Purple Rain Man

Tools    

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
If this game is titled something else, simply merge it.

Simple concept.

Name two actors and the next person needs to connect their films with the common word.

Prince - Dustin Hoffman

PurpleRainMan.

Simple.

You need to pick two actors that you KNOW connect.

Here is a really simple one.

George Clooney - Bruce Willis

Suspect's Reviews

I dont think theres a match with Sly & Murphy Slinger. Though I do know Sly was originally supposed to play Axel Foley in Beverly Hills Cop.

Ocean's Twelve Monkeys

Gregory Peck - Robert De Niro
The Boys from Brazil Brazil? Was this going to be a The Yearling/ The Deer Hunter joke? Cape Fear, Cape Fear ("Mary Hartman, Mary Hartman")? I see no last word of a Peck movie that corresponds to the first word of a DeNiro title, other than Brazil, which is a one-word title and doesn't continue the title any further.

Do you understand how this game is played? Like this....

Jimmy Stewart and Bill Murray =
It's a Wonderful Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Simon Pegg and Steve Martin
Shaun of the Dead Men Don't Wear Plaid

Russell Crowe & Daryl Hannah

Russell Crowe & Daryl Hannah
State of Play in the Fields of the Lord kind of works. Generally for these kinds of games, you can excise an article like "the" or an "a" at the beginning of the second title to make it fit, but I suppose you can cut off the "at", though it isn't an article it's a preposition?

Le Week-End of Watch

Patrick Swayze and Ving Rhames
I suspect they were probably going for Independence Day After Tomorrow? But sometimes more than one pairing will work.

Swayze and Ving = Red Dawn of the Dead

Powers Boothe and Tom Hanks

But Not Slight of Mind or Tongue...
This one was hard! The only solution I could find was to merge two TV movies:

The Princess & the Barrio Boy in the Plastic Bubble

Amy Adams and Sally Field

White House Down With Love

Harrison Ford and Michael J. Fox

Indiana Jones and the Secret of My Succe$s

Madonna and Mel Gibson

Man Of Steel Magnolias

Channing Tatum and Ewan McGregor
This could also be a solution to Russell Crowe & Daryl Hannah a few posts back.

Indiana Jones and the Secret of My Succe$s
Definitely not what I had in mind! Isn't using The as the connector word a bit too easy?

Jiraffejustin had a better one - The Empire Strikes Back to the Future - that I didn't think of - but he deleted it after seeing I got here first.