Born Today

Tools    

Also born on December 10th...

Actor Victor McLaglen was England born (in 1886) with Scottish ancestry, but became most famous in roles in American films, especially those directed by John Ford. He fought in World War I and was a professional boxer before turning to acting, first in British Silent films in the 1920s. He would appear in thirteen of Ford's films, starting with The Fighting Heart in 1925, and including The Informer, Wee Willie Winkie, The Lost Patrol, Fort Apache, She Wore a Yellow Ribbon, Rio Grande, and The Quiet Man. Some of his most enduring titles away from John Ford included George Stevens' Gunga Din, Ben Stoloff's Sea Devils, and The Princess and the Pirate with Bob Hope. One of his last few films was The Abductors, directed by his son Andrew. Victor won the Oscar for Best Actor for The Informer, and was nominated as Best Supporting Actor for The Quiet Man.

He died in 1959, at the age of seventy-two.

Actor Ray Collins (born 1889) is probably best remembered for playing Lieutenant Tragg on the very long running and extremely popular "Perry Mason" program, from 1957 until his death in 1965. But he enjoyed a long career as a character actor before getting that plum gig. He was part of Orson Welles' Mercury Theatre and then the radio shows in the 1930s. Not surprisingly, especially as Orson once called Ray Collins the finest actor he ever worked with, he was one of the many Mercury Players Welles brought to Hollywood for Citizen Kane and The Magnificent Ambersons, which ignited his film career. He was in such varied projects as William Wyler's The Best Years of Our Lives, The Heiress and The Desperate Hours, Fred Zinnemann's The Seventh Cross with Spencer Tracy, George Cukor's A Double Life with Ronald Colman, The Bachelor and the Bobby-Soxer with Cary Grant and Shirley Temple, the classic Noir Leave Her to Heaven with Gene Tierney, the Western Badman's Territory with Randolph Scott, It Happens Every Spring with Ray Milland, Summer Stock with Gene Kelly and Judy Garland, and back with Welles for Touch of Evil.

Ray Collins was seventy-five when he died, in 1965.

Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	Victor.jpg
Views:	5602
Size:	189.4 KB
ID:	18788   Click image for larger version

Name:	Collins.jpg
Views:	5896
Size:	172.4 KB
ID:	18791  
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Dorothy Lamour...She's one of those classic era actresses, that almost any movie she's in will make me smile. She's always light hearted and fun...no wonder Bob and Bing took her to the ends of the Earth.

John Colicos
- Commander Kor......Ohhhh one of the reallly goood - baaaad Klingons.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
Dorothy Lamour...She's one of those classic era actresses, that almost any movie she's in will make me smile. She's always light hearted and fun...no wonder Bob and Bing took her to the ends of the Earth.

John Colicos
- Commander Kor......Ohhhh one of the reallly goood - baaaad Klingons.

I'm not a big fan of the episode "Errand of Mercy", but John Colicos was awesome as Kor.

Have you ever seen the Star Trek blooper reels from that episode? They're better than the episode itself.

Boy! That's a tough question. I know I've seen blooper ST reels but I can't remember if I seen that or not. Off the top of my head Errand of Mercy is where Kirk and Spock land on a planet where civilization hasn't changed in 1000s of years and Kirk is trying to start a rebellion? If so the actors who played the elderly council members turn up all the time in old films. But not as much as MR Atoz. I seen him again just the other night.

Boy! That's a tough question. I know I've seen blooper ST reels but I can't remember if I seen that or not. Off the top of my head Errand of Mercy is where Kirk and Spock land on a planet where civilization hasn't changed in 1000s of years and Kirk is trying to start a rebellion? If so the actors who played the elderly council members turn up all the time in old films. But not as much as MR Atoz. I seen him again just the other night.

Yes, that's pretty much the description of the episode. It's not one of the better episodes, but it has a few good scenes, mostly the scenes with Kirk and Kor.

The Federation and the Klingons are trying to start a war on a peaceful planet, and the Organians won't let them.

I'm sorry, I seen his birthday, then I was going to come back at night, then I forgot. I forgot a lot these days.

Lt Worf is just such a great character. His eyebrows changed when he got to DSN, not sure why...but he was a plus to the cast on DSN too.

I'm sorry, I seen his birthday, then I was going to come back at night, then I forgot. I forgot a lot these days.

Lt Worf is just such a great character. His eyebrows changed when he got to DSN, not sure why...but he was a plus to the cast on DSN too.

I read somewhere that he had some skin problems that were caused by the Klingon makeup. That may have affected his eyebrows too.

I've met him a few times at comic cons, and he's a very nice guy. He's big, so he looks kind of scary, but he's actually very nice.

That is so COOL you get to meet these people. Michael Dorn seems like he would be really nice and maybe a little quiet too. I didn't realize he was big. I mean I figured he was average size.

That is so COOL you get to meet these people. Michael Dorn seems like he would be really nice and maybe a little quiet too. I didn't realize he was big. I mean I figured he was average size.

He looked pretty big to me, but I'm short, so everybody looks big to me.

At one con, he was on stage with Peter David, and they did a reading of a scene from one of David's Star Trek books. It was a love scene with Worf and a woman, and (obviously) Dorn read Worf's lines. From his reaction, it's was more than obvious that he had never read the book, because the more he read, the more he sounded like Worf was mad, and Peter David looked like he wanted to find a hole to crawl into, until they got to the humor at the end of the scene.

I wish phone-cameras and YouTube were popular back then, because I would love to have gotten that on video. It was so funny.

Born on December 11th:

Rita Moreno - Puerto Rican actress and singer who is the only Hispanic, and one of the few performers, to have won all four major annual American entertainment awards, which include an Oscar, an Emmy, a Grammy and a Tony Award. In 1962, she was only the second Puerto Rican to win an Oscar when she won the award for Best Supporting Actress in the movie West Side Story. She also won the Golden Globe Award for West Side Story. She appeared in the classic musicals Singin' in the Rain and The King and I. From 1971 to 1977, she played many characters on the PBS children's series "The Electric Company", most notably Millie the Helper. In fact, it was Moreno who screamed the show's opening line, "HEY, YOU GUYS!". In 1972, she won a Grammy Award for her contribution to "The Electric Company" soundtrack album. She was also a regular on the 1980s sitcom version of "Nine to Five". She won Emmy Awards for her guest appearances on "The Muppet Show" in 1977, and "The Rockford Files" in 1978. Her Broadway credits include "The Last of the Red Hot Lovers", "Gantry", "The Ritz", and the female version of "The Odd Couple". In 1975, she won the Tony Award for Best Featured Actress for her performance in "The Ritz". She has been nominated for three Golden Globe Awards, six Primetime Emmy Awards, four Daytime Emmy Awards, two Grammy Awards, and one BAFTA Award. On July 20, 1995, she received a Star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame at 7080 Hollywood Blvd. In 2014, she received the Screen Actors Guild Life Achievement Award.

Rita Moreno - America (from West Side Story)

Dick Tufeld - Actor, announcer, narrator and voice actor from the late 1940s until 2004. He is best known for voicing the Robot from "Lost In Space". He spoke the first words heard in the Irwin Allen's "Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea" and "Lost In Space" TV series. He was also heard at the start of several episodes of Irwin Allen's "The Time Tunnel". He did voice work for the 1978 animated TV series "Fantastic Four", and was the main title narrator on the 1979 series "Spider-Woman", and was the main title announcer on the 1981 series "Spider-Man and His Amazing Friends".

Dick Tufeld Tribute (1926-2012)

Vampira - Finnish-American actress born "Maila Nurmi" who created the campy 1950s character Vampira. She portrayed Vampira as TV's first horror host, and in the Ed Wood cult film Plan 9 from Outer Space. She is also billed as Vampira in the 1959 movie The Beat Generation where she plays a beatnik poet. In 1954, she was nominated for an Emmy Award for "Most Outstanding Female Personality". She sued Cassandra Peterson, claiming that her "Elvira" persona was modeled after what she created as Vampira. In 2011, she was posthumously inducted into the Horror Host Hall of Fame, as her character Vampira. She was also posthumously inducted into the Monster Kid Hall of Fame at the Rondo Hatton Classic Horror Awards. She and "The Vampira Show" received a special award at the 50th Anniversary of the Emmy Awards for being the originator of the Television Horror Host sub-genre of movie shows.

Carlo Ponti - Italian film producer with over 140 production credits, and the husband of Italian movie star Sophia Loren. He is best known as the producer of Doctor Zhivago, La Strada, and Blow-Up. His other movies include Marriage Italian Style, Yesterday, Today and Tomorrow, Zabriskie Point, and The Passenger. He founded the production company "Ponti-De Laurentiis" together with Dino De Laurentiis, which produced Toto in Color in 1952, the first Italian movie in color. In 1966, his film Doctor Zhivago was nominated for an Academy Award for Best Picture. In 1957, his film La Strada won the Academy Award for Best Foreign Language Film.

Teri Garr - Actress who is best known for her film roles in Young Frankenstein, Close Encounters of the Third Kind, Oh, God!, Mr. Mom, After Hours, The Black Stallion, One from the Heart, and Tootsie. In 1983, she was nominated for the Academy Award and a BAFTA Award for Best Supporting Actress for Tootsie. She also had a recurring guest role on the TV series "Friends". The "Star Trek" original series episode, "Assignment: Earth", in which she plays a ditsy secretary, was written as the springboard for a spin-off series. The new series was to feature more adventures of "Roberta Lincoln" (Garr) and "Gary Seven" (Robert Lansing), but it never came about. In 2002, she publicly confirmed that she was battling multiple sclerosis. In interviews, she has commented that she first started noticing symptoms while in New York filming Tootsie. She became a National Ambassador for the National Multiple Sclerosis Society, and National Chair for the Society's Women Against MS program (WAMS). In 2005, she was honored as the society's Ambassador of the Year, an honor that had been given only four times since the society was founded.

Teri Garr and Robert Lansing in the "Star Trek" original series episode "Assignment: Earth".

Donna Mills - Actress who is best known for her long-running role as villainous Abby Cunningham on the prime-time soap opera "Knots Landing", and for her role as Tobie Williams, the girlfriend of Clint Eastwood's character in the 1971 cult film Play Misty for Me. In 1986, 1988 and 1989, she won the Soap Opera Digest Award for Outstanding Villainess for her role of Abby in "Knots Landing". Her first TV roles were on the daytime soap operas "The Secret Storm" and "Love Is a Many Splendored Thing". She made her film debut in 1967 in the hard-hitting drama The Incident. She has also starred in several TV movies, including False Arrest, In My Daughter's Name, Dangerous Intentions, The Stepford Husbands, and Ladies of the House. In 2014, she joined the cast of long-running daytime soap opera "General Hospital".

Mo'Nique - Comedian and actress who is best known for her role as Nikki Parker in the UPN series "The Parkers". In 2009, she received critical praise for her villainous role as Mary Lee Johnston in the film Precious, and she won 30 major awards including the Academy Award for Best Supporting Actress. She is one of only 11 actresses to win the Critic's Choice Award, Golden Globe, Screen Actors Guild, BAFTA, and Oscar in the same year, winning for Precious in 2010. From 2009-2011, she hosted "The Mo'Nique Show", a late-night talk show on BET. She is also a stand-up comedian who hosts a variety of venues, including Showtime at the Apollo.

Bess Armstrong - Actress who is best known for her roles in films The Four Seasons, High Road to China, Jaws 3-D, and Nothing in Common. She also starred in the critically acclaimed ABC drama series "My So-Called Life", and had lead roles in a number of made-for-TV films. In 1977, she made her TV debut as Julia Peters on the CBS sitcom, On Our Own. In 1978, she starred opposite Richard Thomas in her first TV-movie Getting Married, and she co-starred again with Richard Thomas in a 1981 stage production of Neil Simon's Barefoot in the Park, from which a video was made for HBO broadcast that year.

Ron Carey - Actor who was best known for playing cocky NYPD Police Officer Carl Levitt on the TV series "Barney Miller". The 5-foot 4-inch actor was almost always surrounded by male actors (and sometimes female guest stars) who stood at least 4" taller. (The series' stars, (Hal Linden, Max Gail, Abe Vigoda, Ron Glass), all stood six feet or more.) From the mid-1970s on, he was a member of Mel Brooks' comedy troupe, appearing in featured roles in films such as High Anxiety, Silent Movie, and History of the World, Part I.

Rider Strong - Actor who is best known for his role as Shawn Hunter on the 1990s sitcom "Boy Meets World", and its 2014 sequel "Girl Meets World". In 1994 and 1997, he was nominated for a Young Artist Award for his role in "Boy Meets World". In 2002, he starred as Paul in the indie horror film Cabin Fever, and he had a brief cameo appearance in the movie's 2009 sequel Cabin Fever 2: Spring Fever.

Gary Dourdan - Actor who is best known for his role as Warrick Brown on the TV series "CSI: Crime Scene Investigation". He was discovered by actress/singer/dancer Debbie Allen when she cast him as Shazza Zulu on the TV series "A Different World". In 1997, he played the character Christie, the first mate, crack-shot, and second in command of the spaceship Betty, in the film Alien: Resurrection. He played Janet Jackson's love interest in the video for her 1993 hit "Again". From 2003-2007, he was nominated for an Image Award for 'Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Drama Series' in five consecutive years, winning the award in 2003 and 2006.

Brenda Lee - Singer who was the top-charting female vocalist of the 1960s. She sang rockabilly, pop and country music, and had 47 US chart hits during the 1960s, and is ranked fourth in that decade surpassed only by Elvis Presley, The Beatles and Ray Charles. She is best known for her 1960 #1 hit "I'm Sorry", and 1958's "Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree", a US holiday standard for more than 50 years. In 1957, at age 12, she became the youngest person to place a song on Billboard's country singles chart with "One Step at a Time". In 1998, she was inducted into the Country Music Hall of Fame. In 2002, she was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. She is also a member of the Rockabilly Hall of Fame, and the Hit Parade Hall of Fame. In 2009, she received a Lifetime Achievement Grammy Award.

Brenda Lee - I'm Sorry

Brenda Lee - Rockin' Around The Christmas Tree

Also born on December 11th...

Jazz pianist McCoy Tyner (born 1938), who first rose to prominence as part of the John Coltrane Quartet in the early 1960s, before breaking out on his own for a distinguished solo career of shifting styles over the decades. He has played with all of the greats from his era and beyond, with his early influence being the great Bud Powell, who was a neighbor of his growing up in Philadelphia.

French actor Jean-Louis Trintignant (born 1930), is maybe best known for the likes of Claude Lelouch's A Man and a Woman, Roger Vadim's And God Created Woman, Costa-Gavras' Z, Bernardo Bertolucci's The Conformist, Eric Rohmer's My Night at Maude's, Truffaut's Confidentially Yours, Krzysztof Kieślowski's Three Colours: Red, and Michael Haneke's Amour, among many, many roles over his long career. He was nominated for the César for Best Actor five times (finally winning for Amour), and was named Best Actor at Cannes for Z.

Actress Marie Windsor (born 1919) was known as "the Queen of the Bs", for the myriad of mid and low budget movies she appeared in during the 1940s and '50s, including some truly classic Film Noirs as a prototypical "bad girl", such as in Abraham Polonsky's Force of Evil, Richard Fleischer's The Narrow Margin, Edward Dmytryk's The Sniper, and Stanley Kurbick's The Killing, as well as dozens of guest appearances on American television, from "Perry Mason", "Rawhide", and "Bonanza" to "Adam 12", "Lou Grant", and "The Incredible Hulk" all the way up to "Murder, She Wrote".

She died in 2000, one day shy of her eighty-first birthday.

Actress Betsy Blair (born 1923) is best remembered on camera for her co-starring role in the Academy Award-winning Marty along side Ernest Borgnine, garnering her only Oscar nomination, as Best Supporting Actress. Off-screen she was known initially for her marriage to Gene Kelly, from 1941-1957, starting when she was only seventeen, and later in her life she married film director Karel Reisz, from 1963 until his death in 2002. Infamously, she was Blacklisted by the HUAC for a period, while married to Kelly. 1955's Marty was her comeback into the industry. Anatole Litvak's The Snake Pit was her biggest pre-Blacklisting tirumph, and after her divorce from Kelly she chose to live and work more in Europe, including in Michelangelo Antonioni's Il Grido.

She died in 2009, at the age of eighty-five.

Actress Hailee Steinfeld (born 1996) only turns eighteen today, but she is certainly an up and comer, and she already has an Oscar nomination to her name, for her breakthrough in The Coen Brothers' remake of True Grit. She was only thirteen when she starred as Mattie Ross along side Jeff Bridges' Rooster Cogburn. She had four films released this year, from a cameo in Tommy Lee Jones' The Homesman to the disposable 3 Days to Kill with Kevin Costner, to very good supporting work in Hateship Loveship with Kristen Wiig, and especially promising in John Carney's Begin Again with Mark Ruffalo, Keira Knightley, and Catherine Keener. In 2015 she'll have upwards of four more projects hit the screen, including Pitch Perfect 2, Barely Lethal, The Keeping Room and Ten Thousand Saints. She seems to have the goods and is transitioning easily into more adult roles.

Attachments

Name:	Tyner.jpg
Views:	5297
Size:	110.0 KB
ID:	18797   Click image for larger version

Name:	Jean-Louis.jpg
Views:	5394
Size:	158.8 KB
ID:	18798   Click image for larger version

Name:	Windsor.jpg
Views:	5426
Size:	191.2 KB
ID:	18799   Click image for larger version

Name:	Blair.jpg
Views:	5456
Size:	177.0 KB
ID:	18800   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hailee.jpg
Views:	5359
Size:	165.9 KB
ID:	18801  

Donna Mills - Actress who is best known for her long-running role as villainous Abby Cunningham on the prime-time soap opera "Knots Landing", and for her role as Tobie Williams, the girlfriend of Clint Eastwood's character in the 1971 cult film Play Misty for Me...

By the by and for the record, this is Donna Mills...

And this is Morgan Fairchild (born February 3rd). She's, uh.....she's....she's my wife! Yeah, that's the ticket!

Attachments

Name:	Mills.jpg
Views:	6382
Size:	104.3 KB
ID:	18802   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fairchild.jpg
Views:	8314
Size:	144.5 KB
ID:	18803  

Gosh...they really do look alike.

Vampira...that's like 2 references to Ed Wood Jr at MoFo in the last few days.

Terri Garr...was great as a guest on David Letterman. One time he had her take a shower on the show.

By the by and for the record, this is Donna Mills...

And this is Morgan Fairchild (born February 3rd). She's, uh.....she's....she's my wife! Yeah, that's the ticket!

Thanks for the info about the picture of Donna Mills. I recognized her name, but I wasn't a fan of "Knot's Landing", so I just used Google to find a picture of her, and that one was labeled "Donna Mills".

I fixed her pic in my post, (hopefully), but to be honest, they look the pretty much same to me.

Is this Donna Mills?

Born December 12, 1970, actress Jennifer Connelly, who started as a child actress and model, her breakthrough coming in Sergio Leone's last film Once Upon a Time in America, filmed when she was only thirteen. Her first starring role was in Dario Argento's Phenomena, and her pop culture impact was secured in Labyrinth with David Bowie and a whole lot of Jim Henson creations, but by the end of the decade when she was appearing in John Hughes' Career Opportunities, the period piece comic book fantasy of The Rocketeer, and Dennis Hopper's steamy Neo Noir The Hot Spot, it was clear she was growing up fast. And in all the right places! After some transitioning into adult roles in the likes of Alex Proyas' cult hit Dark City, she proved her mettle as an actress in Darren Aronofsky's Requiem for a Dream, Vadim Perelman's House of Sand and Fog, and in Ron Howard's A Beautiful Mind, where she won the Oscar as Best Supporting Actress (her only nomination, to date). She continues to veer back and forth from serious roles in the likes of Todd Field's Little Children, Ed Zwick's Blood Diamond, and Terry George's Reservation Road to mainstream fare like the forgettable The Day the Earth Stood Still remake, the laughless would-be comedy The Dilemma with Vince Vaughn and Kevin James, or the awkward adaptation of the self help best seller He's Just Not That Into You.

I think she is quite a good actress.....and DAMN, is she easy on the eyes.

Attachments

Name:	connelly.jpg
Views:	6140
Size:	163.5 KB
ID:	18810   Click image for larger version

Name:	jennifer.jpeg
Views:	6053
Size:	142.5 KB
ID:	18811  

Born on December 12th:

Frank Sinatra - Actor and singer who is one of the best-selling artists of all time, having sold more than 150 million records worldwide. He won eleven Grammy Awards, including the Grammy Trustees Award, Grammy Legend Award and the Grammy Lifetime Achievement Award. He was one of the most popular and influential musical artists of the 20th century. In 1954, he won the Academy Award for Best Supporting Actor for his performance in From Here to Eternity. In 1956, he received an Oscar nomination for Best Actor for The Man with the Golden Arm. He received critical acclaim for his performance in The Manchurian Candidate, and he also starred in such musicals as On the Town, Guys and Dolls, High Society, and Pal Joey. In 1964, he was nominated for a Golden Globe Award for Come Blow Your Horn, and he won the Golden Globe Award in 1954 for From Her to Eternity, and in 1985 for Pal Joey. In 1971, he received the Cecil B. DeMille Award at the Golden Globe Awards. He was nominated four times for Emmy Awards, and twice for BAFTA Awards. In 1983, he was honored at the Kennedy Center Honors. In 1985, he was awarded the Presidential Medal of Freedom by Ronald Reagan. In 1997, he received the Congressional Gold Medal. In 1980, he was inducted into the Big Band and Jazz Hall of Fame. In 2000, he was named Entertainer of the Century. He was awarded 3 Stars on the Hollywood Walk of Fame for Motion Pictures at 1600 Vine Street, for Recording at 1737 Vine Street, and for Television at 6538 Hollywood Boulevard in Hollywood, California.

Frank Sinatra - That's Life

Frank Sinatra - My Way

Edward G. Robinson - Actor who is best remembered for his roles as gangsters, such as Rico in his star-making film Little Caesar, and as Rocco in Key Largo. His other memorable roles include insurance investigator Barton Keyes in the film noir Double Indemnity, Dathan (adversary of Moses) in The Ten Commandments, and his final performance as Sol Roth in the science-fiction story Soylent Green. In 1956, he was nominated for Broadway's Tony Award as Best Actor (Dramatic) for "Middle of the Night". In 1973, he was awarded an Honorary Academy Award for his work in the film industry, which was posthumously awarded two months after his death. He was ranked #24 in the American Film Institute's list of the 25 greatest male stars in American cinema. On February 8, 1960, he received a Star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame at 6235 Hollywood Blvd.

Bob Barker - TV game show host who is best known for hosting CBS's "The Price Is Right" from 1972 to 2007, making it the longest-running daytime game show in North American television history. He also hosted the game show "Truth or Consequences" from 1956 to 1974. He is also known as the long-time host of Miss USA Beauty Pageant. He has been twice named in the Guinness Book of World Records, as television's "Most Durable Performer" at 3,524 shows, and as "Most Generous Host in Television history" for awarding $55 million in prizes on his various shows. During the ensuing years the $55-million figure has increased to more than $200 million. He has won 11 Emmy Awards as a Game Show Host, and two more as Executive Producer of "The Price is Right". He also received the Lifetime Achievement Award in 1999, for a total of 14, and won 2 additional awards, for a total of 16 Emmys. He has also received the coveted Carbon Mike Award of the Pioneer of Broadcasters. He was ranked #1 on Life's 15 Best Game Show Hosts. He was ranked #1 as GSN's Top 10 Game Show Hosts of All Time. In 2004, he was inducted into the Academy of Television Arts & Sciences Hall of Fame. On May 5, 1976, he received a Star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame at 6714 Hollywood Blvd.

Howard Koch - Playwright and screenwriter who was blacklisted by the Hollywood movie studio bosses in the 1950s. His radio work in the 1930s as a writer for the CBS Mercury Theater of the Air included the Orson Welles radio drama "The War of the Worlds" in 1938, which caused nationwide panic among some listeners for its documentary-like portrayal of an invasion of spaceships from Mars. He later wrote a play about the panic, "Invasion From Mars", which was later adapted into the 1975 TV movie, The Night That Panicked America. He won an Academy Award in 1944 for his work on the script for the film Casablanca with Humphrey Bogart, which he co-scripted with writers Julius and Philip Epstein in 1942. He also wrote or co-wrote the screenplays for The Sea Hawk, Sergeant York, Shining Victory, Mission to Moscow, Rhapsody in Blue, Letter from an Unknown Woman, 633 Squadron, and The Fox. In 1942, he was nominated for an Academy Award for Best Screenplay for Sergeant York. In 1968, he was nominated for a Golden Globe Award for Best Screenplay for The Fox.

Mayim Bialik - Actress who is best known for her roles as the title character of NBC's "Blossom", and as Dr. Amy Farrah Fowler on CBS's hit TV series "The Big Bang Theory", She has been nominated three times for the Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Comedy Series for "The Big Bang Theory". In 1993, while sge was still working on "Blossom", she was accepted to both Harvard and Yale, but turned them down to attend UCLA. In 2000, she was awarded her Bachelor's degree, and she began reading for a PhD in Neuroscience, (studying Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder in adolescents with Prader-Willi syndrome), which she eventually completed in 2007. Her first name means "water" in Hebrew.

Connie Francis - Singer who was the top-charting female vocalist of the late 1950s and early 1960s. She dubbed Jayne Mansfield's singing in the 1958 film The Sheriff of Fractured Jaw. Her hit songs include "Who's Sorry Now?", "Stupid Cupid", "My Happiness", "Among My Souvenirs", "Mama", "Breakin' in a Brand New Broken Heart", "When the Boy in Your Arms (Is the Boy in Your Heart)", "Second Hand Love", "Everybody's Somebody's Fool", "My Heart Has a Mind of Its Own", and "Where the Boys Are". She originally did not want to sing her first smash hit, "Who's Sorry Now", since it was originally written in the 1930s. Her father convinced her otherwise. In 1958, when it first aired on "American Bandstand", host Dick Clark stated, "There's no doubt about it. This girl's headed straight for the #1 spot.". By mid-year, over a million copies had been sold, and for the next four years, she was voted the "Best Female Vocalist" by "American Bandstand" viewers.

Connie Francis - Who's Sorry Now?

Connie Francis - Where the Boys Are

Dionne Warwick - Singer who ranks among the 40 biggest hit makers of the entire rock era, based on the Billboard Hot 100 Pop Singles Charts. She is second only to Aretha Franklin as the most-charted female vocalist of all time with 69 of her singles making the Billboard Hot 100 between 1962 and 1998. In the 1960s, she worked with Burt Bacharach and Hal David who wrote most of her songs. She won five Grammy Awards, and she has earned 18 top-20 US hits, including 12 songs written by Burt Bacharach. She was ranked #42 on VH1's Greatest Women of Rock N Roll. Whitney Houston. was her first cousin. In 2013, she and her cousin Whitney Houston were inducted into the New Jersey Hall of Fame for their services to arts and entertainment. On December 12, 1985, she was awarded a Star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame for Recording at 6922 Hollywood Boulevard in Hollywood, California.

Dionne Warwick - I Say A Little Prayer

Dionne Warwick - Heartbreaker

Edvard Munch - Norwegian painter and printmaker who is is best known for his composition The Scream. Between 1893 and 1910, he created four versions of The Scream, two pastels (1893 and 1895) and two paintings (1893 and 1910). There are also several lithographs of The Scream (1895 and later). In 2013, four of his paintings were depicted in a series of stamps by the Norwegian postal service, marking the 150th anniversary of Edvard Munch’s birth in 2014.

Ed Koch - Politician who served in the United States House of Representatives from 1969 to 1977, and three terms as mayor of New York City, from 1978 to 1989, which he led from fiscal insolvency to economic boom. From 1997–1999, he was the judge on "The People's Court" arbitration-based reality court show. In 2008, he hosted his own movie review video show on the web called The Mayor at the Movies. He appeared in more than 60 films and TV shows as himself, including "Sex and the City", "Spin City", "Saturday Night Live", and The Muppets Take Manhattan. He was the first mayor to host "Saturday Night Live".

Brandon Teena - Woman who lived as a man and was murdered when this was revealed. His life and death were the subject of the Academy Award-winning 1999 film Boys Don't Cry, which was based on the documentary film The Brandon Teena Story. His violent death, along with the murder of Matthew Shepard, led to increased lobbying for hate crime laws in the United States.

Brandon Teena, and Hillary Swank as Brandon Teena in the movie Boys Don't Cry

Attachments

Name:	Scream.gif
Views:	5185
Size:	201.6 KB
ID:	18812  

From what I heard from interviews, Edward G. Robinson was one of the nicest people around. A quiet, caring man who loved to paint. And a devoted family man. Soft spoken, very intelligent and polite.

People think of him as the tough gangster. His best roles are where he had the chance to put some of himself into the character. His character in The Woman in the Window strikes me as having a lot of his real self in it.

So does his character in Soylent Green. He should have won Best Supporting Actor for that role.