Movie Forums (http://www.movieforums.com/community/index.php)
-   Movie Forums Site Stuff (http://www.movieforums.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   MoFo Fantasy Football 2023 - Sign-Ups (http://www.movieforums.com/community/showthread.php?t=68632)

TONGO 08-22-23 03:30 PM

....which could be a ruse to get me to stop trying to win, because I can. Ah Ha! I got you.

Wyldesyde19 08-22-23 03:44 PM

I’ve done a few over the past week. Pretty happy with who I have been able to grab so far, as it’s almost always the same first four players. This won’t happen in our league, of course.

Powdered Water 08-25-23 03:05 PM

Re: MoFo Fantasy Football 2023 - Sign-Ups

Draft is here already... I think I mean this. I hope you all get terrible players and yahoo's auto draft gives me the greatest team in the history of sport. Due to inflation I no longer can afford crack so I just don't think I'll be awake to participate in the draft. Have fun everyone and here's to hoping yahoo doesn't draft me 2 defenses and 2 kickers!

Sedai 08-25-23 03:23 PM

Originally Posted by Powdered Water (Post 2407876)
Draft is here already... I think I mean this. I hope you all get terrible players and yahoo's auto draft gives me the greatest team in the history of sport. Due to inflation I no longer can afford crack so I just don't think I'll be awake to participate in the draft. Have fun everyone and here's to hoping yahoo doesn't draft me 2 defenses and 2 kickers!
If it does, I hope my two defenses and two kickers are just as good!

Yoda 08-25-23 03:25 PM

There was a year, a few years back, where I did very little prep until right before the draft and ended up winning, so I'm going to decide that's an actual strategy rather than dumb luck/unlikely to repeat.

TONGO 08-25-23 08:28 PM

If I end up with Cooper Kupp, Jonathan Taylor, and Alvin Kamara that means I had to work late and missed the draft.

TONGO 08-26-23 12:23 PM

Oh, and if I end up autodrafting Deshaun Watson ill kick his ass to the curb
. So there

Holden Pike 08-26-23 01:14 PM

Originally Posted by Powdered Water (Post 2407876)
Due to inflation I no longer can afford crack so I just don't think I'll be awake to participate in the draft.
You won't be awake at 3:00 in the afternoon? Aren't you still in Washington?

Yoda 08-26-23 01:31 PM

Don't do crack, kids.

TONGO 08-27-23 10:06 AM

Tonight's the night bros, 6pm est, be there or beware.

TONGO 08-27-23 11:53 AM

Been doing mocks the past few days. You can definitely tell 12 team is the most popular option, and getting a middle slot in there seems the hardest.

Wyldesyde19 08-27-23 01:47 PM

Visiting my dad for his birthday in Pa. Which means two hours there, a few hours with him, and then two hours back.
I’ll probably end up drafting a few rounds from the car, provided I can connect.

Holden Pike 08-27-23 02:03 PM

My other draft is in 57 minutes. We get our order randomly assigned a half hour before it begins.

Holden Pike 08-27-23 02:10 PM

Originally Posted by TONGO (Post 2408259)
Been doing mocks the past few days. You can definitely tell 12 team is the most popular option, and getting a middle slot in there seems the hardest.
I love being either first or last. I know you have to wait a hell of a long time between turns but to get your top two choices free and clear each time makes me happy. I hate having to choose between two and then invariably whether I have to wait two or seven turns somebody takes my second choice.

Holden Pike 08-27-23 02:39 PM

I drew ninth out of ten teams for my other league. We'll see how it goes. See you all around 5:30 in the draft room.

Yoda 08-27-23 06:04 PM

Playing in a softball championship game at we speak so I might end up starting from my phone. Here's hoping I get back in time.

Wyldesyde19 08-27-23 06:20 PM

Originally Posted by Yoda (Post 2408308)
Playing in a softball championship game at we speak so I might end up starting from my phone. Here's hoping I get back in time.
Nothing personal but I hope you have horrible service and auto draft Players like Kenyan Drake, James Robinson(both without teams as of today!), Baker Mayfield, and so on…..
Although auto drafting seems to have worked well for others in the past few years…..
😜

rauldc14 08-27-23 06:45 PM

Originally Posted by Yoda (Post 2408308)
I imagine you trying to catch a fly ball and draft at the same time.

Powdered Water 08-28-23 08:08 AM

Originally Posted by Holden Pike (Post 2408080)
You won't be awake at 3:00 in the afternoon? Aren't you still in Washington?
I'm working nights now so yeah, daytime stuff is an issue. Probably not gonna do it for much longer tho. I really don't like the schedule but I needed work and it was available quickly.