Science Fiction Parody Movie?

Tools    

I am trying to remember a movie I saw. This would have been before 2000 as I remember renting it from Blockbuster. In this science fiction parody a team of astronauts (or people on a space colony or scientists on an outpost) located on a moon (or a planet or an asteroid) find what looks like a jell-o cube (i believe it was red) they take it inside the facility for investigation and it eventually grows into a man-shaped blob (kind of like a red transparent Chewbacca) maybe it kills some of the humans, but at some point it gets into a recording booth and starts singing some pop songs.

This was a memorable cable mainstay back in the 1980s. It is sometimes difficult to find because it was re-released under several titles...

The Creature Wasn't Nice
aka Spaceship!
aka Naked Space

1981, written and directed by Bruce Kimmel. Starring Bruce Kimmel, Cindy Williams, Leslie Nielsen, Gerrit Graham, and Patrick Macnee. A micro-budgeted spoof of Alien. The most memorable scene is the monster singing the lounge-style song, "I Want to Eat Your Face". It was renamed to capitalize on Leslie Nielsen's popularity (Spaceship! for Airplane! and of course Naked Space for The Naked Gun).

"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Thank you!!