favorite skits from SNL

Tools    

Get Low, Get Low, Get Low
I love this show, but recently haven't watched it.
But if I were to chose my favorite skits they would have to be:
James Brown, Samuri Bakery, Two Sexy guys, Goat boy, Spartan Cheerleaders, Mango, Mr Peepers, The Culp singers-the one with Ana Gasteyer and Will Ferrill, Roxbury guys,
The best parts are when they screw up and they laugh on live TV, and they try their hardest to keep a straight face.
I am sure there is a lot more i can think of but not right now.

Plus a lady fan of PimpDaShizzle V2.0 and Most importantly JRS

I could go on for hours...but I'll keep it down to the basics...
  • The Continental. Easily one of the best recurring skits of all-time.
  • The West Side Story take-off with Robert Downey Jr. as host. Norm McDonald was perfect...

"That looked choreographed, man."

• All the Harry Caray related bits...gotta love the ones on Weekend Updated.

"Hey Norm! Did you gain weight?"

• Buckwheat Sings!

"Punce...tice...tee times a tady."

• Happy Fun Ball!

"Happy Fun Ball may stick to certain types of skin."
    "Do not taunt Happy Fun Ball."

• The 2000 Presidential Debate parodies...

"Hey Jim? I got some more Nigerian names for ya'..."
    "...and she tells me that some days she has to choose between eating, and treating her Lyme disease..."
    "Umm...pass."
    "...under my plan, Edna's prescription drug bills would be cover. Under my opponent's plan, her house would be burned to the ground."

• Gay Speedskating Hitler. Need I say more?
I feel like going on, and on, and on (and on)...but forming a "favorite SNL skits" list is completely and utterly futile for me...so I'll just leave it as-is for now...though I'm sure I'll feel the compulsive need to come back and add more as time goes on

Radioactive Spider Blood
Celebrity Jeopardy!, of course.

"Chances are, if your parents didn't have any kids, then you won't either."

crazed out movie freak
What about the one with Patrick Swayze and Chris Farley. They were both trying out for a like a Chippendale bar and they were having like a dance contest in front of judges. It was hilarious

Actually it was a Chippendale dancer tryout...but the concept is the same.

"So, if we're going on dancing skills alone, he blows me right out of the water, right?"

the halloween thing about what to do and what not to do with chris farley

"JACKSQUAT!!!"

or chris farley as El Nino

or The Hypo Hypno kid with Mike Myers and Nicole Kidman
oH maN! that one gets me every time

Enemies are so stimulating.
i love hyper hypo kid lol. ive never watch snl but i have downloaded a few of them from the internet (i live in england and we dont get it here )

i like the one with jim carrey in the workout video thing...its sommit like. beautiful, buffed and bitchin
I don't have Parkinson's. I inherited my shaking head from my grandfather Hepburn. I discovered that whisky helps stop the shaking. Problem is, if you're not careful, it stops the rest of you too. My head just shakes, but I promise you, it ain't gonna fall off!

I'm not old, you're just 12.
Un-frozen Caveman Lawyer. Easily the best SNL skit of all time.

Toonces the Driving Cat. I still yell "Toonces, NOOOO!" everytime I see a car going over a cliff in movies.

Wayne's World. "Top ten things Beav says: #1. Hello, I'm Beav and I'm a big fag." and the "Chick Court" one too...

The Church Lady. Dana Carvey in drag. you gotta love it.

The Coneheads

Lyle, the effeminate heterosexual.

Orgasm Guy

The Blues Brothers

Adam Sandler's "Red Hooded Sweatshirt" song

https://shawnsmovienight.blogspot.com/

Put me in your pocket...
Here's my list....

McDonalds
Phil Hartman as Clinton at the McDonalds explaining foreign policy (I think) and warlords while eating everyone’s food. Gawd he was so funny.

Yes! I agree with you moviefan20...I loooved...
Eddie Murphy as James Brown doing Hot Tub

Mary Katherine Gallagher with Molly Shannon
The skit in particular when she tries to out sing Whitney Houston and gets reprimanded by Rosie O’Donnell.

Mango with Cris Kattan
Especially the skit spoofing the VH-1 Divas with J-Lo. I normally don’t like her, but I have to admit she was a good sport.

Chris Farley and Patrick Swayze in the Chippendale’s skit was a hoot.

Chris Farley iceskating with Nancy Kerregan

The Cheerleaders with Cheri O’Terri and Will Ferrell

Church Chat with Dana Carvey.

Coffee Talk with Mike Myers

The Roxbury Guys
In particular he two skits with Jim Carrey and Alex Baldwin.

Gilda Radner as Rosanne RosannaDanna

Bugomatic with Dan Acykroyd

I wanna pump you up Guys...I think it was Kevin Nealon and Joe Piscapo.

Jon Lovitz as the Liar

Impersonations

Dana Carvey As Ross Periot and George Bush Sr.
Phil Hartman as Clinton and Frank Sinatra
Gilda Radner as Babba Wawwa

Oh my gawd I just remembered...
Jesse Jackson reading Green Eggs and Ham. He read it as if a sermon. He's was very cool to do that. I don't know how he kept a straight face.

I know there’s more but I can’t think right now.

Put me in your pocket...
Well, this was bugging me so I went back and looked it up...

The I wanna pump you up Guys...were Hans and Franz.
Also, it was Dana Carvey, not Joe Piscapo, that played it with Kevin Nealon.

RECURRING BITS & CHARACTERS
- Bill Murray as Nick the Lounge Singer
- Nora Dunn & Jan Hooks as The Sweeny Sisters
- Albert Brooks' short films from the first season
- Jack Handy's Deep Thoughts
- Billy Crystal in Fernado's Hideaway
- Eddie Murphy in Mister Robinson's Neighborhood
- John Belushi as The Samurai
- Tippy Turlte cartoons
- Al Franken as Stuart Smalley
- Phil Hartman's Anal-Retentive Chef/Carpenter/Sportsman

SKITS
- Martin Short & Harry Shearer as male synchronized swimmers
- Steve Martin as Theodoric of York, Medieval Barber
- Pre-Chewed Charlie's Stakehouse
- Jon Lovitz's The Devil taken to The People's Court
- The Substitute Judge
- Jimmy Carter at Three Mile Island

COMMERCIAL PARODIES
- Happy Fun Ball
- Colon Blow
- Gay Navy Ad
- Jewess Jeans
- Big Red, the Bloody Viking

BTW, with all the "SNL" fans here, hasn't anybody picked up the new book Live from New York: An Uncensored History of "Saturday Night Live"? It's a very quick read and very interesting if you're a fan of the show. An oral history basically, where Tom Shayles and James Andrew Miller have interviewed dozens and dozens of former castmembers, writers, producers, executives and guest hosts.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Put me in your pocket...
Holden you just brought up some memories for me.....

• Stuart Smalley trying to make Charles Barkley feel good about himself in the mirror.

• Nora Dunn & Jan Hooks as The Sweeny Sisters. I loved the Christmas party skit. They were a hoot together.

• Also, one of the Church Chat skits. When the Church Lady interviews Jim & Tammy Faye Baker.

And also when the Church Lady plays the drums.

A novel adaptation.
Originally posted by Holden Pike

SKITS
- Martin Short & Harry Shearer as male synchronized swimmers
Thank god you named that one. I've refrained from posting in this thread because I could'nt remember who was in that skit.[*]Westside Story
with Norm[*]Steve Martin's King Tut
So gloriously over-the-top.[*]Seinfeld in Oz
"You missed out on the make-up sodomy?!
Thats the best part about being nailed to a gym floor!"
[*]Art...who?
Paul simon recognizes every person who's ever been to one of his concerts. But this... "Art Garfunkel" guy: "Doesn't ring a bell, I'm sorry."[*]I'm not sure this ones a sketch, but during one of the shows, Paul Simon turned to Art (way after they broke up) and said: "So, Art, you done being a movie star?"

Put me in your pocket...
Originally posted by Herodotus
[*]Westside Story
with Norm[*]Steve Martin's King Tut
So gloriously over-the-top.

I wish I had seen the Westside Story skit.....I'll bet it was funny.

Steve Martin was such a kick singing his "King Tut" song.

I have a new favorite to add to my list.
Did anyone see Al and Tipper Gore as Guest hosts? I wish I had seen all of it...but I loved...

Stuart Smalley talking with Al and Tipper and trying to make him feel better about losing the election. Al was a good sport to look into that mirror and repeat whatever Stuart was telling him to.

Jim Carrey (Lifeguard) and Will Ferrill (Swimmer) at the swimming pool..............
Spartan Cheerleaders
Roxbury guys
Church Chat
Coffee Talk

Just love that show.....

"I'm your hell, I'm your dream.......I'm nothing in between.......You know you wouldn't want it any other way".........

"Listen, when I slap you, you'll take it and like it"..........Humphrey Bogart..........Maltese Falcon.......

Graze on my lips and if those hills be dry, stray lower, where the pleasant fountains lie...........William Shakespeare.......

there's a frog in my snake oil
Originally Posted by Yoda
[*]The 2000 Presidential Debate parodies...

"Hey Jim? I got some more Nigerian names for ya'..."
"...and she tells me that some days she has to choose between eating, and treating her Lyme disease..."
"Umm...pass."
"...under my plan, Edna's prescription drug bills would be cover. Under my opponent's plan, her house would be burned to the ground."
Heheheh. "I'm not gonna pronounce any of their names, coz i don't believe it would be in the national interest"; "the second key will be put in a magnetic box, and placed under the senate majority leader's car". All i've heard or seen of SNL in recent years has been an audio of the first debate. We don't get it here like Sisy says . (i didn't get to see more than about 3 mins at a time of the real debates, but i remember Gore's way of speaking, and him shooting himself in the foot by interrupting [i.e. not just letting GW speak ]).

Hoorah!Saturday Night Live is now on Sky.

All the Celebrity Jeopady skits are great.

I also like the Jim Carrey and Alec Baldwin Roxbury sketches.

Kevin Spacey doing impressions of people auditioning for Star Wars was hilarious too.

But one sketch in particular is classic - The Blue Oyster Cult with Christopher Walken. All the guys in it are trying hard not to crack up.
"I got a fever, and the only presciption...is more cowbell!"

Hey Linda..Hey Linda...Hey Linda...Look what I can do...

Hello Salem, my name's Winifred. What's yours
hey guys these all sound really funny and ive heard of them before, is there a site where i could see them? im in england and dont have satellite tv so i cant watch them on tv