Get Carter (1971 Michael Caine) Bluray. UK original dialogue mix

Tools    

''You're a big man but you're out of shape!''
Hi all.

I'm after a copy of the original Get Carter and I have seen that it is available on Amazon UK but with the US dubbed mix. I'm after a BD with the original UK audio version. Has this been released yet or is it still in the pipeline with Warners?
Any replies would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Sorry I cant help ya, but will kind of make comment on this flick. Ysee I never saw the original, but did try watching the Stallone remake. That remake was so bad I turned it off 20 minutes in. Ive finished watching Mama Mia once, so thats damn bad. I would love to see the original with Michael Caine one day.

If you get a chance then see it. It is in my opinion the greatest British film of all time ,and I don't say that lightly. Dark, cold, brooding with menace and filmed in Newcastle in the north east of England in 1970 in a time when the city was gritty and very very bleak. An anti feel good film that still has the best theme tune ever written. Catch it if you can

I was in HMV today and I'm 99% sure I saw they had Get Carter, and I would assume it would have been the English version, so I would suggest popping down to one if you have one local, and taking a look for yourself

It might have been a Blu-ray version though (that I saw), which is also listed on amazon:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Get-Carter-B...rds=get+carter

It says:

Note to Customers Regarding the Soundtrack
Please note that this product when sold by Amazon.co.uk includes the UK soundtrack to the movie. Owing to a manufacturing error when first released, some copies of this title sold by third parties may include the US soundtrack instead.

It might be the same regarding the DVD version, so it might be worth buying it on Amaon after all.

The Blu-ray link? Yes. It says on Amazon that certain copies sold by third parties in the initial release accidentally included the US dub, but I would imagine that if you bought it direct from them, it should be fine.

Just saw what you mean on the Amazon UK link. Bought it, £14.29 with delivery.
I've a new member of Movie Forums and you guys have come up with the goods.

Many thanks