Movie Forums (http://www.movieforums.com/community/index.php)
-   Upcoming Movies & Sequels (http://www.movieforums.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Inception (Christopher Nolan film schedule for early 2010) (http://www.movieforums.com/community/showthread.php?t=18741)

messangerthug 03-03-09 07:58 PM

Re: Inception (Christopher Nolan film schedule for early 2010)

that is what is supposed to happen anything else disturbs the natural order of things and could cause the end of the world

The Prestige 03-05-09 11:46 AM

Anyway...the cast for the lead has almost been confirmed.

http://www.firstshowing.net/2009/03/...ans-inception/

I was hoping for a Guy Pearce reunion personally. But I do quite like Leonardo Dicaprio as an actor so i'm not that bothered really.

EDIT - It's hitting the screen on July 16th 2010. It's been confirmed everywhere. I'm getting a little pumped. Neither Nolan or Dicaprio have done sci-fi thrillers before. I'm keepin' a close eye on this one.

Justin 03-05-09 12:14 PM

Very pleased with the choice. DiCaprio has really blossomed into a good actor.

The Prestige 04-29-09 04:46 PM

Well well, this is shaping up rather nicely cast wise. Joseph Levitt Gordon has joined the cast alongside Marion Cotillard, Ellen Page and Michael Caine. Oh, and Cillian Murphy. Great cast so far. Not too thrilled about Page being there but oh well.

http://www.empireonline.com/news/feed.asp?NID=24655

meatwadsprite 04-29-09 06:20 PM

So it is science fiction , I was just wondering what Nolan's sci-fi flick would be like.

The Prestige 04-29-09 07:09 PM

Originally Posted by meatwadsprite (Post 525778)
So it is science fiction , I was just wondering what Nolan's sci-fi flick would be like.

Yeah i've always wondered what a a sci-fi film from Nolan would be like as well. But there is an article from where Michael Caine has claimed that 'Inception will be extroadanairy'.

I_am_keyser_soze 04-30-09 05:16 AM

i'm really excited about inception, it's good to see him doing something different. apparently leonardo dicaprio is gonna be in it, though not confirmed yet and cillian murphy too.

by the way this is my first ever post.

Pyro Tramp 04-30-09 08:31 AM

Err was The Prestige not S-F?

meatwadsprite 04-30-09 09:01 AM

Yeah , but that one dosen't count.

The Prestige 04-30-09 01:34 PM

Originally Posted by Pyro Tramp (Post 526017)
Err was The Prestige not S-F?
It had small elements of sci fi but I definitely wouldn't wholey put it in the sci-fi genre.

The Prestige 06-21-09 12:23 AM

It's commenced filming. The locations are vast, though. They are filming in like 6 different countries including Japan and the film has a budget of $200 million. It's just started it's first filming location in Japan as I type.

Here is a link and a picture of a few of the cast and Nolan.

http://filmonic.com/nolans-inception-starts-filming

Johnny Chimpo 06-21-09 12:51 PM

As an admitted Christopher Nolan fanboy, I am VERY excited for this movie. Way to go Prestige for finding and posting.

Yoda 06-21-09 02:58 PM

That article says what's on my mind: $200 million?! Really? I dunno, that seems crazy high.

Still, whatever the budget, I'm definitely getting excited about this one. Nolan's more or less reached the point with me where I'll always give him the benefit of the doubt and give anything he does a shot.

The Prestige 06-22-09 08:30 AM

Originally Posted by Yoda (Post 542591)

Still, whatever the budget, I'm definitely getting excited about this one. Nolan's more or less reached the point with me where I'll always give him the benefit of the doubt and give anything he does a shot.
Amen to that, man. It's sounding more and more intriguing even though we know very little of the story. The fact that it's his most original film since Memento is enough to get excited about it. I don't know about you though but I can't help but think of The Cell when I think about the concept of the film.

Your right, $200 is ridiculously high for a "small" film, which is what Nolan said he wanted after the massive Dark Knight. Either the film is gonna be effects heavy or Nolan wants to use those really expensive IMAX cameras again. Hopefully it's latter!

The Prestige 06-23-09 10:15 AM

A small little interview with Joseph Levitt Gordan on this film. I'll copy and paste and then add a link:

Joseph Gordon-Levitt Is Looking Forward To

Working With Chris Nolan On ‘Inception’

Published by Adam Rosenberg on Monday, June 15, 2009 at 12:00 pm.
http://www.mtv.com/shared/promoimage.../140x105_d.jpgG.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra” star Joseph Gordon-LevittHesher.” Gordon-Levitt also spoke up a little bit on what he’s doing after “Hesher,” with “Batman Begins”/”The Dark Knight” director Christopher Nolan. It was really more of a non-comment, but we’ll take what we can get! took some time out of his busy schedule last week to speak with MTV’s Josh Horowitz. The focus of the chat was the actor’s next project, Spencer Susser’s family drama “
“Here’s the thing,” Gordon-Levitt told MTV. “I cant wait to talk to you about ["Inception"] but I’ve been very specifically asked not to talk about it. I want to respect [director Chris Nolan's wishes] because I love his movies and I’m so honored and grateful to be working with him.” Very mysterious, eh? But wait! There’s more!
There’s apparently a very specific reason for Nolan’s insistence on maintaining the silence for now. “He’s got a really specific idea and way he wants people to be presented with this thing,” Gordon-Levitt said of the director’s plans. You readers may or may not remember, but Nolan first established himself on the Hollywood radar with his smart memory loss thriller “Memento,” a film which is all the more effective when the mystery is upheld going into it.
Variety has previously reported that “Inception” is “a contemporary sci-fi actioner set within the architecture of the mind,” so it sounds as though we may be in store for a similar sort of head-scratcher.
Regardless, we know that Gordon-Levitt will play a role of some significance within the film. He wouldn’t go into any specifics of course, but he offered a sly response to the question of his role’s size. “I’m going to be working on it for awhile,” he said, laughing.

http://moviesblog.mtv.com/2009/06/15...-on-inception/
Hmm, seems like there is a really good reason why Nolan is keeping this project as guarded as possble. This has convinced me to stop digging for plot details. Seems like the less we know the more of a treat we'll get.

P.S, how cool is it that Joseph Levitt is in a Nolan film!! The boy is an awesome actor and I can't wait to see what he does in this.

Also I am still not too thrilled by the budget size. I'm worried that maybe WB are expecting trillions of dollars from Nolan from now as indicated by green lighting an massive budget. This could pressure Nolan and make him feel like he has to do something completely conventional in order to bring in buckets of revenue. Hopefully the budget won't be too big a factor. Maybe they felt like the owed him, who knows. I think IMAX could be a big part of this film, though. Nolan is clearly in love with the format and feels it's underused. I really hope that's what explains the budget.

The Prestige 08-16-09 02:23 PM

Looks like we are going to get an early teaser trailer..

http://screenrant.com/inception-teas...y-niall-21127/

Leo_Lover 08-16-09 09:09 PM

This is going to be one interesting film & I can't wait to see it :D. Especially because Leo is in it ;D.

Leo_Lover 08-19-09 10:37 PM

Just a Head's Up:

If you go over to JustJared.com they have heaps of pics of all the actors on set of this film :D.

jrs 08-20-09 04:16 PM

Inception Teaser Trailer Description and Possible Plot Details

The teaser trailer for Christopher Nolan’s Inception, which is attached to Inglourious Basterds, might not be online until next week. If true, this means you’ll have to see it on the big screen if you want to see it before next week.

A scooper on IMDB called WiiMovies has seen the teaser, which is almost a minute in length. Description below:

It starts with the Warner Bros Logo in grey. Then you see Chris Nolan name. This dradle like thing is spinning around. Director of The Dark Knight words. You see Leo’s face. Over shot of a city, shaking camera shot. Words come on screen “YOUR MIND”. Shot of Leo. More words “IS THE SCENE OF THE CRIME” Then you see a glass of water, with the water in the glass startes to tilt. People fighting in hallway. Gordon-Levitt is one of the guys that’s fighting in the Hallway, on the ceiling and walls. You see a quick shot of his face. The word “INCEPTION” comes up. Then SUMMER 2010.
Sounds pretty cool, but what is Inception about? A possible plot description has been floating around the internet for a couple months now, mostly under the radar. Rotten Tomatoes forum reposts the plot line as the following:

Inception is about entering peoples’ minds/dreams. A technology to do so has been developed and is done through an injection. DiCaprio and his team work to enter the minds of other characters in order to retrieve/plant information.
Source: /film

Pawn 08-20-09 04:29 PM

Originally Posted by Justin (Post 506600)
Very pleased with the choice. DiCaprio has really blossomed into a good actor.
Blossomed? Hasn't he always kind of been a good actor? This Boy's Life was amazing and he was 16.