Martin Scorsese vs. Steven Spielberg
65.12%
28 votes
Martin Scorsese
34.88%
15 votes
Stephen Spielberg
43 votes. You may not vote on this poll

Spielberg. Childhood is not the same without him.

Scorsberg.

Nah but honestly, not really passionate about either of these guys, even though I do like them and both have made at least one masterpiece. Surprisingly, neither have been very accessible for me - it's taken time and patience to really come to appreciate them to some degree. Which seems contrary to the norm.

Should probably go with the one who made Taxi Driver, because of both their filmographies combined that's the best film of the bunch, to me.

Should probably go with the one who made Taxi Driver, because of both their filmographies combined that's the best film of the bunch, to me.
Jaws.

Jaws is just as good, but if I had to pick one to watch I'd watch Taxi Driver.

Jaws is just as good, but if I had to pick one to watch I'd watch Taxi Driver.
MINIO WE NEED A REFEREE THE BATTLE OF THE MOOSE AND THE SWAN JUST RESTART

Martin Scorsese for me, because his general intuitions seem to be more aligned with mine than Spielberg's (generally) are.

Both are filmmaking masters that I respect very highly, though.

It's like you know what directors I rank close together. Both are great but my dark infatuation with the anti-hero and Scorsese's use of music win out.

Scorsese. Taxi Driver and Raiders of the Lost Ark are both very high up as all-time favorites, but Scorsese level of artistry surpasses Spielberg's storytelling genius, for me.

Be a freak, like me too
I love a few films by Scorsese like King Of Comedy, Taxi Driver, etc. and I have to watch Mean Streets but I chose Spielberg because he's the director of my childhood. I've a sentimental attachment to him. And in fact, I don't like Scorsese, the guy I mean. He talks too fast and he's paranoid

PS : Steven is 69 today! Happi beurzdaï

Hard to direct a dinosaur

And for the record, Spielberg's first name is spelled with a V, not PH. Steven, not Stephen.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra