Bubba Ho-tep

Tools    

i was wondering if anyone saw this movie, is the last movie with the actor Bruce Campbell (EVIL DEAD), anyway, id like to know if theres a way of getting a copy of it

It played at the Toronto Film Festival last year, but didn't find a distributor right away. It has played a few other film fests, and even won Bruce Capbell best actor honors at the Aspen U.S. Comedy Arts Film Festival. It has been well reviewed by just about everybody who has seen it, but alas, still no plans to release it either theatrically or straight-to-video.

It's got to find the light of day eventually, because it's just too funny a concept, and Bruce's fanebase alone should make at least a little bit of money for 'em. This is the stuff cult comedies are made of, you would think.

For anyone who hasn't heard of Bubba Ho-Tep yet, Bruce Campbell stars as Elvis Presely, who it turns out is not dead but livng quietly at a retirement home. He switched identities with an Elvis impersonator for a rest, but missed the opportunity to switch back before his death. Ossie Davis (Do the Right Thing, The Client, Joe vs. the Volcano) is another old timer, and he believes he is President John Fitzgerald Kennedy. Chaos ensues when an Egyptian mummy comes to life and starts terrorizing the joint. Elvis and JFK team up to vanquish the evil!

The official website can be found HERE.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

I read about that while browsing through Fangoria the other day!

It was beauty killed the beast.
The wacky premise is certainly interesting. If this film doesn't find a distributer soon Kong will tear up the mother******* streets of Hollywood until it does. So fret not little ones.

Whew, thank Kong, er, um...God, for that.
"Today, war is too important to be left to politicians. They have neither the time, the training, nor the inclination for strategic thought. I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."

I See You When You're Sleeping
I've never heard of this movie before, but by the sounds of it looks great. Kong, give god some Kong points so he'll find a way to release it.

The Mad Prophet of the Movie Forums
Why on earth would they not release this? Its a gold mine!!!

In Soviet America, you sue MPAA!
I saw it last week at the grand opening of the new Landmark theater in DC. Bruce Campbell was there for opening day as well.

I loved it. I loved it so damn much. Bruce Campbell delivers a performance that is flatout flawless.

Ther really isn't a single thing about it that I didn't like. It was just such a wonderful story about living life to the fullest even as you're aging and becoming forgotten. It really was inspirational. Deffinetely the best Elvis vs. Mummy movie out there. :-) I'd recommend it to anyone anytime.

man, the evil dead movies are the best. and bruce cambell is the man. have you read his book? nope, it's not playing anywhere in my area, so i'll havta wait for the dvd.

how much longer do I have to wait to see this??? I have known about this movie for so long!!!