FALLEN LEAVES (Sept 14) Directed by Aki Kaurismaki

Tools    

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
Incredible that I see ANOTHER one of my favorite living directors who is retired with a movie coming out within days of Ken Loach's movie. Maybe Mike Leigh will announce a movie soon, too.

This looks like "Shadows in Paradise" mixed with "Ariel" which seems to be the gist of most of his movies, not counting "Leningrad Cowboys" and I can't imagine a better combination than Matti Pellonpaa and Kati Outinen but he died young, so maybe this is a new troupe, because now might be a great time to write movies, with this "writer's" strike.

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
"The Old Oak" and "Fallen Leaves" .. interesting and similar themes from two interesting and similar guys.

I hope it's on Netflix (yeah right) since my Prime glitch is finally up after 4-5 years of free Prime (and all the other channels associated, for the trial length before they'd mention payment, but I'd wait a few days and re-sign on to Prime)

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
Varjoja paratiisissa is Kaurismäki's best.
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

Welcome to the human race...
I saw this a while back, easily one of the best of 2023 so far.

I like it.