Movie Forums (http://www.movieforums.com/community/index.php)
-   Ongoing Tournaments & Brackets (http://www.movieforums.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   10+ Minute Song Tournament (http://www.movieforums.com/community/showthread.php?t=48301)

77topaz 03-24-17 09:13 PM

It's a shame I didn't find out about this tournament earlier, considering I've found it unfortunate in the past that I couldn't nominate songs longer than ten minutes in tournaments. Anyway, here are my favourites out of the songs people have nominated (not that I've listened to them all, by the by):

1. Pink Floyd - Shine On You Crazy Diamond
2. Yes - Close to the Edge
3. Pink Floyd - Echoes
4. King Crimson - Larks' Tongues in Aspic
5. Dire Straits - Sultans of Swing
6. Rush - 2112

I'm surprised no-one nominated anything by Tangerine Dream (then again, I suppose they aren't that well-known). If I'd participated, I'd probably have nominated some of their songs, like "Phaedra" and "Stratosfear".

Little Devil 03-24-17 09:40 PM

Originally Posted by 77topaz (Post 1675122)
It's a shame I didn't find out about this tournament earlier, considering I've found it unfortunate in the past that I couldn't nominate songs longer than tournaments. Anyway, here are my favourites out of the songs people have nominated (not that I've listed to them all, by the by):

3. Pink Floyd - Echoes
6. Rush - 2112

I'm surprised no-one nominated anything by Tangerine Dream (then again, I suppose they aren't that well-known). If I'd participated, I'd probably have nominated some of their songs, like "Phaedra" and "Stratosfear".
or the Orb.

mojofilter 03-24-17 11:17 PM

Re: 10+ Minute Song Tournament

Sorry to hear about your mom, JJ. Praying for a quick recovery.

resopamenic 03-25-17 12:16 AM

Originally Posted by 77topaz (Post 1675122)
It's a shame I didn't find out about this tournament earlier, considering I've found it unfortunate in the past that I couldn't nominate songs longer than ten minutes in tournaments. Anyway, here are my favourites out of the songs people have nominated (not that I've listed to them all, by the by):

3. Pink Floyd - Echoes
6. Rush - 2112

there many stuff out of favor(that usually have long runtime), just one doesn't simply to list them all :D, the like other krautrock, more post rock
Etc - my noms itself look like saturated at 70s prog

Ðèstîñy 03-25-17 01:56 AM

I'm sorry to hear about your mother. If you need to talk, just let us know. I'm praying for you all.

As far as this thread goes, you decide. I know we'd all be fine with waiting. That's no big deal. If you'd sooner someone get it good and gone, let me know. I'll finish it for you. Again, we are fine, either way.

Take care, sweetie.