R.I.P - John Ritter Dies at 54

Tools    

The following is from AOL :

Emmy award-winning actor John Ritter, who gained fame playing bumbling and lovable characters in a pair of television comedies decades apart, has died suddenly due to a previously undetected arterial problem, his representatives said on Friday.

Ritter, who was 54, collapsed on Thursday evening while filming "8 Simple Rules for Dating My Teenage Daughter," the ABC television comedy which had reinvigorated his career and was a centerpiece of the network's upcoming fall season.

The former star of "Three's Company" was taken to Providence St. Joseph hospital in Burbank, California, across from the studio where he had been working.

Surgeons at the hospital were unable to save him, and he died from a "dissection of the aorta," which results from an unrecognized flaw in a main artery from the heart, his publicists, Wolf-Kasteler & Associates Public Relations, said.

Ritter was best known for his portrayal of Jack Tripper in the 1970s situation comedy "Three's Company," which won him Emmy, Golden Globe and People's Choice awards.

A prolific actor, Ritter recently reconnected with television audiences as the star of "8 Simple Rules."

Ritter played Paul Hennessy in the family comedy about a father dealing with his precocious daughters which was one of the Walt Disney Co.-owned network's hits in the 2002 season.

Born into a Hollywood family, John Ritter was the son of country singer and actor Tex Ritter and graduated from Hollywood High School, where he was student body president.

He graduated from the University of Southern California with a degree in drama and went on to act in film, television and on the stage.

He is survived by his wife, Amy Yasbeck and their daughter, Stella and three children, Carly, Tyler and Jason, from his first marriage to Nancy Morgan.

I thought he was hilarious on Three's Company.

Put me in your pocket...
That's so sad.....and at 54. His poor family.

Originally Posted by firegod
I thought he was hilarious on Three's Company.
I loved him in that also.

That is sad news, he was a very funny guy, and I am sure he will be sorely missed by his family, friends and fans. Rest In Peace, John Ritter.

How bizarre! Of all people, John Ritter dies, along with Johnny Cash, both Johns. Cash is no big surprise, but John Ritter?!

Ritter was also in Bride of Chucky, where he played a mean uncle who got killed by some nails through the head, ala Pinhead from Hellraiser. He was also the dad in the two Problem Child movies - in the first he was shot by Cosmo Kramer in the chest, but a lucky prune saved him. I've seen Ritter die and nearly die on the screen before, and now he's dead for real.

I guess it's now down to Two's Company.

The Adventure Starts Here!
Ever since reading this earlier this morning, the theme song from Three's Company has been stuck in my head:

Come and knock on our door ...
We've been waiting for you ...
Where the kisses are hers and hers and his, Three's Company too!

It's not exactly the kind of song you want bouncing around in your head for an entire day, and not on a day when someone associated with it DIED.

He died in the hospital where he was born. And I remember watching Three's Company as a teen and loving it. But why no one ever thought to take that swinging kitchen door off its hinges and put it in the basement is beyond me.

My favorite episode is that one about the misunderstanding ....

That's very sad...........he was a wonderful family man and will be greatly missed.........

"I'm your hell, I'm your dream.......I'm nothing in between.......You know you wouldn't want it any other way".........

"Listen, when I slap you, you'll take it and like it"..........Humphrey Bogart..........Maltese Falcon.......

Graze on my lips and if those hills be dry, stray lower, where the pleasant fountains lie...........William Shakespeare.......

I always thought Ritter was a brilliant comedy actor…

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

yeah he was funny in threes company

Lets put a smile on that block
Woah thats weird. the name looked and sounded really familiar....oh how sad He did seem like a good actor. I will always remember him playing in Stay Tuned trying to get out of a TV set and dressed up as MC Hammer battling for a TV remote.