Bad Things in Good Movies vice versa

Tools    

Just saw CREED and I mentioned in my review thread the running scene with Michael B & "The Philly Motorcycle Club" was laughably bad. Great film though.

The woman in Once Upon A Time In The West was possibly the worst actress

I like the dance scenes in Demi Moores Striptease, does that count?

In Batman Begins (2005) there's a scene where Batman drives his Batmobile over top a police car - crushing it and nearly killing the cops inside. He did this wantonly, knowing there were men inside and there was no way he could know they would not be instantly crushed to death as the patrol car was practically flattened.
Now, granted the cops were chasing him and it had been established that there was corruption inside the Gotham PD. But the presence of Jim Gordon proved that not all cops were corrupt.
Batman's actions could have easily killed or permanently crippled these cops (and for all we know they could've been perfectly honest cops with families) - if Batman had killed them, he'd be no better than the criminal who killed his parents, and this wanton, lethal-level aggression displayed toward people he knew nothing about made him no better.
This action was a bad thing (which was completely out of character for everything Batman stands for) in an otherwise good movie.

This is a terrific question...off the top of my head:

Love Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory but they give Charlie's mom a song called "Cheer up, Charlie" that is dull as dishwater and brings the film to a screeching halt.

Just watched a really terrible movie called A Night in Heaven that featured a fantastic performance from Lesley Ann Warren, the only thing about the film worth watching.

The 1981 comedy Arthur is considered a classic despite Liza Minnelli's completely annoying performance as Linda Morolla

The 1957 film Sweet Smell of Success would be perfect if it weren't for the dreadful performance by Susan Harrison as Burt Lancaster's daughter.

The Jane Campion film In the Cut is pretty much a mess except for the smoking hot performance from Mark Ruffalo.

The 1942 musical Holiday Inn could have been amazing with a different leading lady...Marjorie Reynolds' lifeless performance kept this film from being REALLY amazing, always wondered what that film would have been like if Judy Garland or Cyd Charisse had played that part.

Tom Hanks kept Volunteers from being a complete waste of time.

My contempt for the 1985 film A Chorus Line is well known around here, but the finale, "One", was absolutely dazzling.

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
This is a terrific question...off the top of my head:

Love Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory but they give Charlie's mom a song called "Cheer up, Charlie" that is dull as dishwater and brings the film to a screeching halt.

Just watched a really terrible movie called A Night in Heaven that featured a fantastic performance from Lesley Ann Warren, the only thing about the film worth watching.

The 1981 comedy Arthur is considered a classic despite Liza Minnelli's completely annoying performance as Linda Morolla

The 1957 film Sweet Smell of Success would be perfect if it weren't for the dreadful performance by Susan Harrison as Burt Lancaster's daughter.

The Jane Campion film In the Cut is pretty much a mess except for the smoking hot performance from Mark Ruffalo.

The 1942 musical Holiday Inn could have been amazing with a different leading lady...Marjorie Reynolds' lifeless performance kept this film from being REALLY amazing, always wondered what that film would have been like if Judy Garland or Cyd Charisse had played that part.

Tom Hanks kept Volunteers from being a complete waste of time.

My contempt for the 1985 film A Chorus Line is well known around here, but the finale, "One", was absolutely dazzling.
Great topic! I was mentioning an example, I can't remember now, but will at a future date when I can also revive the topic

Wasn't she Lancaster's younger sister?

Please hold your applause till after the me.
The kid bear in Disneys Brother Bear ruins every scene he's in. If he were written better or jus plane removed, it would probably be one of my favorite Disney films.

I thought the ending to The Departed was bad. Same with No Country For Old Men. Same with There Will Be Blood.

I am the Watcher in the Night
I thought the ending to The Departed was bad. Same with No Country For Old Men. Same with There Will Be Blood.
I disliked The Departed's ending too but the other two were pretty good. No Country ended the way it began...as if things just happen. I kinda liked that feel.

I'm going to add:

The spa fighting scene in Rush Hour 2...otherwise the move was utter shite

"I need your clothes, your boots and your motorcycle"

I disliked The Departed's ending too but the other two were pretty good. No Country ended the way it began...as if things just happen. I kinda liked that feel.
Departed was based off true events, but yuck! at that ending anyway.

Now afterward I heard NCFOM followed the book, but in this case it was a movie that imo could have surpassed the book if they had it end differently. Hell, they still coulda had who lived, died, etc... stay the same, but execute it differently. If they had that movie right now would be in my top ten.

Departed was based off true events, but yuck! at that ending anyway.

Now afterward I heard NCFOM followed the book, but in this case it was a movie that imo could have surpassed the book if they had it end differently. Hell, they still coulda had who lived, died, etc... stay the same, but execute it differently. If they had that movie right now would be in my top ten.
It wasn't based off real events ,was it? I know it's based off Infernal Affairs from Japan but other than that, its a true story?

It wasn't based off real events ,was it? I know it's based off Infernal Affairs from Japan but other than that, its a true story?
Mm, I dont know about any Japanese movie, but it is about events surrounding Whitey Bulger, an actual mobster still alive today.

Bad things in good movies:

*Jennifer Connelly in Once upon a time in America,ruins the whole film,i dont know whats going on there or what the hell they were thinking.

bad lead actor in the invitation

*Sex scene in Blue Is the Warmest Colour

* Andy Garcia in GodFather 3

Good things in bad movies

*Last scene with Salma Hayek and Jared Leto characters fighting in Lonely Heart Killers

Mm, I dont know about any Japanese movie, but it is about events surrounding Whitey Bulger, an actual mobster still alive today.

its a remake make of infernal affairs I think its from Hong Kong though

Welcome to the human race...
I also have my issues with the ending of The Departed (though I concede that it does make some thematic sense even if it's awfully convenient in a narrative sense), but the endings to the other two are great.

Speaking of The Departed, I am on record as thinking that Infernal Affairs is a considerably superior film, but if there's one thing Departed unquestionably does better, it's handling the climatic elevator scene (as seen in the video below - spoilers for both films, obviously).

I think you're getting a bit confused here. The movie Black Mass was about Whitey Bulger, whereas The Departed was based on a Japanese movie called Infernal Affairs. Some of the scenes are almost shot for shot remakes.

Now, it's said that Nicholson's character was loosely based on Whitey and his relationship with the FBI but it was not a movie about him and the events surrounding Leo and Matt's characters are based off the Infernal Affairs story.

Great topic! I was mentioning an example, I can't remember now, but will at a future date when I can also revive the topic

Wasn't she Lancaster's younger sister?
I think you're right, she was his sister, not his daughter, my bad...it was still a terrible performance, lol!