Rodent Repeats... A Top 50 List

→ in
Tools    

Doing my Top Movies reshuffle early this year...

I've basically gone over my favourite movies again, and have discovered something.
The "Repeat" of the title is because I tend to repeat the same movies over and over in my lists, just in a different order... and... some people have music, others have their TV, but well, personally, I switch the player on and stick in a DVD which I don't mind if it repeats itself over and over as generic background noise.

A lot of the time I'll have the film on once, then flick it to the Commentary Track and play again. If there's more than one Commentary, I've been known to go through the lot.

So, this list of movies I've repeated in my past favourites lists is also a list of movies I use as a default background noise when I'm MoFo-ing and surfing the interweb.

Oh, and... a new(ish) Top 10 will be coming up as well

50 - Warrior
49 - No Country For Old Men
48 - Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (1990)
47 - Independence Day
46 - Lawless
45 - The Lord Of The Rings: The Return Of The King Extended Cut
44 - The Lord Of The Rings: The Fellowship Of The Ring Extended Cut
43 - The Lord Of The Rings: The Two Towers Extended Cut
42 - Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens
41 - Blade Runner
40 - Predator 2
39 - Who Framed Roger Rabbit
38 - Starship Troopers
37 - The Goonies
36 - Total Recall (1990)
35 - Ghostbusters 2
34 - The Terminator
33 - Terminator 2: Judgment Day
32 - Rise Of The Planet Of The Apes
31 - Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes
30 - Jurassic Park
29 - Jurassic World
28 - Invasion Of The Body Snatchers (1978)
27 - Ghostbusters
26 - Real Steel
25 - Kung Fu Hustle
24 - The Martian
23 - The Hateful Eight
22 - The Abyss
21 - The Lost Boys
20 - Moon
19 - The Grey
18 - Dredd
17 - Dog Soldiers
16 - Alien
15 - Aliens
14 - Alien 3 Extended Cut
13 - Gremlins
12 - The ‘Burbs
11 - Se7en
10 - Carrie (1976)
09 - Poltergeist (1982)
08 - RoboCop
07 - The Shining
06 - The Fly
05 - The Thing
04 - Predator
03 - Jaws
02 - The Cabin In The Woods
01 - Tremors

I forgot to say as well, there's a handful of new movies this year. Not many, but it's at least something different

Might as well get the first couple out the way... remember, Generic Background Noise, DVD player set on repeat

50 - Warrior

49 - No Country For Old Men

I've never been a fan of anything TMNT and I don't think I've seen the movie. I vaguely remember liking ID4 but haven't seen it in about 20 years.

Gonna chuck 4 at once in this one seeing as they are what they are...
And, yes... I have actually sat and repeated #45-43, then repeated them again with the various Commentary Tracks

46 - Lawless

45 - The Lord Of The Rings: The Return Of The King Extended Cut

44 - The Lord Of The Rings: The Fellowship Of The Ring Extended Cut

43 - The Lord Of The Rings: The Two Towers Extended Cut

I've never been a fan of anything TMNT and I don't think I've seen the movie. I vaguely remember liking ID4 but haven't seen it in about 20 years.
Here's the gist of it: Close Encounters with 100% more explosions. And Jeff Goldblum.

I tried watching Lawless but ended up shutting if off (Shia Labeouf ). I hate all things LOTR and Star Wars (though I've not seen TFA, I'm just assuming I'll hate it). Haven't seen Blade Runner.

Don't you guys ever get bored talking about the same movies over and over again, everyday for years and years? What good does it do? Stop the insanity.