Tools    

When is the Matrix??? Lets find out.

Source: MSN Entertainment

Timeline: When Is 'The Matrix'?

Nov 4, 2:17 PM EST

What is the Matrix?

That's an old question. The real head-scratcher is:

When is the Matrix?

Using background culled from the three movies and "Animatrix" shorts, The Associated Press compiled an estimated timeline of the war between men and machines:

2010-60 — Humans create humanoid drone robots with Artificial Intelligence to fill jobs as construction laborers and servants.

2069 — The hovercraft transport ship Nebuchadnezzar, later to be captained by Morpheus, is constructed in the United States.

2075 — AI programs evolve and some robots began to resent their human overlords.

2077 — In the first case of a machine rising up against its owners, the butler robot B166ER slaughters two humans, leading to B166ER's eradication and a backlash against robots and artificial intelligence.

2080-85 — Rioting and violence against machines prompts robots to flee major cities and establish their own community — known as Zero One — in a remote part of the Middle East.

2085-2095— Zero One thrives, creating superior vehicles, computers and weaponry and decimating the economies of many human nations, which now lack the machine-based labor that made them strong.

2096— United Nations officials refuse to accept the robot civilization of Zero One as a sovereign nation. A trade blockade of robot goods leads to war.

2097 — Zero One survives a nuclear attack — its inhabitants are impervious to the heat and radiation and casualties are quickly replaced. Counterstrikes launched against humans.

2098 — As cities fall beneath the might of mechanized forces, desperate military leaders attempt to block the main source of energy for the robot city: the sun. The plan destroys the atmosphere and fills the sky with choking black smoke — but does not stop the machines.

2099— Machine forces overtake human armies and capture survivors and civilians for experimentation, determining that human bio-electricity can be harnessed to replace the sun's energy.

2100 — Machines create the Matrix, a dream-like world set in 1999, to extend the lives of the comatose human batteries.

2105 — The first human known as The One, locked in bondage inside the Matrix, learns he can manipulate the world through thought and manages to break free. Seeks sanctuary in the underground human stronghold of Zion.

2105-2150 — Zion resistance movement created, although The One later dies under unexplained circumstances.

2161 — Morpheus born in a Matrix womb; freed in childhood.

2167 — Trinity born in a Matrix womb; freed in early childhood.

2175 — The Oracle prophesizes that Morpheus will discover the second coming of The One.

2199 — Trinity and Morpheus discover Neo, a hacker in the Matrix. They free him and do battle with Agent Smith, a program designed to rid the Matrix of humans who detect its flaws.

2201 — The Osiris, another human rebellion ship, discovers machines drilling through the Earth above Zion. Crew members send a message through the Matrix to their compatriots shortly before being destroyed.

2201 — Now living in Zion and working with the rebellion against the machines, Neo encounters The Architect, the artificial intelligence program that created the Matrix.

2201 —The Architect reveals that the Matrix places rebellious humans in Zion, which it then targets for destruction, thus eradicating "bugs" in its system. He states that Zion has been destroyed five previous times — suggesting the Matrix may be much older than he thinks.

I ate all your bees.
and then?

Originally Posted by Sidewinder
and then?

Good question.....the article just ends at that one point. To tell you the truth I have no idea why. Did they post what they think is sufficient enough to be what we need to know? Are we supposed to only read that, and than picture the rest in our heads? i don't get it either.
Can someone help Sidewinder and I out????????

Hi
I assume they didn't want to spoil Revolutions..just a guess

you are almost right.

they mention that the first matrix failed because the machines lacked the langauge to create the "perfect world".

up to 5 times it has failed, thus pushing the timeline a bit further because Neo's matrix exist as the 6th Matrix.

You're right... who knows what year the 6th matrix took place.

The Future Ed Wood
Didnt Reloaded take place 6 months after the first film?

Visit the best film forum on the web http://www.empireonline.co.uk/

yes, but it doesn't matter.

Neo's version of the Matrix is the 6th one. meaning that there had to be at least... i dunno.. 50 years for every matrix... 250 years between when the machines first won the war, to Neo.

oh wellz, not like the timeline had to be exact~ not even morpheus knows exactly.

Before I saw Revolutions, I thought that "The Matrix" was actually inside that of another "Matrix". So Neo would end up waking up "for real" and see that all the people he ever knew were not real or dead, etc... And that he awoke to a futuristic human society or another machine controlled world... what ever. "I" think that it would of been a better ending to the Matrix Trilogy then the... abrupt one in the Revolutions. And for the Matrix being created 5-6 times. Possibly that the first one only lasted for a only a few months of even a year, because it was so flawed. After that they would of reset everything and started again. So you can see that the timeline showed above could fit.

Hello Salem, my name's Winifred. What's yours
i think there might be more info in the Animatrix cartoon caled the Second Renaissance, other than being really cool i think it might tell us more but i cant remember. Also, random question, if you were plugged into the matrix and not even a third of the world's population were unplugged living in a poohole as Zion was shown to be in the films, wouldn't you just say **** you guys and stay in the matrix?

If you have ever seen the Animatrix then watch The Second Renaisances Pt.1 & 2

we live in the Matrix . the maya of the goddess seeking God. the chosen one could be Jesus of Christains or Mehdi or Muslim or both a savior without a world or religion to save. the trinity of the goddess 3 in one as his girlfriend enjoy

the 7th Matrix where just 2 exist and rest are slaves and puppets ...... Egypt ISIS HORUS JESUS MARY

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
the 7th Matrix where just 2 exist and rest are slaves and puppets ...... Egypt ISIS HORUS JESUS MARY

Ashtar Sheran Sheran Ashtar Lord Gorloj Gorloj Lord

Gorloj ooo-ooo-ooo
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.