Movie of the Month (Master Thread)

Tools    

Alright folks, let's see how this goes. This is sort of the "headquarters" thread for all things MotM-related. I guess my idea pitch was successful, now how about my sales pitch!

The Movie Forums Movie of the Month is a new (not really) forum activity that grants a member the opportunity to host their own thread, that thread puts a movie he/she holds dear to their heart onto the MotM pedestal for all other MoFos to see. For the duration of the month, members are highly encouraged to view and/or discuss the movie that member has chosen.

Why did that member choose that particular movie? What does that movie mean to them? How did YOU react to the movie upon watching it?

These questions and endless more can be up for discussion to make each and every Movie and the Month entertaining and memorable.

Not only watching and discussing though;other opportunities including games, quizzes, host roasts, and possibly even PODCASTS hosted by our Master Jedi himself are possible during the MotM!

Once that month has ended, then a new host will be chosen with a new movie and a new journey begins for us all!

The level of activity you wish to involve yourself in MotM is completely up to you. Do you want to possibly host? Do you want to just sit back and join the discussions? Do you want to help the host make his/her thread the best it could be? Many options are available, and you are completely free to choose your level of participation.

There are many ways to go about participating in this hopefully long-running activity—but there will always be one goal for everyone: have fun!

A quick overview:

- All hosts and movies chosen for the MotM will first be announced in this thread.

- If you wish to become a host, then please say so here and I will put you on the board. This is just so a person that has no desire to host does not get picked over others that do.

- All past MotM threads will be archived here.

- Anything related to Yoda's MotM/Movie Club podcasts can be discussed here.

- If you have any questions at all for anything MotM-related, please post them in this thread.

Please note: the host board is not in order, it's just to show the members that are interested in hosting. I will pick the host each month based on their participation of the previous months, desire to host, how much they put into their participation etc.

Host Board:

TheUsualSuspect
Destiny
Swan
bluedeed
Slappydavis

-----------

Last Host
: doubledenim

-----------

Past Threads:

October 2015: SINISTER (Host: Derek Vinyard)

November 2015: FORBIDDEN PLANET (Host: Nope1172)

December 2015:GATTACA (Host: Yoda)

January 2016:The Lion in Winter (Host: Friendly Mushroom!)

February 2016: Affliction (Host: False Writer)

March 2016: The World, The Flesh, and the Devil (Host: Citizen Rules)

April 2016: Punishment Park (Host: cricket)

HOST ME !!

I've been thinking... it may be in everyone's best interest if I just go ahead and be the first host. That way I'll be the one to go through the growing pains of how all this will work exactly, and all the future hosts' MotMs will hopefully go more smoothly. Also, it'll give me more time trying to figure out how we'll do the voting system.

What do you have to do as host?
The host will be the one in charge of their own thread, he/she will be in complete control of how they want everything to be done with their MotM time. I figured there will be a great deal more freedom for the host that way, but there will also be a bit more responsibility. They can put questions, pictures, gifs, anything they want in their thread. Or if they want to just be like "Here's my movie. Go watch it." Then that's fine too.

What's going to be the first movie, then?
If I'm indeed the first host, then I'll announce it tomorrow!

I just added you to the host board!

Alright folks, let's have a vote right now. DEREK VINYARD OR FALSE WRITER FOR FIRST HOST???

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
As much as I'd prefer False Writer to host the first movie because it's more likely to be a movie that I might watch, I think most people would prefer Derek Vinyard to host this month because he'll probably pick a movie that will be a good Halloween movie.

(I'll probably end up skipping this month if that happens, but you know, the whole "needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few, or the one" thing. )

I certainly gonna pick a movie in the theme of Halloween !
Good, I'm going to start digging into some horror films soon to lead up to Halloween.

I certainly gonna pick a movie in the theme of Halloween !
Dear God! It'll be Jeepers Creepers.

I've been thinking... it may be in everyone's best interest if I just go ahead and be the first host. That way I'll be the one to go through the growing pains of how all this will work exactly, and all the future hosts' MotMs will hopefully go more smoothly. Also, it'll give me more time trying to figure out how we'll do the voting system.
I actually thought this might be a good idea, plus, it's his baby. It kind of feels weird not letting him go first.

No offense to Derek, whatsoever.

If I was False Writer, I would let someone else go first (such as Derek Vinyard) so you could test drive it -- see what works, what doesn't work, what needs to be improved, that kind of thing. Then when it's my own turn, I could make those corrections and have a better experience.

I expect it to be Sinister. I think that's the movie that he's been recommending recently.
Good call. I forgot about that movie, and he should know that I haven't watched it yet. That would be pretty cool, to watch it for the first time ever, in October.

I actually thought this might be a good idea, plus, it's his baby. It kind of feels weird not letting him go first.

No offense to Derek, whatsoever.
Thank you for the concern Destiny (I have no idea how to actually type your name ) I definitely appreciated it.

BUT I'M A MAN OF THE PEOPLE! IF THE PEOPLE WANT DEREK VINYARD! THEN THEY SHALL GET DEREK VINYARD IN ALL HIS NEO-NAZI GLORY!!!

Also, just a minor spoiler: my movie wasn't going to be Halloween-themed.

If I was False Writer, I would let someone else go first (such as Derek Vinyard) so you could test drive it -- see what works, what doesn't work, what needs to be improved, that kind of thing. Then when it's my own turn, I could make those corrections and have a better experience.
I understand what you're trying to say, but I was more than willing to be the guinea pig for the sake of everyone else to have a better experience. Of course though I'm gonna help Derek Vinyard in any which way possible to try to make his MotM an awesome one! And you're right, I can supervise his thread and see how it goes and how future threads can improve.

Thank you for the concern Destiny (I have no idea how to actually type your name ) I definitely appreciated it.

BUT I'M A MAN OF THE PEOPLE! IF THE PEOPLE WANT DEREK VINYARD! THEN THEY SHALL GET DEREK VINYARD IN ALL HIS NEO-NAZI GLORY!!!
I'm a Cancer. We have a mothering nature. We over protect. We worry about everyone, and everything. We're always trying to make sure everything is OK. That's just who I am.

Also, just a minor spoiler: my movie wasn't going to be Halloween-themed.
Oh, well then never mind. Derek goes first!