Movie Forums (http://www.movieforums.com/community/index.php)
-   General Movie Discussion (http://www.movieforums.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Your Favorite Bad Movies (http://www.movieforums.com/community/showthread.php?t=30716)

PHANTELM 10-21-13 04:32 AM

Re: Your Favorite Bad Movies

Welcome to the jungle
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2

The Gunslinger45 10-21-13 10:18 PM

My guiltiest of guilty pleasures

Rock of Ages
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HaHXtgaF3Nc

Reidy 10-24-13 08:49 AM

The Wicker Man with Nic Cage...My GOD this film is so insanely awful, but it almost succeeds by it's utter insanity. I mean the Bear costume..."Not the Bees!!" I flat out can't get enough of this film.
One day Cage will write a book on his acting style, nouveau shamanic, and the world will change forever.

Vampire's Kiss (also Cage) is a masterpiece of insanity. He thinks he's a vampire, but he isn't, and gets turned on by a bat.

Another great one is Bad Taste. I think it's Peter Jackson's first movie. Aliens are harvesting people from New Zealand for their fast food chain. Looks like the budget was about a fiver. 'I'm a Derek, and Derek;s don't run!'

stolenchild 10-26-13 03:33 PM

I agree with 'Fascist Hag' (there's a phrase I never thought I'd say)...Tommy Wiseau's 'The Room' has it all: worst acting, worst script, worst editing, worst music, worst directing, worst plot (although one might argue this movie doesn't have a plot...hell, one might also argue this is just images captured on celluloid, rather than a movie)...
Whenever I feel down, I sometimes watch a random clip from 'The Room' to remind myself that my own screwups aren't nearly as bad as this movie. God bless Tommy Wiseau...

bighuey 10-26-13 09:37 PM

Godzilla the Matthew Broderick version. Contrived impossible situations, but fun to watch.

BlueLion 10-27-13 05:21 AM

I really need to see The Room. I've watched several clips of it on YouTube, some of them more than once. I didn't know whether to laugh or cry.

PeterVincent 10-27-13 08:33 AM

http://dvdmedia.ign.com/media/review...erII2guys2.jpg

stolenchild 10-27-13 10:00 AM

I believe the room can be found in its entirety on youtube...I recommend you see it. You'll probably need to see a doctor afterward, perhaps even be hospitalized, but it'll make you appreciated each and every bad movie out there. Seriously, Batman and Robin is Shakespeare compared to the Room;)

mathi 10-27-13 01:11 PM

The worst movie I've ever seen is Zebraman. Like BlueLion, I didn't know whether to laugh or cry. Epic, Hulk looks like Einstein in front of him. And the most fantastic is that they have made a Zebraman 2... Enjoy!

The Gunslinger45 10-27-13 01:24 PM

Originally Posted by BlueLion (Post 981529)
I really need to see The Room. I've watched several clips of it on YouTube, some of them more than once. I didn't know whether to laugh or cry.
More of a combo of laughing, groaning, and taking Advil for a gigantic headache for me.

Gideon58 10-29-13 11:30 AM

Shocked to find mention of WHO FRAMED ROGER RABBIT? on this list...the film is brilliant...it won 4 Academy Awards, it has no business on this thread.

Gideon58 10-29-13 11:32 AM

I liked BLUE STREAK...one of Lawrence's funnier efforts, it doesn't belong on this thread. There's a difference between bad movies and unsuccessful movies.

WSSlover 11-04-13 10:50 PM

A favorite bad movie?!? The Town, for me, comes to mind, because, imho, it's one of these movies that's so bad that it's good. On the one hand, The Town is a hyped-up, cartoon-like piece of junk that's more like a feature-length, made-for-TV soap opera than a regular movie, and, on the other hand, The Town has provoked many lively discussions, if one gets the drift.

-KhaN- 11-05-13 06:40 PM

Batman and Robin (i'm Batman fan) and last Resident Evil that was just bad!

Arcanis 11-06-13 12:41 AM

the Room, Army of Darkness and Sharknado are the three "best" ones that come to mind.

Miss Vicky 11-06-13 12:43 AM

Originally Posted by WSSlover (Post 985095)
A favorite bad movie?!? The Town, for me, comes to mind, because, imho, it's one of these movies that's so bad that it's good. On the one hand, The Town is a hyped-up, cartoon-like piece of junk that's more like a feature-length, made-for-TV soap opera than a regular movie, and, on the other hand, The Town has provoked many lively discussions, if one gets the drift.

Gee, there's a surprise.

Originally Posted by Arcanis (Post 985682)
the Room, Army of Darkness and Sharknado are the three "best" ones that come to mind.
Army of Darkness is NOT a bad movie!

Arcanis 11-06-13 12:54 AM

Originally Posted by Miss Vicky (Post 985683)
Army of Darkness is NOT a bad movie!
Evil Dead II struck a great balance between comedy and horror, but I felt that that Army of Darkness, went really overboard, especially with the evil Ash and Bruce Campbell's performance. I do want to watch it again, though, now that I've finally seen II.