Hi all!

I am trying to find the name of a film I saw maybe a year or two ago. Any help will be appreciated.

The film is about a guy who works as a motel/hotel clerk. He has a wife or girlfriend, but works really late. He also helps the cleaning lady wash sheets etc and may have been learning spanish? (I have a vague memory of this). He is really overworked and sleeps very little. Eventually, he becomes friends with a regular guest, who is a bit weird. I think he may be a conspiracy theorist of some kind? They develop a friendship, and eventually start a business robbing the guests in the motel. (there may be a scene with them playing squash).
At some point the hotel manager offers a prize to the guy, a weekend holiday at the hotel with his wife. He has to work at the same time though. During the night, the friend gets into the room and kills the guy's wife. *SPOILERS* The guy suffers from insomnia and has actually killed his own wife.

It's a fairly recent film (probably last 10 years), in english. The main actor is someone like Ryan Goslin, but not him. I believe the actor who plays the friend may be british?

Thanks for your help in advance.

Rob