The official "I Hate Anime!!!" and "I Hate Fan Fiction!!!" Thread

Tools    

Employee of the Month
Why, it means "an archaic growl from the inside", of course!

Not that I'd necessarily buy SoulInside's argument otherwise, but to be fair I think there's a language-barrier operating here as well.
That means that I don`t like something, cause I feel it`s wrong or bad. Sorry for mixing up a little poetry here.

What exactly does "simpsification" even mean?
Simplification, Simsification ("The Sims") - The fear that we all will look, talk and act like silly little avatars in the future. See also: Wii-Nation, Drone-Manufacturing, You Tube-Losers in general.

hey! this conversation/forum thread is getting good!!! (^^)

Employee of the Month
Yes, but I think it`s over. No rep no more, not much resp no more. Must had saying something wrong. For this case: Sometimes I miss the 90`s badly.
Not so much of all of it, not so hip and shiny - but grounded. More substance.

i, for one, cannot stand anything to do with anime. There's so much of it... And they all pretty much have the same storyline!!! In one, there are fighting robots. In another, there are these chicks with super hero powers, these guys with mystical powers, so on and so forth.

wat iz this, i dont even

I was about to argue FOR anime in this thread, but I don't even want to now, because your reasons are just factually wrong. They are not all the same. Those are 2 genres out of, um, let's see... COUNTLESS OTHERS. This is the same with ANY MEDIUM, no?

If you want to argue how all animation should be subordinated to lolreal live action film, then fine. There're good arguments for that, that I've heard. But anime is the ultimate pinnacle of all animation ever. So if you like some shiity pho-anime like Samurai Jack or The Last Airbender, you're looking in the wrong places for a justification of the artform. Yes, even the vastly overrated Pixar machine is the wrong place to look. Pixar's not quite 2-D, ya know what I mean?

This thead... even the fanfiction "i dont liek it lolz" is just not even worth a debate.

But I probably will, because I can't help myself.

hi. i think moviemaker actually retracted all the points he made in that post somewhere over the 23 pages and 6 years since he wrote it. not that you shouldn't still argue with the sentiments, but i'm more curious what the justification for live-action over animation you're referring to is.

In short, it bares no direct relation to the real, and thus is on a lower order of artform. While film/photography are presentation, animation is often representation, like language.

I just know they're coming to kill me.
Whoa this thread still exists?

Guess it's time to clear my name and answer some unasked questions and clarify why this thread was really created.

Look, I made this when I was an immature 10th grader in high school for these reasons (they're all pretty lengthy... if you just want the abbreviated version, scroll down to the end of this post and click on the tl;dr link):

1. To troll.

2. I never actually hated anime. In fact, I enjoy it, but I'm no means a lover of the genre, as many people are. I'm very picky about it, and I still find some of it to be just outright obnoxious, ridiculous, silly and strange. And anime fans are certainly a weird, cult-like bunch, there's just no denying that. But, to be fair, the exact same thing can be said about fans of World of Warcraft, comic books, Star Trek and whoever else roams the halls of any convention that has the word "con" attached to the end of it. At the time, I was just trying to troll/be funny/"cutely" upset my then girlfriend who was big into anime (I actually love Cowboy Bebop, and was a closeted fan of it during this thread's posting prime. I also enjoyed the old show G-Force and Pokemon. That counts as anime, right?). The last part actually failed, as my inevitable ex-girlfriend saw me for what I was - an immature moron with a keyboard.

3. I wanted to make a popular thread on MoFo and thus, become a popular poster on the site. There were other ways of doing this, but I have this ego problem when it comes to posting on Internet forums... I still feel that the one with the most posts gets the most respect and the most quoted responses and interaction from other members while the new poster is ignored and quickly forgotten. To me, I find it very hard to make a name for oneself on an Internet forum. Hence why 4chan is good in that regard... no creation of "threads" so-to-speak like that of other forums, everyone's anonymous, no need to register, there is no post count of just one user, and unlike most forums where there's a "dead time" say, in the middle of the night where you wait hours and hours for a response in a thread you made, the /b/tards are all up 24/7, giving you responses and interaction constantly with little wait time (this is the reason why I left MoFo... I'm an on-the-go kinda guy who likes things answered prompt and immediately. It's no one's fault - that's how forums are. Except 4chan.)

4. I was selfish/jealous that anime was, at that time in my life, much more well-received and accepted by my friends than my liking of Star Wars, so I fought back via becoming a cool Internet Tough Guy. I had a lot of selfish/jealousy issues at this time in my life that would stick with me for years to come. But, in just the months after my girlfriend and I broke up, I started to get familiar and kinda hang out with a similar group of friends who were all fans of the film Labyrinth and David Bowie's role in it. Something that my ex and her friends were also huge fans of (we never talked about it though, not sure why - probably because anime was much bigger and relevant). Same scenario: I was made fun of for liking Star Wars by all these fans, but everyone was totally cool with Bowie's bulge. Actually, a lot of people were - for some reason, Labyrinth's cult following surged up in popularity around 2005-2006. Hot Topic went crazy over it, and that pretty much started up the trend. While it actually kinda made me depressed that I was a loner with my fanhood of a franchise (which goes to show just how pathetic I was/probably still am really) and was the brunt of some jokes (believe me, I made them out to be worse than they were - there was barely any, but to me, at the time, it was like a punch in the face), I later on took pride in being different and liking things that are against the norm (this still holds true to this day, actually - I like a lot of things my friends don't care for, so naturally it's still hard for me to talk about what I like when all I keep hearing about are the things they like. Sometimes, I feel my past selfish angst creeping up on me, but I keep it under control. Why am I like this?). Naturally now, my friends and I are all older and more mature (edit: I'm more mature and don't take things that are so mindless too seriously anymore), and where they were just having fun and didn't actually care, I took it entirely too far in caring and did more harm than good. The same goes for my ex breaking up with me, and this thread is a perfect example of what I once was, and, sadly, still am a little bit of to this day (why am I approaching this response so seriously?).

I also liked that this thread was 99% about anime - barely mentioned was anyone's stance, including my own, about fan fiction. No one in my life was big into that, I just found it to be stupid at the time - I thought it was a waste of a talented writer to write about a time vortex sending the entire Allied D-Day invasion fleet, as well as the German's, to the shores of Hogwarts, where Harry Potter and company witnessed (and took part) in the D-Day invasion.

...OK, that's the premise of one fan fic I wrote that was hated by many but also liked by some.

But my point at the time was that I found it offensive that writers were writing sexual fan fic Biblical fantasies about Jesus being a homosexual with John the Baptist. But I overloaded this thread with anti-anime that it was my fault once again (what a reoccurring theme) that it went unnoticed.

Oh well.

Blame Adderall, by the way, for me writing so much. But I felt it had to be said, for someone's sake and for whatever record out there meant for it.

Thanks for reading it all, those of you who actually care.

Or, if you didn't actually read my response, here's the tl;dr version. Enjoy!

I was going to post here in Anime's defense... but after reading this...

You receive much victory for pulling this troll thread off for so long. Kudos.
Imagine an eye unruled by man-made laws of perspective, an eye unprejudiced by compositional logic, an eye which does not respond to the name of everything but which must know each object encountered in life through an adventure of perception. How many colors are there in a field of grass to the crawling baby unaware of 'Green'?

-Stan Brakhage

And I was the last to legit ragehaet before the amelioration...

I just know they're coming to kill me.
Yeah, I guess a thread made with trolling mainly in mind to have lasted six years is pretty impressive for the Internet.

Is it a record?

Either way, on behalf of myself...

NOTHING 404s on MoFos.

Im friends with a couple of anime "nerds",but I don't let it get in the way of my freindship. I hate anime with a passion, its cheaply made and its repetitive storylines and the way the characters are drawn (with the exception of naruto). I dont mean to offend any anime fans out there ,just stating my point of view

Yes, believe it or not, there are people out there who hate both of these things. I, for one, cannot stand anything to do with Anime. There's so much of it... AND THEY ALL PRETTY MUCH HAVE THE SAME STORYLINE!!! In one, there are fighting robots. In another, there are these chicks with super hero powers, these guys with mystical powers, so on and so forth. Who here hates this along with me? Huh, anyone?

So there you go! Now that you've seen my views on this crap, what do you guys think about it all?
I disagree.
#31 on SC's Top 100 Mofos list!!