My Favorite Animated Voice Performances

Tools    

Debbie Reynolds as Charlotte in Charlotte's Web

I love this performance because it was so initially unsettling...you don't think of spiders as being cute and cuddly and, most of all, feminine, but Reynolds gave a lovely feminine quality to this animated character that made her completely lovable.

Jodi Benson as Ariel in The Little Mermaid

Benson makes the list again as one of Disney's most popular heroines.

Henry Gibson as Wilbur in Charlotte's Web

The late actor provided the voice of a doomed pig who finds redemption and overnight celebrity from a very unlikely source.

Gene Hackman as General Mandible in Antz

Hackman was flawless as this slightly demented military leader...if they gave out Oscars for voice work, Hackman would have won a third for this.

Tim Allen as Buzz Lightyear in Toy Story and Toy Story 2

Allen brought a quiet vulnerability to this outwardly self-absorbed character...a toy astronaut who is convinced that he is an actually an astronaut and not an action figure...I remember being genuinely moved by the moment in the first film when Buzz actually faces the fact that he is an action figure.

Alan Tudyk as King Candy in Wreck it Ralph

Tudyk's work as this crazed video game monarch made this minor character a lot more interesting than he was in the screenplay.

Billy Crystal as Mike Wazowski in Monsters Inc.

Crystal hits all the right notes as a futuristic monster who learns that the company he works for is not what it appears to be.

Mike Meyers as Shrek

More Oscar worthy voice work as Meyers gave vocal life to a cartoon character who sounded NOTHING like Mike Meyers and was the genesis of one of Disney's most successful franchises and a merchandising dream.

Pat Carroll as Ursula in The Little Mermaid

This legendary actress provided the voice for one of Disney's nastiest villains.

Billy Crystal is great as Mike he would make my top ten more than likely . Got a feeling i know what your #1 will be unless he's already shown up and i missed it.

Billy Crystal is great as Mike he would make my top ten more than likely . Got a feeling i know what your #1 will be unless he's already shown up and i missed it.
I don't think it's going to be too difficult to figure out what my #1 is going to be.