Post 1520775)
Oh really? I wouldn't have pegged you for that.
I'm just full of surprises.

Originally Posted by Omnizoa (Post 1520785)
Ignoring the gun-fu, it's an incredibly cheesy movie, but I feel like SOMEONE had to eventually take that oppressive government trope and dial it up to 11 with "sense offense".
Well, yeah, it's a mishmash of pretty much every dystopian trope there is and it looks like a pretty unapologetic Matrix rip-off on the surface. It's not like the "sense offence" thing was especially new - as I recall, it was THX-1138 that originally introduced the concept of a dystopia where citizens must take medication to dull their emotions. In any case, if it's such a cheesy movie, then imagine how bad Ultraviolet must be if people who liked Equilibrium thought it was atrocious?

NextScorsese 05-25-16 10:28 AM

Originally Posted by Iroquois (Post 1520942)
then imagine how bad Ultraviolet must be if people who liked Equilibrium thought it was atrocious?
Hey, don't go putting words in my mouth, I am fully aware that Equilibrium is a dumb movie, I just enjoy watching it as more of a guilty pleasure.

Iroquois 05-25-16 10:32 AM

Originally Posted by NextScorsese (Post 1520943)
Hey, don't go putting words in my mouth, I am fully aware that Equilibrium is a dumb movie, I just enjoy watching it as more of a guilty pleasure.
I'm not putting words in your mouth, this was supposed to be in response to Omnizoa so as to seriously illustrate why Ultraviolet is so bad (since they seem to have a rather low opinion of Equilibrium in the first place, yet still seems to think that clips of Ultraviolet don't make it seem as bad as Aeon Flux).

NextScorsese 05-25-16 10:38 AM

Originally Posted by Iroquois (Post 1520948)
I'm not putting words in your mouth, this was supposed to be in response to Omnizoa so as to seriously illustrate why Ultraviolet is so bad (since they seem to have a rather low opinion of Equilibrium in the first place, yet still seems to think that clips of Ultraviolet don't make it seem as bad as Aeon Flux).
Okay then, my bad.

The way I see it though, Aeon Flux was awful, but at the very least I could forget about it, but with Ultraviolet, I get a headache just thinking about it, every moment of bad acting, every terriblely done action sequence, every single horrendus visual effect. ]

Iroquois 05-25-16 10:39 AM

Re: What's Your Least Favorite/Most Hated Movie... and Why?

Fortunately, I don't seem to remember too much about either film, but I remember enough to know that neither one is really worth a second chance.

NextScorsese 05-25-16 10:42 AM

Yeah, I ranked Ultraviolet as 9 in my top ten worst films of all time, I think it's that bad.

Omnizoa 05-25-16 12:10 PM

Originally Posted by Iroquois
THX-1138
I have not seen that.

since they seem to have a rather low opinion of Equilibrium in the first place,
Not really, I like it. It's just a very mixed opinions movie.

yet still seems to think that clips of Ultraviolet don't make it seem as bad as Aeon Flux
I haven't seen either of those movies so I frequently confuse the two.

idoneus1957 05-27-16 11:59 AM

I never thought I would walk out of a movie that co-starred Meg Tilly, but I walked out on "Sleep With Me." The characters were just so annoying.