Below 8/10

→ in
Tools    

Highly underseen Submarine Thriller. Written by Darren Aronofsky (Requiem For a Dream/Pi) and directed by David Twohy (Pitch Black- writer Fugitive)

An inventive film that delivers a nice little yarn with some memorable dialogue and subtle chills. Not really a horror film just treads lightly into the supernatural with a down to earth approach and a nicely understated finale.

The acting too is good fun, though some of the leads lay it on a bit thick. Some fabulous camera choices, dark cinematograhy that operates in the shadows and immersive sound design all make this a claustrophobic film that keeps the heart going.

Sure its not perfect but when compared to most modern sub dramas (U-571(5/10), K:19(6/10) & CRIMSON TIDE(6/10)) this one blows em out of the water.

Indulge in a thriller that treats the audience with intelligence and delivers good escapist entertainment, albeit with a few problems.

Sorry.
"Today, war is too important to be left to politicians. They have neither the time, the training, nor the inclination for strategic thought. I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."

The Mad Prophet of the Movie Forums
I saw it. It was wonderful.