Succession: Who Should Succeed Logan Roy Poll?

Tools    

Who Should Succeed Logan Roy?
33.33%
2 votes
Shiv Roy
0%
0 votes
Kendall Roy
0%
0 votes
Roman Roy
0%
0 votes
Connor Roy
16.67%
1 votes
Gerri
0%
0 votes
Marcia (Logan's wife)
0%
0 votes
Tom (Shiv's husband)
16.67%
1 votes
Cousin Greg
16.67%
1 votes
Frank
0%
0 votes
Carl
16.67%
1 votes
Mattson
0%
0 votes
Someone else
6 votes. You may not vote on this poll

I thought it would be fun to forecast who we think will/should succeed Logan Roy, since the last episode is this weekend, to compare and see whether we are right or not!

i believe at the end of the first or second season I made a prediction that I thought Greg would be running the company, but where we are now, I don't see that happening. It's probably going to be Kendall or Shiv.

i believe at the end of the first or second season I made a prediction that I thought Greg would be running the company, but where we are now, I don't see that happening. It's probably going to be Kendall or Shiv.

Greg makes sense from a narrative point of view...but PC I dread it'll be Shiv

I apparently can't vote in my own polls, so I'd say the following:

In the context of the show, I think it Will/Should Be: Shiv.

I don't think "Succession" is the type of show which is going to wrap up by letting the company fall into the hands of someone outside of the family. The whole show is centered around it being a family company and how the children do/don't learn from and/or imitate their Dad. I think of the children, it's between Kendall and Shiv, and Shiv, to me, seems the most like Logan in the way that she is a strategic thinker, and she has demonstrated the best business mindset. She also, I think, would be the one the most likely to be open to making changes in the future in the way the company is run, while Kendall/Roman are, in my opinion, the most likely to try to imitate their Dad and repeat some of the same mistakes Logan did. Shiv maintains the family legacy, but does it in a different way that might be more modern and that might be better for the image of the company long-term, in my opinion. I could also see it being Kendall, or, to the frustration of the fans, remaining unresolved by the end of the show.

If this were a company in real life, I agree with Yoda that Gerri would probably be the best choice.

Thanks. I went in again and was able to vote. Appreciate you following up on this.

I watched the series finale yesterday and didn't find a lot of surprises there. Can't believe Tom came out of it smelling like a rose, didn't see that coming.

Shiv has Mattson in her corner, who has the deep pockets, which is why I think she has a real shot at it.
She did have a real shot until Mattson betrayed her.