10 summer movies your looking forward to the most?

Tools    

The Mad Prophet of the Movie Forums
Mine are: (In no order)

Bruce Almighty
X-2
The Matrix Reloaded
Finding Nemo
The Hulk
28 Days later
Terminator 3
Pirats of the Caribbean
The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen
Bad Boys II

I'll cheat on my own list and put 11:

Seabiscuit

All I can think of right now are…

Pirates of the Caribbean
The Matrix Reloaded
The Hulk
A League of Extraordinary Gentlemen
X-Men 2
Van Helsing

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

Now I know that, technically, some of these will be released during the latter part of spring or the early part of fall, but they are still the ten, I know about now, that I'll be anxious to see.

1. Pirates of the Caribbean
I'm looking forward to seeing Depp in an action/comedy role. He's on my top ten list easy. Should be good, even though it's Disney (I know Disney's good too). We'll see.

2. The Hulk
I have a feeling that the green manalishi will look fine on the big screen. Good cast, should be a good story. We'll see.

3. Owning Mahowny
Philip Seymour Hoffman as a hard core gambling genius working a scam??? C'mon, you know that's going to be good. He's a legend in the making, m-o-o-n spells legend!

4. Down with Love
McGregor and Zellweger are perfectly made for roles like these. I'm normally not a romantic comedy kinda guy, but this one will certainly be an exception.

5. Underworld
Vampires versus Werwolves. Dark and atmospheric, let us pray. All together now. A-one-and-a-two-a...

6. The Matrix Reloaded
Need I say anything?

7. Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines
A lot of people already seem to know that this movie is a stinker. My prediction is that it will blow audiences away.

8. Van Helsing
Dracula, The Wolfman, and Frankenstein meet their match??? Holy *****!!! I gotta see this!

9. Till Human Voices Wake Us
A love story, not a romantic/comedy. A character study. Guy Pearce and Helena Bonham Carter get a chance to really prove their abilities, I can't wait.

10. League of Extraordinary Gentlemen
More than any other, I hope for this to be good.
With the fate of the world at stake, a team of extraordinary figures with legendary powers is our last hope. Led by renowned adventurer Alaan Quatermain (Sean Connery), this “League” is comprised of the world’s first superheroes: Captain Nemo (Naseeruddin Shah), Vampiress Mina Harker (Peta Wilson), invisible rogue Rodney Skinner (Tony Curran), American Secret Service Agent Tom Sawyer (Shane West), the immortal and secretive Dorian Gray (Stuart Townsend), and Jekyll & Hyde (Jason Flemyng).
"Today, war is too important to be left to politicians. They have neither the time, the training, nor the inclination for strategic thought. I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."

A novel adaptation.
What qualifies as this summer? As I've seen in these lists movies that come out in 5 days next to movies that come out over a year from now.

I couldn't come up with a list of ten secular to this summer only. So I took a little liberty and snubbed the criteria. What are you gonna do about boy? A vampire's not afraid of lurker. Bwahahahaha....~hack~gasp~wheeze~ *FAINT*

The Shape of Things
The Secret Lives of Dentists
Dirty Pretty Things
Masked & Anonymous
The In-Laws
Prozac Nation
Wonderland
Matchstick Men
Hollywood Homicide
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

My life isn't written very well.
Holden Sir, Is that movie The In-Laws a remake of the 1979 movie of the same name, that starred Alan Arkin and Peter Falk?

r66-The member who always asks WHY?

I love the Arkin film, he's one of my favorites of that generation. Unfortunately, I've never really cared for Albert Brooks, so I guess I'll wait for cable.

I love both Alan Arkin and Albert Brooks equally. Though truthfully, as a writer/director, Albert gets the edge if it comes right down to it. Just plain genius (though he is only an actor-for-hire in the In-Laws re-make). Seriously, I have seen Modern Romance, Lost in America and Defending Your Life at least seventy times each (at least), and they still floor me with hysterics to this day. From his stand-up on "Sullivan", the records, the short films for "SNL", to his own films, to his acting in other people's projects (Broadcast News, Private Benjamin, Out of Sight, Twilight Zone: The Movie, Critical Care, My First Mister), I just LOVE the guy.

If it weren't for the presence of Brooks, I wouldn't even consider seeing an In-Laws re-make. But he alone makes it a must see. For me, anyway.

Hmm..I'll give your favorite three another chance. I was quite a bit younger and my tastes have changed. I'd sure hate to be missing out on real genius. Thanks for the tip, SHoP.

I'm not old, you're just 12.
in no real order:

The Hulk
Matrix 2
X-Men 2
Bruce Almighty
Freddy Vs. Jason
Charlies Angels 2
Terminator 3
American Splendor
Shaolin Soccer
and
Spy Kids 3-D (Though I'll never admit to that...oops. Forget you ever read that.)

https://shawnsmovienight.blogspot.com/

Hi
Matrix Reloaded
*edit* After seeing the 28 days later tralier that goes very high up my list, by the description i didn't think it looked too interesting because i couldn't picture what it was like but after the trailer i wanted to see more
Xmen 2
S.W.A.T
The Hulk
T3
Shaolin Soccer
Bruce Almighty
The Italian Job

Van Helsing is for 2004 I heard..i guess it's still a summer movie though

The End.

Already saw X2... so that's no longer on the list.

[In no particular order]:

The Matrix Reloaded
Pirates of the Caribbean
Bruce Almighty
Down with Love
Finding Nemo
The Hulk
28 Days later
Terminator 3
Lara Croft Tomb Raider: The Cradle of Life (A guilty pleasure... sue me!)

T3
Pirates of the Caribbean
Owning Mahowny
Finding Nemo (a little late on that one)
Underworld
Charlie's Angels 2
Hulk
Dumb and Dumberer
Is Stuck on You coming out this summer?

Originally posted by Monkeypunch

Spy Kids 3-D (Though I'll never admit to that...oops. Forget you ever read that.)
No need to be ashamed. Spy Kids is tight cookies. I now put this on my list. I was unaware it was coming out at the time of making my first list.

Plus its been a long time since a good 3-D movie has been out.

They might not all be coming out this summer (or this year) but here are mine:

The Hulk
Van Helsing
T3
Pirates of the Caribbean
28 Days Later
Return of the King
Matrix: Revolutions
The Incredibles
S.W.A.T.

I must become Caligari..!
I'll do non-Realesed this year's!!!

1.Kill Bill Quentin Tarantino

2.Once Upon a Time in Mexico Robert Rodriguez

3.Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines Jonathan Mostow

4. Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl Gore Verbinski

5. Last Samurai, The Edward Zwick
It's a god-awful small affair, To the girl with, the mousy hair, But her mummy is yelling "No", and her daddy has told her to go, But her friend is nowhere to be seen, Now she walks through her sunken dream, To the seat with the clearest view, And she's hooked to the silver screen, But the film is a saddening bore, For she's lived it ten times or more...

To my limited knowlege, all of those are coming out this year. Therefor, I modify my list to include those I don't have.

Out of the ones I haven't seen yet, Terminator 3 is number one on my list.