DVD-ROM Drives

Tools    

Basically, this is simply a question about regions. I live in Australia as almost all of you know. This means I cannot get copies of the greatest films [usually], and also that I cannot get the great copies of the newer films [for example, the Tenenbaums Criterion edition]. So what I am asking is about DVD regions on the DVD-ROM drives. Someone told me that the region thing only applies to DVD players, and not to computer drives. Is this the case?

DVD Roms DO have region protection as well...but the great thing about computers, you can make em do what you want them to

PM coming your way

"we have ways"

N7of9, could you please tell me?

I must become Caligari..!
Hey silver! my old DVD used to have be only regoin 4, anyway MOST R4 DVD players have codes you can put in to the dvd player using your remote that unlock it to all regions.... it worked for me

What make is your dvd player? there are heaps out there on the internet.
It's a god-awful small affair, To the girl with, the mousy hair, But her mummy is yelling "No", and her daddy has told her to go, But her friend is nowhere to be seen, Now she walks through her sunken dream, To the seat with the clearest view, And she's hooked to the silver screen, But the film is a saddening bore, For she's lived it ten times or more...

Originally Posted by n7of9
DVD Roms DO have region protection as well...but the great thing about computers, you can make em do what you want them to

PM coming your way

"we have ways"
Would you care sending a PM my way as well ? I managed to pull that trick once but I lost the program for it and can't find it again.

I just loaded most recent version of Region Free DVD on my computer[s] and then cracked it.
I've been enjoying R1 ever since. Well, Hard Eight, anyway...

you can "flash" your drive using firmware specific to your DVD Rom...many can be found here

BUT this is very risky...it can freeze your drive and there is no fixing it after that...DVD Region Free has a 30 day free trial...i highly recommend it