A Good Day To Die Hard Good Weekend

Tools    

The latest Die Hard movie narrowly won the weekend box office with takings of $25 million. "A Good Day To Die Hard," which debuted theaters on Wednesday, Feb. 13, earned a total of $38.3 million over five days.

In the film John McClane (Bruce Willis) and his estranged son Jack (Jai Courtney) join together to protect a government informant in Moscow, and thwart a major crime in Chernobyl.

On the heels of "Die Hard" were comedy "Identity Thief ($23.4 million), starring Melissa McCarthy and Jason Bateman, and Nicholas Spark's romance "Safe Haven" ($21.4 million).

The newly released animated film "Escape From Planet Earth" came in fourth place with $16 million, while zombie movie "Warm Bodies" earned $9 million and landed in the fifth slot.

Another new film at the box office, "Beautiful Creatures," debuted in seventh place with $7.4 million.

Fun fact: The original "Die Hard" debuted in 1988 and made a $140 million worldwide at the box office. "Die Hard 2: Die Harder" (1990) grossed $240 million; "Die Hard With A Vengeance" (1995) earned $366 million; and "Live Free Or Die Hard" (2007) made $383 million. Can the latest film in the franchise beat that?

Yea.. didn't last long when people realized how bad it was.

This movie sucks. End of story.
Here, if you have a milkshake, and I have a milkshake, and I have a straw. There it is, that's a straw, you see? You watching?. And my straw reaches acroooooooss the room, and starts to drink your milkshake... I... drink... your... milkshake!
-Daniel, There Will Be Blood

On the outside looking in.
Yea.. didn't last long when people realized how bad it was.

Did well enough to become the fourth most popular film of the series at the box-office, though (DIE HARD 2, why are ye so unloved?! ).

The Bib-iest of Nickels
As long as the last one is "Bad Habits Die Hard," I am fine with this series.

The newly released animated film "Escape From Planet Earth" came in fourth place with $16 million, while zombie movie "Warm Bodies" earned $9 million and landed in the fifth slot.