DVD TV Series Wish List

Tools    

I know we've got a lot of TV Series requests in the Wish List thread, but it would be easier for my lists to keep them separate, so that's what this list is for . I've got some news for new TV series coming out.

Friends is being released on Tuesday - 12/19 - as a Best of Friends volumes 1 and 2. These are not in airdate order, sorry to say.

Look for Space 1999 in January and Thunderbirds around June.

Studios are starting to get the picture that TV series on DVD would be big sellers thanks to early sales of X-Files, Star Trek original series, and The Avengers. Twilight Zone, Sex and The City, The Sopranos, and South Park are already available.

Quantum Leap and Moonlighting have only released the pilots to DVD, but if sales are good the series will follow.

Sci-Fi network will be releasing their 6-hour Dune mini-series to DVD shortly. Other mini-series including Roots, North and South Parts 1 and 2, The Thorn Birds, and War and Rememberance are currently in the works for a late 2001 release.

I need all the requests you guys can throw at me. The Simpsons, Seinfeld, Dukes of Hazzard, Dallas, Scarecrow and Mrs. King, Moonlighting, E.R., L.A.Law, Star Trek: The Next Generation, Voyager, and DS9 are the biggest requests that I've gotten at work. The Simpsons are pretty close at this point, so keep the suggestions coming.

Also, if you want to see a particular series have certain features, let me know. Like animation featurettes for The Simpsons.

Thanks all

Movie-Fever.com | New! Movie Fever Forums

In Soviet America, you sue MPAA!
I want Seinfeld on DVD so bad. And not just a best of thing, thats stupid. I want EVERY episode. Behind the scenes footage, interviews, Seinfelds stand up bits, anything Seinfeld related. Clips from Leno, Conan, Letterman, anything!!

The Simpsons I want also. Again not just a best of thing, thats such a stupid idea to me. Some people may not like what is considered "the best of".

I think they should bundle up a huge package of those. One or two seasons would be on one DVD, yes it would take alot of DVD's but it would be worth it. Or you could sell each season individually.

The Family Guy would be cool on DVD, but I don't think they have made enough episodes for it to be put on DVD yet. Although I know that there would be an extra hidden egg on there......

Saturday Night Live DVD's would be EXCELLENT. Again sold by seasons, or all in a big Bundle would be great.

The Upright Citizens Brigade would be awesome. I would get that in a second.

I wish I could say that The Simpsons or Seinfeld would be released in airdate order. I don't think a 'Best Of' set would fly at all on the market though. Considering how long both series ran and that The Simpsons is still releasing new episodes, a set-by-season might work...like X-Files, The Sopranos, and Sex and The City. The only problem is the studios are aware that neither series took off until their second and third seasons...that's why they are hestitant to release them in season sets. A first season set of either series probably wouldn't sell very well until second and third seasons are released.

SNL might be released on a per-season basis too, but only after Vidmark/Trimark is done packaging them as the 'Best of Eddie Murphy', 'Best of Mike Myers', etc. Once they get through the entire cast, then they may release by season.

I disagree that the Simpsons didn't take off until its second or third season. The thing was a hit from the get-go (so much so that it was moved to Thursday night to compete with Cosby for its first full season on the air). The episodes weren't as good as the later ones, in my opinion, but it was still a popular show from the get-go. And I think a lot of people would still buy the first and second season discs (especially second season. There are some classic episodes in there). Since the first season was only a half-season, they could prime the pump by offering it at a lower price than future installments, as well.

As for Seinfeld, even though the show didn't catch on (being on opposite Home Improvement was a killer early on), those early episodes are still as good as later episodes. When I see them on TV reruns, they are still hilariously funny.

Just because people discovered the show at a later time doesn't mean that they wouldn't be interested in buying DVDs of those early episodes they didn't see in their first run, especially if jokes and bits that have been cut out for syndication are restored (I don't know that Seinfeld has had stuff cut out for syndication, but I know the Simpsons has, and many other series often have small parts cut for syndication so the TV stations can add an extra commercial or two.)

I'd cast my vote for the entire NewsRadio series on DVD, but that was really never a popular enough show to warrant being released on DVD.

Well, popularity or no, I'd have to agree with Laurie on the by-season format - it makes the most sense, really. Release the highest-rated seasons first.

I wasn't saying they shouldn't do a by-season format. As a matter of fact, I was defending the idea of doing a by-season release. That's actually the way I prefer it. I think they'd probably still be best served by putting them out in order, though.

In Soviet America, you sue MPAA!
I forgot about News Radio, that show was great. I completely forgot about one of my favorite shows too. Unhappily Ever After. Oh man was that a great show. It didn't last too long, but it was soooo hilarious. There was not one episode where I did not laugh hard.

I think every series if it's put to DVD should be released in airdate order simply because if you're a fan and spending over a hundred dollars for a set, then you want them in the order they originally ran. Plus, if a studio is going to spend the money for the new format, then they should release the shows unedited. Almost every show in syndication now has been edited for time because there is more commercial time now than there was when the show originally aired. The original Star Trek series is the prime example for editing to the point where Paramount chopped the show by 12 to 16 minutes in some cases.

This is the main reason I love the Sci-Fi channel. When they aired Star Trek they released it with all the original footage uncut. Also, they recently re-released Babylon 5 in letterox format with original scenes. This is the version that is being considered for DVD later in 2001.

If contracts hold up, Knight Rider may be on DVD by March...Woo-Hoo!! This is one I've wanted for ages. Somebody up there likes me...lol.

I can hardly wait to see David Hasselhoff play the dual role of Michael and Garth Knight in crisp, clear DVD video. (Actually, Knight Rider was a show I liked a lot. I don't know that I would buy it on DVD, but I'd at least consider it strongly).

Now if they would only release DVDs of The Misadventures of Sheriff Lobo, my life would be set.

Well, I was gonna say a My Favorite Martian dvd but I saw the other day they all ready have one out ! Woo Hoo!

Shows that I want on DVD in no particular order, except Married with Children

1. Married with Children
2. Unhappily Ever After
3. Super Adventure Team
4. Freakazoid
5. Earthworm Jim
6. Parker Lewis Can't Lose
7. Working
8. Duckman
9. Son of the Beach
10. Sliders
11. Fresh Prince of Bel-Air
12. 3rd Rock from the Sun
13. Just Shoot Me
14. Mama's Family
15. Three's Company
16. I Dream of Jeannie
17. Get Smart
18. The Tick
19. Ducktales
20. Darkwing Duck
21. Rocko's Modern Life
22. The Ren and Stimpy Show
23. Salute Your Shorts
24. Clarissa Explains it All
25. Various Hanna Barbera--Too many to list
26. Jack of All Trades
27. The Young Ones
There's more but I can't remember them all right now, but this is a pretty good start.

Great list. I know that several are currently in pre-production...meaning studios are testing consumers to see if they want the series and what features, if any, will be included. The ones in pre-po are the following:

Married with Children
Sliders
Fresh Prince of Bel-Air
Mama's Family
Three's Company
I Dream of Jeannie
The Ren and Stimpy Show

I'll forward all the requests to their respective studios. For the ones listed above, I'll make sure they know that people here are eager for them.

I remembered some more I want, hopefully some are on the pre-production list.

In Living Color
Fawlty Towers
Family Guy
Futurama
All in the Family
Eek the Cat!
Heathcliff
Chip 'n' Dale's Rescue Rangers
The X-Show
Quack Pack

Hanna Barbera--Warner Bros. now--I'm not sure if these are the actual names of the shows, some are, some might not be

1. Jabberjaw
2. Dynomutt Dog Wonder & Blue Falcon
3. Hong Kong Phooey
4. The Jetsons
5. The Flintstones
6. Secret Squirrel
7. Jeannie and Babu
8. Quickdraw McGraw
9. Yogi Bear
10. 2 Stupid Dogs
11. Space Ghost
12. Top Cat
13. The Galaxy Goof-Ups
14. Yogi's Space Race
15. Scooby's All Star Laff A Lympics
16. Swat Kats
17. New Scooby Doo Movies
18. Scooby and Scrappy-Doo
19. Wally Gator

The Rocky and Bullwinkle Show
Talespin
X-men--not the new one on the wb
That 70s Show
Titus
Street Smarts
Sabrina the Teenage Witch
Howard Stern Radio Show
Malibu_CA
Space Ghost Coast to Coast
Action
The Adventures of the Gummi Bears
[Edited by jared262 on 01-12-2001]

I forwarded everything and got a few surprises in return. I Love Lucy and The Prisoner are now on DVD. Babylon 5 and Alien Nation are also on pre-production list now too...woo-hoo!!!

My vote goes to Seinfeld. Also Mad About You would be nice.

Out of This World
Tales from the Crypt--some are on dvd, but not many
Beavis and butthead--same as above
Weird Science
Garfield and Friends
Kablam
Step By Step
Family Matters
Sifl & Olly
Schnookums and Meat
Mad TV
Xena Warrior Princess