Weird Quirks You Have?

Tools    

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
I love these plastic bags from a certain supermarket. I probably pay a tiny bit more just for those bags as opposed to the horrible wal-mart ones. They are so durable and fit perfectly into my small bin that I've actually asked for some extras from the driver (I tipped them both for doing it). I've never spent money on garbage bags.

I may appear obsessive / compulsive or just crazy to others... but everything (and I mean everything) I do is done in such a way that there is an intricate reason for it (which may all be part of the compulsion).

Like when washing dishes (we don't have a dishwasher) I'll arrange the utensils in separate compartments in the drying rack (I've saved the utensil compartments from past drying racks, so I have multiples!) to put them all closest to where they're put away = so forks to the left, knives to the right of forks, spoons in a separate drain container - the time saving after drying & during putting away may be negligible... but it's there!

I drive myself crazy figuring out the order of doing multiple tasks because I have to make it as logical and expeditious as possible.

I may appear obsessive / compulsive or just crazy to others... but everything (and I mean everything) I do is done in such a way that there is an intricate reason for it (which may all be part of the compulsion).

Like when washing dishes (we don't have a dishwasher) I'll arrange the utensils in separate compartments in the drying rack (I've saved the utensil compartments from past drying racks, so I have multiples!) to put them all closest to where they're put away = so forks to the left, knives to the right of forks, spoons in a separate drain container - the time saving after drying & during putting away may be negligible... but it's there!

I drive myself crazy figuring out the order of doing multiple tasks because I have to make it as logical and expeditious as possible.
I try to employ time management techniques to my chores too. Having a method helps me get things done. Otherwise I would feel overwhelmed.

For real?
I ask, because I've seen stories of people who handle bees and even saw a YouTube video of a lady who adopted a bumble bee as a pet (and it liked being petted).

I can't stand nose rings. (I don't want to say I hate people who have nose rings because I don't. I don't hate anybody.)

But I find them so distracting. I have trouble giving people the same serious attention that I give to others without nose rings that I might happen to talk to.

And there's levels: the bead or tiny jewel on the outer nostril only causes me mild distraction - but anything that enters the nostril is worse. The one hoop in one nostril is bad. The "bull ring" in both nostrils I can't take. The beaded "booger-catcher" piercing the columella I really can't take, and there's a new trend: it looks like the Queen of England's crown hanging out someone's nostrils (no idea what this catastrophe is called).

I kind of look at it as if I nailed a block of wood to my forehead and thought... this makes me look more attractive, people will appreciate the open-mindedness that having a block of wood nailed to my head represents, I'll be seen as a nonconformist... except for all the other trendoids nailing blocks of wood to their heads, & my incel days are over once women see this cool block of wood and the edgy rusty nail going through it into my head!

I can't help but remember that people pay good money to have warts or moles removed from their nose (why? if some deformity on it is apparently attractive?) Or that if someone sneezes, they immediately wipe the snot away - because the nose area is to be kept clean and free from obstruction. Or, God forbid, someone has remnants of a boogie stuck to or under their nose - it's a cause for embarrassment & warrants immediate cleaning. So why wear something that not only looks like some unwanted waste coming out of your nose, but which potentially will retain or catch nasty things coming out of your nose?

I take full responsibility. This is some sort of involuntary bias on my part, but I can't seem to just ignore it. When I see one of these I'm like Austin Powers with Fred Savage's mole!

Can anyone give me any tips on how to overcome this unwanted prejudice.

For real?
I ask, because I've seen stories of people who handle bees and even saw a YouTube video of a lady who adopted a bumble bee as a pet (and it liked being petted).
Yeah for real, but only bumble bees. I have a garden with lots of berries and the bumble bees love the berry blossoms. I don't know what originally made me try to pet them but I've done that for some years now in spring and summer. You can only use the lightest touch and with the very tip of your finger. They don't seem to mind. Now, hornets and wasp...hell no! I hate those things as they can be vicious.

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
And you people call me weird...
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

Yeah for real, but only bumble bees. I have a garden with lots of berries and the bumble bees love the berry blossoms. I don't know what originally made me try to pet them but I've done that for some years now in spring and summer. You can only use the lightest touch and with the very tip of your finger. They don't seem to mind. Now, hornets and wasp...hell no! I hate those things as they can be vicious.
This is so cool.

I'm allergic to honey bees, so spent most of my life afraid of bees. But I've noticed bumble bees (which have no problem invading your space - apparently out of curiosity) seem very non-aggressive.

I had one boss once who tried to tell me they had no stinger, but I looked it up and apparently they have quite a large stinger, but rarely resort to using it. I think their size, appearance and loud buzz provides them an intimidation factor that makes predators & other insects keep their distance.

I moved one recently who appeared injured - it was on the steps so I got it to crawl onto a spade and transferred it to some plants (but didn't attempt to pet it).

I don't think it's unnatural
Quoted for truth.

I have an ASD assessment next month so I have plenty of these things. Not including the hatred for the aforementioned actors which, as has been said, is totally natural.

Every time I see a bird walking on the lawn or sidewalk it just comes out - "Hey, Bird...did you just see a Hare Krishna midget in the tree, floating? or is it me?"

Only applies to birds on the ground. Not birds that are actually in trees.

These probably aren't that interesting, but here goes:

-If the volume of a radio or stereo, the temperature or any other setting with a number is odd, I get anxious. I always move it up or down so it's even.

-If I'm eating a burger & fries, I eat half of the burger, all of the fries and then finish the burger every time. The same applies for a sandwich and chips.

-I turn off the radio and air conditioner every time I turn off my car.