Brandon Routh
0%
0 votes
Tom Welling
6.25%
1 votes
Henry Cavill
16 votes. You may not vote on this poll

I've created a Batman, a Star Trek, think I created a Star Wars one as well... I've lost track.

Anyhoo... with the imminent arrival of Man Of Steel in around 6 weeks time from now I've checked the site over and couldn't find a thread on this... so I give you...

Superman... A Faceoff.

Kirk Alyn 1948-1950

Played Superman in two separate series' at the same time. Not much of a physical show though. More of a skinny Dad in a nylon outfit.

---

George Reeves 1951-1957

Almost the Adam West of the Superman World. Campy, cheesy and overweight. Also looked too old.
Kinda like a fat Dad in a flannel outfit.

---

Christopher Reeve 1978-1987

Defined how the Superhero we all love should be played. Reeve played a dual role in Clark and Supes by changing gait and character completely between scenes.
Not much of a physicality though, he had the height and the walk, but Reeve was a bit skinny tbh.

---

John Haymes Newton 1988-1989

Original Superboy of the TV Series produced by Reeve's Superman duo Ilya and Alex Salkind... looked a bit like a drug addict in some scenes though... but lead the way for more Superman TV Series'.

---

Gerard Christopher 1989-1992

Took over from Newton for series 2 of Superboy. Looked the part and had a good personality too for the role.
For me, this was a prelude to the recent Smallville.

---

Dean Cain 1993-1997

Overweight, zero change in character between Clark and Supes and much more cartoony and colourful in the look... for me, the overall tone was another prelude to the recent Smallville series.

---

Ben Affleck 2006

Technically he played George Reeves... but in a way, he was "Superman behind the scenes".
Played it well too, probably the only Affleck role I can actually watch without wanting to punch him into a coma.

---

Brandon Routh 2006

Reeve impersonating, Speedo wearing and zero charisma.
He looked the part for a Reeve wannabe, but was fighting a losing battle from the get go. Routh is no Chris Reeve...

---

Tom Welling 2001-2011

The writers decided that a bunch of cameos from Dean Cain's Superman and Christopher Reeve's Superman would make it work. Sadly, it was just a badly written and poor looking series.
Tom sported no glasses... just too floppy haired and cutesy as well. He did however have the build.

---

Henry Cavill 2013

Ok, Man Of Steel is not out yet... but have to include him...
Muscular, very good actor, darker in tone by the looks of it and has a maaahhhoooosive budget.
Will we see Superman "fly" again?

By the look of Cavill and the look of what he's doing in the trailers and backstage snippets that have been released... I think we might.

Keep on Rockin in the Free World
I went with George Reeves. How can u say he was too old? its not like Super Man doesnt age.

He just looked too old.

Supes is a strong fit and powerful guy... Reeves just looked old enough to be my Granddad.

Precious tritium is what makes this project go.

Reeve will always be Superman to me.

I'm soft for Routh, but he did almost destroy another comic-to-screen adaptation...

Where does Ben Affleck play Superman? I voted for him because he looks good there.

We've gone on holiday by mistake
Think some people may not be taking this poll too seriously.

How can you include Henry Cavill when no one has seen the movie yet?

Young Skywalker. Missed you, I have...
Think some people may not be taking this poll too seriously.

How can you include Henry Cavill when no one has seen the movie yet?
Apparently you didn't read my post. I said the guy just looks like Superman. He looks more like I would imagine Superman looking than any of the rest of them. Also, his outfit is really cool.

Movie Forums Stage-Hand
Christopher Reeves I liked Dean Cains superman but no difference between him and Clark