Have a potentially interesting premise here.

Richard Kelly, (writer/director, Donnie Darko) is suppossed to be teaming up with Eli Roth (director, Cabin Fever) to collaberate on 'The Box'. 'The Box' was originally an episode of The Twilight Zone taken from a short story called 'Button, Button' written by Richard Matheson. It follows a couple who gain a wooden box with a button on top of it. Whenever they press that button they get instant wealth but the downside turns out to be that someone dies too.

It sounds heavily reminsent of the other Twilight story 'The Monkey's paw', which could make it end up to be a two-way coin. What has me keen though is that combo of Roth and Kelly, both of their films mentioned above are each unique and of considerable cult appeal. I found them to be above average fodder.

On a exclusive interview I read that they came up with some dark premises to be included in 'The Box' including the use of some unpleasant deaths. Roth also said he wanted it to be a slow burner, with the use of psychological horror. Roth: ''It's gonna be a mindf**k kind of thing that is gonna disturb people for weeks''. He also said he wanted the film to be in the vain of Polanski and to be alike to 'The Grudge' (Ju-On) a Japanese film.

(Information gathered from British publication SFX Magazine. #116)