Help me identify a movie from this scene

Tools    

Trying to recall the name of the movie (made sometime in the 80s I think) that had a scene like this:

I think they were trying to cheer up a buddy and put on a stunt. A couple of guys drop in on someone, one of them dressed as a blind man with sunglasses and a cane. They leave him for a moment and he pretends to panic, shouting "Jake! Jake!" and swinging his cane around, crashing vases, etc.

They then all leave, get in the car - with the "blind" man in the driver's seat. Off they go lurching down the street.

Seems it had some big-name talent in it, but I can't recall enough of the rest of it.

Thanks!

Originally Posted by Rick K.
Trying to recall the name of the movie (made sometime in the 80s I think) that had a scene like this:

I think they were trying to cheer up a buddy and put on a stunt. A couple of guys drop in on someone, one of them dressed as a blind man with sunglasses and a cane. They leave him for a moment and he pretends to panic, shouting "Jake! Jake!" and swinging his cane around, crashing vases, etc.

They then all leave, get in the car - with the "blind" man in the driver's seat. Off they go lurching down the street.

Seems it had some big-name talent in it, but I can't recall enough of the rest of it.

Thanks!
Kinda sounds like the remake of Scent of a woman. But that was made in the early 90's(1992)

It's either Un éléphant ça trompe énormément, or it's American remake The Woman in Red.
And sawdust restaurants with oyster shells

From The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock by T.S.Eliot