Movie Forums (http://www.movieforums.com/community/index.php)
-   Movie Reviews (http://www.movieforums.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   The MoFo Millenium Top 100 (http://www.movieforums.com/community/showthread.php?t=27482)

Brodinski 08-28-12 03:12 PM

Nice that you want to participate and I hate to break this to you, but you're too late. You should read the thread-starting post, everything is outlined there.

Watch_Tower 08-28-12 06:27 PM

Re: The MoFo Millenium Top 100

Ah, that's ok, np.

TheUsualSuspect 08-29-12 12:45 AM

Wait, when is this list going up?

mark f 08-29-12 01:12 AM

Mwahahahahaha!

DexterRiley 08-29-12 08:11 PM

Originally Posted by TheUsualSuspect (Post 839714)
October 2014

The Rodent 08-29-12 08:14 PM

The Day After Tomorrow

donniedarko 08-29-12 09:09 PM

Originally Posted by DexterRiley (Post 839896)
October 2014
You think it'll be that early?

gandalf26 08-31-12 06:39 PM

Finally watched "Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind" the other day.

Thought it was really good, predictable ending.

Don't quite understand why a lot of people have it so highly rated though.

I mean for me personally, for a film to be great it has to have rewatchability, and I really don't see myself wanting to watch this multiple times.

Chick flick I guess.

Skepsis93 08-31-12 06:49 PM

Originally Posted by gandalf26 (Post 840235)
Chick flick I guess.
Nope.

Miss Vicky 09-01-12 12:05 AM

Because Eternal Sunshine has rewatchability for those who love it. A lot of it, actually. And it is most definitely NOT a "chick flick."

Plenty of people love the LOTR movies, but personally I'd rather gouge my eyes out than ever sit through one again.

TheUsualSuspect 09-01-12 03:31 AM

Originally Posted by gandalf26 (Post 840235)
Finally watched "Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind" the other day.

Thought it was really good, predictable ending.
The ending wasn't a "they get back together and everything is roses" ending. They agreed to give the relationship one last try. I don't see how it is "predictable". We leave them when they are lost, confused, and delirious. They are strangers with a history together. How will this play out in their relationship? We don't know, the film never tells us. All it tells us is that they will try at least one more time.

The last images are of them on a loop, what does this tell us? Maybe their relationship is full of break-ups and start-overs. This isn't a happy ending, or even a predictable one in my books.

Beautiful film.

gandalf26 09-01-12 05:55 AM

Originally Posted by TheUsualSuspect (Post 840289)
The ending wasn't a "they get back together and everything is roses" ending. They agreed to give the relationship one last try. I don't see how it is "predictable". We leave them when they are lost, confused, and delirious. They are strangers with a history together. How will this play out in their relationship? We don't know, the film never tells us. All it tells us is that they will try at least one more time.

The last images are of them on a loop, what does this tell us? Maybe their relationship is full of break-ups and start-overs. This isn't a happy ending, or even a predictable one in my books.

Beautiful film.
What I meant was that we were going to loop back to the start of the film again and they would obviously get back together.

[x] Confimred Chick Flick

Skepsis93 09-01-12 09:48 AM

Originally Posted by gandalf26 (Post 840313)
What I meant was that we were going to loop back to the start of the film again and they would obviously get back together.

[x] Confimred Chick Flick
Again, no. Eternal Sunshine bears pretty much no resemblance to your run-of-the-mill "chick flick" (which is a very problematic term anyway) - it's not aimed at a predominantly female audience; it doesn't have a female protagonist; it doesn't feature a cliched plotline or characters; it has an ambiguous ending rather than a clear-cut happy one, and leans heavily on elements of Sci-Fi, stereotypically a "male" genre.

Flimmaker1473 09-02-12 09:29 AM

How is Eternal Sunshine a chick flick? It's someone's right not to like a great movie. But give me a break. The ending is these two people decide to give their relationship one more shot, confused and we don't know if it is even going to work. I clearly love this movie (it's in my top 20). And I do think it is a brilliant film in every sense of the word. One of the finest to have come out in the last 10 years.

gandalf26 09-02-12 12:58 PM

Jesus I'm just being a troll. I know it isn't a chick flick.

Brodinski 09-02-12 05:38 PM

Sorry for the long wait, guys. I've been extremely busy at work lately, but now I've got 2 weeks of vacation. Tomorrow, my girlfriend and myself depart for a small roadtrip through Luxemburg, various cities in France and the Belgian seaside. As a result, I won't have access to internet during the coming week. Rephrase: In the coming week, I refuse to lon onto the internet, take any calls or check my mails. I basically don't want to hear from anyone except my girlfriend and will go on a hedonistic rampage in terms of food and drinks, and will (hopefully) catch up on films and books I've been meaning to watch / read. After that trip, I hope my batteries will be fully recharged.

Oh, and the countdown will commence on 9/11.

DexterRiley 09-02-12 06:06 PM

well that blows chunks.

Skepsis93 09-02-12 06:29 PM

Originally Posted by Brodinski (Post 840610)
Sorry for the long wait, guys. I've been extremely busy at work lately, but now I've got 2 weeks of vacation. Tomorrow, my girlfriend and myself depart for a small roadtrip through Luxemburg, various cities in France and the Belgian seaside. As a result, I won't have access to internet during the coming week. Rephrase: In the coming week, I refuse to lon onto the internet, take any calls or check my mails. I basically don't want to hear from anyone except my girlfriend and will go on a hedonistic rampage in terms of food and drinks, and will (hopefully) catch up on films and books I've been meaning to watch / read. After that trip, I hope my batteries will be fully recharged.

Oh, and the countdown will commence on 9/11.
9th November or 11th September? I don't know where you're from, so I don't know which way 'round you put your dates. :p

Northern France, I assume? We road-tripped 'round there this summer, Calais then about halfway down the Eastern border, West just underneath Paris, around the Eastern/Northern coast, actual Paris for a day, then back up to Calais. 10 days altogether. Saw a sh't-ton of awesome places and had a blast. Have fun!

Looking forward to the list, too. :)

mark f 09-02-12 08:51 PM

I thought he was from Belgium but he's using 9/11 the famous way... you know, the day that Bob Dylan's new album comes out.