Movie Forums (http://www.movieforums.com/community/index.php)
-   General Movie Discussion (http://www.movieforums.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   The Next Countdown: The Sixties vs Animation (http://www.movieforums.com/community/showthread.php?t=36953)

Harry Lime 08-23-14 05:27 PM

Re: The Next Countdown: The Sixties vs Animation

We can decide on the parameters of the animation list if it wins this poll by adding another poll - runtimes and percentage of animation in the film and all that.

rauldc14 08-23-14 05:28 PM

So since the top dogs of the forum want animation that's what it will be. I can feel it.

Harry Lime 08-23-14 05:29 PM

Also, Yoda told me that if it looks like the sixties are going to win he is going to change the results in the database so that animation wins. So you may as well vote animation, don't force Yoda to have to go down that path.

jiraffejustin 08-23-14 05:29 PM

If it's for features only, I'd rather do an animation list. I would love a separate list for shorts, but I doubt that's going to happen.

The 60s are a sure thing though. Kubrick, Kurosawa, Godard, Bergman, Leone, Corbucci, Melville.

Yoda 08-23-14 05:29 PM

If my opinion sways people, great, but I won't be overriding the vote with my own choice.

Originally Posted by Harry Lime (Post 1152879)
Also, Yoda told me that if it looks like the sixties are going to win he is going to change the results in the database so that animation wins. So you may as well vote animation, don't force Yoda to have to go down that path.
SHHHHH.

Harry Lime 08-23-14 05:31 PM

Originally Posted by rauldc14 (Post 1152878)
So since the top dogs of the forum want animation that's what it will be. I can feel it.
Welcome to the world of democracy.

gbgoodies 08-23-14 05:32 PM

Originally Posted by Sexy Celebrity (Post 1152876)
Let's do the '60s, then do the stupid animation countdown, then we can finish the rest of the 20th century.

Sexy, maybe you should run the animation countdown. At your rapid-fire pace, it would be finished in a day or two, and we can get on to the 60s countdown. :rolleyes:

Camo 08-23-14 05:32 PM

Sixties for me, but i'll be happy with either one.

Sexy Celebrity 08-23-14 05:32 PM

Originally Posted by gbgoodies (Post 1152884)
Sexy, maybe you should run the animation countdown. At your rapid-fire pace, it would be finished in a day or two, and we can get on to the 60s countdown. :rolleyes:
Well... that wouldn't be too bad. They'd have to send in their lists to me by tonight, though.

Swan 08-23-14 05:33 PM

I'm okay with either, even though I'm more excited for an animation list (no shorts!). I'm ready to further explore both animation and 60s.

Harry Lime 08-23-14 05:33 PM

And it's just what is next, people. We have tons of time to do many different countdowns. I think it would be nice to leave the 60s (after we just had 70s, 80s, 90s) and build up to it, to switch things up a bit with something different. If (when) animation wins we all know that the 60s are next so we'll still be talking about it, watching films for it, etc.

jiraffejustin 08-23-14 05:34 PM

If it ends in a draw we can just do animated films of the 60s, right?

seanc 08-23-14 05:35 PM

I like the idea of rotating.

Harry Lime 08-23-14 05:35 PM

Originally Posted by jiraffejustin (Post 1152890)
If it ends in a draw we can just do animated films of the 60s, right?
Oh yeah, Yoda is the tiebreaker. Checkmate.

Can't win, don't try.

Cobpyth 08-23-14 05:35 PM

Let's do animation first. That way there's more time to explore the '60s for everyone!

I don't think there should be a 6 month wait for the animation list, though (like the decade lists). 2 or 3 months of exploration should suffice.

Sexy Celebrity 08-23-14 05:36 PM

I have no interest in this animated countdown. I would rather do a foreign films countdown.

A second foreign films countdown, that is.

Yoda 08-23-14 05:36 PM

Yeah, I don't really follow the logic of some of this. Why is it better to trade being impatient now for being impatient next time? It's the same thought process that wants the entries posted faster: why, so it can be over quicker? Drawing it out is part of the fun. Enjoy it.

Harry Lime 08-23-14 05:37 PM

Originally Posted by Sexy Celebrity (Post 1152897)
I have no interest in this animated countdown.
If ever there was a reason to do an animation countdown...

Sexy Celebrity 08-23-14 05:38 PM

I can't believe this poll's open until August 30th. It's the 23rd. Why so much time?

gbgoodies 08-23-14 05:38 PM

Originally Posted by Sexy Celebrity (Post 1152886)
Well... that wouldn't be too bad. They'd have to send in their lists to me by tonight, though.

And I'll bet we don't even have to waste our time watching those pesky animations, do we? We can just watch the trailers and make our list from them. :rolleyes: