Movie Forums (http://www.movieforums.com/community/index.php)
-   Intermission: Miscellaneous Chat (http://www.movieforums.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   What are you doing at this very moment? (http://www.movieforums.com/community/showthread.php?t=5587)

projectMayhem 11-23-03 12:06 AM

About to put in my Futurama DVD, god I love this show!

Hondo333 11-23-03 12:34 AM

About to go to Rockit

nebbit 11-23-03 02:27 AM

Originally Posted by Mark
I'm putting off hanging the Christmas lights. My wife thought this would be the perfect weekend for me to install them. She left, and I'm stalling. She's probably going to be pissed when she gets home, and I haven't even started yet. Oh, well...it's cold outside!
Sitting here laughing at the trouble Mark is going to be in if doesn't get those lights up before his wife gets back, s**t I am a nasty person :laugh:

Caitlyn 11-23-03 02:42 AM

Sitting here laughing at Nebbit's post... :laugh:

Thanks... I needed that... :D

jrs 11-23-03 02:53 AM

I am scratching my left thigh.

nebbit 11-23-03 03:35 AM

Originally Posted by Caitlyn
Sitting here laughing at Nebbit's post... :laugh:

Thanks... I needed that... :D
No problems, glad to help. :yup:

Spoon 11-23-03 03:48 PM

Just sittin here, listenin' to some Pumpkins, with the puppy on my lap.... ah bliss... :o

Ezikiel 11-23-03 04:44 PM

Watching episode 2 of the Clerks Animated Series with the commentary track on...:D

birdygyrl 11-23-03 05:29 PM

Watching the extended version of "The Two Towers." I am in heaven... :D

Hondo333 11-23-03 10:43 PM

Recoparating from last night, God my backs sore, Listening to "Know Your Enemy" - Rage Against the Machine, and in the Aintitcool Chat room.

Monkeypunch 11-23-03 10:49 PM

Talking to Amy online, and listening to the Pogues. Two of my very favorite things...

Ezikiel 11-24-03 05:25 PM

Watching local news, listening to The Matrix Revolutions soundtrack and playing some Yahoo games.

Hondo333 11-25-03 01:04 AM

Having a break from playing Mafia, :D

projectMayhem 11-25-03 09:10 AM

Registering for spring classes :indifferent: :bored:

Sidewinder 11-25-03 08:02 PM

Finishing Max Payne 2 in the hard difficulty in under 4 and 1/2 hours...Damn Im good...If only I had a life.

projectMayhem 11-26-03 12:43 PM

Listening to the Living End radio program that Hondo posted. This thing is friggin awesome! They sound like they would be crazy live.

nebbit 11-26-03 10:52 PM

Sick in bed with die-in-the-rear. :sick:

birdygyrl 11-26-03 11:27 PM

Feeling sorry for Nebbit.....hope you are better soon!!

7thson 11-26-03 11:56 PM

Making pumkin pie, and trying not to eat it

Caitlyn 11-27-03 12:05 AM

Thinking about pumpkin pie... :D

And feeling sorry for Nebbit too... hope you feel better soon... :yup:

Ezikiel 11-27-03 12:06 AM

Taking a break from watching Clerks and decided to eat some pizza.:licklips:

nebbit 11-27-03 12:22 AM

Thanks Birdygyrl and Caitlyn for your kind wishes, I am hoping it is the 24hr bug which is going around. :(

jrs 11-27-03 12:54 AM

Eating chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream, and chattin on MoFo. :cool:

Hondo333 11-27-03 05:19 AM

Originally Posted by 7thson
Making pumkin pie, and trying not to eat it
What... At the computer??

Aniko 11-27-03 10:54 AM

Thinking about pumpkin pie... :D
I need to be getting back to my Thanksgiving day preparations. It will be so much nicer now that Cait has me thinking~~

Mmm...sweet pumpkin pie....with whip cream. ;D

jrs 11-27-03 11:22 AM

About to get into the shower and get done, so I will be able to go out today.

7thson 11-27-03 12:26 PM

Originally Posted by Hondo333
What... At the computer??
It is a laptop, I was at the dining room table filling some pie shells.

Monkeypunch 11-27-03 02:26 PM

I just finished dinner, I'm listening to ska, feeling full, satisfied and sleepy. damn turkey!!!!

sunfrog 11-27-03 03:27 PM

I'm watching the manly sport of American football. No food yet.
My sister wants me to camp out at Circuit City tomorrow at 6am so she can get a $29 dvd player and a $129 tv. All I want is a $19 HALO video game which I refused to buy until they lowered the price. Can you believe it's been out since 2001!

Hondo333 11-27-03 10:42 PM

Sitting here wishing i lived in america.... i want pumkin pie :(

Jackie Malfoy 11-27-03 10:53 PM

Well let's see!

Ok at this moment I am at my mom's and stepfather's house lucky me!(Rolls eyes!)I am just about to see a clip from my favorite english t.v show called "AB FAB!"
Because the fifth new season is only in England right now and not coming to american so I am seeing what I am missing and I am very upset about it too!
My twin sister is playing her annoying new age music and meditaing upstairs and my stepfather keeps telling me to go to bed!Oh wait this is about what I am doing ok I am done then!See you around!JM :p

Caitlyn 11-27-03 11:02 PM

Sitting here wishing i lived in america.... i want pumkin pie :(

You don't have pumkin pie over there... :(

Hondo333 11-28-03 02:47 AM

You don't have pumkin pie over there... :(
Well, Maybe we do but i have never seen it. It sounds nice though

Ezikiel 11-28-03 04:49 PM

Listening to the song Christmas is all Around from the Love Actually soundtrack.

Naisy 11-29-03 08:42 AM

Frying eggs on toast, downloading music and trying to hold my eyes open all at once...

Matrix 11-30-03 07:19 PM

listening to music n' waitin for a pm.

Monkeypunch 11-30-03 08:15 PM

Right now, I am happy that the Patriots didn't lose today, I'm typing this sentence, and I am waiting for the Simpsons to come on....

birdygyrl 11-30-03 09:46 PM

Watching Titan AE on FX.

Ezikiel 11-30-03 11:38 PM

Watching some crappy shows on NBC because I have nothing better to do.

projectMayhem 12-01-03 12:27 AM

Watching South Park. TIMMY!!

DrenaiWarrior 12-01-03 02:53 AM

Right now I am finishing a sample Police Report for report writing...then I'm gonna watch Donnie Darko again (I just saw this and am still tickled pink by it!)

Monkeypunch 12-01-03 03:06 PM

Right now, I am listening to the White Stripes, thinking about Amy (Tienes mi corazon....), and not getting ready for work even though I probably should be.

MyRobotSuit 12-01-03 03:26 PM

About to learn some songs on the guitar, maybe a few beatles ones.

LordSlaytan 12-01-03 03:34 PM

"While my guitar gently weeps" -- G. Harrison would be nice.

Piddzilla 12-01-03 04:00 PM

Right now I am working on some test film reviews that I am going to send to a magazine that is looking for new reviewers. At the same time I am taping Saraband, Ingmar Bergman's final work that is on swedish television right now. I'll watch it later when I've gone to bed. :)

nebbit 12-01-03 06:50 PM

Originally Posted by LordSlaytan
"While my guitar gently weeps" -- G. Harrison would be nice.
George was one of my Favorites

http://www.lyrics.com/h/harrison,_ge...e.harrison.jpg

jrs 12-01-03 11:06 PM

Right now I am taking cold tablets.

Caitlyn 12-02-03 02:20 AM

Right now I am thinking about trying to go to sleep for a while... and listening to Late Night with Conan... :D

Jackie Malfoy 12-02-03 07:50 PM

Let's see right now I am....................

Right now I am online and listening and watching "The Pirates of the Cabian"Jack Sparrow is the best!
Anyway I am also drinking coke and eating some left over candy from trick o'treating!
See you around!JM Oh yes my twin sister is watching the movie too and my dad is in his office working and my stepmom is on the couch watching too![/color]
:cool:

Garrett 12-02-03 07:53 PM

Listening to Iron Maiden's newest album. Then, I'm going to watch Seinfeld.

Ezikiel 12-03-03 11:56 PM

Listening to The Royal Tenenbaums soundtrack, just love the songs in this movie......:D

Monkeypunch 12-04-03 12:16 AM

Right now, I am listening to the "Ben Folds Live" cd, I am looking at my new Buffy magazine and failing the Willow quiz, (and I call myself a fan...pffft!) and as always, wishing I could be with Amy. :)

Ezikiel 12-08-03 01:17 AM

Listening to a canadian radio show called the L.A.W(Live Audio Wrestling)

jrs 12-08-03 02:04 AM

Right at this second , I am listenening to STYX Greatest Hits

Sidewinder 12-08-03 02:52 AM

Waiting for my friend to pick me up so we can go to Indoor Soccer. Shoulda seen the goal I scored last week, A solo run from the backline all the way through their team to score a left footed goal :D Sheer brilliance! This is being modest by the way...:modest:

Sedai 12-09-03 04:50 PM

3:50pm Tues Dec 9

Pretending to work while posting on MoFo :)

jrs 12-09-03 09:03 PM

Watching In the Mouth of Madness .....again!! :D

Monkeypunch 12-10-03 09:36 AM

Right now, I am freaking right the f*ck out!!!!I am going to Amy's for dinner on wednesday, but what if her parents hate me? I am older than their daughter by ten years, and I can't really explain in rational terms why I love her, I just do! (I mean we have all the same interests, we have these great conversations, she makes me feel like everything is brilliant, like the world is a beautiful place and I am lucky to be alive, but how can I possibly explain that to people who are predisposed to not like me based solely on my age?) What am I gonna do?!? :eek: :eek:

Golgot 12-10-03 09:55 AM

Stay calm. Be yourself (well, be the calmest, least raging, version of yourself ;)), and they'll see why you're suited. Chill :)

Incidently, what i'm doing is: listening to a Senagalese group called Mamad y Keita, reading about Mofo's bedstands, and not freelance-working-efficiently like i should be :rolleyes:

EDIT: erm, i wouldn't quite do what Hondo suggests. I think you may have to play the long-game, and blag a little. Just give 'em the impression you can be a good influence on their daughter and help her grow in good (money earning :rolleyes: ) directions. That'd probably help with most parents of teenagers i reckon ;))

Hondo333 12-10-03 09:55 AM

Monkey, If they hate you then they hate you, all you can do is try your hardest to be yourself, tell them that you care about her and that you love her, There a married couple so they are probley inlove themself, So they know how it feels and if at the end of the night they [Still] hate you and [still] treat you like S*it then, tell them whats what, Be honest but not rude. F*ck she's a adult and they should at least treat her like one (if she acts like one).

...... I think thats what you should do, Or at least what i would do.

Edit: Glog, She's not a teenager. and how can she learn any responsabilty if she is never given any and told what to do her whole life.

Edit: Megalith... i am very sorry if how i just worded what i said offened you.. i know nothing about you and its really none of my biusness. Its just that if my perants tried to tell me who i could and coundnt date after i turn 18 i would be pretty pissed off

Monkeypunch 12-10-03 12:38 PM

Thanks for the advice Y'all. I have no idea if they hate me or not yet, but I am just gonna assume they do untill I know otherwise. Her mom was like "These things happen" when she found out that Amy liked me and that I liked her, but her dad was like NO WAY IN HELL would I be allowed in their house and he's never met me, but I'm going there next wednesday so I suppose that this is a step forward. I am just going to be myself. I have already scored points with her mother because I don't drink (anymore...I am not going to tell them I was afraid I was becoming an alcoholic and that was why I quit. :eek:) and I hope that I can at least win her mom over. That seems like the most likely of the two. (At first I was going to pretend I was a devout Christian so that they would think i was a "Good Influence," but that would be way underhanded and wrong.)

Hey, there should be a MoFo Advice Thread so MoFo's with problems can get help from people here....I like this idea very much and I am gonna start it....

megalith 12-10-03 03:59 PM

She's not a teenager.
Ummmm, actually I am... and still in high school to be exact. :skeptical:

megalith 12-10-03 04:01 PM

Originally Posted by Monkeypunch
Right now, I am freaking right the f*ck out!!!!I am going to Amy's for dinner on wednesday, but what if her parents hate me?

Yeah, I'm freaking out too.... I almost want to call the whole thing off.

Yoda 12-10-03 04:37 PM

Originally Posted by Monkeypunch
I can't really explain in rational terms why I love her, I just do!
If they ask you to explain it, just tell them "He loves but little who can say and count in words how much he loves." :)

Anyway, I don't know her parents, and have only a passing knowledge of the situation, but I've got a great track record in these sorts of situations, and since you're soliciting any and all advice, I'll offer mine: avoid cliches like the plague. Saying things like "age doesn't matter," in my mind, might backfire. If I were her father in such a situation, and a man adopted a "love conquers all" mentality so early in the relationship, I'd be more (not less) wary of him. Especially given the age difference.

If I were in your shoes, my goal would be to project a calm, respectful sort of affection, rather than a head-over-heels, I-don't-care-what-anyone-thinks-we're-meant-to-be attitude. You want them to come away with the impression that your feelings are objective, mature, and level-headed, and that the fact that you're older is nothing more than an unfortunate coincidence. In my opinion, at least.

Best of luck. :)

Sedai 12-10-03 04:44 PM

Today I am...

SO today, I am having a coffee, while pretending to work and posting on MoFo. We seem to be slow. Tonight we watch Miller's Crossing (really want to see this, somehow it got by me all this time). Then methinks Buffy S5 will be going in.

_S

jrs 12-10-03 09:52 PM

On MoFo at this moment, but in a while I am about to watch Big Fish :cool:

MacReady 12-10-03 10:42 PM

Right now saying... er.. typing a hello. New to the boards. Love the 'cinema' but rarely get to go to the movies(I have young ones at home) so I dig DVD's!!!

Hondo333 12-11-03 12:15 AM

Originally Posted by jrs
On MoFo at this moment, but in a while I am about to watch Big Fish :cool:
YOU F*CKING A*SHOLE, :furious:..... Have fun

Hondo333 12-11-03 12:16 AM

Originally Posted by megalith
Ummmm, actually I am... and still in high school to be exact. :skeptical:
Ohh ok sorry, Just where i come from as soon as you turn 18 your a adult, I thought it was in the states as well, Oh well.. i sound like a dick

Monkeypunch 12-11-03 12:23 AM

Originally Posted by megalith
Yeah, I'm freaking out too.... I almost want to call the whole thing off.
Do not worry, sweetie. I don't ever want you to worry. You give me the confidence to face ANYTHING. :)

Monkeypunch 12-11-03 12:28 AM

Originally Posted by Yoda
If they ask you to explain it, just tell them "He loves but little who can say and count in words how much he loves." :)

If I were in your shoes, my goal would be to project a calm, respectful sort of affection, rather than a head-over-heels, I-don't-care-what-anyone-thinks-we're-meant-to-be attitude. You want them to come away with the impression that your feelings are objective, mature, and level-headed, and that the fact that you're older is nothing more than an unfortunate coincidence. In my opinion, at least.

Best of luck. :)
You are wise beyond your years, man. I feel like I CAN do this, and your advice has been the best I have recieved yet. But right now, I am not going to speak of this anymore, and I am going to instead offer my love and support to Amy while she is preparing for her play this weekend. I know she is going to be brilliant. :)

sunfrog 12-12-03 09:14 PM

I'm wondering if Golgot is a 14 year old boy and I'm upset because the website just deleted a huge post I had typed up.

Caitlyn 12-13-03 01:34 AM

Wondering exactly how young Sunfrog is...

Garrett 12-13-03 01:20 PM

Eating a Twinkie

Monkeypunch 12-13-03 05:12 PM

Right now, I am checking MoFo before I go to work, wondering if Amy is ever going to say hi, and I am listening to the Hives.

Edit: Actually no, she just signed off. nevermind... :D

Sedai 12-13-03 07:08 PM

Just finished watching a few Angel episodes and now about to head into Boston for some entertainment. Hopefully not too cold tonight brrrr!!

nebbit 12-13-03 11:48 PM

Ironing
watching a DVD
checking out MoFo also :D

Golgot 12-14-03 08:04 AM

Me and my hang-over are sitting here blinking.

Caitlyn 12-14-03 08:08 AM

Trying to figure out why I’m awake… when I could be... :sleep:

Monkeypunch 12-14-03 01:20 PM

Right now, I am listening to the Germs, typing up this post, and being horribly depressed that my best friend Brian is moving to Atlanta, Georgia around june of next year..... :(

Hypher 12-14-03 01:32 PM

brushin my hair :)

nebbit 12-14-03 03:36 PM

Eating Breakfast :licklips:

Spoon 12-14-03 07:47 PM

Wondering what I'm going to buy people for christmas and half-watching the Lions beat the Packers (woohoo!) from Thanksgiving (yay for TiVo) :D

Garrett 12-14-03 07:48 PM

Alternating between decorating the tree and using the internet.

Ezikiel 12-14-03 09:27 PM

Eating Burger King food.

T-850 12-14-03 09:52 PM

Deciding what avatar I should have.

Garrett 12-14-03 10:04 PM

Originally Posted by T-850
Deciding what avatar I should have.
I like The Terminator one...the one that's just a headshot of the Terminator. :)

Ezikiel 12-15-03 12:00 AM

Right now I am writing my 1000th post :D........Congratulations to me..:cool:

nebbit 12-15-03 02:47 AM

Originally Posted by Ezikiel
Right now I am writing my 1000th post :D........Congratulations to me..:cool:
Hey Zeeeeeek http://www.art-man.freeserve.co.uk/p...bluedrinks.gif

Knoxville 12-15-03 01:04 PM

As I'm on the net I'm drinking Coke and watching Kerrang music channel on Satellite (New Found Glory-My Friends Over You is currently playing).

Caitlyn 12-15-03 01:47 PM

Drinking a coke and pretending I am working... ;)

Knoxville 12-15-03 04:24 PM

I'm now drinking a large glass of water and eating a small bar of chocolate (I think it should be the other way round).

Piddzilla 12-15-03 04:31 PM

I'm chatting with Cait.

T-850 12-15-03 04:53 PM

Originally Posted by Garrett
I like The Terminator one...the one that's just a headshot of the Terminator. :)
Yea, I think this avatar fits me since my user name is from the Terminator movies. Thanks for your thought.

Ezikiel 12-15-03 11:59 PM

Watching Monday Night Football.

jrs 12-16-03 02:04 AM

Playing [b]T3:Rise of the Machines]/B] on X-Box

Knoxville 12-16-03 06:55 AM

Drinking Cherry Tango and trying to control a coughing fit I'm having.

Hondo333 12-17-03 03:36 AM

Cleaning my bellybutton (Peircing), drinking coke, Listening to queen and deciding if i should keep my new avitar..

nebbit 12-17-03 06:58 AM

Cleaning my bellybutton (Peircing), drinking coke, Listening to queen and deciding if i should keep my new avitar..
Could have done without the belly button stuff :eek:

Keep the avatar I like it. :yup:

T-850 12-17-03 05:08 PM

Originally Posted by jrs
Playing [b]T3:Rise of the Machines]/B] on X-Box
I'm about to play that game in a few minutes. But on PS2! :cool: