Expendables 3

→ in
Tools    

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Saw a screening of the new Expendables flick. Better than I thought it would be and Banderas steals the show!!!

Check out the review.

Expendables 3 (Patrick Hughes)

It was surprisingly a fun ride.

On yet another routine mission, the Expendables stumble upon an old friend, Stonebanks, one of the original members of the crew and now, a vicious war lord. Can Barney look past the revenge and get the job done, or will it consume him until it's too late?

The Expendables 3 throws a lot at you and for the most part, it sticks. It follows the same formula as the previous films: open up with a big action set piece, introduce the problem, get the team together, suffer some form of defeat, band the team together again and shoot the hell out of everyone until the finish. What this film does better, is give the new members something to do and deliver on the action. The final sequence in this film alone warrants a watch in my books as it's the best action the series has delivered yet.

It opens in August, but when it does, let us know what you think.

Suspect's Reviews

This film was leaked all over the internet yesterday or the day before, know quite a few people who have seen it that way.

Not me, going to be a good girl and wait for the cinema release.

I am really looking forward to seeing Expendables 3. I am a huge fan of the first two and I know this third one is going to be the icing on the cake. Especially since they have all of these extra actors they've included in this one. I am excited to see what the overall plot is about in this one and of course someone is going to die. I am curious to see who that is going to be as well and if anything romantic will happen with Barney and Maggie. I am ecstatic and truly looking forward to this movie. I think this one will be the best one of all times. Only time will tell.

Expendables 3 was pretty awesome. I plugged in my laptop into my big screen TV when I saw it online, plus the film was of Blu-Ray high definition quality so it looked superior. It was so cool

There's another Expendables movie? Oh...how exciting.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

"""" Hulk Smashhhh."""
Fantastic film. Haven't had so much fun in a long time.

"Banshee is the greatest thing ever. "

Can't wait to watch this one!!

Awesome but professionally speaking, this is a bad movie honestly. Its just that legends were put in this film that makes this movie good and entertaining for some people.

My short review---

Are the expendables getting old ?? That is the question that goes through Sly Stallone's mind when his mission with the expendables goes wrong....

Not only are the expendables caught by surprise by the appearance of an ex member of their group ( played by Mel Gibson ) in the opponents' camp on their mission to intercept a shipment of bombs for a warlord in Somalia , but one of them gets badly injured in the ensuing firefight and they are forced to back off....

So Sly goes off to recruit new members including an attractive woman , and plans his new mission to capture Mel Gibson using the new recruits .

But the old members of expendables are angered by this decision and are not ready to give up so easily . To add to this a chatterbox character ( played by Antonio Banderas ) wants to join too , and runs from pillar to post chasing Ross ( the name of Sly in the film ) .

So does the mission to capture Mel work out ??
Are the new expendables better than the old ?? Is youth better than experience ??
What will happen to the old expendables now that their uses are seemingly over ??

Watch the film for the answers....

There is not much scope for acting in this kind of film crowded with many characters , and even Sly Stallone has not attempted any great histrionics . Banderas' attempt at comedy by continuously yak yakking does irritate , but that is minor stuff .

The action in the film cannot be called mindblowing , but gives some decent entertainment . It gives you what you want in adequate doses---automatic rifles crackling with bullets fired and cartridges expended , bombs exploding , helicopters raining death from the air , tanks storming buildings with booming guns , skyscrapers collapsing neatly into piles of rubble....all the works....

But hey !! The film does not break the golden rule that the final fight between the two protagonists ( Sly and Mel ) should and should be old fashioned hand to hand combat---all the high tech weapons be damned....Nothing like the sight of two hard muscled oldies taking off their jackets to square off by planting blows on each other....

The movie kept me interested with it's firepower for quite some time though the fighting lacked the intensity of great action movies . Maybe the intention of the director was not to make a great movie either , but to offer the fans of action oldies like Slyvester Stallone and Arnold Shwarznegger a chance to see them in combat without too much frills . So the battle front moves from Somalia to Romania and keeps churning out fire and sweat and heat and smoke.....

Nice to see actors who were rivals in the 90s come together to give us some medium octane entertainment....And nicer to see some newer guys join them too---not to forget the young lady who throws punches and somersaults like a he-man....

Won't mind another sequel at all....

Verdict---Quite okay .

You know this will be full of stunts, impossible acts of fighting, full of cheap one liners... and I am going to watch the **** out of this movie!!

Hello everyone...This is my first post here. These are my thoughts on the Expendable III movie:

Synopsis: Barney (Stallone) and the rest of his crew come into contact with Conrad Stonebanks (Gibson) the co-founder the Expendables who Barney had killed, when Conrad veered off course to become an evil arms trader, or so he thought.
Now Stonebanks has made it his mission to end the Expendables and Barney must hire some new blood in order to defeat Conrad.

Pros: Antonio Banderas is the scene stealer in this movie, and Schwarzenegger seems to be having a fun time in Expendables III. Harrison Ford who replaces Bruce Willis's (Church) is solid as Drummer and it was nice to see Welsey Snipes return to the big screen as Doc. Kelsey Grammer is also quite enjoyable as Bonaparte.

Cons: First, If you're going to have all these action icons together, then make a rated R film...go for it!. Second, Mel Gibson's (Stonebanks) character just doesn’t shine through. They should have allowed him to not hold back his "crazy" like, in the Lethal Weapon movies. There really isn't much tension between Gibson and Stallone and there should be. Last but not least, all the new recruits played by Victor Ortiz (Mars), Ronda Rousey (Luna) and Kellan Lutz (Smilee) never really add anything to the team's dynamic. They don't have any presence.

If you didn't get into the first two installments, then Expendables III won't change your mind. But for those who are on board, you will enjoy this third and possibly last instalment in the series. Expendables III could have been better, but it is still a decent installment in the shoot 'em up and save the day action film series.

Aroundtable

Not exactly a challenging story line or great acting, but you know what to expect with an expendables film.

Its like the action films i grew up with, big name actors (though some cant act) with plenty of action and explosions,
perfect film for lazy days or a hang over, you know them days when you don't really want to think that hard anyway,
It is the third installment so anyone that didn't like then first two cant really complain,

Me personally knowing what to expect, I absolutely loved it.