Looking for a title of a great known thriller about...

Tools    

Hey, I would really appreciate it if you helped me to find the title of a great thrilling film, that I am pretty sure you know.
This movie is about a criminal attorney who fails to represent his client after finding out that his client actually is guilty for what he is being accused for. This attorney was dismissed after actually incriminating his client in court, and when he feared for his life because of his dangerous, brutal ex-client, he ran away. I remember that somehow this attorney became pretty rich after publishing a great novel which he stole from another, old attorney who died, and got all the credit. That is all i can remember. I would really be glad and grateful if you helped me, because I have been searching for this movie for two years.
*If it means anything or help you more to recall, the attorney was depicted by a black character.
Thanks

It could be that:
A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects. Heinlein

This is it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You have no idea how thankful I am! Appreciate your knowledge
Thank You ozgen.

I am glad for having aroused that lust.