2003: Year Of The Sequals

Tools    

******* by Nature
Is it just me, or is this year, 2003, the year of the sequals?
Think about it:
*MATRIX RELOADED AND REVOLUTIONS
*X2
*TERMINATOR 3
*LORD OF THE RINGS: RETURN OF THE KING
*JEEPERS CREEPERS 2
*BAD BOYS 2
*LARA CROFT TOMB RAIDER: THE CRADEL OF LIFE
*2 FAST 2 FURIOUS
*CHARLIE'S ANGELS: FULL THROTTLE
*LEGALLY BLONDE 2: RED, WHITE AND BLONDE
* WHEN HARRY MET LLOYD: DUMB & DUMBERER
* THE EXORCIST: THE BEGINNING
* AMERICAN WEDDING
* ONCE UPON A TIME IN MEXICO: El Mariachi/Desperado sequal
* THE WHOLE TEN YARDS
* FREDDY VS. JASON. (in a way a sequal)
thats a few of them
like seriously can't they come up with any new stories, not just creating sequals. Some there need sequals, but some are just there to make some more money.

No, it's not just you. In fact, HERE's another thread from this board.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

But the perception that "this year" has Hollywood releasing more sequels than most other years is incorrect. It's just what they do, supposed proven marketability and all.

Just one year ago, 2002 had Blade 2: Bloodlust, Queen of the Damned, The Scorpion King, Jason X, Star Wars, Episode II: Attack of the Clones, The Sum of All Fears, Men in Black II, Halloween: Resurrection, Stuart Little 2, Austin Powers in Goldmember, Spy Kids 2: The Island of Lost Dreams, Red Dragon, The Santa Clause 2, Harry Potter & the Chamber of Secrets, The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers, Friday After Next, Analyze That and Star Trek: Nemesis.

And of course they're ALL being made primarily to make money, sequel or not. Do you think Spider-Man or Scooby-Doo or xXx were greenlit with high artistic intentions? Now we'll get further installment of each, I'm sure.

So I like sequels if they r good spiderman was good so was xxx good. scooby Doo was good

r u a mongo the scorpion king is a preqeul

I am having a nervous breakdance
I think there's a new Batman movie out this year too. A prequel I think. And isn't there a Die Hard IV, a Rocky VI and a new Indiana Jones in the making too? I don't have any statistics on this but it feels like sequels and prequels have increased rapidly during the last few years.

--------

They had temporarily escaped the factories, the warehouses, the slaughterhouses, the car washes - they'd be back in captivity the next day but
now they were out - they were wild with freedom. They weren't thinking about the slavery of poverty. Or the slavery of welfare and food stamps. The rest of us would be all right until the poor learned how to make atom bombs in their basements.

The Mad Prophet of the Movie Forums
I some stuff concerning Die Hard IV. The lat reports I heard was it was Bruce protecting people in Africa. This report turned out to be Tears of the Sun. Can anyone confirm Die Hard IV?