Mojo Filter's Top 10 Bruce Willis Movies

Tools    

Check out and leave comments on my previous threads listing my Top 10 Movies by Michael Keaton, Leonardo DiCaprio, Al Pacino, Tom Cruise, Sean Penn, Eddie Murphy, Sylvester Stallone, Arnold Schwarzenegger, Tom Hanks, and Robert Deniro.

One of the biggest movie stars in the world is...

BRUCE WILLIS

Bruce Willis is one of the most versatile actors around.

The following are my Top 10 Movies that starred Bruce...

10. THE BONFIRE OF THE VANITIES
(Directed by Brian De Palma, 1990)

The movie might have been a major flop at the box office and was hated by so many critics, but I liked it. In fact, it's unfairly underrated. Bruce is funny in his part as a drunk writer who is tracking down an unfaithful rich man, played by Tom Hanks, who is accused of severely injuring a young Black youth in a hit-and-run in the slums of New York City for the story of the lifetime.

Trailer

Movie Clip

9. DIE HARD WITH A VENGEANCE
(Directed by John McTiernan, 1995)

In my opinion, this is the best of all the Die Hard sequels, with Bruce returning as smart ass cop John McClane as he runs around New York City along with Sam Jackson trying to stop a madman terrorist, played by Jeremy Irons.

Trailer

Movie Clip

Wasn't a fan of Bonfire, except Griffith looking hot. Die Hard 3 is only my 3rd favorite of the series, but that's good enough to make my top 10.

8. 12 MONKEYS
(Directed by Terry Gilliam, 1995)

The post-apocalyptic science fiction film 12 Monkeys is one of the most interesting films of the 90's, featuring Bruce as a prisoner from the future who is sent back in time to stop the virus that ends up destroying mankind.

Trailer

Movie Clip

7. LOOK WHO'S TALKING
(Directed by Amy Heckerling, 1989)

Although the movie may seem dated and cheesy watching it now, the classic comedy Look Who's Talking was one of my favorite films growing up. Bruce is physically not in the movie, but his voice, that of Mikey, the baby and toddler, is. This was the first time Bruce would collaborate with John Travolta.

Trailer

Movie Clip

6. THE EXPENDABLES 2
(Directed by Simon West, 2012)

Sylvester Stallone has succeeded in making yet another profitable franchise in his late career with The Expendables movies, the best of which is the second installment that features Bruce in a lengthier role than the first film, in which he only appeared as a cameo. The movie is loads of fun, and, pretty much, one of the best Bruce films ever.

Trailer

Movie Clip

The Expendables 2 is a tricky choice for me. I certainly think it's good enough, but I don't look at it as a Bruce Willis movie.

I liked Look Who's Talking.

Die Hard and Pulp Fiction for sure, I'll also say Die Hard 2, The Last Boy Scout, and then either The Fifth Element or another Die Hard sequel. Actually, I think Blind Date makes it.

5. DEATH BECOMES HER
(Directed by Robert Zemeckis, 1992)

Bruce had a very funny turn in this often overlooked black comedy classic by Oscar winning director Robert Zemeckis and co-starring Goldie Hawn and Meryl Streep.

Trailer

Movie Clip

I remember Death Becomes Her being considered a flop when it came out, and I never watched it. I love the 3 stars and the director so who knows.

I remember Death Becomes Her being considered a flop when it came out, and I never watched it. I love the 3 stars and the director so who knows.
You should definitely see it. I saw it at the movies when it came out.

My Favorite Part:

Behind the Scenes - Creepy Meryl Streep Robot:

4. THE SIXTH SENSE
(Directed by M. Night Shyamalan, 1999)

One of the best and most unpredictable films of the last 20 years, The Sixth Sense featured Bruce as a child psychologist working with a kid who sees dead people.

Trailer

Movie Clip

3. UNBREAKABLE
(Directed by M. Night Shyamalan, 2000)

The second collaboration with director M Night Shyamalan was the much less successful and severely underrated Unbreakable that co-starred Sam Jackson and featured Bruce as a real-life superhero.

Trailer

Movie Clip